(2005/08) Aug/Sept 05' MTBs

Hi lib, how are you coping with your Kylie? Din see you log in liao.. missed chatting with you le..

Re: Gynae visit
I was scheduled to see my gynae 1 week after delivery to check on stitches and womb and to pay his bill. Thereafter, a mth later to chk on my womb cos gynae says my womb at that 1 week chk is big so hv to chk if it has shrunk to normal size. *duh* I tot the 1mth chk was to do a pap-smear but he says not so soon. Maybe each gynae has their own practice.

Hi wendy, I have a friend who is a mobile beautician. She's v. good! I will leave u her contacts if you are interested.
 


Miso, how's your post natel massage?
happy.gif
 
fushiastar, ok lor.. still hv a bulge. She says I must put on the girdle everyday to see the effects. But I so lazy and hot on some days I just din put on. hee...
 
hi cat tail, yah, maybe he's feeling hot.. but got such a thing as a quick bath meh? everytime i have to psycho myself before giving hima bath... maybe i'll try wiping instead.. thanks!

wendy.. hehe, good idea to go ur place! was toying with the idea actually...
happy.gif
i'm looking for a pampering session myself... dun suppose ur parents will be so nice to give us a 2 hr break then we go compass point or something?
happy.gif
 
cat_tail, snoopy & snoopy73 r 2 dif persons.
happy.gif


hui, can understd ur impatience.
happy.gif
but njoy it while it lasts. when bb is out, thr'll b a lot of changes in ur life liao.

wendyg, wah... $80 4 a pap smear. tat's exp. wonder how much will my gynae charge. anyway, i'll b seeing him oni in oct, so i'll c how it goes.

valerie, i hv no idea leh whether it's hospital policy or my gynae's decision. but i gave birth in MAH, mayb dif hospitals got dif policies?? tink u can chk wif ur gynae on tis.
 
hi mummies,
Anyone of you looking after the bb alone after confinement? Most likely I'll be doing so after CL is gone and before end of my ML. Another 2wk to go.. It seems quite stressful alone not sure I can make it or not... My bb cried and even scream the moment she open her eyes for milk and now can even hear the her voice already sore from screaming... heartache and stressful to hear that..
 
Val
yeah of coursh i remember.. i went back to the TTC thread & couldn't recognise anyone... so i guess you all found some success in TTC... just that i dunno which thread u all graduated into!
The decision for natural/ C-section birth lies with your gynae. Not hospital policy. As long as baby is ok, go for natural lah.

musicgal
the one we hv is Ameda Lactaline.
http://www.breastfeeding.org.sg/shopping/products/lactaline.htm
Mine is loan set from someone.. FOC! Dun hv the flange thing. Either this model dun hv or the person didn't pass to me.

miso
sigh, i prefer to go back to my usual hairstylist/ facial lady ley.. I gotto pay them more $$ to make house call =P

hui
natural is best... my fren went hosp when she was 5cm dilated. Before that she went about her chores as normal! When her hubby was doing the admission procedures, her contractions started to hurt, no time for epidural, then baby came out liaoz.
Not true that induced labour extra long. But i think it's extra painful coz drugs are pumped into u to speed things up. My contractions were 2min apart & hurt like mad, but i didn't dilate beyond 2cm. For normal birth, at 2cm, some people dun even feel the contractions. But reading some birth stories here, some moms experienced pain even tho they're not dilated yet! So maybe everybody, every birth is different lor..

ting2
today my mom go clinic & my dad found a job to occupy his time... so only me & hubby. I was thinking all of us to Compasspoint (u want to go Kiddy Palace or what?) but hubby has nasty cough... maybe not too good for him to be too near Zephan. Isaac got used to the cough liaoz, and thankfully I haven't got it.
Is anyone helping u at home?
 
cakey
dun wait until your baby screaming to feed her lah.
When u observe signs that she's hungry, eg putting her hand in mouth, rooting for your breast, that's the time to feed liao!

I dun hv CL. My parents & hubby are here, i'm seldom alone with baby.
 
hi cakey, wendy, i'm alone at home after hubby went back to work after 1 month.. my sis comes visit me, but will no longer be able to do so when she starts work. so far the times when i'm alone is still manageable but can get a bit boring facing only baby who cannot talk yet.

at prenatal class we were taught to first check whether need to change diaper before attempting to feed, but usually my baby tends to poo poo during feed leh.. if change before feed then most likely will waste 1 diaper..

wendy, we can arrange another day then.. ur hubby not working today?
 
