(2005/08) Aug/Sept 05' MTBs


Hi all,

I'm finally back online! Thnks for all the well wishes. My boy, Clarence is apparently 2.56 kg and not 2.77 kg as first told. Hahaha ... Cat_tail, pls update that for me. Thanks!!! Anyway, I am still glad. Was expected him to be very, very small. I guess the 2 weeks bed rest at home did help after all
happy.gif


Anyway, just to share a few things. I have been feeling very depressed since discharging frm hospital
sad.gif
Both mother and mother-in-law super gan cheong. Every day come early, leave late. I have lost all freedom. Worst, they both have different ideas on how to bring up the child. SIGH! Feeling damn frustrated. Cry and cry every day. It didn't help much that I'm still feeling so much pain frm the stitching. The cramp in the first 3 days were also terrible. As I am allegy to pain killers, the doc could not give me anything to relief me frm the pain
sad.gif
And just as I thought the worst is over, I start to experience breast engorement. Wow ... the 2 breasts felt like they are on fire! No kid! It was so painful, I couldn't lift up my hands or got up from the bed on my own.

Anyway, just got a call frm the doc to ask me to send Clarence back to the hospital for jaundice treatment. SIGH!!! 2 days without seeing him how to tahan! I thought of sunning him myself but the doc said his jaundice level is 16.8 pt or 285 (whatever that meants) so no amt of sun tan will help
sad.gif
Seriously, jaundice really that serious meh? The doc said if the level hit 300 then there is a risk of loss in hearing etc.

Will probaby admit him later in the evening then can drop by to visit Vone ...
 
hi triniti, bb is engaged for quite sometime now. For my last checkup gynae did not do the weight check but mentioned that bb will weigh between 3-3.2kg at point of delivery. He suspects that i'll pop early because the waterbag has gotten slightly smaller and bb has little space to move already
 
hi hi christina, musicgal and triniti,
my bb gal gal engaged liao, cervix also soften but no sign of dilation at all leh.

okie, i will walk and walk and walk....this sunday is my mum's birthday, i wonder she's waiting to share the same birthday as my mum...

i was thinking if abt inducing, will suggest to my gynae later and see what he says, my gynae keep asking me to wait, wait and wait.
 
anissa ...

dun sad dun sad ... we are here to support you ...

guess both your mum and MIL just want the best for their grandson ... just do whatever you deem fit ar ....

listen to the dr lor ... think they do not wan to endanger your precious one too ....

just feel free to pop in if you not feeling too good k ...
 
Christina
As for me, my doc said that there is still space in my water bag for the baby to move around!!
No wonder he is not engaged.

Erowen
I think I might be one of those mummies who engaged a day before the delivery or engaged on the same day of the delivery! If walking helps, I don't mind spending more time shopping before the baby is born
happy.gif
 
anissa, glad to hear from u again! You're a mama now and you did well for your delivery, congrats!!

dun let the elders bother u k. whats most impt right now is just u and the bb. is it possible to gently tell your MIl that you would like to take 5 and be alone for a week or two during ur confinement? mabbe hb can help tell her? i've warned mine to keep my kookoo MIL off my back for at least a week...
 
Anissa,
You gotta find out from your doc the underlying cause of the jaundice cos jaundice can be serious if untreated so it is best if your child be send for treatment asap. Don't get worried cause I believe the doctor know what he/she is doing
happy.gif
 
Congrats vone!!! Always see her annoucing the arrival & finally it's her turn! She sure has the heaviest bb among all of us. Well done~
happy.gif


