(2005/02) Feb/Mar 2005 Babies

Hi Lyn_baby,

Happy Birthday! May ur dreams & wishes come true!
biggrin.gif
U hv the same birthday as my sister 2.
happy.gif

Sure, do send me ur mobile no. My email add [email protected] Tried to send u a PM but dun tink u posted ur email add here.

Seen my gynae earlier...He said my bb's head's still not engaged...most likely bb'll arrive on the dot, at EDD. Asked abt my contractions...He said it's pretty normal for some to experience much earlier but doesn't mean tt bb's due. So, i'll hv 2 mre weeks to go. But in the meantime, i'll still monitor my contractions.
happy.gif

Hi Lyn_baby,
Happy Birthday!!!
happy.gif

Hi Happybuns,
Baby Marcus is soo adorable! Hope it's not too late to start eating apples now
biggrin.gif

Hi lbs,
I also dunno whether i'm engaged or not..will ask Dr on Fri
lame.gif
Hope there's no infection..& hope baby dun come out too early b4 EDD..not mentally prepared yet...
lol.gif

Thx...Ibs, OMG & Babyvon
Have you gals book for the post natal massage lady alry?

Babyvon
I hv sent u a mail.
Btw while i take my afternn nap I hv intense cramp feel bt only for 2 times niah hiaz tot bb wil cum out today.

hey happybuns>>
aiyo,.... ur marcus soo handsome lei... the cheeks so rosy,,, is it Always like this.... i observe my Lucas... he only has rosy cheeks when he is angry!! crying for milk or when he "gek" then the face becomes burning red...i tot he got fever beginning ...hahaha... aiyer... i never take apples lei... now wondering Lucas will be fair or dark-skinned ..? ha ha ha

hi lyn_baby>>
aiyo, u must be V.V. excited abt BB's arrival lei... the intense feeling and the uncertainties of when and what and how it will happen keeps occuring right!! me also has this feelings before... but try to divert ur attention and read up other things or pack and re-arrange bb things in the room... gee, i duno whether did i advice correctly or not...
last but not least, hope everything goes smooth smooth and fast fast delivery for all MTBs!!!
248926.jpg

hi BF gals>>
I have been latching on my BB regularly... however, tis evening, he begins to become fidgety...and i feel my breasts soft soft...(meaning no more milk inside)... so i am not producing enough for his consumption lor...? i tot it is supposed to be ok and fine if we latch on always as i heard someone posted abt the sucking of the nipples by the bb will stimulate the milk production...sob sob sob , how come not enuff milk milk wan~~>>!>!!>

Hi Lyn_baby,

Saw ur email, hv sent u an sms.
happy.gif
From the pregnancy book tt i read, if the cramps/contractions' not at regular intervals, most likely it's just a false alarm & it's still early to labour.

Like wat Joyce mentioned, dun be too anxious 'cos u'll find the wait very long. I'll just let my bb decides when he wana arrive.
biggrin.gif

Yep, i've booked a massage lady but am wait'g for feedback to see if she's good b4 i really decide if i wana use her svcs. Will let u know then.
happy.gif

Hi Well,

Most new moms face breastfeeding difficulties. Cld it be u're not tkg enuf in ur diet? Can try ask'g ur gynae? I'm oso prepared for tis challenge!
uhoh.gif

hi babyVon>>
not taking enuff... ya, maybe i really din eat alot this time round... but i try to drink as much ma...
so BF has to Eat alot wan meh??
drink can or not??

Hi Well,

you may want to try this recipe to increase bm...

heard that it works.

The green papaya soup.
Fish And Papaya Soup (Serves 1)

Ingredients

1 small or 1/4 large semi-ripe papaya
1 whole Fish (carp, snake head, sea-bream, pomfret or kurau fillet),
Few slices of gingers
Method

Scale and clean fish.
Simmer together with papaya pieces and ginger for half an hour or till soft.
Remove bones before serving.
This combination is believed to improve milk flow during lactation.

Hi Babyvon, Seiko, Lyn_baby, ohmigosh & well, thanks for all the compliments to Marcus. I think all newborn babies are all very adorable one.

Omigosh, not sure the rosy cheeks are the doings of the apples so we shall wait and see lyn_baby's gal also have rosy cheeks.

Seiko, ya can see that marcus is becoming fairer each day leh but lucky his cheeks still stays rosy.

