(2005/08) Aug/Sept 05' MTBs

New comers, welcome welcome!!

Hi Chemistry,
Wow, the maternity clothes u bot are so cheap and trendy. Is the location difficult to find anot? Do u happen to see any sizes tat r small-built?

Hi Miso/Wendy,
I went to the vegetarian coffeeshop last sun..wow, got so mani good food..dun know wat to order..all i wan to try..hehehe
I'll b gg there often liao
happy.gif

hi everyone

I am now 7 weeks and been quite pleased with myself for maintaining my weight at 50kg for the past 6 weeks since I've been feeling nauseous and no appetite for past 2 weeks.. however to my horror, I gained 0.3kg each day from Friday onwards despite eating very littleb (in my opinion)

Friday
Breakfast - 2 prata + 1 cup of watermelon/papaya juice
Lunch - 2 slices of paper + 1 slice of watermelon
Dinner - 1 whole black pepper crab

Found I gained 0.3kg on Sat morning after poo poo. Recently went to buy Osim isense weighing machine. It calculates weight, my fat content as well as water content so I guess it must be accurate.

Saturday
Breakfast - skipped
Lunch - half plate of char kway teow, 1/2 cup of sugar cane juice
Dinner - nibble a little, maybe 1 pcs of fish, 2 pcs of meat & 1 small bowl of soup as feeling nauseous

Sunday morning weigh after poopoo and gained another 0.3kg

Sunday
Breakfast - skipped
Lunch - 1 bowl of minced pork noodles (portion very small as ate in JB Sentosa),
Afternoon snack - 2 bites of rotiboy, the rest gave to hubby
Dinner - fish soup with 'mian sian'

This morning, weigh myself after poopoo, again gained 0.3kg... aiyo. in 3 days, I gained almost 1 kg. My hubby say that I will become pui pui if this carry on.

Am I eating too much?

Hi erowen,

I tried to find some bb doll clothes too but really hard to find. So far only found some at Mphosis and a push cart outside Plaza Sing. U got any lobang?

To overcome your nausea, u may try taking very hot soupy food (no fried food ok?) or plain crackers. It helps for me!

Hi maltbibi,

Before pregnant, I wear S or M depending on cutting. Those clothes at woodland centre are free size and ok for me. But if u are not tall (<1.6m), then they may look a bit too long. Actually, if u are very small built, think u can just wear normal clothes which are larger in size.

Hi Girls,
Please let me know your latest week for updating.

Those not in the list and would like to be in the list, please let me have your details so that I can add them into our chart.

Thanks!

Here's the latest
<table border=1><tr><td>@ 17 Jan 05</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mommies-To-Be</TD><TD>Mommie's Age</TD><TD>Place of Stay</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Name of Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>angel</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>Bishan</TD><TD>28/29-Aug-05</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>Dr Koh Ghim Hwee</TD><TD>RH </TD></TR><TR><TD>miso</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>20-Aug-05</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>Dr S H Kee</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Libtuarius</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>7-Aug-05</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>Dr A L Lim</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>ixwong</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD>20-Aug-05</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>tba </TD></TR><TR><TD>vone</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>Bedok Reservoir</TD><TD>30-Aug-05</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>Dr Chan Siew Tung</TD><TD>tba </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chemistry</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>tba</TD><TD>9-Aug-05</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>wendyg</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>9-Aug-05</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Soong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>tingting</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>9-Aug-05</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>Dr C Y Chen</TD><TD>tba </TD></TR><TR><TD>maltbibi</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD>6-Aug-05</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>Dr C T Yeong</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emmie</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>6-Aug-05</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>erowen</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD>20-Aug-05</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC/MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>cakey</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD>24-Aug-05</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>hoshi5</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>Bukit Batok</TD><TD>29-Aug-05</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>tba </TD></TR><TR><TD>bbmom</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>Hougang &amp; Sengkang</TD><TD>23-Aug-05</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>Dr Poon</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>nicole</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>Ang Mo Kio</TD><TD>5-Aug-05</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Michelle Chow</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>Johor Bahru</TD><TD>10-Aug-05</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>Dr Tan Jui Seng</TD><TD>tba </TD></TR><TR><TD> </td></tr></table>

Thanks, Chemistry!
I intended to buy those larger sizes clothes..But dunno whether I can still wear it till full-term anot. I'm oso looking for babydoll clothes..But not much lobang.

