(2005/02) Feb/Mar 2005 Babies

Congrats to Doll!!
happy.gif

Wow, her labour is really very short and without epidural some more... Sooo envious.

lbs,

me also leh.. going to gyne check up later.. scared of the cervix check.. hope i can tahan the pain..

Tomorrow i shall come in and update you
happy.gif

Stephie,

Not very sure what you mean.. paiseh..
can you email me to explain further? [email protected]

Awaiting your email!
happy.gif

aiyo Joyce...hahaha..nvm, we see how first..now first priority is to get our bbs OUT safe & sound!
rofl.gif

Hi Stephie
Thought you went popped liao..hehehe
No problem....let me see when I signed up hor...emmm.. 8 Feb 2005..

Elle, you signed up before 8 Feb 2005? If yes, then like what Stephie has suggested, I can give your name & NRIC to my sales rep & you can enjoy the referral incentive of $100...
happy.gif

ok, gotcha go...will update you gals after my visit..

Hi Joyce,
Don't have leh. Seeing all the new mummies potong jalan, I begin to feel anxious leh. Hehe.. our names on top of the list now
lame.gif

Hi lbs,
No lah, still around. No time to post cos busy with work.

Hi Elle,
I'll email you later cos now gotta pack off and go home liao. Maybe tonight I'll email you, if not tomorrow morning, k?
happy.gif

See? Another one jumping the queue again..
sad.gif

Ohmigosh was admitted to KKH, already 2 cm dilated. And her doctor will observe and see if will deliver by tml.

Let's wish her a smooth delivery.
happy.gif

hi gals
just back from gynae check..

huh omg 1cm dilated & admitted liao?

Hey, done my cervix check ler, I AM 2.5CM DILATED!!!! how come still no sign?????!!!!!!!

btw, very uncomfortable now after the check...a bit spotting...but good thing is my GBS all clear!! hurray!

hi gals
just back from gynae check..

huh omg 2cm dilated & admitted liao?

Hey, done my cervix check ler, I AM 2.5CM DILATED!!!! how come still no sign?????!!!!!!!

btw, very uncomfortable now after the check...a bit spotting...but good thing is my GBS all clear!! hurray!

hi bluebell/stephie, i know how it feels...at this point you just want to see your little one so much! Soon, soon!
happy.gif
Stephie, how do u know she resembles me? haha...yeah, everyone says she looks like me. my baby photos look exactly like her. i think it's the face shape and lips/chin. her nose is more like daddy's though.

omg, OMG! So excited for you! Your time has finally come!
happy.gif
Wishing u a safe & smooth delivery! Quick update us asap!

Hi Elle,
I've emailed you liao. Check it out
happy.gif

Hi Tiny,
Hee... I've seen your photo on the net mah. You modelled for your cousin right?
happy.gif

Hi Ohmigosh,
Wish you have (or already had) a smooth delivery. Looking forward to hearing your birth story soon.

Hi lbs,
Oh, you've also dilated ah? Then anytime will pop liao loh. I oso don't know if I've dilated or not cos never done any cervix check so far.

Hi Joyce,
Seems like we just have to wait patiently for our turn to pop loh...
lame.gif

hi girls

i m back!! went to the hospital on 16th feb after posting my last msg. popped on 17th feb. bb is 2.635kg but healthy (which is a great relief!)

birth story:
16/2
12nn: went to hospital and was strapped on CTG to monitor heartbeat

1330: doc came, regular contractions of 5 mins apart, but only 0.5cm dilated (still!!)

1345: decided to induce

1600: tablet inserted 2 hrs ago, contractions became more intense, but managable. so decided to go to the ward to wait

1700: doc came in to say that he will put in second tablet at 0200 cos he does not think i will dilate so quickly

2000: contractions became 1-2 mins apart and bb's heart beat dropped. was sent to delivery ward to monitor immediately

2300: contraction pain became unbearable. but as i was not dilated enuff to break my waterbag, epidural cannot be administered. asked for the injection on the thigh out of desperation.

17/2
0430: waterbag broke by itself. doc told me that after this, cervix will dilate abt 1cm per hr. so asked for epidural immediately.

0515: anesthetist arrived

0530: epidural procedure completed

0600: nurse checked cervix and announced that I M READY TO PUSH!!!

0635: doc arrived

0645: bb arrived

sorry huh, abit loh soh... but that was just the gist of it....

gtg. will chat with you girls again soon. to all the MTBs waiting for your turn..... your turn will come SOON!!!

