(2005/02) Feb/Mar 2005 Babies

hi OMG,
i'm staying at wdlands, the air is indeed pretty hazy, sometimes can even smell the bad air. but i think its still better to open some windows for ventilation than to keep the windows shut, cos can get pretty stuffy & hot.

hi elle,
Congrats
happy.gif
glad that ur birth experience is over. now its become my turn to keep thinking when is my bb arriving?
happy.gif
do take care and hope u recover from ur wound soon!! thanks for the advices on not eating when labour comes.

hi kristen,
how's ur gynae visit??
happy.gif
are u getting excited already?

hi wenn,
congrats!!
happy.gif

Hi Elle, ya, Dr Ang very casual wearing hor. He was in polo T nd bermuda when he came to check on me at night. I was like "huh", ppl will think this is just another visitor kekeke...

The midwife did the induce to me, poke a needle onto my hand lor. My stitches ok liao, healed... The chicken one, I heard b4 lah, but I still eat leh.

Dr Ang also suggested me to go for C-Section for my 2nd pregnancy cos my viginal is very narrow. He's afriad I got to go thr the same procedure as the 1st pregnancy.

hi omg, i'm also quite confused about this jaundice thing. my PD actually said he's very cautious when it comes to jaundice, so he would not discharge a baby if above 200. these few days we've been sunning her, but like i said the heat rash so terrible that she looks like she's got measles or a very bad case of acne all over her face. poor baby. and i thought she looks less jaundiced. but when we bring her out, esp at shopping centres under the white light her whole face looks very red and when she cries can see it's still yellow. sigh...think if she still has by next week, he'll ask me to stop breastfeeding her for a while.
sad.gif

Hi Tiny,
How much is Emma's bilirubin level now? She's already ~5wks old right? So how often r u bringing her for the blood tests?
Ashley's face also look yellow when she strain her face (eg when she cry or yawn)..very worrying
sad.gif

Hi Ribena,
Yeah opening windows to get some air is good..am just afraid of exposing her to too much dust.

Massaging breasts: Rub in circular movements.
If engorged, must rub very hard at the hardened areas..it'll be very painful.

Hi KC,

the recipe i got from the book for papaya soup is as follows:

600g chicken feet, 600g pig tail
3 liang bai he, 3 liang peanut and 3 slices of old ginger
1/2 unripe papaya

Just double boil on high fire for 20 min and then slow fire for about 3hours.
I find that if you put too much papaya, the soup will turn out a bit sweet-ish, so you might want to find a small papaya will do. If you want fish, then just substitute the chicken/pig tail with fish like sang yu or ngor hee.

folic

I think my girl look jaundiced again. Hope don need to go back for photo therapy.. sianz! Will prob sun her again tomorrow and bring to poly clinic for blood test if necessary.
I read about jaundice being caused by breastmilk. Do you girls think I should stop for a day or 2 and use formula? I also heard that water is good for jaundiced babies. Any of you girls who are breastfeeding gave water to the baby? If yes, how much water to give?

folic

OMG, the last blood test we did was when she was 1 week old. then, it was around 186. so PD said can go home and just continue to sun, don't have to go through phototherapy anymore. then, the last check up, at 4 weeks, first thing he said when he saw her was "she is still jaundiced! very obvious!" my heart sank...i couldn't even see it!! and he gave us 2 choices:
1) do a blood test to confirm level
2) don't do blood test, but continue to sun for 2 more weeks and go back at week 6. if still quite high, then must take further action already. (dunno what action but i guess stopping bf is one of them as he mentioned)

in the end we chose option 2 cos anyway still must sun her mah...

sigh.

folic, i dunno...how did your baby take to formula at the hospital? which formula did they give her? did u ask your PD? emma is on total breastmilk so i have no idea what and how much to give her if i have to. i hardly give her water actually...i read somewhere that if you give too much water in between feeds, it will fill them up, altho no nutritional value, and she won't drink well as a result. also dunno if it's true. but sometimes after sunning her and seeing the poor baby is so hot and red, i'll give her a little. she doesn't drink much tho. about 10 ml at most? i think she realises it's not milk, and stops sucking!

Hi Ribena,
just came back from gynae visit..spent so long there..last night i felt some water coming out suddenly ar...scared water bag leaked...but later no more liao..today gynae checked my cervix..he said opening up ler..but one thing is bb not engaged..hai..a bit worried he wun get engaged coz his head still quite high up. And when i told him abt the water..he a bit kancheong and did CTG test for me...first test bb was sleeping...so couldn't rely on the test...asked me go walk walk and eat something to wake him up...2nd test was a bit better..got some movement hehehe...and he did a swab test to make sure if water bag really leak..bb wun be infected by bacteria going in...but hor..the result will only be out in a week..but hopefully...if it's urgent..monday will know. Will see him again on monday. What abt you? any news yet?

