Hi mummies,
I'm back from hospital, baby girl popped exactly on her EDD aug 19
here's my labour story. I had quite a loong labour...
18th Aug morning
i had constant Braxton hicks since morning and crampy sensation (menstrual cramps kind). Didnt think much of it, cause not painful and no show.
18th aug 2pm plus
Got a show (bloody mucus plug). Crampy sensation got stronger, but didnt think much of it, cause not even one third as painful as my normal menstrual cramps.
18th aug, 5pm plus
Crampy sensation and Braxton hicks getting stronger and more frequent, but still but didnt think much of it, cause not even half as painful as my normal menstrual cramps.
18th aug, 7pm plus
after dinner, Crampy sensation and Braxton hicks getting stronger and more frequent. Decided to call TMC labour ward, cause beginning to feel half as painful as my normal menstrual cramps.
TMC labour ward said my gynae was still in the hospital, asked me to go down to the labour ward for her to check.
18th aug, 8pm plus
Gynae says I am only 1cm dilated, but contractions already 3min apart! I didnt even know that what I was experiencing was contractions. Checked into hospital, admitted into labour ward. Gynae says wont be so fastfastest 6 hours, but could be up till12 hours.
18th aug, 10pm plus
Pain getting unbearable, contractions 2 mins apart.
19th aug, 2am
Pain like shit! Contractions 1min apart. On the monitor scale (CTG i think) of up to 100, contractions reading hit up to 80 plus. Buay tahan liao, asked for the Gas. Totally useless, only made me feel like vomiting.
19th aug, 230am.
Nurse checked for dilation. Still 1 cm only!!! I surrender, asked for epidural.
19th aug, 250am
Epidural anaesthetist arrives. Think I woke him up from bed. His hair messy messy and looks sleepy eyed. Epidural administered, level of dosage is 4. Finally, relief! But legs numb.
19th aug, 5am.
Contractions getting very strong. Can feel even though on epidural. Upped dosage level to 6. legs totally no feeling
19th aug, 540am
Gynae comes in to check on my dilation. 2cm only!!! Gynae says too slow. Induce. So burst water bag, put on drip.
19th aug, 6am -830am
contractions pain like shit! Can feel them even though on dosage level 6. upped dosage to level 8. still can feel contractions. Vomitted twice because epidural too strong liao..start shivering
19th aug, 840am
Nurse comes in and wakes me up. She checks me and I ask her how long more. She say, get ready to push. I say how to push? Cant feel a thing down there, legs like jelly. They switch off epidural. And I start pushing. Still cant feel a thing..nurse say imagine you have constipation and push towards your anus. Ok, I try. The nurses are very helpful and good, guide me to take deep breathe and push hard After 9 pushes, they called my gynae to come to the labour ward.
19th aug, 855am
gynae arrives. I can feel baby at the opening.
19th aug, 859am,
i am so eager to see baby, after 3 pushes, can see babys head. gynae gives me episiotomy cut and baby pops out! At the sight of baby, i almost burst into tears. Gynae stitches me back. Vomitted once again because of the injection gynae gives me.
Hi Ixwong
Yes, the lumps are from engorgement and blocked ducts. Me also got lots of lumps. During my stay at TMC, two lactation consultants came to visit me (Uma and Mrs Wong). They showed me how to massage, or rather, they massaged my breasts for me. I was yelping in pain! I also have swelling under my armpits cause the engorgement goes all the way back there. The only solution is to apply hot compress/towel and massage and massage. With brute force! Wah lau, the way they massage for melike kneading bread dough like that. Use the palm of your hand and press down and rub in a circular motion. All over your breast, wherever you feel lumpy. Must ren or else will get worse. For me, I had engorgement as well as leaky breasts. So quite gross, when mrs wong massage for me, my breasts leaked all over her hands hehgot one night, leak all over the bedsheet in the hospital some more. Bleah..