All the best!!! :D

Hi gals
I think my first sign finally came?
emmm..but how to differentiate 'show with the blood' & creamy discharge with blood" huhh? since I am having some light bleeding from yesterday cervix check & gynae inserted a antibiotics for my fungus infection...she told me will have some discharge later....

anyway, wake up arnd 6am & went toilet. Then, saw a chunk of pinkish blood thingy came out..
After that, having stomach upset...kinna of like wanna poo-poo...went toilet..done my business..another chunk came out......emmm..tummy still a bit upset but no crampy feel ler?

How? aiyo~~
uhoh.gif

lbs,
I think it's time ler....dun worry so much..u still around or have gone to the hospital? Good luck...hope u can see ur bb soon after the long wait

hi kristen
still hanging arnd..still no 'pain' ler..the most is a bit of 'ci-ci' feel at the pelvic area....scared later admit too early or false alarm...who knows, the chunky thingy may be just my discharge 'wrap' with some blood?
rofl.gif

will wait for another half an hr or so...then call gynae...hahahaa...

Hi!lbs,

Your BB arriving to this world soon!..
Faster go hospital liao if you've not..

Jia you!.. We look forward to hear good news from you..

Good luck!
happy.gif

Hi elle

I wish I have more 'signs'to determine..
ok..going to take a walk at the park..see if any signs of 'contractions'....
happy.gif

Hi! lbs,

Oei.. you still around ah?
Hows your cervix check yesterday? is it painful? Mine is so painful till i scream "pain! pain!".. and my gyne commented your BB's head is so much bigger than my finger so you better be mentally prepared.. *urggg*.. Dunno leh.. jus feel that the cervix check is so uncomfy..kinda like force his fingers in..

Anyway very disappointed leh.. I'm 0 cm dilated.. and not engage
sad.gif
Think my BB is getting really comfy inside and doesn't wish to come out so early.. me getting abit impatient liao..esp i see so many of you have gone delivery.. i can't wait to hug my BB..

Oh yah.. i've signed up b4 8/Feb but i wonder they let us give referral name so late leh..Anyway lets try lah hor.. Whats your email?
I email you my name and u give Stephie your name and ic.

Gals,

For those who are delivering at TMC, latest news is TMC is going to raise their hosp/delivery price. My gyne likes to save $ for patient so once he got the 1st hand info he start to disseminate out to patient. Those deliver after 1/March wld be affected.. think my BB wld not come out by 1/March
sad.gif

Mayb thats why my gyne say he wish that i cld deliver early.. How to coaz BB to come out soon where i'm not even dilated..

Ohmigosh has jumped alot of our Q leh.. heehee..
Lets wish her a smooth delivery and hopefully her labour hours wld be short..
happy.gif

I guess by now her BB already born!

Hi Elle,
I'm one of those whose BB prob won't come out before March and deliver at TMC. My gynae has recommended to look at MAH to save some $$$. I haven't been to MAH before so we were told to arrange for a visit.

Mommies who have delivered at MAH, how are the nurses and services?

KC, Joyce,
My gynae said BB 3 kg at 37 weeks... head down but not engaged still. so i don't think so fast. But I have told gynae that if BB's not out by 11 Mar, I will want to be induced and give birth by 13 March... hehehe

lbs,
think your baby's coming! all the best...
kao_happy.gif

hi elisa,
as far as i know the increase in price is confirmed but how much for each item is not. but i understand the increase for caesearan birth would be at least 200 plus more. tat's all i can get from my gynae. room rates will increase too as well as other costs.

Ibs,
I think u better call your gynae immediately and prepare to go to hospital soon! U are already 2.5cm dilated yesterday. Hope you and Ohmigosh have a smooth delivery.

Elle, the cervix check painful urgh? I will be checking next week... scared scared leh.

Joyce, u done yr cervix check by JT last week rite? How is it, painful or not? I saw him yesterday and my bb is now abt 3.1kg at 37 weeks. He was saying, you so skinny but luckily yr bb is not small...hehe

Scarydoggie,
Oh..Yr bb head still not engaged yet. How come u want to induce earlier & also any special reason on Mar 13?

Elle,

will you consider to change hospital as TMC going to increase the hospital and delivery charges? I opt for 2 bedded, what about you?

My EDD is same as yours, my gynae said I will be deliver within this or next week. I think I will still deliver at TMC, dont want to make any changes at last minute.