Hi Folic & Tiny,

When u all sun ur babies, do u take off their shirts too? Nowadays, i just expose her to more sunlight..but she's still in her shirt & mittens & booties...maybe shd remove them all..but scared she catch a chill leh
uhoh.gif

About giving water, the nurse at KKH was saying it'll worsen jaundice cos it fills up baby's tummy, then they'll take less milk. So i haven't been feeding Ashley any water. But then a Dr (at polyclinic) was saying can give a bit cos jaundiced babies need to be well hydrated. Very confusing. So now, i try to latch her on more regularly, so that even if she's not hungry, she gets some fluid.

Folic:
I've also read abt jaundice being caused by BF, but there'r a lot of info that says shd continue BF despite of jaundice. Confusing confusing!

Anyway I hope her bilirubin level drops next week..if not, i think i'll stop BF until it's ok (meanwhile can pump & stock up)
lame.gif

Tiny:
At least Emma is not subjected to frequent blood tests. Ashley already gone to polyclinic >5times for the blood tests..so poor thing.
sad.gif

hi OMG,
true to prevent dust from coming in, maybe shld just open a while or open the window that is not the bb's room
happy.gif
thanks for teaching in the breast massaging
happy.gif

hi kristen
i'm also seeing my gynae on mon. good that ur cervix is opening up. but i didn't know water bag cld leak. don't worry too much ok..maybe its urine that leak
happy.gif
what a cute way of waking bb up by eating! me so far no signs of labour yet. everyday countdown, a bit uptight cos i don't want to be induce for labour.

hi...just finished feeding...took so long this time - first baby fell asleep after only about 5 min, tried to wake her by tickling her toes but she wouldn't budge,so i changed her diaper and she had hiccups. by the time i waited for her hiccups to finish, she was so wide awake & kept looking everywhere, so distracted she didn't want to drink! sigh. in the end after trying for quite a while, i gave up (she kept coming off the breast and my milk kept spraying all over her face)and now i just put her down in her cot, and she's still playing by herself. aiyo...now I'M so wide awake!

Hi gals

My PD said BF would not cause jaundice but will prolong it.

For jaundice bb at early stage, we need to ensure they eat & sleep well. Therefore, I think the controversial argument on BF causing jaundice most probably due to if bb on BF, usually, they gets hungry very fast (or maybe not full each feed).

Ray done a blood test yesterday. His level is at 149 now, compared to when he discharged (152)a week back, this is not a huge drop but PD said as long as the level is decreasing, shld be fine. She even told me, if I want can go back to TBF liao.

But seem that Ray wont be settled without his 30ml formula suppl (since I am advised not to latch him for too long, else if gets sore nipples then even cham), I still supp him for the night feeding so that he can sleeps well.

btw, any of you here experience hair drops? My hair seem to be dropping quite a lot..
sad.gif

Hi Tiny
aiyo, sometimes, my Ray also like that. Suckle for 5 mins, then went into deep sleep..no matter what I do trying to wake him up, he just wouldnt budge too. Then when I am abt to give up & put him to cot, less than 2 mins, he was wide awake liao!!

Hi Tiny,

my hubby jus took Yi Xuan to the polyclinic for blood test. Yesterday nite,we went to the PD for the referral letter and he said she still look a bit yellow. I asked about giving water and he said no need. The liquid that the baby needs can come from the breast milk. He also said that it is normal for some rebound after phototherapy, cos the second test was done immediately after phototherapy, so naturally low. Hopfeully, will not go too high again. He also says that I might have to stop b/feeding if the levels continue to be high, but if it is below 200, he is ok with it. He says he treated babies with bilirubin levels of 300-400. When I hear that, Yi Xuan's condition doesnt sound so bad!

OMG, my hubby will bring her to the corridor to sun. WE only let her wear pampers but wrap up in receiving blanket. We will open the blanket a little while sunning. Sun for about 10 mins only.

folic

Hi All, i know some PD said that we do not required to feed BB with water for the first 6mths. As breast milk is highly water concentrated and the foremilk is actually watery.

But i do feed my BB with water as she still have Jaundice even at 2mths. But i din let her drink too much... Also i did give her some chinese barley water(without sugar) to drink. But if i give barley water, i wun feed her with water.

