(2005/08) Aug/Sept 05' MTBs

Gd morning ladies,

Just want to check if any mummies have given birth through c-section with epidural? Care to share your experience?

I was counting on delivering naturally, but as my EDD is 17th Sep, and todate, baby is still in breeched position, gynae has asked me to mentally prepare myself for c-section.
sad.gif
Currently, I am still hoping that baby will turn, as well as mentally preparing myself for c-section. But I am undecided between opting for GA or epidural. So hope that mummies that have gone through c-section with epidural would be kind enough to share their experience. Many thanks.
 


hi wendy, i tried the lying down position but baby doesn't like.. somehow it's difficult to position both of us properly.. so now he still get squirted with milk at the beginning of each feed.. still trying to find out the reason for his fussing, maybe will ask doc this wed... oh, we made appt with Dr Lin already. Chose him bcos his timing is more flexible as compared to another PD recommended by our original PD.

did ur baby get fever after his Hep B injection? thinking of bringing baby to office the following day...

cakey, u feel the flow during/after bf bcos bf stimulates the hormones that contracts the womb... that's why they say bf can help womb contract faster... it's only within 1st month..
happy.gif
 
tulip,
i see...ya i know abt controlling the dosage of epi so we can feel a bit and enough to push. i just wonder if there are mothers there who already have piles and still go for natural birth? my gynae never say anythg, he knows abt my piles but never reccomend me to choose C-sect so i guess he is not really for it as well.
 
Hi tulip, me also wondering how much ang bao money to give my cl leh! btw, do you have msn or yahoo so we can chat? *wink*

Hi mrstan, how are you so far?!! Still in contact with the rest? Wonder how they are!
 
hi miso,
nice to see u! how have u been? me ok lor...cant wait to deliver in a way cos getting so tired liao. not really in contact with rest, perhaps only with Jenifur cos she is also in Oct thread.
 
oh she is? maybe I will pop over to say Hi to her then! How u getting along now? Due soon hor.. excited not?

am doing my confinement now, 2 more weeks to go!.. bb's fine too.
 
miso,
i dun really enjoy confinement cos weather too hot and my mum does not allow me to bathe as frequently as I would want. Wound pain v little liao but piles still painful though getting manageable.

Mayday,
for massage, just need a mattress and 2 towels will do.

Mrs Tan,
I had piles for many years (protracted ones somemore) and I still decided to go natural birth. The piles pain is tough (esp for new piles which emerges during the pushing) but I think c-section has a lot of other considerations as well. First of all, wound takes longer to heal but most importantly to me is the likelihood that I would need to opt for c-sect for future births.
 
ixwong,
thanks for replying. yes precisely my worry that new piles will emerge with the pushing, the current one i have is already enough to kill..so painful man. so that means for u, u already had external piles before u delivered? how was the experience? wat do u mean by likelihood to opt for C-sect for future births?
 
Hi ixwong, today's weather is super hot! I can understand if you not getting as much showers as u want. For me, I bathe daily but try to wash hair on alternate days. Lucky I got a cl and she's never restrict me on tt issue, if my mil do for me, I think will be like you.

I am counting down to my gal's full mth, can't wait! and waiting for Lib to tell us what food she ordered from Neo Garden cos she told me that the food are all great and delicious!
 
Hi Applejuz...

yeah... the hosp gown ribbon's are almost impossible to tie on own. One time my hubby tied for me but somehow one side came loose while we were chatting with friends... so paiseh.
hey your bill lower than mine... wonder if it was due to the diff in gynae fee. not bad ah, only supplement with FM twice a day. If I do that, my baby would be wailing the whole day. He's a big eater!

Re : Confinement
I'm enjoying confinement in the sense that I have help from CL in terms of taking care of baby and cooking meals for me. But the night express sessions are getting to me. Been feeling very tired during the day cos after the night express, I have problems falling back to sleep. Wonder what would it be like when CL leaves.
 
Congrats, Erowen!!