Well, marcus whole face also gets very red when he cries lor. I have just tried drinking the papaya soup y'day so hopefully will increase the milk flow also.

fatmtb, is the soup suppose to be milky in colour?

Hi BabyVon
Okie inform me of the feedback once yr frenz tried it.

Hi Happybuns
Hopefully my gal also hv rosy cheek...

Hi Babyvon n Well
Ya I try to divert my attention to others bt my backaches is gtting worse distrupt my slp make me wake up so early.

Hi Lyn Baby

Initially intend to engage a massage lady recommended by my colleague...but then, after much thinking, guess,l wont be getting the massage liao...maybe use the $$ to do something else & hopefully can resume back my yoga class very soon lor...

Can understand your anxiety..me too..every now & then when I feel the crampy feeling, thought contractions coming liao...
lol.gif

Hi happybuns,

not sure if it is suppose to be milky. did not find out more about from friends about the appearance....

biggrin.gif

btw, did you choose semi ripe papaya? how to know it it is semi ripe?

Hi Lyn_Baby & all,

Haven't decided on whether to get massage lady or not, cos seems quite expensive
uhoh.gif
But those who've gone for the massages have good feedback leh--faster tummy flattening effects etc.

Any feedback from the already graduated mummies? Did u all go for the massage besides Well? Is the massages effective for u?
wink.gif

Hi BF mummies,
Heard that besides papaya & fish, fenugreek (a kind of herb) is also supposed to help with milk supply...but dunno where to get it.
happy.gif

hi fatmtb>>
thank u , thank u for the papaya soup recipe ya@@!

hi gals>>
this confinement, i think i eat lesser solid food... and also cannot finish the rice sometimes... but i try as much to drink more fluid... like milo,annum milk powder,dates water... but due to pain , i also refrain gog to toilet as much so maybe subconsiously...also consume lesser fluid ba...

hi fatmth, i ask my CL to buy green papaya. So when she came back i see the skin of the papaya is green in colour so i assuame is unripe one bah!! You can get unripe or semi ripe also can.

Hi gals, regarding the massage hor, my hubby went to ask the chinese doctor, the main purpose is to let the uterus go back in place. Not for slimming purpose, but for health purpose.

Hi Snowpooher,
Thanks for the info!
happy.gif
So the uterus will still go back to place without the massage right? But is it faster with the massage? So r u going for it then?
happy.gif

yo snowpooher>>
thanks for ur info!!!
i think my uterus went back to the postiition liao... so how bout the womb>??

Good morning Ladies!

Happy Valentine's day! May all qin3 ren & qin1 ren tian2tian2 mi4 mi4!

happy.gif

Hi Well,

Do eat lots of fish (soup la, meat la). it will help baby develop via bm. bcos now whatever you eat goes to baby.
happy.gif
must ensure drink sufficient water (dates tea etc) cos needed to produce bm....

[sorry for being nagging
blush.gif
]

go toilet still must go. must bear with pain (this is what my friend keep nagging at me since day 1 of preg) bcos kidney now use this time to flush out accumulated wastes in our body... later we will feel 'stronger' and healthier!

smile.gif

Jia you!
cheers!

Hi mummies,

do you eat the contents of the papaya & fish soup too?

Hi Well
Hw u noe tt yr uterus hv alrdy went back to the position liao? Btw my frenz told me tt the nurse teach her whenever she urine ask her to use water to flush the wound area cos our urine is acidic tt y when we pee the wound wil b painful. U go try it n let us noe the outcum...

Hi Babyvon I hv receive yr sms... do kp in touch
happy.gif

Hi all Mummies
As for the post natal massage I hv sme no. on hand they charge differently range fr $300-$500+
izzit tt the charges more ex the more experience they r?

morning mommies!
just came back from my gynae visit...baby finally turned at 35 wks! *phew* dat was wat the contractions on new yr's day was all abt. ask gynae whether engaged or not...he hesitate a bit...say not really. so i guess baby is low in pelvis. baby now weighs 2.89kg.

happybuns, baby marcus is so rosy and chubby. i show my hubby the pic and he also praying our baby like marcus like dat. eating apple everyday now! =P

well, my antenatal class also taught that the papaya/fish soup is excellent for bfeeding...but she say must use the unripe THAI papaya (as in the kind they use for papaya salad in thailand)...that the normal unripe local papaya not really effective.