I dun noe if it did help, but my BB jaundice level did drop.

Oh, if u wanna sun ur BB, the best time will be between 7-8am. Cos by 9am, the sun feel super hot.
happy.gif

Well, as long as the level did not increase, there is nothing to worry. Heard that it can last for 3-4mths! Mine ended when she is ard 2mths plus!

Hi gals,

my gal's bilirubin level is at 180.. no need for phototherapy again.. that's a relief.

Ocean, when you give water/barley water, how much did you give?

folic

hi jannie/laugh,

hey din know that u gals also went thru c sec?
Is both your cases like me 'emergency c sec'? Mine is bcos of my narrow bone structure bb can't come out.. wonder whether is this common among other preg ladies.

funni leh, the malay massage i'm engaging told me some c sec patient even do massage right after the 4th day leh.. they say more effective. For me sure can't lah..i'm so weak. So she ask me choose 4th day, 10th day or 1mth.. So i told her i'll try during the 10th day lor..if not comfy will postpone other day.

lbs/folic/OMG,

Thanks for the encouragement on bfeed!
I really dunno shld i blame myself leh.. cos i'm not so hardworking as in 3hours feed once.. i'm like once i'm free i'll try to let bb latch on.. else if he already start crying then i'll give him formula to prevent him to get hungry longer..
I so sad leh.. i got abit of milk but he refuse to latch.. instead when give bottle he suck like nobody biz..very discouraging.

Oh i'm already into my 6th days and my milk is transparent white leh.. still not consider milk ah? I've always wanted the leaking problem of wat u all have leh.. but not even drip out leh..
sad.gif
Does drinking lots of water helps?
Yesterday i used pump to pump ..after 1/2half alamak miserable 10ml milk come out..

Hi catz,

Thanks!.. Time flies huh.. we've already popped.. now entering into another stage of our life.. hows your BB doing?

Hi! ribena,

no prob! jus wanna prevent you to be like me puke like mad.. even the nurse took the vomit bowl far far away from her.. Thought she shld be used to it.. *scratch head*

Oh now is your turn to get excited liao.. remember hor.. control your diet.. dun eat heaty or fried stuffs .. get into good health b4 u deliver.. Dun be like me kenna block nose and flu.. really half dead in the delivery suite..

Good luck and all the best!

Snowpooh,

yah.. dun u think dr.ang looks so much younger in his polo-shirt and bermuda?.. i wonder how old is he?.. u think got 40?
Ay.. me also leh.. he ask nurse to drip me and now then i know that drip is to increase the contraction interval.. no wonder so painful.. and fast..

Hi ribena,
So you got dilate? Scared i have to induce then go for c-section..really pray hard dun haf to..want to try natural unless really no choice. Hehe..ya water bag can leak one...my colleague last time her water bag burst for 3 days before she noticed anythign coz her bb was breech and his butt blocked water from flowing out..another colleague also warned me abt water bag leaking..

elle, dr ang got a lot of white hair..i just noticed it yesterday ahha....i think he should be in his late 30s...

Hi all,
How long does ur baby nurse each time? Cos last time, Ashley used to latch longer (>30mins)..but nowadays, she'll latch only ~15mins. Wonder if she's getting enough. But her poo volume is more than b4 (she's pooing abt +/- 5 times a day, & pee ++/- 8 times a day)..so i suppose i'm worrying too much?

Hi lbs,
Thanks for ur info on jaundice. Wat teat do u use for bottle-feeding Ray? I think the Avent one (when i feed her with expressed BM) is too big & fast for Ashley..maybe need to get another one.

Hi Tiny,
Ur milk supply sounds very much leh!
lol.gif

I still haven't experienced such sraying..mine at most is one side feeding, one side dripping
lame.gif
I also need to keep waking Ashley up to suckle..it's a struggle at night when i myself is also falling asleep
yawn.gif

Hi Folic & Ocean,
When u let ur BBs sun..it's not direct sunlight, i suppose? But my place 7-8am, still not much sunlight leh..only comes after 8.30am..& it'll be a bit scotching..anyway nowadays i just let her sleep in the living room for morning/noon, exposed to some light.

Ocean, when did u give ur BB the barley water? I'm very hesitant to introduce foreign food to BB leh..so far only BM, some formula milk, plain water, glucose water..very kiasee mother
lame.gif

Hi Elle,
U need to stimulate ur breasts to produce the milk leh..especially early on. Baby latching on directly is the best stimulation to produce milk. And also gotta avoid giving BB bottle from the start, or they may get nipple confusion. Wat i did was using spoon to slowly feed her the formula milk for the 1st 2-3 days when i wasn't producing enough milk yet...it's VERY TIRING though.