Mrstan,
yes, I already had external piles before I even conceived...the result of bad constipation in the past. I had epidural during delivery but can feel myself pushing out the piles (no pain though). End up, my piles are quite bad (about 5 of them like a flower...) but I sort of expected it. My old piles are not painful but there are 2 new ones that are. I had been applied medicated ointment on them to try to lessen the swell and can feel myself getting better everyday. I understand from my gynae that although Vaginal Birth after C-Section (VBAC) is possible, many gynae would encourage 2nd-time mother to go for c-section again if their 1st one had been a c-sect due to higher risk of uterus rupturing....you may want to read up a bit more on this.

miso,
U so lucky, can bathe everyday. I'm so sweaty postpartum, perspiring non-stop, so keeping my cool by wiping v frequently. luckily at night can sleep in aircon else sure die....Also counting down to my son's full month. Likely to get neo garden too cos of the many favourable feedback. Heard they offered 20% discount for NB full-month celebration, but dunno if the offer still on. My boi's full month happens to be fall on a sunday, so timing wise quite good.
 
ixwong,
i see..wah u brave girl, must have been a traumatic experience for u to have had so many piles come out. i can totally underst. the pain. did ur gynae suggest u do C since u already have piles? or gynae still recc natural despite the piles? in a way, i do want to go natural altho i have piles, just to experience how labour is like. i do intend to have a 2nd child so i know that if i choose C for 1st child, most likely 2nd one will have to be C also.
 
ixwong,
ur boy is really cute! when u look at him, am sure all the pain is worth it. I cant wait to see my boy too.
 
Hi Miso

i no MSn or yahoo messenger leh. wld u say $80 is a good figure?

today my energy level quite high. walked my daughter to her childcare then come back. then cldnt really sleep cos not tired.
 
Hi Mrs Tan

for me, i din know that i got piles until i delivered my first one. i think the iron pills causing constipation also added to the piles formation. so when i had my 2nd one, i cut down iron pills although my gynae was not very happy with that cos my iron level was low

i havent started any massage yet but i cld wear my hipster pants liao.. still wondering want to spend the $ or save it for yoga classess next time
 
mrstan,
my gynae didn't suggest anything cos he knew I wanted a natural delivery where possible. The only time he suggested c-section is when he found my cervix really closed which may result in a failed inducement....actually my pile pain is not that bad lah, didn't feel much 1st wk postpartum, only last 2 days quite jia lak..was snapping on my family...:p
 
Hi ixwong, your boy and my gal looks quite alike leh! haahahaa.. we fixed our gal's full mth on a sunday too.. on 11/09. HOw about u?

Hi tulip, u still can go out during ur confinement ah? so good! U hv a maid to help u out with the hsework right? I think $80 should be fine. For me, my cl does everything for me, from hsework to cooking dinner and washing laundry etc etc... dunno how much i should give her as ang bao.
 
ixwong,
ur threshold for pain must be quite high ah? oh yes got another thing to ask u, after birth, how did u cope with going to pee and poo? cannot strain some more rite? must be dam pain rite? got episiotomy stitches at vagine, anus pain, heavy menses and then some more gotta breastfeed. wah lau...the whole bottom area must be so so sore.
 
Hi Mayday,
Yap, doc fees (Gynae+ Epi anaestist) is included in my total bill.
happy.gif
But I only stay 2 nights, labour hrs was Sat 6am-6.45pm, remain in labour ward to clean-up & monitor for 1+ hrs, push to my room ard 8pm alreadt. discharge on Mon 12pm.
hmm.. I'm not sure the tot bill for c-sect, but I'll encourage u take single bedded.
happy.gif


Hi Morraine,
Already minus the deposit.
In fact our deposit was ~$1.8K(cos sgl bedded), upon discharge, hospital return us ~$500. That's why total bill was ~$1.3K loh..
happy.gif

Hi miso,
I've also engaged Neo Garden many times for my company's event & for relatives too.
I find their Curry Chicken, Pork ribs, Fried bee hoon & choc eclair very nice... :p Jus my opinion...
happy.gif


Congrats Erowen! Welcome to the real life of new mummies :p

Hi Emmie,
hee hee.. my hubby also tied wrongly many times & my butt was always exposes...later I swop to tie from front for easier BF. :p

Hi ixwong,
wah.. so fast.. our boys 1 week liao.
May I know how much milk is he drinking? My boi seems to want more after finishing his 90ml of FM...
 
congrats erowen .... so your little one finally popped to see you .... envy envy ...

sweetpea ... yap now the check up is weekly liao ... my next appt is 2 sept (fri) cos he will be at glenneagles on sat ... me dun wan to go down to see him at glenneagles ... lazy ...
 
Hi ixwong,
I decided not to try fenugreek. CL says i got too much milk, she doesn't even want to cook the fish papaya soup for me, scared later engorgement even worse. I express every 3-4 hours, if not will get engorged. It happens every morning, cause the last time i express is about 12-1am, then wake up at 6-7am that time, breasts hurting like crazy everyday. these few days can express more. Last week was about 70-80ml per express, nowadays, its about 130ml per express. so CL say don't take anything to boost supply anymore. BM will come naturally.