<font size="-1">
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>MTBs</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>PoP On</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Wt (kg) </TD></TR><TR><TD>maltbibi</TD><TD>6th Aug</TD><TD>11th July</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>2.26 </TD></TR><TR><TD>timie</TD><TD>1st Aug</TD><TD>23th July</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Timothy</font></TD><TD>3.155 </TD></TR><TR><TD>wendyg</TD><TD>9th Aug</TD><TD>23th July</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Isaac Yong</font></TD><TD>3.5 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lib</TD><TD>7th Aug</TD><TD>29th July</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Kylie Tan</font></TD><TD>2.475 </TD></TR><TR><TD>cmy</TD><TD>1st Aug</TD><TD>2nd Aug</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ethan</font></TD><TD>3.66 </TD></TR><TR><TD>carol (taurbear)</TD><TD>25th Aug</TD><TD>2nd Aug</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Tobias</font></TD><TD>2.755 </TD></TR><TR><TD>chemistry</TD><TD>9th Aug</TD><TD>3rd Aug</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Juliette</font></TD><TD>2.8 </TD></TR><TR><TD>tingting</TD><TD>9th Aug</TD><TD>3rd Aug</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Zephan</font></TD><TD>3.2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emmie</TD><TD>6th Aug</TD><TD>7th Aug</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ryan</font></TD><TD>3.62 </TD></TR><TR><TD>pinkroses</TD><TD>8th Aug</TD><TD>8th Aug</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Clarise</font></TD><TD>2.746 </TD></TR><TR><TD>everafter03</TD><TD>12th Aug</TD><TD>13th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Gerald</font></TD><TD>3 </TD></TR><TR><TD>miso</TD><TD>16th Aug</TD><TD>13th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>3.11 </TD></TR><TR><TD>tulip
new.gif
</TD><TD>19th Aug</TD><TD>14th Aug
new.gif
</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Luke</font></TD><TD>3.8 </TD></TR><TR><TD>cat_tail</TD><TD>30th Aug</TD><TD>15th Aug</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Edna</font></TD><TD>3.09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>reenie</TD><TD>29th Aug</TD><TD>16th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Denise Tay</font></TD><TD>2.54 </TD></TR><TR><TD>musicgal</TD><TD>20th Aug</TD><TD>17th Aug</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jeremy</font></TD><TD>3.03 </TD></TR><TR><TD>ixwong</TD><TD>20th Aug</TD><TD>18th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Hao Wen</font></TD><TD>3.44 </TD></TR><TR><TD>mummytobe
new.gif
</TD><TD>19th Aug</TD><TD>19th Aug
new.gif
</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>3.57 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Applejuz
new.gif
</TD><TD>18th Aug</TD><TD>20th Aug
new.gif
</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Keyon</font></TD><TD>3.79 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Anissa
new.gif
</TD><TD>3rd Sept</TD><TD>22th Aug
new.gif
</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Clarence</font></TD><TD>2.77 </TD></TR><TR><TD>vone
new.gif
</TD><TD>28th Aug</TD><TD>25th Aug
new.gif
</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3.9 </TD></TR><TR><TD>hoshi5</TD><TD>23rd Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD>GEH/MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cakey</TD><TD>23rd Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC/MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>erowen</TD><TD>25th Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>wishes</TD><TD>28th Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Serene_Ng</TD><TD>29th Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>angel</TD><TD>4th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>RH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snoopy73</TD><TD>4th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>RH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>triniti</TD><TD>6th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>aidanee</TD><TD>11th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>christina</TD><TD>11th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ilmare</TD><TD>11th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>skippy10</TD><TD>11th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cookies</TD><TD>12th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Samantha</TD><TD>12th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ameliaa</TD><TD>13th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>seabreeze</TD><TD>13th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>snoopy</TD><TD>17th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>pinkcitron</TD><TD>18th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>MAH/MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyful</TD><TD>22th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sweetpea</TD><TD>22th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>coffeedrinker</TD><TD>23th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>nicnic</TD><TD>26th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>eileenp</TD><TD>29th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table></font>
 
Hi musicgal,
Thanks but I really dun have any secret, except doing exercise, keep myself relax &amp; breaking confinement laws like bathing. I feel so refreshed &amp; alert, ready to attend to my bb anytime.
happy.gif


How come u have backache? Izzit the bfs posture or others? Try to do some pelvic tilt exercise for your back &amp; dun forget your pelvic floor exercise to prevent the womb from dropping.

Re: BF
For me, I can only pump up to 50 ml, then sometimes give her formulae cos a bit lazy. :p If u have already started, try to bf for at least 6 weeks then wean off. I know its tiring, but jia you &amp; stay on with it.
 