You all so good leh.. Think I'll be alone for my confinement. MIL will still be working.. She'll be helping me out in the morning... then leave for her work at 1.30pm.. So worried that I might not be able to cope.
 
HI Seabreeze,
Can enjoy, better enjoy NOW!! When your little one come out, u will have no time for yourself!
Yor frd so cute, wanna put Edna's pic to inspire herself. Send my regards to her for smooth pregnancy~
happy.gif


Hi mashy_brainz,
I dun dare to think abt future or any competition. Now my life goes by as I start to struggle each day.. Cham.. I really turn into ah soh..
sad.gif


Re: BB's Hot

Hi tingting,
THese few days the weather is really hot, so our babies seems like feeling very vexed. For the quick bath, I just bring her to a tub of luke warm water & splashes her. After that I quickly wrap & dry her up. Alternative, wiping also can helps to cool down. Remember to cool his back & face. Sometimes, can bring him for a little stroll to enjoy the soft breeze.

Hi vone,
Enlighten me on snoopy & snoopy73. Correct me if the chart is wrong.
happy.gif


Hi cakey,
U r not alone. I have only 1 week left to enjoy before I am solo.
sad.gif

I guess as time goes by, we can cope well so let's work harder.
 
cakey,
I'll be solo too after my confinement. In fact, now already semi-solo cos my mum (who is helping me w confinement) goes to work every afternoon. That's why nowadays less time to log in...My only concern after confinement is bathing the bb, still garang gabok...

miso,
me too. Suppose to put on the girdle but weather really too warm...my budge is still flabby...
 
hi gals

my first one.. i solo 1mth after the confinement month.. i can almost die.. being first timer, everytime she cry i hyper ganjiong..even can rushout from toilet or fr shower when she cry.. i was so stressed that i thot i cld be suffering fr post natal blues.. plus no one to talk to.. just look at the bb and her mouth that kept crying. when it is time to go back to work, i cant tell u how 'happy' i am.. haha..

this one.. i not so ganjiong.. he hungry cry cry, my maid more ganjiong than me.. i said.. aiyah.. let him cry lah.. the milk not yet warm up what..
 
Hi ladies,
Glad to know that there're other mummies doing solo also and we can encourage each other and take small break to chat here when 'pek chek'.

wendyg, tulip
My CL practise is similar to tulip, not to rush and pick up the bb but rather talk to her and train her to wait. At first it's 4hr per feed so still ok. Now her pattern change and becomes 1hr or 2hr per feed, (each time range from as little as 5ml to BF + 60ml) that her crying is so frequent and loud that I observe her voice changed. Guess now no choice got to min her cry to let her voice 'recover' first. Maybe it doesn't hurt her but really 'stress' as mummy to hear her voice changed.
 
re: crying for milk feed
Babies cannot talk so their only way of telling u is thru crying.. so we hv to train ourselves not to be stressed out by their crying. I will not let my gal cry for too long cos will cause wind la. Usually if she is wailing, most prob, either she got nightmare? or v. hungry cannot wait. As time goes by, think we mummies here will recognise what they want thru their different crying patterns. So.. mama(s) U r the greatest!

For me, I will go bk to my in law's plc with hb everyday after the full mth celebration. Have to train my in law's maid to take care of our gal so that she knows what to do when I am back to work. So I will not be online as frequent liao. Only maybe night time. haiz..

Hi ixwong, I apply InchLoss cream to my tummy, thighs and arms.. wah, so hot it burns! Worst than the girdle! haha.. but if got effect, then I dun mind.. shall measure in a week's time and see if it reduces.. hehe..
 
re: hot weather
my baby's been wearing singlet for weeks liaoz. The heat rash doesn't appear as often.

cakey
different schools of thought then. We don't let baby cry if we can help it. We tend to him straightaway. For feeds, I was told to watch the baby, not the clock.

ting2
He's more busy on weekends.
Wanted to bring bb to Prime Mart, but weather so hot ley... from your place to Prime is sheltered right?
I know what u mean abt being alone with baby. I told my hubby that he has to talk to me, coz when i'm tending to baby there's only 1-way conversation. Just call me on hp when u sick of staying at home & want to come over.
Hey, since miso is experienced mum, lets leave our babies with her & go facial. HAHA.
 
Vone,
oh I thot u give birth at TMC like Erowen
sorry for the mistake :p

Wendyg,
of cos I hope for natural birth also
pray that my pelvic bone nt too narrow
any pics of ur bb?
 
wendy, though I am an experienced mum.. but with regard to taking care of nbs... way back to 2 years ago leh... and if both u and tingting leave me with ur bbs plus mine.. total 3 nbs leh.. wait i 'ki siao'!! wahahaha...
 
