(2005/10) Oct 2005 MTB???

Aiyoh, I think most of us same same lah regarding abt the low ss of our BM...

My ss drop since I fall sick on last last wk...used to get 120ml per pump now only 50-60ml per pump...sigh...
sad.gif

I sometimes wondered is it the medicine that my gynae gave me made my supply drop....

ssl: sure.. got to get the no from my hb first..
yea.. she is a filipino.. erm.. i didn't get to interview her. expenses are like her food.. her toiletries and basically her basic needs lor..
i got her within 2 weeks i think..

nah.. its not allowed one.. coz they wanna protect the maid.. the maid's the one working mah.. so she'll be tired.. not the agency who is working.. so why pay more to the agency?

adel: ssl: trust me.. its better to have a maid at home.. even if u are a sahm! at least the maid can take care og general household cleaning.. and could probably can help you out with some feeds! ===== if my hubby sees this, he sure says u sabo. kekeke.. cos i SAHM too.. whahaha.. alone is stress n siong.. today my first day looking after her.. i like no time for myself to sit down n red forum and to rest at all.
sad.gif

Outing: Breeks @ Ngee Ann City, Level 5
Date: 16 Novemeber, Wednesday
Time: 2pm

Adel
Clarisse Mum
Sneaky
Fiona

*anymore mummies coming?
(pls add on for Mummies who can join us)

SSl, Kuririn,

Thanks for listening...

initially, my baby was latching on. but she sleep during the feed or rejects/ pulls my nipple when she is hungry. i dun know how much she is drinking. with the balanced pump out, i also dun know how much she actually takes.

my baby is feeding abt 3 oz now. sometimes, my milk supply is lower than that after 2 hours. really stressful. she is taking ebm every 2 hours or when she cries abt 1.5 hrs. really stress man... how to keep up? At night, she takes fm. i wake up to pump ebm twice.

does your baby sleep at night? sometimes, grace can be really awake and cries for no reason.

now, i understand how difficult motherhood can be. 2 weeks later, my mum will return to work and i will be full time with grace. feeling really nervous.

i hope we can give each other support to tide over these periods...

sweetie: u are not alone. i am now all alone lookng after my girl i find it super siong n tiring esp during the nite. since its my first time, i keep waking up worrying for the feeding time. whole morning fussing over her and hardly have time to come in and sneaking time to read while she is sleeping.
sad.gif
i am not nervous, but just tiring.
sad.gif

Mummies gng to Outing: i wont be able to log in tomolo as i will be at PIL's plc the whole day till nite, which means i cant access to internet. we will have to keep in touch via SMS. 93669005. Adel or Sneaky let me know the meeting time and plc. Fiona: u can sms me so we can keep in touch
happy.gif

Yes, CM is right, we're all going through the same thing together. My baby wails and cries and doesn't want to latch on sometimes too. Or she latches on for 10-15mins and falls asleep. I have to breastfeed every hour. No chance to pump. Breastfeeding is indeed very siong, but for all of us who are trying, hang in there. Just do what you can, the rest, top up with FM. Remember not to get your stress level up as we still need energy to take care of our precious ones.

Hi sweetie and kuririn, i'm also facing the same problem as you all. Also very stress and feel like giving up bf. the ss is really low.

my boy now feeding at 3.5oz fm per feed. I usually give him bm and then fm. He is like forever hungry...

and he sleeps like very little. Morning after he wake up, he usually will slddp like 1hr then will awake till like 1-2pm in the afternoon then sleep like 2 hrs then awake again... aiyo, why he doesn'e sleep much?

Does your babies "kek" every now and then? As in keep using force to stretch like that? is that normal? Most of the time he will "kek" till his face all red.... any advise?

syl, you intend to start the massage? I'm in my 3rd week and also had c-section. Was thinking should i start the massage now? If the confinement lady leave, i will have no time for the massage as need to take care of baby. But am wondering if it is safe to do the massage now. I duno has the wound heal or not leh....