Maybe u can let him latch on BEFORE he cries to be fed? Normally if BB is hungry, they'll give some cues, eg moving his mouth, making sucking movements. Latch him on at that time instead of when he gets VERY hungry & starts crying. Maybe in between the feeds, u can use the pump to stimulate also. I think 10ml is a good start..work on that. I remember when i first started, i had ONE DROP of colostrum after 15mins of pumping
lol.gif
Dun give up ok?!
happy.gif

ho omg, looks like you're doing fine. maybe now ashley is just drinking what she needs, last time maybe she was just sucking for comfort after a while? my baby is a very small eater i think...like me...hee...she only latches on for 15 min at most too, and only one side. and sometimes (like last night, when she fell asleep, or when i'm nursing her outside cos she tends to be v distracted) she suckles for a few minutes only and keeps loosing her latch, and that's when i;ll be spraying all over her face. not that my supply is a lot lah. in fact if i give her ebm, she only takes about 60-70ml comfortably. after that must coax her like mad to finish any more. most of the time she will use her tongue to push the teat away! and these days when i express for 15 min i will only get about 70-100ml each side. i guess that's what they mean by demand=supply. i produce what she needs!

elle, if you want to bf then now must work extra hard...first few days very important, don't give up!! 10ml very good already. my nipples were terribly terribly sore and i really felt so hot and bothered in the first few days, but luckily my hubby was v supportive and i didn't give up...now it's so much easier.
happy.gif
cheaper too, don't need to buy formula..haha..and don't need to keep washing/sterilising bottles (unless i pump) so keep going...!

254679.gif
<font color="ff6000"><font face="Trebuchet MS"><blink><u><font size="+1">Congrats to all our Mommies to be in 2005!!</font></u>
254679.gif
</blink></font></font>

254680.gif
<font face="Trebuchet MS"><font color="0000ff">Updated as @ wk 11-Mar</font>
<font face="Trebuchet MS"><table border=1><tr><td>UserName</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluebell</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Scarydoggie</TD><TD>14-Mar</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ribena</TD><TD>15-Mar</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elisa</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Friesbandit</TD><TD>18-Mar</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fatmtb</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lee-Tung</TD><TD>23-Mar</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Butterscotch</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kristen</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bonnygal</TD><TD>27-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Olivetree</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl</td></tr></table></font>

254681.gif
<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000"><font face="Trebuchet MS">*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Popped*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*</font></font></font><font face="Trebuchet MS"><table border=1><tr><td>UserName</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Pop Date</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Baby's weight </TD></TR><TR><TD>HappyBuns</TD><TD>28/01</TD><TD>29/01</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Marcus</TD><TD>2.405kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Steamboat</TD><TD>02/02</TD><TD>03/02</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>3.300kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tiny</TD><TD>05/02</TD><TD>30/01</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD>Baby Emma</TD><TD>2.775kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Keruri</TD><TD>12/02</TD><TD>02/02</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Baby Gwyneth</TD><TD>3.280kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babygrace</TD><TD>14/02</TD><TD>02/02</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Baby Joshua Kyle</TD><TD>2.410kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Litebreeze</TD><TD>15/02</TD><TD>05/02</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Jovan</TD><TD>3.005kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Well</TD><TD>17/02</TD><TD>04/02</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Baby Lucas</TD><TD>2.795kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jannie</TD><TD>24/02</TD><TD>17/02</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>2.635kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Qdee</TD><TD>24/02</TD><TD>17/02</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Nayli</TD><TD>3.160kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babyvon</TD><TD>27/02</TD><TD>18/02</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Kaden</TD><TD>3.700kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lyn_baby</TD><TD>27/02</TD><TD>15/02</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Baby Valerie</TD><TD>3.240kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyce</TD><TD>01/03</TD><TD>25/02</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Baby Jonas</TD><TD>3.470kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stephie</TD><TD>01/03</TD><TD>27/02</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>2.840kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>lbs</TD><TD>02/03</TD><TD>24/02</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Baby Ray</TD><TD>2.990kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Laugh</TD><TD>06/03</TD><TD>17/02</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>3.000kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Doll</TD><TD>06/03</TD><TD>23/02</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Alyssa</TD><TD>2.610kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snowpooher</TD><TD>07/03</TD><TD>15/02</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Jolene</TD><TD>2.860kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elle</TD><TD>08/03</TD><TD>05/03</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Darryl</TD><TD>3.050kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wenn</TD><TD>08/03</TD><TD>06/03</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>3.420kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Seiko</TD><TD>08/03</TD><TD>26/02</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>2.620kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>KC</TD><TD>14/03</TD><TD>03/03</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>3.530kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheese</TD><TD>15/03</TD><TD>17/02</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>2.620kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Folic</TD><TD>18/03</TD><TD>02/03</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Baby Yi Xuan</TD><TD>2.770kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ohmigosh</TD><TD>20/03</TD><TD>24/02</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Baby Ashley</TD><TD>2.290kg </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table></font>