Hi Musicgal,
The ameda lactaline which we have, is the asian version of Purely yours, so think there might be some difference apart from power adapter. No silicon flange. I paid $290 for the basic set ie. motor with two pumps (2 funnels, two bottles). bought from the distributor directly. Euramedic, free delivery.

Hi Miso,
can apply firming/inch loss cream when breastfeeding? after the malay massage, i lost most of my bulge already, but the tummy skin part is still wobbly. Masseuse told me to buy firming cream and rub, but i haven't buy yet leh..scared cannot use when breastfeeding...did you ask your gynae or anything? he said its ok?
 
wendy: I'm dying to go facial man... feel that my face is so dirty...

i'm so happy today... was able to pump out 100ml of BM this morning... guess the milk flow is starting to come liao....

Miso: i don't mind leaving my baby with u.... so i can also go for my facial...ahaha... that will be 4 babies ;)
 
hi wendy, yah, i also tempted to bring bb to prime.. it's like a first step out alone..hehe.. the way is almost totally sheltered, but if i want to be totally sheltered have to go through another block.. so will only go that way if it's raining. ur side also not far lah.. maybe we can arrange to have kopi at the kopitiam n go prime also?
happy.gif


btw, which brand of diapers are u using?
 
cookies ....

wow you still working ar? me lazing at home since monday liao ... can be quited bored .... luckily can come in and chat with you ladies .... yap the waiting game can be abit sian ...

think i will prob just ask my gynae to induce me ASAP lar .... dun think i wan to wait anymore ...

adel ...

thanks!! me looking forward to sahre my birth story and exchange exp with the mummies here .... now cant join in ler heehee ....


cat tail ...

guess its like that one lar ... when bb havent pop keep thinking when pop ... when bb pop then miss the time when bb in tummy heehee
 
cakey, dun worry, i'll aso b looking after my boy myself after my confinement. if u feel stressed, then come in & talk 2 us okie.
happy.gif


valerie, np. initially i was supposed 2 give birth in TMC. but i changed my mind at d last min.
happy.gif


timie, how hv u been?? long time nvr talk 2 u liao. guess tat ur confinemt is over now oledi rite?? so how r u coping wif bb now??
 
hi wendyg and mummytobe,

thanks for the info! i'll go check out the ameda...
happy.gif



hi cakey,

me too! i'm quite worried about being alone with the baby too... think we'll just have to try to stay cool no matter wat! i know, it's easy to say but really jialat to do! i also kinda panic sometimes when jeremy cries incessantly when changing / hungry! *shudder* but we are all here for to support & encourage one another right?
happy.gif
 
Hi!
it has been quite sometimes since i posted a msg here. It's really tiring looking after a baby. So, for those MTBs who are anxiously waiting for the birth of their baby, enjoy while you can

Cat_tail,
your baby girl is really cute! love her eyes! Very big and round.

Applejuz,
your baby boy has lots of hair! Unlike my baby girl who is a bit botak at the front. Looks like a boy instead of a girl.

btw, just want to find out from the mommys here.

Does your baby get startled very often while he/she is sleeping? My baby girl often cry out loudly in the middle of her naps and she looks really startled and distressed. * heart pain*

i tried swaddling her but no use. She likes to stretch herself and her hands will come out and the blanket will loosen. Besides, the weather is too hot for swaddling in the afternoon.

My mom in law suggested letting her sleep in sarong. I am wondering if it helps?

Does anyone of you here use the beansprouts husks pillow for your bb? Is it really useful?
 
wah.. worshippertemple another one.. u all so fang xin to leave ur bbs with me ah?????????? wahahaha... next time I shall open an infantcare home-center. haha..
 
miso: since the end of my confinement, my whole life turns upside down haha.. everything is all on my own.. bathe her, feed her, coax her to bed, do housework, blar blar.. sometimes juz too lazy to come online.. really tiring loh.. sometimes "suay suay" she makes life difficult for me by not sleeping.. and to believe it or not, i tink my girl doesnt like me to come online.. keke.. cos whenever i log on to msn, talk awhile, she will wake up.. i oso miz chatting wif u gals..

cakey: yes i'm now all alone by myself.. believe me life will be very different.. but dun worri u will be able to cope it.
 
