(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

celtricia.. can lar.. can lar.. me minus PH n sat n sun oso 24 leh..
rofl.gif


nik ~ i cant always take a nap though i wan leh.. have to work..
kao_sleep.gif
 


Hi all,

I am 24 ths year too!!! But it's my second kid though. My little girl is already 5 years old so the gap is a little wide.
 
yes yes..coming back soon..! haha..so many people in denial about their age ..esp the younger ones!! tsk tsk...
happy.gif
 
kelly ~~~~~~~~~ u so young!!!!!!!! den 2nd baby liaoz!!!!!!!!!

den when u had ur first den u ma 19 nia?????????

chin ~ bo bian leh.. haha.. have to act cute n young mah ~ everything act mature sian liaoz mah.. haha
 
hahaha.. chin.. only morraine lah.. she still haf to minus PH n weekends den can get to 24 leh.. hahaha..

yoz kelly.. u reallly young when u haf ur first kid leh.. really pei fu u leh..
 
Chin,
you in touch with Furryfurry? Wonder how she's doing. She's also in the same city you're in, if I remember correctly.

I'm not the youngest and not the oldest... 28 this year... with or without PH and weekends! keke...

Yes I feel very short of breath these days. Before pregnancy, I was quite fit with my kickboxing and gym-going. But since I stopped, my heart rate shoots sky high and I get short of breath just walking 10mins! Got a lot catching up to do in the future!
 
Hi morraine & celtricia,

Yep I was only 19 when I had my girl. Got married when I was only 18!! Really was tough back then. I was still schooling and had no idea what's expected of me as a mummy. But I guess I managed to get through it somehow.

But I have been really lucky in terms of my career and am progressing much faster than my peers. Now catching up going for my Diploma & Degree. So you guys can imagine me juggling my pregnancy, one kid, work and 4 days of lessons per week!!!
 
wow kelly, you're a superwoman juggling so many roles at a time! In contrast, I'm on the slower track taking things one step at a time... I took 2 years to complete part-time studies, then got preggie this year. Old liao, oready 32... probably one of the oldest & yet most inexperienced mtb around. Need to 'qing jiao' & learn from the existing mummies here...
 
Kekeke... I really made potato salad today!!! Going to have it for lunch tmr... yum!!! ha... my first taste of craving pangssss...
 
hi Rochelle,
you delivered your 1st boy in RH right? How do you find RH? because I'm undecided between RH & TMC, as RH seems quite ex. My 1st appt @RH costs $202, and read from other threads that subsequent appt will be $100+.
Wonder how much the other mtbs are paying for their gynae visits. Anyone to share?
 
Hello

The bills size by MOH do they include gynae fees?
is there a standard for gynae fees?

Will we be able to ask how much it will cost like for c section or natural bith with or without epidural?

Actually huh i also very confused.. i thk my doc at mt e charge cheaper rates than this doc at mt A that i got recommendation for. Then again, the hospital cost at Mt e is crazy, more than mt A for sure.. so i m thinking netnet it sounds like the same - do i make sense?

if anyone knows how to look at/ calculate or gestimate the cost s do let me know, i just wonder when do we ask the gynae such questions.. heehee..

Dili Mummy how does the salad taste? any good or not ur cooking skill?

Tmr I am gonna get some new tops as i realise all my tops too short now, cannot cover my maternity pants (u know the elastic band on top) heehee.. still trying to pretend i am not preggie...
happy.gif
haha
 
hi <font color="blue">dili mummy</font>,
ahh, potato salad... I love potato dishes leh, but have since avoided french fries &amp; potato chips. Gynae oso advised me to cut down on carbo.

A bit confused on the costs... I thought the MOH website gives the hospital charges only? But there's also the gynae charges (during preggie) and pediatrician (baby doctor) fees after delivery?


hi <font color="blue">veil</font>,
haha, u pretend not preggie huh... haven't tell your colleagues yet? Me oso pretend everything is as normal, but tummy is bulging a little due to bloatedness, so just cover with loose tops or jackets for the time being. Where are you getting maternity tops?

I think the individual hospitals will be able to tell you the difference costs for c-section, natural w/ &amp; w/o epidual.
 
Hi Dili Mummy,

Ahhh... potato salad!!!! You are making me crave it too.... if only it's easy to get such food in the "ulu" part of Jurong.