Hi angel,
do update me at 8 weeks. hospital shld be at Mt A.
thanks so much!

angel, pls do not skip ur breakfast, coz it's the most impt meal of the day as most of the nutrients are absorbed after a night's rest. Do take some milk even though u may not be hungry.

hi erowen,
yah, my gynae measured the head, but can't remember how long. but gynae says that head will be quite big for now.... hehe.. coz it's the first part of the baby's development!..
happy.gif

hello, paiseh. think you guys missed me out
happy.gif

i'm 5 wks preggy. stay in wooldnas edd sept 16. age 27. glen e dr fong chuan wei
kindly add me in?

by thw way, (touch wood) i dun have nausea feeling and my appetite normal still. anything wrong with me?? say in one of the threads that hormone level low, thats y like that. could pregnancy be a false alarm?!?!!
willbe seeing doc on jan 28. to check heartbeat. super gan cheong

Hi chemistry, tks for your advise. I'll try to nibble some plain crackers...but i can't really stomach soupy stuff...sigh..

I haven't really actively looking for clothes, so far only bought a pant from Perfect Mum at Kovan. If i manage to see any good bb doll clothes, i will let you know ya.

angel, you only weight 50kg, so envious, before preggie i weight 53kg but i'm very short, 1.56only. Now i think i'm 55 or 56kg.

angieooi, no choice, cos my clothes are normally those tight-fitting or small tees, now must slowly look around... I've been wearing the same few skirts and loose tops to work...very sian.

Hi newbies, welcome here!

wah..this thread moving so fast, hard to catch up..hehe..

Hi maltbibi, glad u like tt place..i miss their kopi!! Only their kopi I can drink leh..the rest, I will puke. haiz..so been having tea with milk instead of kopi nowadays.

Hi wendy, kopitiam where ah?? anything nice to eat?

Hi erowen, got one time I puked until my gastric pain...then night time, on and off pain just like gastric attack. So hb make me drink warm water..and I felt much btr after tt.

Hi angieooi,
it's perfectly normal not to have those nausea feelings. symptoms differ from women to women.
I also do not have those nausea feeling except at night, occasionally when I'm super-tired after my work and class. appetite also normal, but get hungry more easily...

U will know when u start 'outgrowing' ur clothes... hehe.... my working pants is getting tighter and tighter coz they are tailor-made, and can't 'tolerate' any change in size... thus, need to buy lor... but i haven't start wearing them coz people can tell straight away.. so now i wear more skirts.... those flare types... hehe..

hi angie

Don't worry... it may be too early to feel nauseous yet or you may be one of the lucky ones who doesn't feel nauseous. :eek:)

When I was 5 weeks, I wondered too but finally nausea hit me for 6+ weeks but luckily it's quite mild too.

Hi miso, at least you did puked it out. I can't...don't know why, it's just merely the act of 'er' which causes my tongue to stick out and i have to sit down cos my tummy will pain like mad.

Now when I wear skirt can see an ugly tummy leh.. its looks like i'm overweight and been sitting too long
sad.gif
(not like preggie yet) But pants getting tight leh... so actually i hope my stomach can be more obvious then can officially wear the mat clothes liao hehe... now is either here nor there...

Hi Maltbibi,

Think those stretchable should be ok. Now a lot of young preggy women like to wear normal clothes and tight fitting wan somemore. I am going to look for some stretchable tank tops and pants during the post CNY sales.