Btw, care to change contact number? we can jia you for each other in TMC, hehe. You can email me at: [email protected]

Hi kc,
ya lor my bb still not engaged. must be our psycho-ing him to come later so that it will be over my hubby's busy period...

mar 13 is my mom's bday. will be nice to share bday with grandma. hehehe

hi elisa,

No leh.. i don't have the details of their increase..mayb you can go into their website and see whether got latest update or not..Gynes wld have the 1st hand info, perhaps you cld ask your gyne as well.
But according to my gyne, he told me that the increase is not that much if you've gone thru normal delivery..but if you've complication or by c-section(of course hope not) the chrgs are much higher liao.. even the FBI card cannot cover much.. As he also helps to deliver at Mt Alvernia so he ask me to decide whether to stay put at TMC or MT A.
He said singled bedded room wld have a much higher increase in price than the other 2/4 bedded rooms.

Scarydoggie,

Oh your gyne also said that ah?
Me too never been to MAH b4. But i heard that their service not bad. Could those who've delivered at MAH b4 dun mind sharing with us hows their service over there?
I purposely went for the hosp tour at TMC but now gotta go MAH to see see look look liao.. Dunno whether MAH got hosp tour or not hor?

wow your BB is 3kg at 37weeks ah?.. Mine is 2.8kg at 38 weeks i already scared BB wld put on more weight by the due date..with my small built i'm afraid i'll be very difficult to give birth ah.. My cervix not dilated yet even though i'm in my 38weeks so i got worried whether if still not dilated in weeks time wld gyne suggest induction.

hi KC,

Ya lor.. the cervix check is so painful to me.. i didn't expect gyne to insert his fingers so deeply.. kinda feel like touching my BB's head liao..
Pap smear is nothing if compare to this check..
I start to shrink my muscle when he do the check and legs are abit nump after that..

hi elle,
yup yup. my gynae said same thing as ur gynae. the extras are in the exceptional deliveries like c-section and hospital room charges.. he asked me to call mah to see if got hosp tour. i haven't call yet...

i'm amazonian size, so hor bb ok. gynae said good weight for bb. not to worry, i'm sure ur delivery will be soon! as you r already 38th weeks...
wink.gif

hi scarydoggie,

i birthed at MAH. I've got nothing but praises for the services there. The hospital is a bit old but it's ok. I was first given a very small single room cos they were all occupied that morning and they were very apologetic about it and they switched me as soon as a room was available.
The nurses are very pro-bfeeding and were a great help. There's a patient care exec would will make her rounds in the morning to find out if everything is ok. Overall, i had a very good stay there.

hi scraydoggie & elle,
thanks for the information, will check with my gynae this coming chkup on saturday. i hope there wouldn't be too much increment, dun really want to change hospital last minute.

scarydoggie, good that your gynae said your baby is of good weight. im pretty concern on my baby's weight. she weighing 3kg at 35.4weeks, and my gyane said my baby is big. now i trying to 'control' my diet so that baby can be delivered normal way which i opt for from the beginning...wouldn't want to have c-section, especially now they adding extras on such deliveries.

hi gals,
this thread moved v fast yesterday.

Congrats to Doll on the arrival of your bb gal!!!
happy.gif

hi scarydoggie & elle,
i gave birth at MAH too and second babygrace's opinion of MAH. they are v pro breastfeeding. they will bring the bb to you at nite for feeds and a lactation consultant will visit you every morning to assist you in breastfeeding. the nurses are v helpful too and will call upon u to ask if u wanna join any of their classes available during your stay. if i'm not wrong, MAH assigns rooms on first-come-first-serve basis so i was lucky to get a v big delivery suite and a v big single room all to myself. i think the best part shld be the bill size lah. the hospital charged me $1250 for my 3 day stay there with my hb bunking in, and $344 for my bb's stay. i didn't list down the doctors' charges here cos they differ from doctor to doctor.

Hi everyone
happy.gif

Congrats Jannie!!

lbs, so you're 2.5cm dilated liao, congratulations!! So anytime from now, you will be popping soon!

Hi KC, Yah. Done my cervix check last week. Will be doing today again. For me, it's not painful, just a lil' bit uncomfy only. Just feel relax, as it's just a few seconds of procedure only.

Hi scarydoggie, so my baby is the *biggest* size among 3 of us lah, keke... but glad that everything is well.
happy.gif

Hi Elle, I had the same situation with you, 0cm dilated when I'm in my 38th week. So now counting on today, see whether already dilated anot? Very *Gei Sim*... Our bb is super comfy inside.