254682.gif
<font size="+2"><font color="119911"><font face="Trebuchet MS">*~*~*~*~*MIA*~*~*~*~</font></font></font>
<font face="Trebuchet MS"><table border=1><tr><td>UserName</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winnie</TD><TD>14-Feb</TD><TD>40++</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vig</TD><TD>17-Feb</TD><TD>40++</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Skinnyma</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD>40++</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>-- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lilac</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD>40++</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>-- </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table></font></font>

<font color="ff6000">Folic</font>, as for how much
kao_confused.gif
to feed ur BB with water, i also dun noe!
lame.gif
Usually during in-between feed, when it is not the time to feed yet. So when Cherish cries and stick out her touge, i will give her some water. But i just let her suckle for maybe 10secs and i took it out.
happy.gif
Sometimes she cries again and i let her drink a little while.

Despite doing so, Cherish still had jaundice
kao_confused.gif
and thus hubby's sis told us that Chinese Sinseh mentioned that boil some Chinese Barley water to feed the baby. The Sinseh said that he had a patient whose BB really very yellow and after drinking for 2days, the level dropped!!

Like <font color="0000ff">Omigosh</font>, i was very reluctant to give BB any other things. Plain water for me, i already very hestitant, but when i looked at Cherish, especially when she cries, face all <font color="ff0000">red</font> except her eyebrow there very <font color="ffff00">yellow</font>, i give in!
kao_sad.gif
But like giving water, i let her takes in between.

Oh, just to mention that when i initally gave my BB plain water, she rejects it giving me a frown!!
biggrin.gif
I can still remember that expression! Hahaaa...
biggrin.gif
But after sometimes especially in between feeds when she felt hubgry, she will still drink it!
happy.gif

But remember, as our BB is still too small, i suggest just give them a few sips lah!

Now i think my BB only drink total abt 20ml of plain water per day!

HI gals,

Tiny, I forgot to ans your earlier qn. She took to formula milk quite well too. They gave her enfalac. But She only took it for about 2-3 feeds, then I send down my EBM liao.. don feel like 'contaminating' her with formula
happy.gif

Elle, you must keep latching her. The moment she cries or feels hungry, just latch her, she will surely get something out from your breast. You might notice that she suckle for longer or more frequent initially, but that stage will pass. Now,Yi Xuan will feed for about 10-20 min on each side every 2-3 hours. Use lots of nipple cream to prevent bleeding or sore nipple. Jia you!

omg, we do not put under direct sunlight. We just sit in the corridor of our flat.

folic

Hi omg
I am using Avent bottles..So far so good..but do agree sometimes he can finishes very fast..
wink.gif

btw just checking

I usually sterilise abt 3 bottles at one go for the night feeding..cool them a bit then keep the empty bottles in the fridge so that when I need I dont have to sterilise one by one. Do you think this is ok?

Hi Elle
yyups, like the gals said, pls make sure you keep on latching baby Darryl diligently hor so that your milk flow will get stimulate faster..
And yups, do drink a lot of fluid when we BF, we need it..
happy.gif

Hi Tiny,
I was still a bit stressed abt the amt that Ashley drinks..cos i saw on the formula milk tin (0-1 wk 60ml, 1-2wks 90ml)..goodness! Dun think Ashley drinks 90ml! And even in hospital, she was only drinking ~30ml when she was 1 day old..which is HALF that "recommended" amt. Just hope she puts on weight properly. Hope i won't be stressed by relatives asking abt her weight/intake during her 1st mth celebration
crazy.gif

Hi lbs,
I think ur sterilizing method shd be ok..actually after u sterilize, if u store the bottles with the caps on, should be ok (whether in room temperature or in fridge) right?
I find when Ashley suckles on the Avent teat, the flow will be like too fast, then overflowing abit from the edge of her mouth
lol.gif