Hi lyn baby,
I signed up for Rose's post massage services. She charged $525 for 8 sessions. Quite like her service. Been going for prenatal massages to ease my back ache.
Not sure abt other massage lady...my colleague's sis engaged one..i think ard 400++ for 8 session

Hi well,

My CL says not only must you eat well, you've got to have enough rest. She has been making soup for me.

Joshua seems to be on a growth spurt, he has been demanding milk every hour yesterday. I was so tired from feeding him.

Hi ohmigosh, the chinese doctor told my hubby the wrap cum massage will help to get the uterus and womb to get back to place. Cos intially I dunno if should go for it cos expensive leh. The chinese doctor said this type of wrap cum massage is good for us, so she actually recommended me to go for it. Yes, I have booked the malay lady liao.

Hi Well, how do you know your uterus has went back to the position??

Hi Lyn Baby, I think the different charges depends on the type of herbs they are using?? I believe experienced lady also charged higher.

I'll be going for my appt this PM. Scare leh, cos today gynae will be checking the cervix...

Hi Snowphooher
So which lady u booked? I m stil looking for 1.
Btw dun b scare, relax while yr gynae do the check for u. Actually its nt painful jz feel tt abit of discomfort niah.

hi mummies, can i check with u how long our bleeding will last for? yesterday i passed out quite a huge blood clot..so gross...and i really hate to be so messy down there...esp these few days when the weather is soooo hot!!! i've been taking 2 showers a day, no choice lah, really so hot!

Hi Tiny, i was told the bleeding can last up to 6 wks...though the norm is until 4 wks. my fren's sis was still bleeding in the 6th wk. and yes, the clots can be huge.

Hi Babygrace,
Read thru ur birth story, understand u have c-section. How's ur wound now, izzit still painful & how long does the pain last?

I will be going for my c-section on 17/2 becos of low placenta so will be joining all new mummies soon...

Hi Lyn Baby, yes, Mdm Nani is recommended by friend. She said Mdm Nani is good. I called Mdm Nani twice, she sounded experienced and nice. She got my pre-pregnancy and current weight, asking me to call her to report my last checkup weight before my delivery. I'm not sure if her charges consider expensive or not lah cos I din bother to go and find out abt the market rate.

Me going off for my medical appt liao. See ya.

Hi Well
I remember tt u told me tt u cal rose b4 for the massage bt she is only free after valentine's day rite. Di u paid her deposite? I cal her n she say tt I need to pay deposite of 20%

242137.gif
<font color="ff6000"><font face="Trebuchet MS"><blink><u><font size="+1">Congrats to all our Mommies to be in 2005!!</font></u>
242141.gif
</blink></font></font>

242138.gif
<font face="Trebuchet MS"><font color="0000ff">Updated as @ wk 14-Feb</font>
<font face="Trebuchet MS"><table border=1><tr><td>UserName</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jannie</TD><TD>24-Feb-05</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Qdee</TD><TD>24-Feb-05</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babyvon</TD><TD>27-Feb-05</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lyn_baby</TD><TD>27-Feb-05</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyce</TD><TD>1-Mar-05</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stephie</TD><TD>1-Mar-05</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>lbs</TD><TD>2-Mar-05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snowpooher</TD><TD>7-Mar-05</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Doll</TD><TD>6-Mar-05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Laugh</TD><TD>6-Mar-05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Seiko</TD><TD>8-Mar-05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elle</TD><TD>8-Mar-05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wenn</TD><TD>8-Mar-05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluebell</TD><TD>8-Mar-05</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>KC</TD><TD>14-Mar-05</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Scarydoggie</TD><TD>14-Mar-05</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheese</TD><TD>15-Mar-05</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elisa</TD><TD>17-Mar-05</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Folic</TD><TD>18-Mar-05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Friesbandit</TD><TD>18-Mar-05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ribena</TD><TD>19-Mar-05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ohmigosh</TD><TD>20-Mar-05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fatmtb</TD><TD>22-Mar-05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Butterscotch</TD><TD>25-Mar-05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bonnygal</TD><TD>27-Mar-05</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Olivetree</TD><TD>29-Mar-05</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl</td></tr></table></font>

