(2005/02) Feb/Mar 2005 Babies

folic, why are u awake so early?

omg,
Your list is not ranked according to age hor. hee....

precious one,
Don't worry too much about Angel's weight. My Emma is also very petite at 11 mths plus that Pax's 7 mth old Jo is catching her up very soon.
I think it's partly genetic also cos i'm also around your size
happy.gif

My girl has an OT session ytd with KKH. This is her fourth session. The 1st session, no participation from her cos new therapist - nvr see before, so she shy lor - result can't assess. 2nd session - same therapist is a small room - wah OT impressed with her. 3rd session - OT therapist brought along a new therapist - again she cried throughout - result - can't assess. Ytd was the 4th session - OT again very impressed with her cos she participated and responded so well that she refused to go home. The good news is OT said that she felt Angel is catching up with her peers and have her own intelligence?? Whatever, as an anxious mum, I received good news whole-heartedly
happy.gif
. So another review in 3 months time!!

babygrace: aiyo - dun ranked in terms of age lar, should rank who started the forum and who join last
happy.gif
haha, pai say - I joined last then top the list, bu hao yi shi!! So what's your ht and wt hah and how young are you??

Hahahaha! No, not ranked by age....but i would still come last if ranked by age :p :p :p
Oh I missed out Fries: Ignatius

Babygrace, I doubt you're even 40kg! hahahaha!

Precious one, I'm also about that weight..my height abt 1.57m...and I'm not telling my age :p

Oooohhhh..........I'm soooooo happy.......
I don't have the make the announcement that Stephie made recently :p

All mummies,

Has your 2yrs+ child decide which hand he/she wants to use, I mean a right or left-handed. My girl still undecided so doing things with left and right hand always. OT said child will decide at about 2.5 yrs old. Just wonder when your child make such decision....

omg: what annoucement huh? Did I miss out anything? I have been reading the threads diligently since the day I participated? So much secrecy here.....hmmmmm, who's famous, some announcement.....

precious, omg is a physio therapist. and good to hear that angel is catching up. she will catch up one lah..... dun stress yourself too much. i also gave up trying to make en talk properly... he will talk when he wants to.. and in full sentences too! now i m thinking when i should let him go diaperless in school.. cos the toilet is quite a walk away and he still has to put on shoes b4 they will bring him to toilet!!! but if i continue to let him wear diapers, chances are the teachers will just let him pee in his diapers... not once he come back dry and he is toilet trained for a few mths already.

omg, i would be delighted if i can make that announcement..... i really like kids loh.. just that they shack me out totally.

i blur liao. What announcement is omg going to make?

i'm so happy also...... no, i'm not like Stephie also :p
i just wanna announce that J didn't cry on the bus today!!!!
After the whole day of pep talk about the school bus, i let him bring his stuffed bunny to school today and told him that bunny wants to take the school bus so he has to show bunny how to take the school bus. He still looked a little scared just now when i picked him up downstairs, one hand holding the bunny, the other hand holding to the bus assistant. Gonna reward him for his "bravery" later.

precious one / omg,
I'm 1.65m and 46kg. Age-wise, i'm 2 yrs younger than folic
happy.gif

jannie,

The CC teacher always said that for the first two weeks, let the child wear diaper cos of new environment. In a new environment, the child might be scared and won't say if he wants to pee or poo. If your boy is already familiar with the teacher and can vocalise the needs to pee/poo, let him go diaperless.

My girl is potty train and not toilet train. If she wants to wee, she will call mama if I'm not within reach and standby at her potty in the hall. Sometimes she just said urg urg, but she can't remove her undies. The 3 half-days trial at CC previously, the 1st two days when I am inside, I refused to let her wear diaper and I diligently brought her to the toilet. She is ok with the toilet there cos it is children's size. The 3rd day, I asked the supervisor to watch her facial expression, but she wee on the floor once ... haha

The potty training process previously was so tiring for me so I am also scared that my girl will rely on diaper again. But to attend apple tree next Jan onwards for just 1.5 hrs a day, I guess I will let her wear pull up cos she can't say she wants to wee/poo. Hiaz!!

sorry.. wat r rashguards used for?? heeee... must be damn stupid qn to ask..

i'm gg to breathe, work and eat in the tunnel during my working hrs next 3 days! and my Sat is burned too
sad.gif

jannie
i have not only 1, but 3!!! u wan?

babygrace, you are super slim and very eligible to participate in Mrs Singapore.....aiyo, so young lady.... you ladies really make me feel really old.... did I join the wrong forum. May be I should start a new thread from 39 to 50, hopefully more older ladies join there ... hehehe just kidding lar... this group is really fun
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

babygrace, you are super slim and very eligible to participate in Mrs Singapore.....aiyo, so young lady.... you ladies really make me feel really old.... did I join the wrong forum. May be I should start a new thread from 39 to 50, hopefully more older ladies join there ... hehehe just kidding lar... this group is really fun
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Precious one,
Jannie already answered you about my occupation
happy.gif

Ashley has been preferring to use her left hand for a long long time.
Some time back, Stephie made an announcement that she's expecting. I do love kids but one is enough for me.