Sweetie:
u not alone.. my CL also leaving in 2 weeks time.. then I will have to take care of my girl alone.. now learning watever I can from my CL.. being KS so have to start learning liao..

these few days my girl very naughty.. every feed only drink halfway then fall asleep.. then almost every hr have to feed her.. so siong.. this is especially so in the afternoon.. sigh.. lucky nite time still ok.. but she still wake up at nite for her feed.. 12am then 4am..

SSL:
I can only breastfeed her when she is not very hungry.. like just now saw her looking for milk.. so quickly carry her into bedroom breastfeed her.. lucky she still willing to latch on.. but have to fight with her a bit lah.. when she is very hungry, u can forget abt latching her on.. cos she will scream one..

dear all, do you all encounter this:

my gal will only sleep if i carry her and once i put her to bed, she will wake up and cry non-stop. Dun think it is colicky cos her tummy not bloated. and i put ru yi you abt 2-3 times a day. furthermore, sometimes, when her tummy slightly bloated, i will feed her dentinox to rid the wind.
really dunno wat to do. she behaves like tat during the nite and caused my hubby & i to lose sleep...
really tired~

fresia: i had c-section and i had my massage 10 days after my operation. I told the massage lady to avoid massaging the tummy area so it is not a problem at all to do the massage

335018.jpg

<font face="Calisto mt"><font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">Babies Growth Chart</font></font></font>

<font size="-1"><font face="Courier New"> <font color="000000">as @ 15 Nov 05
Mummies <font color="ffffff">.........</font> <font color="ffffff">.</font>Pop On<font color="ffffff">..</font> BB's name <font color="ffffff">..</font> Birth<font color="ffffff">...</font> 1 mth<font color="ffffff">...</font>
Fun ............. 11-Sep-05 Alden <font color="ffffff">......</font> <font color="0000ff">3.06/49</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.45/57</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Jenifur ......... 18-Sep-05 Janelle <font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">2.81/46</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">3.90/51</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
ice ............. 19-Sep-05 Angeline <font color="ffffff">...</font>
Gracemum ........ 20-Sep-05 Sabrina <font color="ffffff">....</font>
QiQi ............ 22-Sep-05 Boy <font color="ffffff">........</font>
Chris ........... 23-Sep-05 Shaun <font color="ffffff">......</font> <font color="0000ff">2.50/47</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">3.70/53</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Mayday .......... 23-Sep-05 Tennyson <font color="ffffff">...</font> <font color="0000ff">2.83/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.03/55</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Winnie .......... 23-Sep-05 Girl <font color="ffffff">.......</font>
Pammie .......... 24-Sep-05 Tammi <font color="ffffff">......</font> <font color="0000ff">3.20/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">3.84/51</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
MrsTan .......... 25-Sep-05 Kenshin <font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">2.49/48</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.06/52</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Fiona ........... 28-Sep-05 Genevieve <font color="ffffff">..</font> <font color="0000ff">3.21/49</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.38/53</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
inc ............. 29-Sep-05 Boy <font color="ffffff">........</font>
Mybabydream ..... 29-Sep-05 Jx <font color="ffffff">.........</font> <font color="0000ff">2.70</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
SSL ............. 29-Sep-05 Brennan <font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.15/51</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.42/54</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Sneaky .......... 30-Sep-05 Samuel <font color="ffffff">.....</font> <font color="0000ff">2.80/48</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Fushiastar ...... 04-Oct-05 Zoe <font color="ffffff">........</font> <font color="0000ff">2.38</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Mdl ............. 04-Oct-05 Tricia <font color="ffffff">.....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.25/49</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Snow ............ 04-Oct-05 Yong Shan <font color="ffffff">..</font> <font color="0000ff">2.92/46</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.20/55</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
whitefloral ..... 05-Oct-05 Charlize <font color="ffffff">...</font> <font color="0000ff">3.50/52</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.96/58</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Viola ........... 07-Oct-05 Girl <font color="ffffff">.......</font> <font color="0000ff">3.30/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.70/56</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Celine .......... 12-Oct-05 Joshua <font color="ffffff">.....</font> <font color="0000ff">2.90/48</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Ling ............ 12-Oct-05 Clarisse <font color="ffffff">...</font> <font color="0000ff">2.77/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.00/52</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Amari ........... 13-Oct-05 Darren <font color="ffffff">.....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.76/51</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
breakbeats ...... 13-Oct-05 Ethan <font color="ffffff">......</font> <font color="0000ff">3.55/51</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Garfield ........ 14-Oct-05 Girl <font color="ffffff">.......</font> <font color="0000ff">2.47/45</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Puea ............ 15-Oct-05 Boy <font color="ffffff">........</font> <font color="0000ff">3.12/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Adel ............ 19-Oct-05 Brent <font color="ffffff">......</font> <font color="0000ff">2.40</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Kris ............ 21-Oct-05 Ember <font color="ffffff">......</font> <font color="0000ff">3.35/49</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Nuttnuts ........ 21-Oct-05 Ying En <font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.68/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Tao_baby ........ 24-Oct-05 Girl <font color="ffffff">.......</font> <font color="0000ff">3.03/51</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Fresia .......... 25-Oct-05 Amos <font color="ffffff">.......</font> <font color="0000ff">3.46/49</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Sweetie ......... 25-Oct-05 Grace <font color="ffffff">......</font> <font color="0000ff">3.21/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Morraine ........ 28-Oct-05 Ashley <font color="ffffff">.....</font> <font color="0000ff">2.55/49</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Kuririn ......... 31-Oct-05 Sherisse <font color="ffffff">...</font> <font color="0000ff">3.20/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Dolly ........... 01-Nov-05 Christine <font color="ffffff">..</font> <font color="0000ff">3.61/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
</font></font></font>
<font face="Calisto mt"> If you would like to Baby's weight &amp; length, please PM me! </font>