Hi angieooi,

Actually my tummy also not showing yet. In fact, so far weight still below my pre-preggy weight. But I just buy some to standby first. Moreover, it's a good time to buy some now cos they got some new designs in for CNY. After CNY, may not have any nice designs left over.

hi gals,

good day! will be going for my checkup this sat...quite exciting to find out the development after 5 weeks! hope to be able to see more of bb this time round... my weight still remains the same, maybe increase by 1kg as compared to before pregnancy... can still fit most clothes, but can see a bit of tummy... dunno whether it's bcos of bb or lack of exercise...hehe....

angie, guess we will be one of the lucky ones with little/no MS.. i'm also sometimes wondering whether it's a missed misscarriage, cos can't feel the difference at all... but some signs will still be there one lor.. like swollen breasts, tiredness... i seek affirmation in them...haha! enjoy your pregnancy!

wendy, i tried the fishball noodle store but it's just normal... heard that the roti prata curry also not v good... think the snacks sold by the drinks stall are quite popular.. also the beehoon stall that i haven't tried yet...

hi gals,
mind if i join the gang too?...
happy.gif

I'm in my 6th week and EDD in Sept.

Can't catch up with all the archive threads... there are really too many.
So hope none would mind if i ask repeated qns again?!

cheers

Hi erowen, maybe throwing up is btr than? I always feel btr after throwing up. Else I will feel v. giddy, sian, tired etc etc..

Hi hanny, of cos u r welcome here.

hi hanny
242145.gif

Hv u been for your 1st check up??? Your first pregnancy?? Muz b excited to be a mummy juz like me
happy.gif

hello hanny, welcome.
wow seems like the group os growing!!
happy.gif

tingting, ok. thanks for the info. i have painful nipples. worried that might be missed m/c. touch wood
happy.gif
but now feel much better. i get hungry too. chest feel abit tight. thats abt it.

think i shall look for some baby doll dresses to stand by too. my clothes also rather tight one.

HAPPY SHOPPING TO EVERYONE!!!
happy.gif

hi cafe and hanny

would you like to give me your name, age, place of stay, edd, week no, name of gynae and hospital for me to compile?
Thanks

thanks for the warm welcome.

it's good to find a thread whereby i can learn and share.
yup, i'm a 1st-time mum... i am both surprise and excited.
happy.gif

are most of you here August or Sept mum?

angel, tks &amp; my details as follows:
name: cafe
place of stay: bt batok
edd: 1 Sep 05
week no: dunno yet (will update u after 28 Jan)
name of gynae: Dr A L Lim
hospital: TMC

hi angie, i haven started taking anmum yet..will do so when I reach 2nd tri. As for cod liver oil..i not too sure..maybe can chk with the rest of the ladies here?

hi ladies, seems like i have missed out many things since last fri.. so hows everyone's weekend??

I have a very tiring sat, and rest the whole of sun.. today too tired to work, so asked for urgent sick leave but was out for the whole day.. uz came home.. hehe..

if u don't like to drink vanilla flavour may opt for choco ones.. heard from my friends that if u r not a very milk person, u may want to opt for choco..

hi cafe,
u r also staying in Bt batok?.. same here!.. i stay near Keming Pri.. how abt u?

Hi gals,
my gynae told me tat watever we take now, is not being absorbed by the bb yet coz we have not developed our placenta. so, there's no point taking any tonics now... I think we can only start taking these supplements when we are in our 2nd tri, where our bb can absorb them....

cafe, i stay at 290....
btw, where is 205?....

next time perhaps we can meet up or intro where got nice places to eat... kekek...

miso
New Punggol Kopitiam is at Blk 639, near Ting2 &amp; meeeee...

chemistry
thanks for your review on Mama-Chic.. i think tmr going with preggie fren to chk it out.
Wah, the way u say the Woodlands shop, i also want to chk it out, but then hor... i'm not familiar with that area...
I'm askin all my 4 "just gave birth" frens to lend me their maternity clothes.. wah heng, everyone can pass me somethg, hopefully amongst the variety I can pick smthg comfy to wear.

Hi mummies to be..

back fr leave.. had good rest. remember i told u all abt the shop in katong mall? i passed by yesterday and fount out they are due for opening on sat. they have opening sale, 2nd item at 20% disct. i saw a couple of nice working pants got stretch type and linen type. they carry both yun and new maternity clothing.. even got yoga top and the poloshirt is only $39. i think good to make a stop there over the weekend. they are beside basic beauty.

hi angel,
can't give you details yet.
In the midst of changing gynae, and maybe even hospital.
cos my gynae is posted overseas for next 6 months.. that's a good part of my pregnacy.

heard that anmum cause constipation for some preggie lady. not sure issit becos of 'heatiness' or becos of preggie hormones...etc.