Hi Ocean,
Yeah! Ashley hates plain water..hahaha! Was giving her some until i heard from the nurse who says NOT to give. Anyway, now hearing from more ppl (relatives &amp; u guys)..i think i'll give her a bit later..maybe just a few sips
wink.gif

Hi Tiny,
I dun think last time she was sucking for comfort...hahaha! More like there was very minute amts so she gotta suck &amp; suck for so long to get wat she needs..poor girl!
lol.gif

hi everyone, baby ignatius joined our family on 6 march, weighing 3.33kg. at my MIL's place now and finally got internet set up. will catch up on all the postings and ... catch up! being a mommy is a whole new world man. laters!

by the way Elle, mine also emergency c-section after 26 hrs of induction, and lasting for 15hrs without epidural. and my epidural c-section wasn't effective! felt the pain of the knife at the final layer, so they had to knock me out using GA in the middle of the operation. traumatic.

254679.gif
<font color="ff6000"><font face="Trebuchet MS"><blink><u><font size="+1">Congrats to all our Mommies to be in 2005!!</font></u>
254679.gif
</blink></font></font>

254680.gif
<font face="Trebuchet MS"><font color="0000ff">Updated as @ wk 11-Mar</font>
<font face="Trebuchet MS"><table border=1><tr><td>UserName</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>Scarydoggie</TD><TD>14-Mar</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ribena</TD><TD>15-Mar</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elisa</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fatmtb</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lee-Tung</TD><TD>23-Mar</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Butterscotch</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kristen</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bonnygal</TD><TD>27-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Olivetree</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl</td></tr></table></font>

254681.gif
<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000"><font face="Trebuchet MS">*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Popped*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*</font></font></font><font face="Trebuchet MS"><table border=1><tr><td>UserName</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Pop Date</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Baby's weight </TD></TR><TR><TD>HappyBuns</TD><TD>28/01</TD><TD>29/01</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Marcus</TD><TD>2.405kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Steamboat</TD><TD>02/02</TD><TD>03/02</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>3.300kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tiny</TD><TD>05/02</TD><TD>30/01</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD>Baby Emma</TD><TD>2.775kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Keruri</TD><TD>12/02</TD><TD>02/02</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Baby Gwyneth</TD><TD>3.280kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babygrace</TD><TD>14/02</TD><TD>02/02</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Baby Joshua Kyle</TD><TD>2.410kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Litebreeze</TD><TD>15/02</TD><TD>05/02</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Jovan</TD><TD>3.005kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Well</TD><TD>17/02</TD><TD>04/02</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Baby Lucas</TD><TD>2.795kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jannie</TD><TD>24/02</TD><TD>17/02</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>2.635kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Qdee</TD><TD>24/02</TD><TD>17/02</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Nayli</TD><TD>3.160kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babyvon</TD><TD>27/02</TD><TD>18/02</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Kaden</TD><TD>3.700kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lyn_baby</TD><TD>27/02</TD><TD>15/02</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Baby Valerie</TD><TD>3.240kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyce</TD><TD>01/03</TD><TD>25/02</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Baby Jonas</TD><TD>3.470kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stephie</TD><TD>01/03</TD><TD>27/02</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>2.840kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>lbs</TD><TD>02/03</TD><TD>24/02</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Baby Ray</TD><TD>2.990kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Laugh</TD><TD>06/03</TD><TD>17/02</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>3.000kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Doll</TD><TD>06/03</TD><TD>23/02</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Alyssa</TD><TD>2.610kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snowpooher</TD><TD>07/03</TD><TD>15/02</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Jolene</TD><TD>2.860kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elle</TD><TD>08/03</TD><TD>05/03</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Darryl</TD><TD>3.050kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wenn</TD><TD>08/03</TD><TD>06/03</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>3.420kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Seiko</TD><TD>08/03</TD><TD>26/02</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>2.620kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluebell</TD><TD>08/03</TD><TD>??/??</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>??kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>KC</TD><TD>14/03</TD><TD>03/03</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>3.530kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheese</TD><TD>15/03</TD><TD>17/02</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>2.620kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Folic</TD><TD>18/03</TD><TD>02/03</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Baby Yi Xuan</TD><TD>2.770kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Friesbandit</TD><TD>18/03</TD><TD>06/03</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Ignatius</TD><TD>3.330kg
new.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD>Ohmigosh</TD><TD>20/03</TD><TD>24/02</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Baby Ashley</TD><TD>2.290kg </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table></font>

