(2005/02) Feb/Mar 2005 Babies

ok... tot and tot abt it... dun think have soft spot for wen cos she is the cunning and naughty one. always full of nonsense and always disturbing her brother. but she is the clever one lah.. she pick things up so quickly that eveyone is surprised. like this girl can blow her nose at abt 9 mths....

Wah so many posts...

Precious_one,
Lani is right...the most unglam one doing the kiss of life :p

For me, not having no.2 is more because the time & attention & energy will be split between 2 kids. As it is, i'm guilty enough about not spending enough quality time with Ashley. :p And being a paranoia, there'll always be a nagging thought of having an abnormal child (highly unlikely, but never know)--which, if it happens, I'm not sure if I'll have the capacity to care.

Lani - you must have train Sarah so well that she is so smart!! Impressive!!

Jannie: I was given medication for BP and also anti stress pills last week, he said that if BP came down, then my high BP is definitely due to stress and not genetic. BP went down but to lower than norm. I am still popping my multi vit, but doc. is quite sceptical??? I told him I even pop anti oxidant pill and he said that medical had proven that we should get anti oxidant from the food we eat?? So discouraging. Told him I pop multi vit - he gave me a funny look also - somemore ask me why I go get it at GNC and not Watsons or Guardian??

OMG: Wah you so cool, can give CPR, next time teach me ok. I was taught previously before my gal got discharged from NICU but that time she was a trachy baby so I believed the steps were diff. plus now she no longer baby, gal gal liao. It is a very useful skill, can save life.

poohy: u intend to join in this thread for long term? welcome welcome
happy.gif

pax: I wld like to know the other mummy who's small and more petite than me but who huh?

precious... i think your GP feels that multivits are for the undernourished lah...pple like us who eat ok, do not need multivits. i take it just for boosting of energy. docs usually will recommend those off-the-shelf pdts from watsons or guardian rather than from GNC or Naturefarm, etc. My gynae told me before there are some classification for the above brands under their knowledge. i think GNC is being marketed/classified as "natural pdts" or something???? so it may be for "suckers" like us? why dun u ask your GP how to boost energy if not multivits (since it has been tried and tested ok). see what he says.... maybe u can try and if it works or not since he does not recommend multivits.

jannie, doc. prescribed me iron pills for anaemic and said that I can get them from pharmacy myself next time. He said I supposed to eat it until when I squat down, then stand up and dun feel giddy, then stop ..... hahaha - but I'm been feeling this way for 2 or 3 decades liao.... Anyway, since I already bought all those fish oils, antioxidents, evening primrose, multivits etc. for up to 3 mths supply, I will just pop them.. I tell you hor, for vanity, I also bought the TAUT - Collagen Infusion Theraphy
happy.gif
I do feel silly after what the doc. said ytd cos I spent $xxxx/- on the above.
sad.gif

By the way what do you mummies meant by saying GNC multivit not natural??

precious
sometimes i also feel giddy when standing up from a squat position leh. i also thot i'm anaemic but gynae/GP never said so to me. someone told me it's normal cos of the change in blood pressure/flow suddenly.

Stephie, I always have this kind of feel but have ignored it for so long until lately, I just feel giddy always - regardless whether I bend down or stand up - that's why I went for a check. Sometimes so giddy that I just have to lie flat. Last week BP was high, ytd, after a week of HPB medication, BP drop to below normal, so confirmed very anaemic by doc.

Have you ever check your BP??

precious. natural means they are extracted from plants or something like that.. that means not chemically processed in the lab. qdee, maybe u have a better way to explain....

i think u bought too many things on impulse lah..... where got pple 1 time buy so many things one..... but if they do u good, then maybe i should try also :D

jannie, i joked with my hubby ytd, cos as a SAHM, i watch the family budget very closely especially when my little gal still have quite many medical follow up. So when my health went downhill lately, i decided that I must build my health, so went on a buying spree and spend a bomb, perhaps after doing that, I get de-stress and BP went down, cos the feeling of spending is really shiok --- hahaha. Gone were the days when I am working, I buy buy buy, now with one income, I have to be more stingy. I really hope the collagen drink will do wonders .... anyway, I can't tell u the result yet cos all supplements take some time to see result, otherwise, all the docs. close clinic liao. I am look forward to a more youthful me ....
happy.gif
happy.gif