Hi morning ladies,

Hi wendy, yea, I just heard about it from a friend ytd..hehe..will go try one of these days. btw, what is nice?

Hi hanny, dun think anmum will cause constipation la..some other factors cld contribute to constipation too like food we eat or iron tablets. So we must drink more water.

morning ladies!
welcome hanny.
happy.gif

miso, i find that puking out is better, i'm constantly feeling nausea and gassy.

btw do you gals let out gas a lot? sigh, after i woke up to pee last night, couldn't get back to sleep, and kept farting and it's very loud.
sad.gif
I don't know why...i just kept letting out gas during the 2 hrs in bed. So sian. My hubby has to endure my smelly gas throughout the night.
embarrassed.gif

i'm drinking annum also...but hmmm...i don't really like the taste..so i only drink like twice a week, mixed with milo.

I like annum.. maybe because i am basically a milk person. i put my quacker oats inside and drink together.. the fiber in the quacker oats prevent constipation lah.
there is another brand you all can try.. enfamama

hi ladies,

hehe ero, i do have fart esp during the nite time oso but not so often.. is it due to the food that we eat?? like onions??

hey tulip is good that u are a milk person cos u will love the food.. unlike myself &amp; ero..

btw ladies, u may want to try the chocolate flavour.. i tried the enfamama, chocolate, though dun really like it but still bearable.. hehe..

annum is not too bad. but abit too milky and think. i add sweetened condense milk to make it taste nicer. the tin says put for spponfuls. but i only put 2. half cup of water only. ehehee i eat with butter cookies... yummy.

cafe!!!! my mum's place in bukit batok is blk 510!!! u know where?? lianhua pri there. i go back everyday cuz i teach tuition there!!! its very near you plc rite????

i might be changing gynae. coz heard horror stories abt my gynae. i was seeing him last time reagrding polyps in my womb. cleared liao. actually tot of going back to him. but after hearing the stories for hubby's colleague, maybe not loh. i was thinking of switching to mt alvernia. coz neared where i stay (wdlands) any rocommendations??

hi angieooi,
where's lianhua pri?.. is it the one beside ite bt batok?.... my place is near keming pri...
happy.gif

I'm most likely taking mt a too... coz my gynae told me it's more convenient and cheaper than gleneagles...

hi ladies,
juz bought the milo cereals and try.... not too bad. a good substitute if u dun like milk..

aiyo...me been drinking coke, coke light, aloe vera juice with honey and lime, tea every morning.. all these not v. healthy hor.. but bo bian leh..i feel so weak and after drinking coke..felt so much btr.

lianhua pri sch is opp regent hts condo.

i was lookinf thru the threads, seems like dr ho hon khok is rather good. you got any recommendation??

ya.. i milk person so i take 2 cheese cubes spread on bread plus annum for breakfast then teabreak, i take bananas and crackers.. try not take too much carbo now..

Miso, why u take so much unhealthy drink.. better watch your sugar intake leh.

if you all really cannot dahan the milk.. then take soya milk? buy the reduced sugar one.

gals,
got a qn.
how come our no. of weeks seem close together, yet our EDD are quite apart?

do we take a full 10 months' count for EDD?
And is the wk no. that is given by the gynae during the scan accurate?

Hi Angieooi,
I'm staying in Yishun and seeing a gynae at Sembawang Sun Plaza - Dr Lawrence Ang (TMC). He's extremely busy so must wait for a while, but heard from other forummers that he's quite good. I so far seen him twice and find him quite competent and experience (nice guy too), although the visit always seems a bit rush. BTW, his package ($550) is quite reasonable.

Ladies,
Seen the doctor yesterday. BB is now 9 weeks+ and 2.74 cm long.
happy.gif
Was told about a fetal assessment test (for down syndrome) which can be done between 11-14 weeks. Costs about $300. Although doctor was silent on whether recommend to do or not, I was thinking about it. Anyone done before?

Back