Had cravings for the wanton noodles at Tiong Bahru market yesterday afternoon and ended up skipping classes just to have it for dinner! It was heavenly being able to eat what you were craving for!!!
 
(",)Kelly, You've been a Great Brave Mummy!!
Alot of people would have opt for an abotion
if they got their 1st child at the age of 19 (",)
*Salute*
Well, I am going 25 this year.....
 
Hi ah FAT,

Don't think I was being brave but rather because I was pretty sure that my hubby was the one. Honestly if I didn't have confidence that the marriage would work out and if I didn't love him that much back then, I wouldn't have taken the plunge.

But absolutely no regrets!! Having able to see your kid gorwing up happily and kissing you goodnight everyday is the best thing that could ever happen to anybody.
 
good morning everyone..

dili_mummy - yes, i was in touch with furryfurry, but have not heard from her for a while..we are in the same city..small world indeed.

i have all sorts of cravings these days..but they are all for food back home..so I shall not think so much about them. trying to cook some simple dishes instead..the food outside is very oily!

take care everyone!
 
<font color="aa00aa">Chin,</font>
Good that you're coming back on Sunday! Can indulge abit. Yes, food in China is real oily... and somehow the veg and pork tastes different. Oh yah... pack a couple of bottles of Ribena in your suitcase when you go back! ha...

<font color="aa00aa">Joyfuljhands and Veil,</font>
Yah lor, the MOH website only gives an estimate of the hospitalisation and delivery charges, but not gynae's visit fees. I think there're some threads here that talks about gynae fees leh... can look for it for you're free.
 
i am 28 this yr liao lor, same as dili.. :)

i start to feel heartburn and a bit breathless too, feel very hungry but eat a bit feel very full..
also not feeling so well tis few days, having throat infection n feel weak... :-(
 
<font color="aa00aa">Sexxy,</font>
Get ample rest and take the meds huh! It mught help to split up your normal portion into two... save the half for about 4 hrs later. Must reheat it well though!

Now that we're all pregnant... our immune system gets weakened. Bacteria that don't normally harm us, can wreak havoc now. So everyone... must take particular care on personal/food hygiene!
 
dili, u stil having conspation? me like quite bad lei...

btw, have u start wearing bigger clothes? me like super bloated n my upper stomach also getting bloated... :-(
 
<font color="aa00aa">Sexxy,</font>
Yes still having constipation... I think my tummy big now cos a lot of "waste pdts" inside! I still go toilet every 2 days... but have to try for a few times.
I haven't started wearing bigger clothes... but I'm growing out of my pants (have to unbutton when I sit down!) so I stopped wearing my pants and have switched to wearing skirts everyday. My work tops are not figure hugging type... so still ok.

Hipster skirts all come up to the waist liao! haha...
 
The charges on MOH and hospitals' websites are only for hositalisation charges. Does not include aneasthetician or pediatrician's fees. Does not include gynea's delivery charges either.

How're ur gynea's packages like? Mine's $500 starting from 12 weeks, and after delivery pay $900, so altogether is $1400.
 
joyfulhands,

I find RH charges though they look expensive actually includes everything already while for TMC some things are not part of the package so got hidded costs. also for ultrasound scan, RH is much more generous than TMC. my SIL who gave birth at TMC said that she has very few ultrasound scan photos and it is not done by her gynae but by a sonographer. when u add up all the hidden cost, the difference in $$$ is negligible. also my gynae is open at weekday nights and saturday mornings so its easier for hubby to go with me for checkups without taking leave.

also my SIL commented that TMC like pasar malam atmosphere becos overcrowded and she waited a long time to get her room after labour.

you should go for the maternity ward tour, u can call and book a time that is convenient for u, the hospital PR will show u around.

if u are on leave on weekdays, u can pop by my house to take a look at all the bills and the ultrasound photos as well as hospital photos. I like it there becos the staff to patient ratio is very small so the staff not black face
 
hihi..

today did not go out and buy clothes cuz raining too hard.. not hiding fr colleagues cuz i dun wk.. but so far my frens also never really notice i preggie hahaha

Meixue, your gynae fees include the process of delivery already or just consultation?

the gynae i am currently seeing charges per visit, no packages.. what does packages include?

thk i will see if other thread talks abt cost breakdown or what are all the components of the costs..

today for craving for cakes.. yum..
 