fresia, i'm only into my second week, so don't think it's advisable to have my massage yet cuz I don't think my wound is fully healed. You can ask the masseur to avoid the tummy area &amp; if u have sensitive skin, avoid the wrap too. Otherwise I think it should be quite safe. My CL says to very safe (ie wrap), we should wait till after the 8th week.
San, I'm in the exact same boat as you...if baby cries, no chance to latch on, so have to catch her b4 she starts to wail. She also falls asleep halfway thru e feed. Sigh... I think it's prob becuz baby's only 2 wks old, so very tiring for them to suck at e nipple. I hope it gets better too as time passes.

garfield

Brennan also like that. So we got the sarong cot and it work wonders. If he is crouchy, put him in there and rock till he sleep. sometimes it works la. esp day time. night time he only sleeps a while in it. but at least it helps alot.

night time, hubby and i take turns to carry him. sometimes, if he cranky i latch him on. if he settles down, i put him on sofa to sleep.

fresia

Brennan also kek until red red. so not to worry. just make sure he doesnt kek too much after feed cos my CL told me sometimes it can cause regurgitation.

garfield, oh so you did it in your 2nd week. I still can feel some sensation when i lightly touch my tummy area. Was worried about the massage. Maybe i wait till after 1mth then do.

My boy also cry when put him down on the cot. No choice, usually i carry him till he is sound alseep is he keep on crying.