Hi Cakey,
Me using the medela mini electric. I think maybe you never place the funnel properly on your breast. Does it pull your nipple forward? Must position properly. For me, certain positions no milk one, or just a few pathetic drops. sometimes must change position few times before getting optimum 'spray' hehe Me going to buy the AMeda lactaline. The Medela mini electric i'm using now, like not fast enough, and its so loud, i have a faint ringing in my ears at night..buay tahan..

Hi erowen,
congrats!
 
miso,
we will celebrate my boi's full month on 18/9 -exactly 1 mth from his birth on 18/8. We're lucky the day is a Sunday....

mrstan,
my pain threshold ok lah. u need not worry so much, just ask your gynae to keep you supplied with painkiller & stool softener. The medicine my gynae gave was quite effective so my 1st week postpartum was ok. The piles pain came only after the episotomy pain is over....I'm also quite lucky cos except for the 1 day when my milk came in got engorgement, rest of time my breasts and nipples are ok. Must thank my masseur for clearing my milk ducts.....

Applejuz,
my boi is drinking 90 - 120 ml per 3-4 hr. Quite a big eater, according to PD. Why don't u try giving your boy 120 ml? I usually make more milk but never force it on my boi. He'll let me know he got enough by pushing out the teats....
 
mummytobe,
u really got a lot of milk leh! my milk supply remains at 40-60 ml per express, but my boi needs 100ml. So still supplementing....My breasts used to hurt too but ever since my masseur cleared my milk ducts for me, no more pain, only felt fullness & heavy. I'm now trying to pump while latching my bb to stimulate more milk...
 
cakey,
I remembered my mum cooked me this "shen hua tang" soup which supposedly help clear the blood clots within the uterus. But the best effect to shrink the uterus is the post-natal massage.

You need to watch your bb jaundice carefully cos mine was 7.8 at discharge (Sat) but shot up to 15.3 on Monday. End up got to admit to Mt A for phototheraphy. When I told Dr Ang abt this, he then told me for jaundince, it wld be cheaper to send bb to polyclinic which would then referred bb to KKH..."scolded" him for not telling us earlier. Luckily bb ok.
 
Hi mummytobe,
So envy u.... u gave birth 1 day before me & u r expressing 130ml each session!
I started seeing 30ml today (per session).. & already happy like dunno wat... ytd i still gota combine 2 sessions output to form 30ml. sigh...guess i need to drink pails of fish papaya soup
sad.gif

I also find the Madela Mini electric very loud... esp when pumping at night...cannot pump in room, scared wake bb up... so i pump in kitchen.. scared neighbours complain.. hee hee...

Hi ixwong,
hmm.. guess i better increase Keyon's milk... dun wan to lose his chubby cheeks.. hee hee...
biggrin.gif

hey, i also intend to celebrate full mth on 17th & 18th Sep. (Too bad actual day, 20th is a Tueday)

Btw mummies,
do u all have problem burping ur babies?
if they dun burp.. does that mean they dun have enough?
 
ixwong,
ok..i feel much better now after hearing ur experience. thanks for explaining to me.
happy.gif
I guess i will have to rely on lots of painkillers after birth too. hope i can get by this.
 
Hi miso

as i have a maid, my CL only cooks and looks after the bb. sometimes she complains that she has to change menu so that my indonesian maid can eat the food. so i just smile. she never wash leh.. my maid washes all the nappies etc. i think i need give 2 angbaos..one for CL, one for maid! ha

aiyah.. no choice mah. the first 10days i already travelling in and out of hospital cos bb under observation for 10days. also, sometimes just sneak out with hubby to ntuc. not as 'stupid' as last time, only sit and rot at home.

i even just DIY my facial.. now skin smooth smooth. very happy.
 
Hi Mummies/Mummies-to-be,

Noticed that Angel belongs to this thread. Just to inform all of you that she's in the labour ward now. Pending deliveries. Let us show all of our support to her. He he.... though only 3cm dilated.....
 
Hi Seabreeze,

Oh...mine's on the 1st...cos Sat hubby working. U stay in Bishan? How are u feeling now? Dunno why but seem to be getting the acidic taste in my throat again..just like the first trimester.... Sianz..
 
sweetpea ...

me oso ler ... me been vomiting since morning ... puke out my breakfast and some gastric juice ... just like the first tri like that ...

took some cookie and cream chocolate cos my mouth very bland ... then puke out oso .... Sianzzzz ....

Yap me stay in Bishan .... just 10mins walk to Dr Cheng's clinic only ...
 
Tulip, pei fu u ah.. hehe.. i only went out twice, first is to the PD's clinic and the other is to my gynae's clinic. That's all. Wah, ur cl v. hao ming than my cl! haha.. ya, i also agree tt u should give ur maid an ang bao for heng heng as well and to show her tt u appreciate her help! How much u paying for ur cl's charges?