PS: I also stress up knowing all the mummies here younger than me --- hehe

stephie,

Allow Dr Precious to prescribe you the iron pills then. Just take one 1 capsule every morning after food. Neogobion. I recalled having to eat this after delivery for one month. Prescribed by the gynae. According to my GP, this can be bought over the counter at pharmacy. No need doc. prescription. No harm eating lar cos you are also a mummy, can't afford to feel giddy. If I am not wrong, are you preggy now?? If you are, better check with your gynae first.
happy.gif

precious,

thanx
happy.gif

stephie,

me too feel giddy any time any place. Even after a full meal, I can suddenly feel giddy and my legs and hands vv weak plus a bit trembling when I walk. I took blood pressure a few time and its always v low. I dunno why suddenly got this problem....

poohy,

Your giddiness is pretty bad hor, mine, I always hungry nowadays, and when I am hungry, my limbs also weak. Go and buy Neogobion iron pills. One in the morning after food will do. That's what my BP prescribed ytd.

How many children do you have and do you have one born in Feb/Mar 05?

Thanks, Dr Precious for the prescription :p Hmm... during my 1st and current pregnancy, gynae never asked me to take iron pill leh. i only felt those giddiness once in a while when i suddenly stand up from squat position. other than that, am ok leh. nevertheless, will check with my gynae on this.
happy.gif

precious,

thanx for the recommendation
happy.gif
I will try! I have 2 children. 1 boy borned in end March 05. A girl borned in May 06. I normally go to april 05 thread cos my boy's EDD was supposed to be mid April 05.
happy.gif

phantom ... Bon Voyage!
in case i dun log on after today!!!
Hv a safe journey .. and post in here once u hv settled down.

Phantom ah.. u really phantom ah.. i miss u deep deep ah...

Have a smooth journey! Hope Cayden will be guai guai and co-operate
happy.gif
Let us know how life is over there!

folic

wah lau u all so touchy feely :p

yx will miss cayden deep deep also - hey but that's ok.. she could msn and webcam wif him !!! woohoo long distance love!

hmmm, very quiet weekend for the mummies in this forum. No posting at all?? Hey, what did you do this weekend? We brought our gal to the zoo for the first time today. Dun know if any one of you are there today also??
happy.gif
Ya, we are now friends of the zoo...hopefully will go there more often to stretch our $150/- fee.

HAPPY CHILDREN'S DAY to all the little ones!
happy.gif

Hi Precious one,
Haven't gone to the zoo for a while...now that the kids' area is under "renovation". Ashley has been there only a couple of times but never been to the kids' area. Will prob bring her there again when that area is ready
happy.gif

Did Angel enjoy the zoo trip? Very sunny right? Heehee!
I was busy getting a "sun-tan" at Vivocity over the weekend :p

omg, the kids'area will be ready only about June next year. This is my gal's first trip to the zoo, so she was pretty fascinated but we did not cover the whole zoo cos she became cranky after a while as she missed her pm. nap. Very hot afternoon, and it was really a tiring walk for me. Gosh, I didn't visit the zoo for the last two decades liao. I was at Vivio City last Friday pm, but remembered you were only there on Sat and Sun.

Hello mummies, today is my 7th year wedding anniversary
happy.gif
I got a cheap jade pendant (S$70 - after bargaining) from my hubby. I'm into jade nowadays, signs of getting old??? hehehe

Precious, congrats!
actually i like jade since young but i have nvr bought one coz i couldn't find a design i really like. During the GSS, i went to the Peach gallery (think this is the name, at Robinsons), it carries quite a nice range of Burmese jade, in peach, pink, purple and of coz the classic green. Totally love them but not cheap and some of those i like are 'threaded'; I prefer to wear wif white gold or as choker with simple black string.

I don't think jade is old, it can be quite funky!