SSL: so is this "kek" normal for babies? Its like, they are so young and they know how to "kek".... so funny. Yes, there are a few occassion he vomited after feed due to him kek too much lor.

hi mummies going for outing,

eh i thot i read the earlier postings and Pammie suggested having the outing, wasnt it? then how come her name not included on the list ah? as for me, if Kenshin's not that cranky, then I might attend..cos he's been very naughty, always wailing loudly, very hard to handle.

hi all, today went for checkup at PD's clinic. he was given 2 jabs; hep B &amp; pneumococcal disease. he's running slight fever now and hope he'll be fine after being given paracetemol...wah...the jabs alone cost us $303 liao...total bill $400 plus...so ex man....

jenifur: Samuel's update as of today (6 weeks) - 4.85kg &amp; 54cm

hihi,

you all got gathering ar!
happy.gif
but check with you all isn't it troulesome to bring our bb out now as they are still small n unpredictable. I just brought my son to see paedr. today aiyoh really tiring coz he will be sleeping sometimes then suddenly cry (think he was hungry) then got to feed him and plus my breast engorgement really terrible experience.
sad.gif

mummies with maid,

do u let bb sleep with maid at nite so she can handle nite feeds? my hubby want our new maid to handle nite feeds but i really prefer to handle myself and he objected as he said its really very tiring for me got to feed our son and pump milk..

jenifur,

my son at one mth - 4.31kg and 53.5cm thankyou.

mummies

have u all put your BB in those baby carrier (haversack pattern) wonder when will we be able to bring BB out using those carrier instead of sling or pram.

Tao_baby:
u let ur baby sleep on tummy when how many weeks old?? last nite at 4am after her feed, my girl keep fussing around.. so my CL let her sleep on her tummy and she sleeps thru till morning when my CL woke up and turn her back.. seems like she sleeps better this way...

Kuririn,
I let her sleep that way since 2weeks plus. Like urs, she is able to lift and turn her head to another side, so we are not so worry. She tends to sleep longer and better. But i will constantly check on her.

Mummies, just to chk wif ur, 1mth confinement is considered 28days (ie 4 weeks) or based on DOB (ie if borned on 24/10, confinement ends on 23/11)?

SSL

for using carrier, 4-5 mths old prefer.. when their neck is firm enough. but if carrier have neck support.. can use earlier lor

tao_baby

for malaysian CL, they usually use 28days as guide. not so sure for singapore ones though

fun

have u started letting Alden use baby carrier? me intend to let Brennan use when we go out rather than using a pram lor.

garfield: wahaha.. u are so lucky tt ur bb only becomes like tt recently.. mine was like tt since week 2! and i really learnt thru the hard way.. i struggled for about one and a half week.. before finding a solution! grgr... tried all sorts of way but jus didn't help!

ok.. here's the method.. u carry bb when he is cranky after feed.. in a way whereby his stomach is on ur stomach! er? u know how? experiment with it.. then carry till he is asleep for almost 15mins.. then put him down.. sleeping on the front position instead of the usual back.. position! but do remember to check on bb.. in this way, it helps soothe.. the stomach pain and they tend to sleep better this way. hope this helps! it works for me.. he hates the 'yao lan'... tried to put him inside after sleeping.. his eyes opened wide wide for 2-3 hours continuously!

Tao_baby: my confinement is based on the DOB.tat is my gal born on 14th oct so my confinement ended on 14th nov.but till now, i still follow abit of the confinement rules like: cannot drink cold drinks, bathe with hot water at 12pm, wash my hair once every 2 days &amp; blow dry it.

adelyee: i dare not let her sleep on the tummy leh...scared later if she can't turn her head then suffocate!!! i can't bear the thought of it.....so no choice, i still let her sleep on her back and carry and soothe her if she cries lor.

By the way, i am using the medala single electric pump, do any 1 of you know where to get medala pump accessories? i lost the white rubber flap tat is used to cover the milk outlet. need to replenish it before i lost the last flap.

thanks in advance

SSL

U should still need a pram.. he will still wana sleep laying down de..., i havent started using carrier.. have to let him firm his neck first ma.

hi all, there's a change in time for the outing...it's been changed to 3pm instead...hope there's no objections...

details as follow: -

Date: 16 Novemeber, Wednesday
Time: 3pm

Adel
Clarisse Mum
Sneaky
Fiona

Kuririn, i went to collect the milk powders yesterday. The powders is the same as wat i bought from NTUC. The payment is in cash. U can ask them to deliver, each tin is $27.40, self-collect from AMK is $27. I went down to collect becos i wanna to check the label on the tin and for dents. The whole carton is ok n expires in 2007.