Hi Seabreeze,
U going to see Dr Cheng tomorrow? Me too...my appointment is at 10
happy.gif
Me feeling quite restless too and sleep-wise still Ok..just that have to get up very often to pee. So makes me quite tired in the day sometimes. Finally confirmed my confinement lady today so at least that is a relief. Seems like so many things to plan for huh?

Hi Viola: Dr Cheng is defintely pro-epidural cos I asked him before if he thinks I should take it and his answer was 'definitely'.
happy.gif
Not sure about induction either..and have not asked about birth plan. Will ask tomorrow when I see him.
 
eileenp
I was in Ave 7 for 17 years, just shifted to Punggol last March after i got married.

Samantha
without a doubt, I vote for AVENT ISIS!!! I tried Ameda (dual electric) but it's too slow for me.. plus I consider the motor is noisy esp in the middle of the nite when both baby &amp; hubby are asleep. I asked around &amp; it seems that Medela electric is even noisier!!

mummy2b
yes i'm take the Fenu pill. I dunno whether it increases my milk, i'm just taking it coz it's supposed to help. I took it since 1st wk confinement. My dad bought 2 bottles so can last me for months!!

erowen
if gynae nvr advise to induce, pls go for natural lah. Induce more pain, &amp; anyway it's a "man-made process". Let nature take its course, if your gynae says everything is ok. Hey, some people can pop 2 weeks after EDD!!! Baby not gonna be inside u much longer, cherish the time before she's out for good!
 
Hi Wendyg,
Thanks for the recommendation. Thinking of getting avent too... but pp were saying that manual one u pump until hands numb :p

Anissa,
Don't worry too much. just try to get your parents off your back and i think that should solve most of your problems. clarence is after all your boy, so you should have your own say as to how to look after. Too many cooks spoils the broth.
 
Anissa,
Do cheer up and don't let yourself sink into depression. Ask your hubby to talk to your MIL and you to your mum to get them to leave u alone for a while. Your boi jaundice is quite high (mine was 15.3) so must admit for phototherapy. Dun worry, your bb will be fine. When my boi was hospitalised, my hb and me took the opportunity to rest and re-energised. If u can, do so too.

Mayday,
I think I contacted Mdm Rohaya 2 mths before i delivered.

Angel,
I spoke to Mdm Rohaya on your time slot but she is fully booked....

Wendyg/Samantha,
I'm using the medela PIS traveller. The motor is quite silent. My hb who is light sleeper can sleep thru it, so does bb. but the price is ex...
 
Hi Anissa,
Cheer up ok? Don't be upset. I think maybe it might be easier for you to talk to your mum about it than your MIL?

For breast engorgement, must massage your breasts, no matter how painful. Must ren ok? Must clear the lumps, if not will get worse. Just use the palm of your hands and press down and rub/push, like kneading bread all over your breasts in a circular motion. Use the other hand to support the opposite side you are massaging.

Eg. if you massaging your right breast, Use your left palm to support the left side of the right breast, while using your right palm to massage the right side of the right breast. Ie. use your right palm to push your breast into your left palm and knead/massage in a circular motion. Do it on the top side, bottom side, left and right. Its very painful definitely, i was yelping in pain when the lactation consultant massaged for me. But its effective.

Use hot towel/compress first, then massage, then
pump out the milk. When engorged, no milk flow, manual pump not much use. Better to use electric pump. Drinking hot drinks like milo or red date tea also helps, as your body needs fluids to produce milk.

Hi Wendyg,
Does your gynae know you are taking fenugreek? what did he/she say? i want to try leh, but not sure if it really works, and if its safe with no side effects. Can buy from GNC right?
 
hi ladies,
I'm back home yesterday after delivering my gg on 23rd via c-sect at TMC. She weighs 3.075kg and we're still looking out for a her name
happy.gif
I

Finally gave up and choose c-sect instead of induction cos was feeling rather weak and tire (due to flu the day before when needing to make the decision). Really very tire and don't want to stress myself over so much unknown and fear so opt for the more preditable method lor...