254682.gif
<font size="+2"><font color="119911"><font face="Trebuchet MS">*~*~*~*~*MIA*~*~*~*~</font></font></font>
<font face="Trebuchet MS"><table border=1><tr><td>UserName</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winnie</TD><TD>14-Feb</TD><TD>40++</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vig</TD><TD>17-Feb</TD><TD>40++</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Skinnyma</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD>40++</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>-- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lilac</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD>40++</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>-- </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table></font></font>

Hi Elle, I'm also wonder how old i s Dr Ang. Think is around 40+ lah hor? The drip is induced lor. I think his son is about 5 or 6 years old leh. Cos that time I went for checkup, his son called hahaha... I'll be going for my follow up checkup on 24 Mar. BTW Elle, I'm going to stop BFing and will give full formula milk to my gal.

My BB's shower is tomorrow
happy.gif

Elle, you were asking me abt choz. Check out their website www.chozconfectionery.com

FYI,
I found that the milk flow from Avent teat is very fast &amp; sometimes, my girl has problem swallowing the milk. So I got hubby to buy the teats with smaller hole
happy.gif

btw gals
I think someone post this question before but I couldnt seem to trace the posting liao.

How to count baby full month? Says, born on 24 Feb, meaning the full month will be on 24 Mar? Or we need to count 30 days from the day bb is born?

Also,is confinement technically ends the same day as baby full month right?
uhoh.gif

Hi lbs,
Heheh! Our baby same birthday remember?!
We'll be doing the 1 mth celebration on 25th March (Good Friday), i.e. 1 lunar mth (16th day).

**I think** u can choose either 24th March (ie 1 mth) or 25th March (ie 1 lunar mth). Anyway the 25th Mar was decided by MIL.

Hi Wenn,
R there teats with smaller hole from Avent? Mine is already the smallest i think. Where to get? Wat is it labelled as? Cos my girl also same problem...and teats from other brands cannot fit the Avent bottles
uhoh.gif

Hi Ocean,
I dreamt that i went to the Chinese medicine hall to buy the barley (for jaundice)..&amp; dunno why, saw them selling big frogs..&amp; the shop-owner say good for confinement.
lol.gif
I think i'm getting crazy!

hi omg
yups, our bb having same bday..
happy.gif

My MIL will be going back to distribute the red eggs,ang ku kuehs etc on 23 Mar..she said have to do it earlier bo...
uhoh.gif

Here, we intend to have a mini buffet at home lor..anyone has any recommendation of nice caterer huhh?

Ur dream so cute..hahaha

OMG, the smallest teats from Avent are the ones labelled 0m+, if you look closely, there will be a '1' at the base of the teat. I find it's the best for breastfed babies. As for baby suckling for less time.. yes! My baby used to suckle 45 mins each side when he was newborn. Now it's down to less than 10 at times. Don't forget your milk flow is getting faster
happy.gif
My boy doesn't drink much either. Perhaps 45ml for some feeds? And he's already 2.5 months! So dont' worry.. baby knows what he/she needs.

Elle, just stay relaxed yah?? You need to let baby suckle as much as he wants to establish milk flow. It's still not too late. Besides, bfeeding is easier than sterilising all those darn bottles!
happy.gif

haha omg your dream cracked me up!
emma's rash on her face is very very bad now! poor thing...i think it's almost completely covered by little red bumps and feels very rough...i dunno what to do, then must still sun her so can't keep her cool. By the way, how long do u sun your jaundiced babies? Only in the mornings or whole day?

Hi Tiny
Ray has also develop some rashes on his neck
sad.gif
I think must be due to the hot weather..I am applying some powder lor..hopefully will get better..

I only sun him for abt 10 mins in the morning, usually arnd 8+

Hi Catz,
Thanks. I think the Avent teat that i bought is the smallest liao..but still seems to be flowing a bit fast
lame.gif
My HB dun seem to have any problems feeding her though..maybe i'm just too protective.
biggrin.gif

Hi Tiny,
Do u place Emma on those changing mats? It's very hot..maybe that could be part of the problem?
I just realized yday..so now i put only Ashley's bottom on the mat..her body direct on the mattress. Ashley is also having some rashes at her neck liao
sad.gif

BTW,
Ashley has been bringing up milk ~1/2-1hr after every feed. Amt is abt 1-2 teaspoons..there was twice with slightly larger amts. She dun always burp after her feeds. She's never had this problem of regurgitation b4 leh..only these 2 days. Is it a concern?
sad.gif