Jannie,
I also really like kids but also exhausting leh!

Pax,
My whole weekend is burnt.

If anyone is planning to go VivoCity this weekend, can go look for me! I'll be at SkyPark (Level 3) 9am-8pm both days. Got Heart Fair leh!

bbgrace, i am super super jet lag lor... but i am very happy.. (no announcement).. managed to 'see' yx on msn webcam and talk to her
happy.gif

I predict some more announcements coming soon... hahahahahahahahahaahahahaha *i spy i spy*.....

precious, stephie jus announced she is preggie not long ago and omg is thankful that she need not make the same announcement. hahaa

weight of kids isnt it funny.. now all try to fatten up the kids.. then later.. all go slimming center to slim down when grown up? hahahahaha my mum says.. don need feed so fat.. or else next time exp to jian3 fei2. :D

OMG ... in papers ..

and OMG your period late har?? hhaha

folic , u heng ah!!

anyway went to see the twins today, one like daddy one like mummy .. and I am CRAVING!!!! was rocking one in my arms felt sssssssoooooooo GOOOOODDDDDDDDDd!! Clock ticking again.

hello gals

wow so much talk abt weight and announcements!

hi precious_one, ignatius is decidedly left handed for now. he can use scissors and chopsticks with left hand only. we concluded it only abt 1 mth ago, so i guess 2.5yrs is approx around the time when it becomes more noticeable.

qdee... so got success or not???

talking abt potty training... ignatius had a field trip to west coast park yesterday morning. he got so excited, he forgot to tell us he needs to pee. and suddenly from the platform (the structure that looks like a ship) he shouted that he needs to shee shee... and out it came. one huge load, and another one huge load onto the sand as he was brought to the toilet...
so my suggestion is wait for big downpour before u head to west coast park!

which one is OMG - today's paper a lot of pretty faces - mind your body page?

OMG - if i go vivio this weekend, I will shout OMG OMG, you must come out hor cos I dun know yr name....

I officially declared close factory liao - my nick name precious one means one and only one child - so preciousssssss... actually I love children but dun like the caring part, aiyo ebm etc. make my knees weak, my heart weak, I can shout tolong!!

which one is OMG - today's paper a lot of pretty faces - mind your body page?

OMG - if i go vivio this weekend, I will shout OMG OMG, you must come out hor cos I dun know yr name....

I officially declared close factory liao - my nick name precious one means one and only one child - so preciousssssss... actually I love children but dun like the caring part, aiyo ebm etc. make my knees weak, my heart weak, I can shout tolong!!

OMG...in papers? Where??

Still on the topic of the kids' weight, I MMSed hubby this photo of J just now and his reply was, "I think we better exercise him more"
So folic's mother is right, better not feed till fat fat.
987632.jpg

oh, must go look thru mind your body tonight and see our OMG. the copy in office don't know disappear to where.

Toilet Training
I think Cherylin can be considered toilet trained during the day. We dared to bring her out diaperless since last weekend. But she still refused to poo poo on the toilet bowl. She rather hold herself than to go to toilet. Must have diaper on then she'll poo poo or she'll poo poo on her pants. When we forbid her to do so in her pants, she ended up holding on to her bowel until she gets stomache. So for now, we will go slow on this area until she's comfortable enuf to do so on the toilet bowl
happy.gif

precious
cherylin is left handed too just like mummy.

bbgrace
well done, J! He actualy did it within such a short timeframe. Happy for you
happy.gif

jannie,
Regarding rashguard for girls, i bought one for Emma from Jshoppers. Not sure if they still hv that.

Pax,
Rashguards are basically a top a for swimming. Unlike those 1 piece that we used to buy for our boys when they were babies, this one is just a top that u can wear with swim trunks or beach shorts.

precious one,
Sure! Let's see if J and Angel likes each other or not. The other day J wanted to hold YX's hand but got rejected. haha!

heee that means my guessing is quite good. i thot it might be omg in mind your body.. but i don hv access to the online ST to check :D

folic

babygrace, er, u mean your boy already set eyes on YX... oh no, this mummy of precious one can't bear her precious be second best lar !! I must agree YX is a very pretty girl, big big eyes. Your boy got good taste
happy.gif

can someone tell me where can I find OMG in today's paper - i machan searching a pin in an ocean, cos I dun even know how she look....
sad.gif

friesbandit, what? scissors and chopsticks already?? I'll just scream when angel holds scissors. I dun even allow her to self feed cos she mess up .... I'm such a horrible mum, actually though I so old liao, but I really blur blur when it comes to children. damn pai say.