Breastfeeding:
For supplementing with FM, do you mummies use bottle feed or cup feed? I've been using cup feed since birth till today 5th day.. and now my MIL and CL are urging me to switch to bottle feed instead of cup! But i scare there'll be nipple confusion and bb reject my breast.. any mum using bottle feed and bb still ok with direct bf?
Also how long u'll let bb suckle each time for each breast? I oni let her feed on each avg 10mins cos now getting sore nipple.. Now I using nipple shield, less painful but still sore after each feed... really a lot of things to try out and learn leh... looking forward to share with mummies here again
happy.gif
 
Congrats, Cakey!

Re BF
I also started out using cup feed for FM supplement. Later on, found it to be v tiring and decided to switch to bottles. I'm using NUK teat. At night, I latch him on directly first before I supplement with formula using bottle. Thankfully, he's ok with both so far....As for latch-on, I usually let my boi suckle for average 20 mins. But this dawn, I let him suckle for an hr using side-lying position cos I want to continue my sleep...:p

mummytobe,
I'm getting Fenugreek to try. You can check out this website http://www.medela.com/NewFiles/fenugreek.html for more info.
 
Hi Hi ladies,

Finally got time to log in... Baby Keyon finally sleeps! :p

Re: BF
My BF output also very low...tried expressing, 1 breast only 10ml! Then give up, i think latch on, baby can drink more..
But he wakes up every 1-2 hrs for feed.. I'm also usinf Similac to supplement. once in the day &amp; once at night.
BB drinking 60-90mil... but my ML reccommend to dilute the FM in case bb reject BM.

Re:Massage
I\ve started my 1st massage yesterday with Mdm Fauzial! (5th day after delivery)
Very shiok..esp when she did my back...she also stimulate my breast.. &amp; hey, after tt i can see my ss increase... :p.. at least when feed 1 side, the other side will leak.. hee hee..
And the wrap.. wow, today i remove, my tummy really shrink! .. looking forward to my next few sessions...
happy.gif

Hmm.. no complain, cheap &amp; good. $390/7 seesion.
Anyone interested, i can give her contact.. :p

Congrats Anissa! Cheer up, my stitch also hurts until today (1 wk liao). esp when its really close to my anus. make it worst when i pass motion. Does ur hosp give u antiseptic wask to clean? its really effective &amp; cooling!

Congrats Vone! Wow, ur boy beats mine in weight! hee..hee.... we'll build our arm muscles soon! :p

Congrats Cakey! I use Avent bottle to feed the the sup FM to baby .. so far ok..he still loves my breast
happy.gif

My bb suckle more in the day, 15mins per breast, but at night, he'll fall asleep after 1 side (10mins)..

okie... gota go now.. my mum urging me to lunch before it gets cold...
 