Was wondering whether it's because of her blocked nose causing her to swallow more air &amp; she's more cranky these days...can't help feeling worried, although HB is very relaxed abt it
uhoh.gif

hi OMG, Ignatius has also started bringing up milk. i scared he choke on it in his sleep. is it coz they didn't burp well? i try to drip Infacol before i BF him...but still like dat.

got question: how often do your babies wake up during the nite for feeds/change diapers etc? i find myself getting out of bed every hr leh...v siong. try to feed him more each time so dat it'll last longer, but he v stubborn. drink how much he wants, then un-latch and refuse to open mouth. sigh. like a lot of mommies, i kinda miss the days when he was still in my tummy.

hi omigosh, hehe got back to the forum n found ur dream very "ke yan" :p

regurgitation is pretty common, as long bb not vomiting can liao.. alyssa does tat when she hiccups or after some of her feeds..

lbs, alyssa also have rashes n it was more on one side under her neck n shoulders.. PD gave cream but seemed to make it worse so we didn't use. what we do is when she sleeps on one side to long, we try to shift her head to the other side.. to air her neck.. it helps coz her rashes going away liao..

hehe as for caterer, neo garden &amp; four seasons(halal), their mini buffet is nice.

elle, hehe mi looking @ www.one-joy.com to give to relatives

OMG, i went to check with hubby liao. He said he bought the No.1 teat... I think during feed, have to hold baby higher. When we breastfeed, babies' jaws tend to work harder as they have to suck harder. Once on bottle, the flow is very fast, so they can't handle it.

Friesbandit, we both delivered on the same day! Oh, i just learned this morning not to let baby lie flat on her back after a feed. This will cause milk to backflow out. Also, must burb them b4 placing them on their backs or else they will vomit milk later...

Hahaa...<font color="0000ff">OMG</font>, ur dream is so funny!
kao_happy.gif
But isnt it great, buy barley for BB, still got <font color="119911">frog</font> for confinement!!
biggrin.gif
very "bu" hor!
lame.gif
Jia you, ur "jail term" will be over soon!!
lol.gif

Hey, Baby Ashley is also premature BB hor? Is Ashley borned at 36wks like my ones?
uhoh.gif
Faor the Avent treats, i think the smallest is size 1 for Birth.
happy.gif

hey tiny, my boy also getting bad rashes and pimple-like bumps on the face, head and neck. i just brought him to get his first shave today and saw alot more rashes on the head. i think he is alot cooler now and the rashes dun seem so red now.

friesbandit, my boy is very difficult to burp. so what we have resorted to do is to feed more frequent, smaller feeds. he still bring up milk sometimes... but less liao..

hi all,
i thk it's quite scary to see bb bring up milk right?

haha! didn't know my dream can cheer u all up...i tot it was pretty weird
crazy.gif

hi Ocean,
yeah, ashley is slightly premie at 36wks. ur bb too? how heavy was ur bb at birth? ashley's a tiny 2.29kg..hope now bigger/heavier liao..haven weighed though. i can't wait for this confinemt to end...then can bath &amp; wash hair every day..now only bath once in 2 days, feel so unhygienic!

here's a pic of baby ashley..i'm quite bad at taking pics of her
lame.gif

259228.jpg

hi all, where to get the nasal thingy to clear bb's nose ?

hehe by the way, isetan n seiyu having little tots sale. some things r cheaper than warehouse sale :p

omigosh, yah it was scary initially until we realise it was not vomiting, PD explained to us then we had a better picture... coz alyssa did vomitted everytime when she had jaundice, drink0ml vomit i tink 25-30ml...

hehe ur bb ashley look so cute
kao_blush.gif
i trying to snap a pix :p realise alyssa dun stay still when photo taking :p

hi omg, i don't put her on changing mats leh. she sleeps in her cot - just the bed sheet. sometimes i even turn on the air con to keep the room temperature down, cos the window is open and it can get very hot.

and yes, emma does regurgitate sometimes, a bit like what u describe. and it only started when she was 4 weeks old.

ashley looks so cute, like so small in the huge bouncy net!
happy.gif

doll, i ordered all my gifts from joy culture. it was really nice and everyone loved them!
happy.gif
highly recommended. moreover, the chocolates and toffees are really delicious...and the kids loved the lollies.

we decided to bring forward her pd appt to tomorrow morning, now that besides the jaundice thingey, her rash seems to be getting worse. sigh, i hope her jaundice has gone down. really don't wanna stop bf-ing her, even if it's just temporarily. these few days, she's a lot happier drinking directly than from the bottle.

Back