Looks like a number of left handed children here. Angel is still confused, sometimes right, sometimes left, be it pen, spoons or whatever! Sigh.

sigh... are men stressed by family matters nowadays? my guy fren msn-ed me just now while in labour ward with the wife... this is their no. 2. he was shocked when i told him that i m not against a no. 3. he said 2 for him are enough.. he can channel his efforts and energy elsewhere. he proceeded to tell me that our values are different, that's why i dun mind more. he said he is tired of the whole pregnancy thingy.. and having to go back to a baby at home again (the elder one is already 4 yrs old) eventhough this 2nd child is planned.

makes me think what kind of men our society makes them now... i mean, isn't having children a joy instead of burden? i mean, i m like a solo most of the times and i can even consider 1 more.... or i m like one of the mothers who just give birth blindly and dun plan sufficiently for my children's future? should i think twice abt no. 3?

jannie
i suppose different pple have different values. some value children more than anything else (pple like yourself) while others value other stuff more than children. the impt thing is that you are happy with your decision.

jannie, I agreed with Stephie. If not becoz of my age and also a very very difficult pregnancy and a pre-matured delivery, i would gladly have more. Even my hubby, sometimes I asked if we should go for a second one, he said no no, one is enough. He said he might not be able to love the 2nd one more than Angel. I asked why not, still his kid, he merely said, is different. I concluded that man and woman really have different prespective, values over issues.

i think i love myself more than my kids hhahaha ... hence i want number 3 .. so that they can compete for my love and i feel superior coz i hv this little ppl looking up to me!

kidding! haha

precious
i also had this thought that i won't love #2 as much as i love cherylin hence for a period i was wondering if i should have #2. hubby is the opposite. he said won't be so cos both are our children. my fren also said the same thing as my hubby.

stephie, my girl is very selfish one, i've asked her many times the following:

P: Seeing a baby or a baby pic, I'll ask her, do want mama to have a baby?

A: Without thinking --- NO

P: Do you want to have a didi?

A: NO

P: Do you want to have a mei mei?

A: NO

So the vote at home is two against one. I lost. I only longed to have when I see her roaming around the house aimlessly and playing on her own. Feel so sorry for her. To console myself, she rejects my offer. Papa only wants her and she only wants mama and papa.
happy.gif

jannie,

Personally, i feel that children are GOD's most precious and greatest gift to man. It is not something we say we want and we get it, so if your no. 3 come along, accept it with joy and grace. GOD provides man with the necessity and the needs but not the wants.

Did all mummies here give birth naturally?

precious
angel is still too young to be selfish
happy.gif
Cherylin enjoys playing with her two cousins every weekend (one of her age, another 2 years older). so we thought good to let her have her own playmate
happy.gif
haha...when i asked if she wants a didi or meimei, she'll tell me she wants jie jie (her cousin whom she always play wif) :p she very 'notty' also, will tell me she'll finish up all the bm and little baby (that's what we call our #2 now) will drink her formula milk. she seems to like babies cos whenever she sees one, she'll want to go near them and sayang/look at the baby. hope she'll adjust well to her didi/meimei.
happy.gif

hmm then u all are opposite of me leh.
i worried that i wont love number one as much after i have number 2.
and i worried that i wont spend as much time wif number one after number 2.
End up .. up till now i dunno if i love one more than the other?
There can never be a measure for love. We love one person differently from the other.
I can't say i love my kids equally but I know I love them both to bits!

i rmbered that i cried when i see en after i tested +ve with wen. i told qdee about this i think, and another fren. my fren asked me why and i said i m afraid that i won't be able to love en as much already. she said she do not think i won't love him as much, just that less time and attention will be spent with him. i tot abt it and tot that she is right.. and i felt better immediately :D

qdee, when do u realise u "love" 1 more than the other? i can safely say that up till now, i love them equally.

Just ytd, angel was at the OT and there was a newborn baby (perhaps 2mths or so) there crying. My girl walked towards it (dun know the sex of the baby), looked and smiled. Then I asked her, do you want a baby at home, she said no and walked away and continued with her games liao!!

Qdee, I was told parents will have soft spot on a child particularly, are u sure you dun hv? Just curious, no offence. Cos I was brought up in quite a biased family. I had one brother and 2 other sisters. My elder sis had two kids, one boy and a girl, I think she displayed affection more to her girl leh.

i went thru the Mind Your Body section a few times. i can only safely guess that OMG is the one demonstrating how to do the CPR on the dummy?? am i right?? i can't imagine the other ppl whose pics appeared in the papers being her leh....unless she is featured in the last section lah - Dr Amy Khor!!! wahaha!!!