Ok mummies,
THe list is updated.
happy.gif


<font size="-1">
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>MTBs</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>PoP On</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Wt (kg) </TD></TR><TR><TD>maltbibi</TD><TD>6th Aug</TD><TD>11th July</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>2.26 </TD></TR><TR><TD>timie</TD><TD>1st Aug</TD><TD>23th July</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Timothy</font></TD><TD>3.155 </TD></TR><TR><TD>wendyg</TD><TD>9th Aug</TD><TD>23th July</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Isaac Yong</font></TD><TD>3.5 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lib</TD><TD>7th Aug</TD><TD>29th July</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Kylie Tan</font></TD><TD>2.475 </TD></TR><TR><TD>cmy</TD><TD>1st Aug</TD><TD>2nd Aug</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ethan</font></TD><TD>3.66 </TD></TR><TR><TD>carol (taurbear)</TD><TD>25th Aug</TD><TD>2nd Aug</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Tobias</font></TD><TD>2.755 </TD></TR><TR><TD>chemistry</TD><TD>9th Aug</TD><TD>3rd Aug</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Juliette</font></TD><TD>2.8 </TD></TR><TR><TD>tingting</TD><TD>9th Aug</TD><TD>3rd Aug</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Zephan</font></TD><TD>3.2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emmie</TD><TD>6th Aug</TD><TD>7th Aug</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ryan</font></TD><TD>3.62 </TD></TR><TR><TD>pinkroses</TD><TD>8th Aug</TD><TD>8th Aug</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Clarise</font></TD><TD>2.746 </TD></TR><TR><TD>everafter03</TD><TD>12th Aug</TD><TD>13th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Gerald</font></TD><TD>3 </TD></TR><TR><TD>miso</TD><TD>16th Aug</TD><TD>13th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Vionna</font></TD><TD>3.11 </TD></TR><TR><TD>tulip</TD><TD>19th Aug</TD><TD>14th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Luke</font></TD><TD>3.8 </TD></TR><TR><TD>cat_tail</TD><TD>30th Aug</TD><TD>15th Aug</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Edna</font></TD><TD>3.09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>reenie</TD><TD>29th Aug</TD><TD>16th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Denise Tay</font></TD><TD>2.54 </TD></TR><TR><TD>musicgal</TD><TD>20th Aug</TD><TD>17th Aug</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jeremy</font></TD><TD>3.03 </TD></TR><TR><TD>ixwong</TD><TD>20th Aug</TD><TD>18th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Hao Wen</font></TD><TD>3.44 </TD></TR><TR><TD>mummytobe</TD><TD>19th Aug</TD><TD>19th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>3.57 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Applejuz</TD><TD>18th Aug</TD><TD>20th Aug</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Keyon</font></TD><TD>3.79 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Anissa
new.gif
</TD><TD>3rd Sept</TD><TD>22th Aug
new.gif
</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Clarence</font></TD><TD>2.56 </TD></TR><TR><TD>vone
new.gif
</TD><TD>28th Aug</TD><TD>25th Aug
new.gif
</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3.9 </TD></TR><TR><TD>hoshi5</TD><TD>23rd Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD>GEH/MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cakey</TD><TD>23rd Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC/MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>erowen</TD><TD>25th Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>wishes</TD><TD>28th Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Serene_Ng</TD><TD>29th Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>angel</TD><TD>4th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>RH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snoopy73</TD><TD>4th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>RH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>triniti</TD><TD>6th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>aidanee</TD><TD>11th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>christina</TD><TD>11th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ilmare</TD><TD>11th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>skippy10</TD><TD>11th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cookies</TD><TD>12th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Samantha</TD><TD>12th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ameliaa</TD><TD>13th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>seabreeze</TD><TD>13th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>snoopy</TD><TD>17th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>pinkcitron</TD><TD>18th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>MAH/MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyful</TD><TD>22th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sweetpea</TD><TD>22th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>coffeedrinker</TD><TD>23th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>nicnic</TD><TD>26th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>eileenp</TD><TD>29th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table></font>
 
Hi Anissa,
Glad tat bb comes out at a very reasonable weight.

I really could understand your frustration towards these old folks! It happens to me too &amp; they keep on inputting their advise until it piss me off &amp; shouted at them. At that time, my stitch pain &amp; breasts engorge. If you feel pai sek, let your hubby tell them not to come for the first week? Say u need to rest!

Jaundice can be very dangerous if it's too high cos it will damage the brain. There are mild ones that u can just sun tan, but 285 is already exceeded the safe range. If I can recall, if jaundice level is more than 260, must admit to hospital for further monitoring. Dun worry, if treated earlier, your bb will get well soon.
 
sweetpea ...

how was your check today? my baby is now 2.8kg @ 37+ week ... no sign of him coming out earlier though i told dr cheng that i do feel frequent tightening of my tummy ... but he just laugh and tell me .... 'think your bb will come out on 13 sept lor ... '

aiya me so disppointed ... but sharon n margaret very cute lar ... say that they hope to see me in the labour ward for my next appt .... they oso know that i am very impatient lor ....
 
Hi Sweetpea,

thanks for reply. I thot so too cos' he's quite pro-medicine kind of person...gave me a big bag of medicine during my 1st trimester!
 
Hi Cakey,
The midwives at TMC also cup fed my baby girl when we were there, and they told me to cup or spoon feed her at home to prevent nipple confusion. Even Mrs Wong also told me not to give her the bottle. And if really no choice, use NUK teats. However, when i came back, CL and MIL also said give her bottle instead of cup or spoon. Said i would have lots of problems next time if i insist on using cup or spoon as it takes a much longer time to feed her and more difficult for me, especially if i tired at night. They so insistent, i also got no choice. So i BF her about twice a day, rest of the time i pump out and the CL bottle feed her lor. My girl girl doesn't like NUK teats, so just feed her from normal teats lor. So far she still latches on my breast, but dunno long term how. must observe first. But i think if baby is really hungry, any method will do for her
happy.gif


At least your baby still accept nipple shield. My baby girl refused to suckle when i use nipple shield. So those few days when i had sore nipple, i just express out the milk to feed her lor..nipple just too sore. But now, after resting nipple a few days, much much better liao. But must pump regularly to prevent engorgement.

