(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

aprilpinky..

oic.. only those 2 items nid to pay xtra ah.. hmmm.. but folic acid tot its free(included in d package)? y u still buy frm unity leh?

Ya.. i will b visiting Dr Yeo on tues afternoon..
 


celtricia,

I dont think folic acid is free. They only say multi vits but you can double check. I have been taking folic acid long before conceiving and I always got from Unity and have lots of stocks so didnt ask doc for it.

One of my friends just went to Dr Yeo today also for general preparation for conceiving. hehe. My next visit would be 28 May for the compulsory HIV test.
 
Hi Joyfulhands
Who is your Dr in RH? I'm haven't decide between MAH or RH (Dr Lee I W), RH is a nice place but it's further than MAH for me). Have you heard of any comments on their midwives/nurses? Any advice?
 
Aprilpinky,

u mean u yet to go for the HIV blood test? i areadi did mine, coz my GP says better do it fast..

folic acid not free meh? i tot it is..heh.. nvm i'll check wif Dr Yeo... hmmm.. NT scan ah.. oki.. i tink i would like to do it on tuesday itself if its possible.. coz nw 12weeks liao, seems like my tummy still quite small... a bit worried leh.. duno if everything is going on well for my bb..
 
Celtricia,

Yes, I havent gone for HIV test yet. Dr Yeo scheduled the NT test first cuz NT test is time-sensitive. Once beyond 14th week cant do already. Dont think u can immediately schedule. I did mine on a Sat. It's terrible with no appt cuz full already. On 4th floor, so many ppl! Waited for 2 hrs or more. Weekdays shd be better.

My tummy also quite small still wearing normal blouse but wearing maternality skirts to work already cuz v uncomfortable at waist level. They said 4th/5th month will grow v fast. As long as baby is healthy and growing, mother small size never mind. My baby is abt 5 cm plus in my 11th week. Healthy size.

Oh ladies, just went Chinatown mkt and bought 1 working blouse, 1 casual dress and 1 causal pants for $56 in total. Yes, quite cheap but not much chic designs. Mostly casual wear.
 
Nik, i just call up TMC for the antenatal class.. they are charging $147 for weekday 7-9pm and $168 for weekend(a few timimg to choose), 5 lessons w 1 doc talk... only can start when we are 20weeks.
 
Celtricia
What's HIV blood test for? Dun think I ever did it leh.

Ah Fat
Which counter are you working at? Then can go find you when I'm at Tangs :p

Aprilpinky
For my gynae, went on multi vits and calcium from 2nd trimester onwards. Didn't continue with folic acid.

Moms-to-be
Just went for checkup with stand-in gynae and gave me a shock at first coz couldn't see bb from normal scan. Had to do another v-scan and she finally found my little one hiding in the corner. Heard the heartbeat too. So exciting coz I didn't hear my first bb's heartbeat til the final stages of my pregnancy. The gynae's clinic quite nice and spacious unlike my usual gynae but still prefer my usual gynae. Was told my bb's EDD is now 30/12.05. Dili, dun bother changing the dates yet coz will be having another check on 1 Jun. By then, should be more accurate I hope.
 
hey aprilpinky,

NT scan nid to schedule one ah.. hmm.. duno if my GP did asked Dr Yeo to arrange for me.. coz if nt i got to visit him again by tis week.. coz nxt week will b 14 week liao.. heh..

ya.. my waist level also start to feel uncomfortable.. n seems to run out of clothes to wear.. lucky for me, my wrk place provide uniform, so they making maternity dress for me to wear nw.. not so bad afterall.. kekeke.. juz dat if nid to go out mit frens or shopping can't find bottoms to go wif dat's all.. ur tummy also small small ah.. oki.. nw i feel at ease, coz my aunt kept saying mine look small n dat by 3rd mth she can feel d foetus moving liao.. but i totally dun feel it, dat's y worried lor..

hi absolut,
the HIV blood test is c if we haf HIV as its nt a gd idea to give birth to bb if we haf HIV, n its nw compulsory to haf d test as announced by the GOVT i tink sometime last yr.. so every pregnant mums nid to go for the test.. so i tink u better check wif ur gynae..
 
absolut..

hmmm...i am still taking frolic acid lei

celtricia

dun worry abt not feeling bb moving cos me also no feeling yet..gynae say not so fast..
 