Qdee, hehe, I bought the traditional type of pendant (very small piece, flat and round with tiny hole in the centre and in white gold setting), very light green. I cannot tahan the strong green colour. On my last birthday, I also asked my hubby to buy me the jade bangle - also light green and thinner than those grandma's type. It so happened that the jade that meet my eyes are B'grade cos I dun know how to appreciate the green colour from those A grade. In a way, it is heng for my hubby who foot the bill cos the A grade jade are really costly. haha
happy.gif
Am I a cheapo?? hehe

wah.. precious one, next time i can consult u if i want to buy jade. i also like jade.. but i cannot carry it off well.... and like what qdee said.. alot of trendy pcs are selling in the mkt.. not cheap though.....

jannie, i'm not an expert in jade...i buy based on my feeling for the piece, or i call it fate. Thereagain, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. I go goldsmith shop to buy, but not at chinatown, cos they have so many pieces, I will see until eye blur blur. one day, we all go shopping together without the kid/s.... how about that?

omg, tks, just return from dinner. We just had a family meal at a coffee shop. Not bad only $33.60 for an anniversary dinner
happy.gif

Actually hor, it has nvr cross my mind if I look wierd with the jade pendant and bangle on me now. Must go look at mirror now...haha

hey hey, i wanna get pink and purple jade bangle for my gals ..... u know of any where that's not too pricey? I think it will look kinda cute.

we go from talking abt kids to talking abt jewellery!!
I heard tiffany (or issit cartier??) has a range of jade items, true?

qdee, my fren was just telling me that tangs ahs a counter selling trendy jade... but a bangle can cost at $300-$400.. designer types lah. not too sure abt the quality though. yes, i think tiffany sells jade as well cos i rmber bbgrace mentioning....

JADE
Tiffany had a range of jade items from Frank Gehry. Hubby wanted to get the one shaped like a fish for me for xmas. Looks really good in print but when i went down to the store, i was not impressed. It could be because of the colour and quality of the jade. i wasn't gg to plonk $600 plus on an unimpressive piece of green stone on a cord. I think buying jade is a personal preference, must like what u see regardless of what people tell u about the quality etc.

i'm also looking for nice contemporary jade pieces. Heard about the counter at robinsons but yet to check that out.

babygrace, yeah, i second babygrace, jade is about the feeling. Tiffany stuff are really expensive but of course they have unique design.

Qdee, I bought my jade bangle (grade B)from goldsmith shop. If you happen to go to one, they will give 20% off the price tag, but you can bargain a little bit lower somemore. I bought mine at S$368/- after discount from S$498/-
happy.gif
Some shops at Bukit Timah the complex beside Bt Timah Shopping Centre has pink and purple bangles. One owner tried to pursuade me to buy a purple one previously but I do not have feeling for purple bangle. hehe

hello mummies, I apologised that I side track our topics here to jade for a start, ok let's go back to our little ones. I cook ABC pasta in chicken tonic soup for my girl today. She just finished one bowl. What's your little ones having today. Any recipe to copy? I'm so happy during feeding just a minute ago, my girl surprised me by telling me some new alphabets and numbers that she refused to say previously. Forgot which mummy recommended me ABC pasta, I am so grateful to you.
happy.gif

ok this is depressing!

was on msn wif a real old fren

she said why am i still staying in a hdb flat? (she din ask it out of contempt ... she's just joking with me ..)
she said, it's funny how another fren whose combined family income is only 6k can stay in condo (2 kids like us also), has a car and club membership.
and yearly holiday to farflung countries once a yr.......

so now i am comparing that to me ... i have no C's
kao_sad.gif

oh well, i have different objective and aim in live. My C's are care, concern, commitment. Not car, condo, clubs.
Ok me happy again !!! :p

Qdee, I believe your own objective and aim will make you a better and happier person and is something that no one could rob from you, whereas, condo, car and club membership are subject to changes in life/external environment - might or might not be forever ours....
happy.gif

HArlow
how's everybody!? finally can relax a bit... yday i took urgent leave to spend time with Matthew, since it was children's day and CCC was closed. he was so delighted. i shld do this again. hey, i'm gg to be vv hao lian... anybody caught me on CNA local news last Thu!!??? i saw my big fat ass while they showed the KPE Tunnel Discovery segment... of all things, my fat ass. sian...