The price below includes folic acid, multivitamins, calcium supplements, ultrasound scans. This is what I paid last year for my first baby.

Raffles Surgicentre 147.75 check up
Raffles Surgicentre 146.35 check up
Raffles Surgicentre 124.50 check up
Raffles Surgicentre 997.50 package
Raffles Surgicentre 163.80 blood test
 
Much thanks for the info, Rochelle. I like RH for the fact that it's near to my home &amp; work place, convenient for me to visit gynae in times of need. Its environment is also comfy &amp; new. Who's your gynae at RH? I saw Dr Thong for my 1st time. Do you live near RH?

Hmm, a gd idea to tour the maternity ward... will request for it. My not-so-gd impression is that some of the RH nurses are rather disorganised &amp; appear to be confused. Read from other threads that TMC service is good &amp; staffs are friendly. In a dilemma now *scratch head*
 
hi dili_mummy

very busy with work ..been doing OT this week..
most likely i choose kkh but will keep u update on the hospital once i confirm
 
Hey ladies,

Just wondering are you all going for natural birth or opting for c-section?

Hang in there, it's Thursday!!!!
 
joyfullhands,

my checkup fees are slightly higher becos I need to take hormone theraphy pills so yours should be lower. my gynae is Dr Koh and I see him at Tampines Junction which is near home.

I have bad experience with TMC staff when my brother was born there. that is why it was a clear cut no.

The TMC antenatal class by Mrs Wong is suppose to be good though so u might want to take the class there regardless where u choose to give birth eventually.
 
Good Morning Gals!

Dili, ya all my hipster skirts come up to the waist liao.. pant also getting tight n feeling uncomfortable. my top are stil ok cos working skirt are loose n other tops are cotton.
 
morning everyone~

kelly ~ i wil try for natural first!!

Rochelle ~ wah.. ur visits fees abit costly hor ~ mine so far.. the most ex i paid was $85 wor.. den the rest are like $35 - 50..
 
morning all mums to be...

tink most of us the hipster bottoms all come up to waist liao... mine too.. nw so limited bottoms to choose from, lucky my wrkplace provide uniform n its near my hse, so i dun nid to dress up.. juz wear casually, everyday wear d same bottom also nvm.. heh..
 
The idea of natural birth......
Beri beri scary....
Is it difficult to heal after birth.....
So.... I am opting for c-section....
Still considering.....
 
Ah Fat,
C-section wounds are harder to heal leh. Some more can see scar if wear bikini... that is, if I can regain my figure lah!! Whhhahahahaaaa....

But yeah... will try natural birth first lor. See how the situation is lah.
 
Hi all,

Yes, c-section is definitely more difficult to heal. Natural birth heals really fast and no more pain once the baby is born. Just no sex and no gymnasts acts!!
 
I think I will opt for natural birth with epidural to minimise pain. Hopefully the labour scenario will not be like those in movies or drama serials. Quite scary
sad.gif


Btw have you all inform your parents, relatives, friends or colleagues of your preggie?

<font color="blue">Rochelle</font>,
You went for 3 checkups before the maternity package starts at 12th wk? When was the blood test done?
 
I've informed some close colleagues of my pregnancy. No choice, since I'm always on MC. Will be informing my superiors soon, as I plan to take unpaid leave.

I've also told my parents and some close friends.

I also intend to go for natural birth. Not sure whether to have epidural or not, heard that it has side effects like back pain etc?
 
ya.. same here.. will definitely opt for natural birth... heh..

all my family members knew abt it liao.. n so is the whole of my company coz of my company's D&amp;D whereby they ran a contest to c whh grp has the most pregnant ladies n i was pushed up by some of my colleagues who knew i was pregnant.. heh..
 
me too... will try for natural birth first unless really cannot..

oh no my panty is starting to get tight..

is there any maternity panty available that i can buy huh??
 


hmm......
Morraine, dill mummy &amp; kelly.....
thanks for the advice....
Think better try natural 1st hor.....

venus.....
Mine panty also getting pretty tight.....
Think can get them at mothercare.....
Pretty cheap I think.....
 

Back
Top