Hi all breastfeeding mum,

Would like to check how regular you change your breast pads every day? I find them real smelly esp. in such humid weather. is there any alternative? I prob spend more on the breast pads than on diapers.
 
pinkroses, it's normal 4 bb 2 get startled when they r sleeping. wat i do is 2 swaddle my boy when he's sleeping at nite. in d day, i'll put a face towel on him 2 cover his tummy & i'll tuck his hands in. in addition, i'll aso put a pillow filled wif green beans on my boy's chest when he's sleeping.

lib, no wonder u always hv 2 log off after a while when we r chatting on msn. poor u... nvm, try 2 come online more often k, miss talking 2 u aso.

anissa, so far, i dun wear breast pads at hm. unless i hv visitors, then bo bian, coz i find them veri unbearable, esp in tis kind of weather. so how's clarence these days?? is his jaundice better??
 
cat_tail, snoopy73 is Sarah's hb's nick. I am snoopy!

I will be going for elective c-section on Friday as my baby is still breeched.
 
Hi Cakey, Lib, Miso...
I'm also worried on whether i can cope after CL leaves. We're staying with PIL so won't be alone, but sometimes i think maybe being alone with baby might be better also..staying with PIL, got to deal with all sorts of nagging, unwanted advice etc. especially when they try to 'butt' in. I know they are trying to be helpful, but sometimes..sigh... Eg. if baby starts crying, i want to be able to learn how to deal with her crying, and calm her down myself. I wouldn't want my MIL to butt in everytime and whisk the baby away from me. Also, at least if baby cries, i won't feel so kan cheong if i take care myself. I will feel more stressed if i have to worry about her waking up my PIL etc.. i intend to ask hubby to take 1 or 2 days leave when CL leaves, so at least both of us can try to adapt taking care of baby ourselves and establish a 'work' flow (esp night feeding), so at least when he goes back to work, i won't feel so lost.

Hi Anissa,
I change breast pads twice a day only. I don't have much leakage, cause pump/express quite regularly. its only when i wake up in the morning, got engorgement/leakage cause i sleep through the night for more than 3-4 hours without pumping..usually 5 hours then pump hehe but weather so hot, i usually don't wear bra (after expressing/pumping) when i am in my room. How many breast pads do you change a day? maybe you ask Ting Ting better, cause i think she also changes breast pads very frequently
happy.gif
 
btw mummies,
Do any of your babies have a soft bump on the head? caused by pressure of the uterine muscles when squeezing baby out? my baby girl got one bump, look like baduku like that..doctor says will go away within few weeks, but now already 2 weeks plus, my baby girl's bumps only subside a little bit leh..me getting worried
 
I have a qn. For mummies using manual pump (esp Avent ISIS). How long does it take to complete one pump?? THanks!
 
Hi erowen,
About the gynae checkup, I visited him about 8 days later to do the scan (just a few sec). And will be going back to do the pap smear in 6weeks time.
Massage lady:
I've started massage on the 14th day. But the massage lady doesn't do my womb part, only the part above the belly button. The ML i used is Noor recommended by one of the ladies here.
 
hi anissa, i change my breastpads after almost every feed, esp during the first month, when they get soaked through leaking. Also, when baby first suckles, my flow is pretty fast, so it just spills out n is absorbed by my breastpad. agree that it's expensive to upkeep..hehe.. some people use those square towels as breastpads and wash them after use. Even now when leaking is not so much of a problem for me (the spilling still is), i change both pads almost after every feed cos i scared the nipple with constant contact with stale milk will get irritation.

mummytobe, agree that living with in laws can have its problems... my friends had to stop breastfeeding their babies sooner than they liked cos their MIL kept asking them to supplement with FM. What kind of schedule are u n ur hubby establishing? mine has started work already, n the schedule is that i'm the one waking up for night feeds. haiz....
 
Hi Coffeedrinker
for me, contraction felt like severe stomach cramp experienced during food poisoning....

mummytobe,
my boi also has a soft bump on left side of his head. Just discovered it and was wondering what is it. Thinking of checking with PD at our next visit.

miso,
Do let us know if the cream is effective for sliming!
 
tulip: i think its okie to do rebonding while breastfeeding.

seabreeze: u have been so quiet these few days.. still playing the waiting game or ya making dr cheng busy already?
 
morning ladies

congrats christina! looking fwd to see yr gal gal's pix. =))

valerie, for my case, it was c section with epidural, thus hubby was allowed in. If you opt for GA, then hubby can't come in. Also no point, cos you will be put to sleep. Depends on what you are comfortable with.

lib, i totally agree with what you said, life is soo different. When my mum returns to work after my confinement, i think even lagi worse for me. sigh

cakey, how do you find yr massage lady? I see my flabby tummy so ugly, very demoralising. I dun know if i can tahan til one month to do the massage leh.
my gynae didn't do a scan leh, i wonder how he know my womb has heal?

btw vone and lib, do you gals find some pain at yr c section wound? sometimes i wonder is it my imagination or what. I do feel slight pain and recently when i pee, i get a tightening sensation at lower ab area.