Hi venus...

Thks...first time here so really dun know what to say..hahaha..

I'm currently in my 14 wks of pregnancy...

Hi jofulhands,

which gynae?
 
Welcome Melo!!

14 weeks...I'm into 15!!

Is this your first?? I have a boy 11 months plus..will be 1yr on June 1st.

Do you get ms?? Or are you over it already??
 
venus.. really ah.. hmm.. at least i'm not d only one.. heh.. my aunt really makes me worry sia.. kekeke..

helo melo!

welcome welcome!
 
<font color="aa00aa">LADIES!</font>
Just pop in to say HI! Going off again tmr after Doctor's visit! I'm going for my honeymoon... in Japan. Initially wanted a 10day trip... but cut it down to 7days... so will be back on 23rd!

It's been 6 weeks since I last saw the doctor! Very excited yet worried about tmr's visit. Going to see bb again! I'm sure you all know how I feel!

I won't be able to update the list for a week... sorry for any inconvenience caused
happy.gif
 
wow..so nice! Dili_Mummy, Enjoy your honeymoon!

My hb and i initially plan to go Tokyo and Hokkaido during these two weeks but then once found out i am pregnant, all gone with the wind... :<

Welcome, Melo!
 
Hi chris...

ya ya...japan is really very fun....but of cos provided u must comfortable to travel while u r preggie...hehee..

I got my pregnant during my Japan trip...so my bb is made from Japan.
 
aiya...cannot leh..now having twins...no one will allow me to travel liao.. :<

Dont know must wait until when then can go japan :<
 
Hi Dili

Enjoy your honeymoon! Can't imagine how you're gonna resist eating all the sashimi or are you gonna succumb to temptation?? Hubby chioing me to go to Jap again but told him not to make me suffer coz can't eat raw fish. If I really go, sure can't resist and eat all the raw fish I see. :p
 
Hello All,

Into my 14th week fr today onwards. V happy. 2nd trimester! Hopefully life will become easlier. I cant feel baby's movement leh but I can often hear its heartbeat beating v fast against my own in the quiet night or early morning. hehe.

absolut, yes, I think i read somewhere which says also that we should take folic acids up to 14th week. Maybe shd double chk with gynae whether any harm to continue taking.

celtricia, yes, the NT scan need to schedule. It's coupled with fetal anomaly scan at 20th week as a package. I paid abt $180 for them already.
 
Quick note before I go...

Thanks everyone... I'll try my best to enjoy the trip.... albeit no sashimi and roller coasters!

Saw the doctor today! NT test shows <1:4000, so very low risk. Gestational age is 12.4wks... bb measures at 62mm. It's amazing how fast bb grew! From just a little heartbeat 6 weeks ago! Now I can go on the trip in peace!

ok cannot talk liao... will log in again next tuesday!! take care ladies!! MUAHHHH
kao_byebye.gif
 
Aprilpinky, ur bb already 5cm at 11 weeks!!!!. Mine only 2.8cm at 10 weeks lei.
285781.gif


Dili, enjoy ur trip.

Wow, we got bbs made in japan n LA. Mine is Made in s'pore. Tat time i went holiday in japan during my 'fertile' period, i tot if i strike tat time, i will name my bb as 'Momo taro'. Meaning peach boy.
 
Hi ladies!

Hope I can join this thread. Am currently into my 16 weeks and EDD is 1 Nov which also happens to be our wedding anniversary! But not keeping hopes up that baby will be so on time. This is our first baby and so really excited.

Just wanted to find out from the other ladies who have given birth. How far off was your actual delivery date with the EDD given by gynae?
Many thanks!
 
hi ladies..
longtime nv come in liao, so busy recently manz....

have u gals start showing ur tummy?

Dili, so shiok!!! enjoy ur trip..
 
clee,

welcome...our data updater is going for her honeymoon and so will be back in a week..be sure to remind her to add you on then?? ok??