<font face="Calisto mt"><font color="0000ff">SSL</font>,

Jus read back past postings then realised u asked bout shave hair. Dun think e "Taimaobi" shop offered service to jus shave hair cuz hv heard them mention tt they r kind of shorthanded.

I spent a total of $210 on doing e taimaobi. $130 on e brush, $10 to engrave parents' name &amp; $80 on a box. I went to their outlet @ Chinatown.

U cld try this kid's saloon @ United Square or Paragon if u want. I initially wanted to bring Janelle there b4 deciding to do e Taimaobi. They r specialize in cutting hair for kids</font>

any recommendation for playpen?

intend to buy one and put at mum's place incase i go there to stay with baby.

<font face="Calisto mt">Mummies who bf their BB lying down,

Do u still burp them after feed or jus leave them to sleep?</font>

jenifur: i think u still need to burp the bb.

i once read that if bf bb (latch on), dun need to burp but i realised my bb got lots of wind in her tummy. so now everytime after i bf, i will burp her but if she doesn't burp, then will not continue lor..scared burp her too long she will vomit milk instead

Garfield, the membranes are also available at First Few Years at KKH. Mums and Babes also sell them (both at Plaza Sing and United Sq)

Hello mummies.. I have an opened pack of Pampers Babydry Size S to sell at a discount. My bb can't wear size S liao.. I bought it at Cold Storage on 11 Nov for $12.50 (46pcs) and used 4 pcs. Am willing to let go of the remaining pack of 42pcs at $8. Self Collect at Holland V.. anyone interested?

Hi, may I know at what week will the baby have a growth spurt and feed constantly? It's xx siong man having to breastfeed all the time..

mummies

Is it a must to have 6-8 wet nappies per day? Is it 24hrs? Brennan has lesser wet nappies now compared to in the past. So far, his weight gain is ok. So can i say that its ok that the wet nappies amount has reduced?

Hi Oct Mummies,

My sis in-law is looking for a confinement nanny for next May. Any of u have good recommendations since most of u have just completed your confinement?

Many thanks in advance!
happy.gif

Hi Sneaky,
I dun think I can join you all at the outing alreadi. I have some personal thing to attend to at 3.30p.m, it's rather 'silly' for me to travel all the way down to mit u all for just half an hour rite?hehe.
I guess we shall mit another time lor.

Syl,
Growth spurt is 3rd,6th, 9th week, 3rd, 6th and 9th month.

SSL,
I did the taimaobi at the chinatown point as well. The brush cost $188. I din do the box. Be mentally prepared when u visit the shop, their service is damn slow...probably the man from china all work at the pace. I was there at 2+...left the shop oni at 4p.m and I was the oni customer there!!Gosh!!

fiona: noted...next time then!

Date: 16 November, Wednesday
Time: 3pm

Adel
Clarisse Mum
Sneaky
Jenifur (tentative)

hi mummies

thawed the ebm i froze in those hospital glass bottle with plastic cap and noticed it tasted of strong metal taste. So yucky that I threw out the milk. Asked hubby to try thawing one from Gerber milk bag, he said there's a slight metal taste but not as bad as the glass bottle one.

Is it normal or i didnt freeze properly?

Date: 16 November, Wednesday
Time: <font color="ff0000">3pm</font>

Adel
Clarisse Mum
Sneaky
Jenifur (tentative)
<font color="ff0000">Pammie- u joining?</font>

i almost gng to put white flag liaoz.. surrender to my Clarisse... this morning she just refused to sleep at her cot, and sleep on my bed, she was like happily snoring with her daddy, and kaoz, hubby so big size, and girl's take my bed, i think i am gng to sleep on the flr soon manz. whahahaha

Back