242139.gif
<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000"><font face="Trebuchet MS">*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Popped*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*</font></font></font><font face="Trebuchet MS"><table border=1><tr><td>UserName</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Pop Date</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Baby's weight </TD></TR><TR><TD>HappyBuns</TD><TD>28-Jan</TD><TD>29-Jan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Marcus</TD><TD>2.405kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Steamboat</TD><TD>02-Feb</TD><TD>03-Feb</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>3.300kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tiny</TD><TD>5-Feb</TD><TD>30-Jan</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD>Baby Emma</TD><TD>2.775kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Keruri</TD><TD>12-Feb</TD><TD>02-Feb</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Baby Gwyneth</TD><TD>3.280kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babygrace</TD><TD>14-Feb</TD><TD>02-Feb</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Baby Joshua Kyle</TD><TD>2.410kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Litebreeze</TD><TD>15-Feb</TD><TD>05-Feb</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Jovan</TD><TD>3.005kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Well</TD><TD>17-Feb</TD><TD>04-Feb</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Baby Lucas</TD><TD>2.795kg </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table></font>

242140.gif
<font size="+2"><font color="119911"><font face="Trebuchet MS">*~*~*~*~*~*MIA*~*~*~*~*~*</font></font></font>
<font face="Trebuchet MS"><table border=1><tr><td>UserName</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winnie</TD><TD>14-Feb-05</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vig</TD><TD>17-Feb-05</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Skinnyma</TD><TD>6-Mar-05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>-- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lilac</TD><TD>9-Mar-05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>-- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lee-Tung</TD><TD>23-Mar-05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table></font></font>

249306.gif
<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">Happy Valentine's Day To All!!
249307.gif

And May All MTBs Have A Smooth Delivery.</font></font>

Hi Gals,

I'm back from long leave..
Happy New Year to all new mummies and mummies to be!

BabyGrace,

I'm very touched with your braveness! Nearly go into tears when i read your labour process. You r so 'wei-da'.. i'm sure your BB could sense it..glad to know that he's doing well
happy.gif

Hi! lbs,

I just got my report from the culture test. Gyne said not infection but some sort of virus existence. He said i'm a carrier of dunno what virus. He mentioned the intial GBS.. i really dunno wat it stands for.. I ask him need to take any medication now, he said no need..But gotta remind him to inject dunno what anti-bodies drug in me just b4 i deliver so that when BB pass thru the birth canel won't be affected.. I really dunno what is that?.. I ask him how come have this kinda virus.. he said it has always been inside me and i won't find out if i'm not pregnant.. I really hope that its not something serious..
sad.gif

Hi! Snowpooher,

Hows did your check up go? Me went for my check up Sat quite disappointed to know that in the past two weeks, my BB only increase by 100g
sad.gif
At week 36plus, my BB weighs only 2.5kg.. Funni leh..prior and during CNY i ate alot but how come lost weight?..

Me start to have backaches and mild contraction at night.. and wose of all, i've got very very itchy tummy around my stretch marks area.. i scratch till swollen.. really can't tahan leh..
I applied calamine lotion but no cure leh..

Anyone with similar experience?

Hi Elle
GBS = Group B Strep...
actually me too kena this now (luckily mild one)but I did culture test before pregnant..this virus non existent that time ler...I also dunno how come kena this time..

Yups, heard that usually gynae will put you on drip during delivery if you have this GBS..I am not sure abt me cos I have fungus infection as well &amp; was given some medication..will do another test this Wed to see if all clear..crossing my fingers
sad.gif

Hi Laugh
Will pray for you!
happy.gif

btw Elle

Your bb engaged liao? I am getting really anxious..dunno when bb decides to come out..Today went back to office for an urgent meeting(though on green light to work from home)...while on MRT to &amp; fro office, was really praying hard...aiyo~

Hi Cheese, Mdm Nani's contact is 9456 2817. She is charging 5 wraps + 1 scrub at $450.

Hi Elle, just went for my checkup today. Have you done with your cervix test? I did mine today. I dun like it leh. I feel gynae somehow "force" the way in with his finger, though he kept on saying sorry ah. I tried to relax, but still feel uncomfortable. After the test, he told me during delivery, it is a practise to check the cervix every 3 to 4 hrs... After the test, I shivered leh. I'm now 3.3cm diluted.