Hi Ixwong,
I also use the side lying method hehe. I got no strength to carry her for so long. The first few days in the hospital, i carry baby to BF until my arms started hurting and trembling after that..me weak lah heh paiseh the side lying position is so much more comfy hehe

Hi Applejuz,
Actually, the midwives at TMC also told me the same thing. they say similac is very sweet, so babies like to drink and will tend to reject breast milk after a while. So they recommended Enfalac instead. But i find enfalac tends to cause gas leh..baby keeps farting
happy.gif
so now i try to express as much as i can to last her through the night (for CL to feed her) and try to limit her formula intake to once or at most twice a day. I scared later she don't want my BM...

Btw mummies,
Does your perineal area hurt during the malay massage? i haven't started mine yet leh..malay masseuse said better to wait until stitches are out first before starting, cause she scared later i very pain.
 
Hi ladies, just checking sth with those who have delivered. May I know how long your lochia last? Mine lasted for more than a week and few days ago, it seems to end and ytd, seems like my mense has started. Cos this one dun look like lochia leh.. How abt u gals?

Tks cat_tail for the update!
 
hi mummies m mtbs...
me doing survey again.. hv u bought insurance for yr newborns?? eg.education, endowment, medical,etc.
can advise which is more essential n where u get it from, etc.
me looking at some savings plan for my bb n i heard good to hv medical plans too.
 
Is every mum here having the malay massage after your delivery? Initially, not planning to get one. But after hearing all your reviews, like quite tempting leh... Hehehe...
 
Congrats Applejuz! Such a big baby!
happy.gif

how was your Gleneagles stay? Did you take the single-bed in the end?

Hi Ixwong
My supply is just as pathetic as yours and my baby is already 3 weeks old. Take heart... maybe yours is just slow in coming in. For me, I have already come to terms that I'm just one of those not blessed with ample milk supply. Would just do what i can. My hubby kept telling me to stop breastfeeding cos he felt it's too tiring for me. Despite the pathetic supply, i still wake up once at 3plus in the morning to pump out.

Hi other mummies
Just want to check... can you mix fresh breastmilk with expressed breastmilk (stored in the fridge)? In the morning, my CL would warm up the breastmilk stored in the fridge (I expressed at 3plus in the morning), then mix in the letdown I get from latching baby on in the morning. Wonder if that's ok.

Hi Lib
how was the food from neogarden? Did you ask for free red eggs from them? My CL tells me I shd do that.
 
mummy2b
my gynae doesn't concern herself with my breastfeeding issues.
Hubby &amp; I tried spoon-feeding my babe during 1st week. Took 30min just to feed. We were really tired out esp midnite feeds. Then we introduced bottle &amp; baby was fed &amp; burped in less than 10min. Wah, everyone could sleep longer.

ixwong
the website says 2-3 capsules 3 times daily... the GNC bottle says 1-2 capsules daily. I'm only taking 1 per day. Maybe i'll increase the dosage coz i need more milk to feed my hungry baby! But then again, i suspect my supply limited coz i'm quite stressed up.

So far haven't tried Medela PIS - no one to borrow from... &amp; too ex to buy! Avent ISIS is 10 times cheaper. Initially i also thought hand will ache from pumping, but i tried &amp; it wasn't so... I appreciated that i could pump as fast as i want, vs the slow electric pumps - so slow even after i max'd the controls liaoz.

Emmie
according to my friend (mother of 2), she said it's ok to mix same day breastmilk. When thawing, just shake to ensure the whole bottle is well-mixed b4 feeding your babe.

miso
mine still hv occasional stain, pantyliner can liao. I delivered 23/7
 
Hi mummytobe,
Hmm... my baby also farts alot with Similac leh..:p Always tot he pass motion hee hee...
But i find Similac got lots of foam...Anyway, i also limit to once at night &amp; once in day for FM.