I have good news to announce. Just went back to the GP to check my blood pressure. The medication works and has bring down my BP, but to lower than normal, so my giddiness is due to very anaemic. Doc. said I have lowsy blood, so when I'm stressed, BP went up, High BP is not due to genetic. So I'm given more iron pills. I think talking to you fun ladies help me relax a little. So a BIG thank you to all of you here.
happy.gif

OMG OMG, can you tell me which one is you in the paper. Dun make me stressed, dun want my BP to go up cos I'm so determined to locate you....hehe

A few days ago, my maid asked me who do i love more. Told her that i should never think of this question and i love both of them.
But i find that i still spend more time with J because he's capable of vocalising his needs while Emma's needs are usually physical needs and my maid can help if i'm occupied with J. Nevertheless, i think i have a soft spot for emma simply because she's a girl and the baby of the family.

re: Loving #1 and #2
when i found out i was preg with Jo, i wasn't worried that loving M less than before. like jannie, i cried bcos i would miss all the one-to-one time i had with him, i would miss devoting all my time to him, i would miss playing ard with him. i'm the discipline mistress. he doesn't look for me as much as before. most of the time now, he looks for papa. i love them both as much. that's as far as i can swear about.

bbgrace, jannie
do u gals have soft spot for your little gals? i dunno myself leh. but my gf told me her gf feel that way.

rE: which hand?
M is left handed! but how r we gg to teach him? i have difficulty showing him how to hold a pen properly. maybe get my dad.

precious
oh i wan to tell u. there's another mommy on this thread, tiny. her elder gal is vv small size too. i can't rmbr how heavy though. btw both my deliveries were c-sect, bcos both my kids got BIG HEADS! heeeee...
eerr.. actually hor, self-feeding would help with Angel's development. and when fries said scissors, those r child-safe scissors. some of us bought plastic blade type of scissors. it helps with the eye-hand co-ordination too.. u may wan to consider getting a pair.

omg
bo pian lor.. me got KPE tunnel discovery. would have lots of school children running all over..

pax,
altho i don't have a son, i definitely have a soft spot for sarah leh! in fact hubby and i hope that if we do decide to have more kids, we want to have ALL girls, cause we just love them.

precious_one,
my dd is definitely right-handed. as for self-feeding, using scissors, etc. my dd does all those on her own. of course i was quite hesitant at first, but she is a very strong-willed girl so i got no choice but to let her do them, and i supervise her closely lor.

and scissors she uses those normal metal scissors hor! she refuses to use those plastic scissors already, cause she tells me they are not sharp and she can't cut! haha. but she can hold the scissors properly now, like how us adults hold them.

she is also able to hold her pens properly and write properly, and she did it by observing how we do it and emulating us. i realised that last time when i tried to explain to her and show her how it's done, she couldn't really get it. but when she observed how we did it and she copied us, she managed to get it right.

Lani
u r like Qdee..... Girls! heeee...
hey, Sarah is smart!!! but M is left handed, hubby and i r right handed. M got the left hand genes fr my dad, but hor my father writes with right hand, use chopstix with left hand!! how to teach M???

mummies,

I always follow this thread.. just seldom post.. but when I see you talking abt loving #1 and #2... how some of you feel really reflects my own feelings at that time.

When I was first preggie with J, S was only 7months old. I loved him to bits and I was depressed for a pretty substantial time becos I was so worried I would have less time to spend with him, he will feel neglected, he wont get our sole attention anymore blah blah blah. Even though J was planned. Sometime you plan with you head but your heart move differently I guess. My head tells me bio clock ticking, we do want more kids and closer age gap will make the siblings closer, scared difficulties conceiving since we ttc for 2.5 years before having S with so-iui.

Initial months when J was borned, I spent more time with S than her. in fact, I only spent time with her when I give her daily stimulation and cleaning up, feeding. Result is I had been feeling guilty most part of her 1st year cos the attention given to her is not that proportionate lor....

anyway now, she is going 1.5 year old, I do think I love her to bits too! I have soft spots for both kids ... too idulgent i think. I guess God gave us the ability to love all our children deeply no matter how many we have...

jannie,

me too thinking of no.3
happy.gif

pax, actually, my treatment with wen is different with en leh.. simply bcos both have different personalities. en doesn't cry for me to carry.. and en is not so manja. wen is more sensible and she always cry for me to carry..... but i got immune to her liao lah.... if i busy, i will just walk away and she will wail even louder.. guess she just have to get used to it (which she hasn't). can't really say i have a soft spot for her loh cos i still like to cuddle both.

precious, good to hear that your BP is better. does your multivits work?

haha.. managed to con a new laptop from my mum... she saw en playing on my laptop yesterday (gave in after much delibration cos he's driving me nuts) and was so happy that he could navigate on the mouse and explore the whole TTT website. she say she will buy a new laptop for en with her year-end bonus :D

Back