Qdee
there r some of us who live w/in our means, with savings, investments for ourselves and our kids, prefering to be debt free and still be happy and enjoy ourselves. they r some who live beyond their means, in debt, enjoy themselves with absolutely no savings. eeerrr.. wat am i talking? talk cock again...

phantom phantom
r u safe and sound in US of A, re-united with J? how's little Cheeky Cayden? drop us a line, k? we all miss u all here...

bbgrace
how's ur 1st day at work? u still pumping or stop liao? Jo started 1 feed of FM, bcos my frozen ebm is finishing. i'm still pumping 1x a day, only abt 4oz max. but at least that's 1 feed for her. FM so exp now.

pax,
i'm only starting work on 15 oct, after Emma's birthday
happy.gif

i'm pumping as i'm typing. i intend to stop but dunno when leh. I don't want to pump in office. Maybe i'll just pumping in the morning b4 i leave. Yah man, FM is so expensive. Emma is on 2 feeds on FM a day cos my daily o/p is only about 300ml.

oh darn! miss seeing you moon on national tv. just joking :p

oh.. i thot it was 1 Oct. How time flies... Emma is 1 yo next Thu! 11 Oct. i still rmbr u wanted 10 OCt, bcos J was 2 Feb. then how u ended up in a 2 bedder which was converted to a 1 bedder bcos of all the 10 Oct babies...

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY TO EMMA in advance! in case blur blur Auntie Sandy forgets...

oh and the long time no see Tiny! HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY TO ELLIOT in advance too..

eerrr.. i think i too adv liao.. mad woman!

pax, i talk crap too hahah .. just that sometimes i wonder what the hell i am doing! haha
need confirmation that i am not being stupid!

I learn something new every day and I learn something interesting yesterday.
The Chinese character for the word CRISIS consists of two individual characters for DANGER and OPPORTUNITY.
So when we are in a crisis we could either view it as danger -to stay away from or as an opportunity knocking on our door.

Here's a story about a group of plane crash survivors who were stranded on a snowy mountainous area.
They have been waiting and hoping for the rescuers to come for many days.
One day one of the group leaders heard on radio that the search for survivors has been called off.
The leader was worried on how to communicate this piece of news to the rest of the group members without killing their hope.
The leader decided that it's either taken as a bad news or it could be taken as good news.
So he went on to tell his group,
"Look guys, i have a piece of GOOD news!"
Everyone looked up with shining eyes, waiting for the good news.
"The search and rescue has been called off".
He paused.
The tent filled with silence. Everyone looked bewildered.
"How can this be a piece of good news? "
"We are going to be stranded here forever! No one's going to find us"
"We will die here!"
All these words were echoed with a resounding yes yes yes from every corner.
The group leader stood up.
"IT IS good news. Now we don't have to keep on waiting here hoping for the rescue team to find us."
"We could now channel our energy on moving forward, getting out of here."
"We do not have to wait here any longer. We could take fate in our own hands."

So are we in crisis today?

greetings from athens!

chatted with phantom earlier on and she is now sitting in one corner, looking pretty.. cos all Cayden wants is papa. :D so i guess that means she is happy. hope to see her post soon!

in the meantime.. i am still missing all my asian food....

qdee,
me & hubby in same situation lah. altho his mthly income more than your friend's combined family income of $6K/mth, we are still staying in HDB flat, and will most likely remain in HDB flat for the rest of our lives. what to do, we have other financial objectives. quite a huge chunk of his mthly pay goes to our savings & insurance plans (insurance alone more than $1K every mth). some more we are a single income family, so gotta make sure we have enough savings. for you, i know you & hubby are debt-free, cause your flat fully paid for liao! so now you can concentrate on building your retirement nest egg! isn't that MUCH MUCH better?! i REALLY cannot wait for the day we are debt-free ourselves....

qdee.... i'd rather be debt free than to be laden with it. at least i would know that every extra dollar i can save is my SAVINGS... sigh.. think i will never be debt free......

lani, what is your floor area again? and how much is your bishan flat? i think we may have to go for EA in the next couple of years since a condo that area would cost a bomb! EA would be nice cos they usually have 4 rooms....

jan, lani, my hub would say, dear, your own expenses alone is 6k a month how are we gg to afford a car, condo and club when we cant even afford u :p hahah.
Anyway, i was just being silly la. Envy is one of the 7 evils so let dun let evil manifest in me!
Next yr my expenses for school gg kids is gg to be 1.2k .. bonkers.. i need money!

Back