Hi applejus, yea.. I also heard of their curry chicken and choc eclair so at least these 2 items must order!!!!
 
Hi Seabreeze,

Thought was over all the gastric-y days already. Had no time for breakfast so was so hungry by lunchtime. Hope u feel better soon...

I tried taking some honey lemon green tea and that sort of helped cos it is sweet/sour.

Me too...perhaps slightly less than 10 mins..

Have u already decided which pediatrician to use? So many clinics in Bishan but i also dunno which is good.

Take care now
happy.gif
 
Hi miso

tmr i going gynae and pd clinic.. so will be out the whole of afternoon.. surprisingly i am still not tired. cld even read 4 or 5 chapters of a novel. my cl is charging $1.8k but am paying her pro-rated as first 10 days i did not 'activate' her. her cooking is okay, but quite bland. she said confinement shld never use salt.. so i dahan. the only thing i pamper myself is the prune juice cos i dun think we can take any cold drinks right? i am dying for my soya bean drink. i think my CL is quite old liao.. almost 60.my maid said she nearly dropped ds during night feed. but i dunno who to believe lah.. cos both just as new. and i notice my maid always sleep like a log.. maybe she dreaming time dream of that.. dunno?! ha

my maid is really not bad. the other day she went to wipe all the display cabinet. i laughed..i told her.. i only wipe the display cabinet a few days before CNY annually.

ask u, does ur cl force the bb to drink water after milk? my CL does that, a few times i saw my ds like going to choke liao.. she still insisted until once my eyeball really rolled and rolled then she stopped for a while.
 
sweetpea ...

me dunno which PD to go to oso ... think Dr Cheng will recommend someone right? see what he says lor ...

me took coconut juice just now cos it is quite soothing oso ... aiya i just tell myself to tahan for a while more lor .... really looking forward to the day that i can share my birth story here heehee
 
Hello...

I guess so. Must remember to ask him the next time I go.

Oh...we can take coconut juice? My hubby says cannot cos too cooling so have not been taking at all..Me too...on the one hand scared but yet on the hand all want it to happen quick. But still got 3 weeks of work before I start my leave. Hope it goes by fast

Are u starting your leave early?
 
tulip, I am paying my cl $1.9k. For first born, she will charge at $1.8k, but cos mine is 2nd born and sometimes she has to help out with looking after my ds (cos i no maid) during weekends, she charges another $100. I am ok with tt la.. she really does a lot of chores in my hse. Hey, I heard from my friend about the nanny being too old and too sleepy to feed bb during those nite feeds too. haha.. so give them the benefit of doubts. Ya, my cl will give water when my bb is hiccuping.. not after every milk feed though.

If I were u, I wouldn't tell my maid tt I hardly clean the cabinets! haha..

U taking cold prune juice? ya.. we cannot take cold drinks now. So hv been taking coffee, milo and red dates tea..
 
hi seabreeze,

u still vomiting? got any signs tt bb coming soon?
me visit gynae today, bb not engage, still gonna wait another week... bb not at 3.3kg. i went for a detail scan today n can see e features of his face, n e radiographer say his hair about 3cm long..heee.. so cute. realli cant wait to see him soon.
 
Hi ladies, i finally done wif my confinement & had my bb shower over last weekend! We hve used Neo Garden as our caterer & many of our guests even praises their food is superb.

I hve ordered from the deluxe menu, and even entitled to a 20% disc for bb shower.
 


hi ixwong, since u're breastfeeding, how come u know ur boi's drinking qty har? u supplement? i'm quite tired with Zephan's growth spurt these days.. usually he'll only feed on 1 side n be satisfied liao.. now feeds both sides... feeding time is longer, but frequency remains the same! so tiring...

hi lib, congrats on finishing the confinement! i look forward to eating anything i want n wear clothes that's more sane for the hot weather! The 1 month should end on 3 Sep (sat), but my grandma said that according to lunar calander, baby's full month is this thurs, so does that mean i end my confinement on thurs as well? haha... anyway, will take the chance to stock up the fridge with goodies after our visit to the PD on wed...hehe...

btw, dunno if u gals have this experience.. during my confinement month, both sets of parents have been so zealous in helping out that they're sort of invading our lives, bringing all sorts of things n giving advices. This is the first time me n hb encounter in-law conflicts since marriage... my fridge is now full of weird stuff, and storeroom n kitchen filled with funny pots n pans... after confinement will do a major clean up!
 

Back
Top