Assume Perineal area is the vaginal area? During my Massgae, it doesn't hurt.
Only the pressure on abdoman &amp; breast needs to be tolerated... but, when our abdoman is wrapped, &amp; I started walk around, i think can feel some pressure below too... but wouldn't consider is as pain.
happy.gif


Hi miso,
Today's my 8th day, still have 'menses-like' flow, but much reduced from the 1st day. can change fr night-used pads - normal pads now.
happy.gif


Hi Emmie,
Haven't heard from u for a while.
GEH stay was great. In fact, kind of missed the days..
happy.gif
I decided single bedded eventually.
No regrets! Really more privacy, esp to the washrooms.. cos lots of blood flow for me. Also glad my hubby is with me, as he could help me get up from bed, carry bb to me for BF, help me with the hosp gown.. u kno the the ribbon hard to tie leh..:p
The total bill is ~$3K+..(for sgl rm+epi+vacuum+hubby lodging+Citibank card)... after deduct medisave, we only need to pay ~$1.3K..
happy.gif


Btw, for mixing of Fresh EBM to Chilled EBM, my friend told me the temp is diff... better to chill the Fresh EBM first before mixing. For me every EBM was pathetic.. the most only 30ml, need to mix w the next 'Express session' but find it troublesome.. so now mainly latched-on..
sad.gif
 
hi miso, mine is now v light flow (delivered on 3 Aug). Remembered first 2 weeks was still quite heavy, using night pads. After that can use day ones already.

Re mixing EBM - can we mix EBM that were expressed on different days (say 1-2 days apart)? Currently mine are all in the freezing compartment. Thinking of thawing the 2 packs at the same time and combine into 1 bottle when feeding, rather than feed using 2 bottles.
 
Seems like BF is really very tough... Salute all you mummies who are persistant. Hope i'll be able to persist as well.
Jia You!!!
 
oic.. I told my cl tt now I seems to have the mense flow and she says some are lidat. Will have the mense after the lochia is finished.

During massage, the perineal area wont hurt cos the massage lady wont massage that area ma..
 
My lochia seems to be more or less finished (delivered on 18/8). Think the massage and confinement food helps my uterus contract v fast. According to masseur, the gap in my abdominal area is now 1.5 finger gap and I'm on my way to the 1 finger gap target. Found the binding to be good...my tummy now shrank back to almost pre-natal after 5 sessions (but still flabby lah).

Angel,
you may want to give mdm rohaya a call again. She was mentioning 2 of her clients had postponed their massage so she has some slots...
 
miso
i read somewhere that menses typically will resume 3 months later, for breastfeeding mothers.

ting2
hai, dat's what my hubby does. He breaks all the rules.. he even refreezes EBM. Dunno any effect on baby??
 
wendy, just be careful abt bacteria in refreezing milk. i won't refreeze, i'd rather pour away than risk a baby with stomache (they already cry enough when healthy!). Actually i've poured away a lot of milk already, cos everytime thaw and then baby rejects the bottle. haiz...

btw, remember to smell the milk to check whether it's rancid before giving baby...

for mummies who have heavy breast leaking problems, recommend the breast pads from Gerber. Their heavy duty one is superb! It's a life saver for me. Though i can no longer collect the leaking milk, it's made breastfeeding for me easier cos no need to manage the leaking breast at the same time.

wendy, u r using breast shell to collect milk right? i always find that the milk leaks out from the sides leh, so it always stains my nursing bra... happens to u?
 
ting2
i use medela... i not as much milk as u, wun spill unless i bend, several times i forgot i was still wearing the shell &amp; i bent over to put baby down &amp; there goes my effort to collect. Actually nowadays i dun use liao.

I also hv the Gerber nursing pads... dunno whether they're the normal ones or heavy duty ones?? I dun really like them coz they're not contured. I just rcv'd Medela's contoured nursing pads today, will try them out soon.

For the past wk, i got lazy &amp; was just stuffing tissue into my blouse. Coz to keep the shell/ nursing pad in place, i gotto wear bra/ camisole etc. I've never liked to wear bra at home, &amp; weather too hot for another cami inside my PJ top. So sometimes when i'm walking arnd the house, tissue will drop from under my blouse. haha. Needless to mention, there's a tissue box within reach at every corner of the house.