Not sure if I have a bit of high blood pressure. He said the high blood pressure might be caused by water retention. My water retention is quite bad. Gynae couldn't confirm also, so did a blood test, pending for results. He said if the high blood pressure is not caused by the water retention, then he may want me to deliver earlier. My BB is weighted at 3.2kg at Week 37. Consider heavy? Dunno why, perhaps I drank too much soft drinks recently.

Hi snowpooher
You already 3.3cm dilated??
So, does this mean you will definitely deliver earlier than your EDD?

How do we know if we have water retention? So far, my gynae didnt mention anything...
uhoh.gif

Hi lbs, ya lor, I was surprised also. Somehow, ppl around me all said I will deliver earlier than my EDD which is 7 Mar. Gynae said my BB is in good position, but after the cervix test, I was too tensed up to ask any qns, so I dunno if BB has engaged or not.

Overall, my hands, arms, legs (up to knee level) are all swollen. I feel pain at my legs, hard to walk. My hubby also said my body got water retention. Overall I've put on 17kg leh.

emm...do you feel exceptionally different for the past few days? cos 3.3cm dilated seem like a lot liao...haha...which mean not much to go when the actualy delivery? then, is good ler..
wink.gif

I am now feeling persistent mild ache at my right back...dunno why..

ic..so far crossing my fingers..havent witness any water retention yet...but walking has definitely become a chore for me cos feeling tummy extremely heavy like that..my bb weighs @ 2.9kg on my Week 36..gynae said consider bigger range bb lor..

My gynae also comment my BB big size... My BB really knows how to absorb leh. Each time I went to my gynae is a shock to me hahaha...

On and off, I will feel the pelvic area pain, sometimes couldn't walk. But still can tahan lah. Other than that, dun feel different. Perhaps because my bed is a platform bed, so I still squat here and there. I even use the squat toilet lor. I read in book, squatting is a good form of exercise for preggies. My back sometimes do ache too.

wow snowpooher

Peifu! Peifu! I dont think I can squat for long now ler..but my MIL said squatting exercise help for easy delivery too..hmmm...

hi lynn_baby , snowpooher>>
the next morning after my delivery, doc comes and touched my tummy, there is sort of a lump to the right side of the tummy, and i believe tat should be the uterus... and nurses also advise me to urinate often so as the uterus will return to the center... and also during my 1st pregnancy post-natal massage, the masseur will massage the tummy area to the center... so far, after 2/3 days of delivery, i feel the lump no more liao...so i reckoned uterus should be returned to original position already lo...

and today, went to gynae appt, he scanned and confirmed tat everything's fine!!!

hi tiny>>
U still on confinement rite!!>>?? u hired a CL or who is doing the confinement for you? u returning to work after ur maternity leave? then will u continue BF?
U REALLY SHOWERED???? *peifu* *peifu* ... using hot water from heater? then wiped dry and come out of the bathroom???
i cannot bathe lei... MIL in my house to supervise!!

morning gals!!

How are you, Well?
wink.gif

Your MIL doesnt allow you to bath ar?? I tot can bath with those chinese herbs??

emm....seldom see jannie &amp; Qdee these few days...wonder if they pop liao??

Hi snowpooher,

no leh..my last visit he didnt do cervix test on me. Heng ah.. But think the next visit cannot escape liao..from the way you describe i start to shiver liao.. Dr ang abit chor lor leh..
That time he did culture test on me also said not pain but then it was painful actually..

Wow your BB consider pretty big size.. Mine only 2.5kg ..
NOw already 3.3cm dilated ah?.. how u feel now?.. when you squat do you feel the cervix part open liao? Did dr ang merely measure using his fingers?

hi laugh,
i just removed the dressing to my c-section wound today. According to gynae, it has healed very well, it's just a thin line above the pubic area. I'm supposed to faithfully apply the scar fade cream over the next few weeks.

As for the pain, it depends on individuals and the doc's stitching skills. Gynae explained to me that he opted for non dissolvable stitches because it holds the wound better. Just be careful in the early days when breastfeeding, use a pillow over the area to protect yourself. Avoid eating chicken and eggs so that the wound can recover faster.
The 1st time you get off the bed after being on the drip is agonising but have to bear with it. Try to walk with your back straight, must C-section mummies tend to walk, clutching their tummy and bending over. Gynae was very happy to see me walking upright.
Good luck to you!
happy.gif

Back