Meanwhile...1st baby?? must be exciting for you!!

My first was induced and finally arrived 36hours later....so hoping my second won't be the same else I really close shop liao!!

It was about 3 days earlier than EDD as the "waters" were low.. so Matthew arrived on the 1st June instead of 4th!!
 
Thanks, Natalie for the welcome! So guess I have plus/minus days around EDD then.

Anyway, just recovered from a bad cold after 2 weeks. Still have a slight cough remaining. Told my GP that I was pregnant and he prescribed me very mild medication which took me a long time to recover. A friend said that her colleague lost her baby at 10 weeks because of a course of medication she took for her viral flu. Make me slightly worried myself. But been feeling alright and am hoping next week's visit to gynae will show that everything's ok.

So mummies-to-be, do take care especially with horrible weather that we have been having these days and everyone around catching the flu bug. Be mindful of any medication that you take. For e.g., before I saw my GP, had wanted to take the Strepsils herbal cough syrup until I read in fine print on box that pregnant women must consult doctor before taking it. My gynae also said cannot take Panadol Extra/Cold but normal Panadol (the round one) can. So do check with your doctor when you are sick and remember to tell them that you are pregnant.
 
Melo,

my first boy was born in RH last year. my 2nd baby is going to be born in the USA due to my hubby's work commitments.
 
Sexxy, r u going for the classes? I'm still not sure yet cos the class does include some prenatal exercise, i think i can't exercise. Is ur tummy showing??? Mine shows a little liao. But still able to fit my usual clothes, though abit tight.

Clee, welcome to our family here.
 
nik, ya i going w hubby. mayb u check w Dr Lim whether u can go for the class.. when are u seeing him again?
good, finally ur tummy showing. i also showing liao n i can still wear some of my bigger size clothes....
 
Nik,

It's ok. Your baby will catch one. Eat more! Mine was also quite small in week 6. My tummy grew bigger these 2 days. Appetite has become better these few days. Less bloatedness or nausea. I think I can begin to enjoy my 2nd trimester!
happy.gif


Will be joining the TMC antenatal class from 20th week. Will be registering 2 weeks later in case no vacancy for Sats. :pP Just bought a book written by the instructor, Mrs Wong - Childbirth. Quite useful and a lot of guidance on antenatal exercises.

Welcome clee! I got friends who only take MC when sick but never take any medicine. Really suffer like anyth. The first few weeks of my pregnancy I had indigestion and had to take carbon and other medicine but GP assured that those r safe. So ladies, just have to inform the doctor that u r pregnant and I think most GP shd know what to and what not to prescribe.
 
evening ladies..

went for my 1st Gynae checkup today.. hee.. so happy! saw my bb's heartbeat for the first time.. so touching.. hubby was by my side too.. tink he too happy to react also.. kekeke.. anyway.. my bb is 13.3wks n measures 74mm.. heh.. glad dat bb is growing well..

heya Aprilpinky.. i will b gg for my NT scan tml.. actually they tried arranging one for me today.. but heard appts were full, so they arrange for me to go tml morning.. did Dr Yeo ask u to purchase the stretchmark cream as well? coz i bought it.. hope its effective.. hee..
 
celtricia,

Dr Yeo didnt ask me whether I want to buy the cream or not. He just told me he would prescribe the cream for me. haha. So far I have no stretch mark yet (touched wood) then the nurse also instructed me to apply on my buttock as well and not just the tummy. haha.

So big tube I think the most use 2 tubes or less for the whole pregnancy.

I'm looking fwd to my appt on 28th May..so long never c my baby already. Hopefully can tell whether gal/boy then
happy.gif
 
morning ladies...

hwz everyone doing today?

hi Aprilpinky..

oh issit? mayb becoz he tot my GP would haf asked me to buy b4 gg to him dat's y he asked me.. i have stretch marks even b4 i was pregnant.. at the tighs area.. duno y.. coz my older n younger sis also haf.. dat's y its gd to haf d cream for me to apply.. hee..
happy.gif


had my NT scan today.. so happy to c bb doing so well.. n so active as well.. kept moving abt.. making its difficult for doc to capture the head for measurements.. whh shows for low risk.. so everything is ok for bb.. my nxt appt wif Dr Yeo is on 31st May.. but the nxt scan they say will haf to wait.. but really glad dat everything is doing so well..
biggrin.gif
 
hello all,

when r we supposedly to feel clothes especially the pants tight? I'm only in the 7th-8th week ..but already felt pant quite tight..I think my weight is uncontrollable now.