I read somewhere that if your flow is super duper, u may want to try lying on your back to breastfeed. So that your baby wun choke.
 
Hi Applejuz,

Is doctor fees including in yr total bill? I'm in dilemma now as to take single bedded as very much wanted hubby to stay with me and privacy too. How many days were your stay? I will be staying longer dued to C-section.
 
Hi ixwong,

I have enagaged Mdm Rohaya to massage for me and will like to know she massage you with towel on or without? Anything else we need to prepare beside a mattress and towel?
 
Hi mummytobe, ixwong, applejuz
I started bottle today using the sample nuk teat given by TMC (and fit it with the glass bottle also taken from TMC). BB drank very fast with that! She's still fine with my breast after that
happy.gif


Pumping:
Anyone using the Medela mini elect pump? I massaged the breast and tried pumping but only pathetic 10ml on one side and 0 on the other... I put it to middle strength and not using max, already can feel some stretching uncomfort. The small white drop on the nipple simple stays there..

ixwong:
Your discharge clearing so soon? What kind of confinement food helps the uterus contract? My bb also have jaundice and gave me a scare when Dr told me maybe have to stay extra day the morning when i'm discharging.. Lucky after the test result it's 11.3 so can go home. Now sunning her every morning and got to bear with seeing her crying, struggling hard under the sun.

discharge:
miso, how does lochia discharge looks like? is it usually with solid clot? I think the dr and nurses had massaged out most of the clots for me and so far I've only seen one small one. Mine now also looks like normal mense watery and bright red. The funny thing is that the discharge will come usually after BF... anyone experiencing this? Wonder will it ever stop if I cont. to bf if this is the case...
 
Hi Seabreeze,
My check-up went ok. Bb is also 2.8kg but i have put on weight again!On the one hand, i am scared of the delivery but yet on the other hand, i am anxious to see bb too...Now check-ups are weekly. Urs too rite?

when u starting ur maternity leave? Wish i could start soon...so sian of work :p
 
hi all mummies who have given birth naturally,

I am from the Oct thread and am now coming 35wks. I have a concern regarding delivery, I just went to have my piles removed at my 29wks but now its back again cos i am so easily constipated. Is it advisable for me to opt for C-sect cos I know that for natural birth, chances of episiotomy &amp; getting piles are very high. I am already in a lot of pain &amp; discomfort now and am so worried that my condition will worsen with all the pushing during birth. How does it feel like after natural birth? Is it really bad?
 
Hi all

want to check those who are engaging CL, how much angbao is the 'standard'?

Hi Mrs tan
when i had my first one, my piles were horrible, i cried almost everyday after delivery cos the piles hurts and my gynae said have to slowly wait for piles to become small. for the first one, i had 13 hours delivery and really push and push hard. when i had my 2nd one, i only pushed twice, the piles also came out. it is not as painful as the first one. dr gave me medication to apply to the piles area and a liquid to soften the stool. meanwhile i took a lot of prunes and prunes juice as well. i can say after 2 weeks, i dun feel any pain already. hope this helps.
 
hi tulip,
thanks for replying. well at least u recovered after 2 wks. did u take epidural for both deliveries? cos i was thinking, i am confirmed having epi so at least during pushing i wont be feeling the pain since i will numb waist down. Correct rite? do u think its a silly reason to opt for C-sect just for this piles reason?
 
Morning Ladies ~ Im oso from Oct MTB so sorry to interrupt here
happy.gif


AppleJuz ~ was wondering when u mention u had to top $1.3K cash upon discharge hor.. is it already minus the $1.2K deposit which u paid when u got admitted? *paiseh*
 


hi mrs an

i took epidural for both. first one was induced and i had vacuum as well. second one, natural with epidural. what i analyse is that, despite with epidural (when u do not feel pain during delivery), u willl still need to push. it is the pushing part that causes the piles to protract out. also not forgeting, sometimes they will lower the dosage of the epidural so that u can push.. else the lower body numb, how to push?

did u check with ur gynae? my gynae is simply against c-sect but supports epidural.
 

Back
Top