My PILs came yesterday. I was very unhappy at the way my MIL handle my gal. They are supposed to take care of her when i return to work. Now i am having second thots.
Now my mum is helping out and i think she can really bonds with my gal and my gal cry less, even when waiting for a feed. Her feeding time also more or less established. We cuddle and talk to her very often.
Yesterday my MIL was touching her own hair and leg while feeding my gal. I was so angry! i pinched my hubby and signal to him. So he asked her to go and wash her hand.
Then also our way of burping is different. They insisted to sooth her chest downwards while we have been burping her friom behind. It's so obvious that our gal dun like to be soothe at chest area, but they insist, so i dun care, i just take my gal from their arms and burp myself.

then they said that different people have their own way of looking after baby, i ignored them and just cont to burp my gal.

i feel very sad when the idea that my gal will be in the hands of my PILs 2 mths later. I scared they will make her cranky and cry often. Can you gals believe that yesterday my MIL said this:

"last time my son kept crying, i fed up, put him on the crib and close the door, so i dun have to listen, hug him also cry, keep crying, so might as well let him cry."

i was so shocked!!! Baby cry for a reason, they dun just cry for the sake of fun of it.

I told my hubby i will foresee a lot of trouble in the future, i am not one to take things lying down. If i unhappy, i will sure tell my ILs off. I went thru so much to give birth to her, not my ILs!!!
 
Hi TingTing,
Ya lor, i will be the one doing night duty, cause me work freelance, sort of a SAHM. these few days with CL around, i also feel tired cause wake up in the middle of the night to express milk. Feel like zzzing all the time, can't imagine when CL goes back. Btw, what time do you bathe the baby? you do it or hubby does it? My CL bathes baby in the morning around 730-8am. Thinking of asking hubby to bathe baby before he goes to work haha

Hi Coffeedrinker,
Initial, beginning contractions feel something like menstrual cramps with backache. But then, as it gets worse, its like extrememly severe menstrual cramps x 10. for me, i had severe backache also because i have a on-off slip disc problem. Hopefully by that time, you will be on epidural and won't feel a thing
happy.gif


Hi Erowen,
I know what you mean..even now with the CL around, i can't Fang Xin..i tend to hover around her to ensure that she washes her hands after changing diapers, cleans baby girl from from to back, check that the BM she warms up is not scalding hot etc etc etc..stressed! my mother keeps telling me to rest and leave the baby to the CL and not worry so much cause this CL has looked after my SIL's 2 babies before..but how to?? sigh...so far i've noticed 2 or 3 things i'm not happy with and i've tried telling her nicely. Hope she gets the hint...
 
Hi pinkroses,
Thanks for the compliments to Edna. All baby sure looks cute.
happy.gif


Hi snoopy,
So my list is correct?

Re: Solo
I am also scared to be alone at home with my gal. Now the tot of my hubby going to be outstationed in 2 weeks time really make me worry. Hope I can handle alone.
sad.gif


Hi erowen,
I truly understand the conflicts in handling bb between us & in-laws. Hubby & I have the intention of leaving our bb during the daytime at in-law house after I am back to work. But after seeing the way they handle my gal, I start to have second tot. U noe wat my MIL likes to call my gal? "Chow Nu Ren"!!! Come on lah, if she's so smelly, why everyday come & see her? I got so fed up until I keep nagging at my hubby till he ask MIL to stop addressing her like tat. Somemore she can just simply snatch my gal while I am cuddling her. Feel like giving her a good bite, buay tahan~
 
Hi cat_tail,
Can understand your feeling when your MIL call your bb like that... I already feel abit uncomfortable when others call my bb 'naughty gal' when playing w her! cos she's not naughty w them why call her naughty girl?? For my case, I know it's a small matter so I just have to try to get over it.
 
Hi cat_tail.. on ur mil calling names to ur bb.. I got to know from my mil tt by calling them names like notti gal, bad gal etc.. my hb also call our gal 'cao nang' (teochew) then they will be guai guai.. sth to do with the 'po po' who are with our nbs. Hm.. I dunno how to explain.. think wo yue miao yue hei! haha..
 


Originally I also intended for my MIL to take care of my boi when I go back to work, but now thinking of sending bb to a nearby infant care center. Anyone thinking of doing so? I quite like the idea cos bb got more chance to interact with other kids but worried abt the higher possibility of him contacting virus and falling sick...
 

Back
Top