Celtricia, must be very excited to see the baby..imagine mine is 10x smaller than yours when i visited the gynae..sigh..
 
Clee
My 1st bb was born exactly on my original EDD (the first time I scanned and gynae told me the EDD). The date changes from scan to scan.

Venus
Love sashimi alot. Very sad that I can't eat it again for the next 9 months.

ah Fat
Wah... good brand to work for leh. Me using their makeup remover. U must be v pretty to work in cosmetics. Next time must consult you for makeup tips.
 
Celtricia,

I paid for both tests in advance leh. So Dr Yeo's nurse told me will schedule the other measurement test in 20th week. My NT is ok. Ratio is abt 1:2200 while ratio for my age grp is 1:700 plus so quite safe also.

My baby also at first cannot measure then she said wait a while but I cant see the screen then subsequently the medical officer told me can see already.
happy.gif


Weoseek, my pants getting tight I think also around 7-8 weeks. Baby grow v fast one. Slowly you will see the limbs and all. haha. I saw them during my NT scan. So cute.
 
Hi gals,

Long time nv come in liao... not feeling too well lately. So no mood to chat... but still come in once awhile to see e updates!

Stay coolz &amp; positive!

Cheers.
Yvonne
 
hi moonbell &amp; Melo,
Sorry gals, replying late. I was too tired from work to login over the last few days, plus hubby was hogging the computer at home! ha.. Anyway gd to see several happy mum-to-bes... healthy growing bbs or happily travelling overseas...

Btw I'm seeing Dr Thong P.W. in RH. I find her a very professional doctor, but her charges are ex tho'. While waiting to see her, sometimes I saw Dr Lee I.W. walking around, a petite, gentle looking woman. Read from this forum that Dr Lee has good stitching skills. Not sure about the nurses working at the wards.

Who are your doctors?
My NT scan is next week. Hopefully everything goes fine &amp; looking forward to see my bb on the screen &amp; printout again
happy.gif
 
Weoseek..

tink basically all of us here quite anxious to see our bb grow.. so everytime one of us tok abt seeing our bb another will grow envious of the size of the bb... i'm like dat too.. dun worry.. soon it will b ur turn to see ur bb's hands n legs n d way they move.. its so adorable n it makes u feel so proud of urself dat bb is doing well.. hee..

Aprilpinky,

i also paid for the 2 tests liao.. total 178.50 right? at first the MO also says bb kept moving difficult to capture d pics, but i also couldn't see, therefore i kept speaking to my bb in my mind, asking bb to keep still so that everything will end soon.. hahaha.. sounds funny right? but tink at d point it really wrks.. so i tink speaking to bb is a gd ting.. so when u gg to c Dr Yeo again?

heya Yvonne...

wat happen to u? feeling nauseous always issit? or something else? take care hor.. Ya.. NT scan is like checking if bb has down sydrome or not.. n yes its d measuring of the bb's neck n some other calculation to see if the water near d neck of bb can subside as or not.. something like dat.. quite difficult to explain.. i'm sure ur gynae or MO will explain to u during ur scan.. no worries k?
 


Sexxy, my tummy only shows very little bit. Due to i'm tall, actully doesn't look preggie. Hb very upset again.

Ladies, juz wanna to check. Do u eat regular meals as well as snack in-between? I dun really snacking. But i try to eat regular meal. Do u wait till hungry then take meal or 'not hungry' also take cos it's meal time? I think i've no idea how much i should eat. My weight still the same. Moreover, i didn't puke.
My checkup is on next thursday. Hope my bbs is catching up. Anyone got her bb's measurment at week 10?
 

Back
Top