242137.gif
<font color="ff6000"><font face="Trebuchet MS"><blink><u><font size="+1">Congrats to all our Mommies to be in 2005!!</font></u>
242141.gif
</blink></font></font>

242138.gif
<font face="Trebuchet MS"><font color="0000ff">Updated as @ wk 24-Feb</font>
<font face="Trebuchet MS"><table border=1><tr><td>UserName</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyce</TD><TD>1-Mar</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stephie</TD><TD>1-Mar</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>lbs</TD><TD>2-Mar</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Seiko</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elle</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wenn</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluebell</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>KC</TD><TD>14-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Scarydoggie</TD><TD>14-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elisa</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Folic</TD><TD>18-Mar</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Friesbandit</TD><TD>18-Mar</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ribena</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ohmigosh</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fatmtb</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lee-Tung</TD><TD>23-Mar</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Butterscotch</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kristen</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bonnygal</TD><TD>27-Mar</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Olivetree</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl</td></tr></table></font>

242139.gif
<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000"><font face="Trebuchet MS">*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Popped*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*</font></font></font><font face="Trebuchet MS"><table border=1><tr><td>UserName</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Pop Date</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Baby's weight </TD></TR><TR><TD>HappyBuns</TD><TD>28/01</TD><TD>29/01</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Marcus</TD><TD>2.405kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Steamboat</TD><TD>02/02</TD><TD>03/02</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>3.300kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tiny</TD><TD>05/02</TD><TD>30/01</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD>Baby Emma</TD><TD>2.775kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Keruri</TD><TD>12/02</TD><TD>02/02</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Baby Gwyneth</TD><TD>3.280kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babygrace</TD><TD>14/02</TD><TD>02/02</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Baby Joshua Kyle</TD><TD>2.410kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Litebreeze</TD><TD>15/02</TD><TD>05/02</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Jovan</TD><TD>3.005kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Well</TD><TD>17/02</TD><TD>04/02</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Baby Lucas</TD><TD>2.795kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jannie</TD><TD>24/02</TD><TD>17/02</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>2.635kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Qdee</TD><TD>24/02</TD><TD>17/02</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Nayli</TD><TD>3.160kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babyvon</TD><TD>27/02</TD><TD>18/02</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>3.700kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lyn_baby</TD><TD>27/02</TD><TD>15/02</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>3.240kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Laugh</TD><TD>06/03</TD><TD>17/02</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>3.000kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Doll</TD><TD>06/03</TD><TD>23/02</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>2.610kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snowpooher</TD><TD>07/03</TD><TD>15/02</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Jolene</TD><TD>2.860kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheese</TD><TD>15/03</TD><TD>17/02</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>2.620kg </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table></font>

242140.gif
<font size="+2"><font color="119911"><font face="Trebuchet MS">*~*~*~*~*MIA*~*~*~*~</font></font></font>
<font face="Trebuchet MS"><table border=1><tr><td>UserName</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winnie</TD><TD>14-Feb</TD><TD>40++</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vig</TD><TD>17-Feb</TD><TD>40++</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Skinnyma</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>-- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lilac</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>-- </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table></font></font>

hi babygrace, keruri,
thanks for the feedback! i will call MAH and see if they accomodate a hospital visit.
happy.gif

Hi joyce,
hope to hear gd news from you after ur checkup tonite!!!!
wink.gif

Hi Elle,
TMC going to increase charges starting March ar? Then confirmed I will kena lor....my colleague who went to see Dr Ang yesterday told me abt the price increase...Now i am sure he will discourage me from taking the single bedded. Coz my hubby going to tell him tomorrow that we will want to take up single bedded instead of double bedded.

hehe..if the price increase is so much then i will consider MAH
happy.gif

hi joyce,

so you going for another check up today?.. hope today you've already dilated liao..
I wonder how cld we tell if we r dilated if gyne never check for us *scratch head*..

Wow if lbs give birth liao.. u'll be lagi 'Gei Sim' ah.. heehee.. never mind lah i'm sure your BB is coming out real soon..

Hi! Jannie,

Thanks for login in to share with us your birth story.. After reading your 'story' i got worried leh.. cos i consider dilate very late liao.. dunno whether wld gyne also induce me..

Keruri,

Another good feedback on MAH. Thanks!

Scarydoggie,

Dun mind update me on the hosp tour in MAH (if they have)? Thanks!

Yah lor Elle, if lbs pop b4 me, I'll be super gei sim ah... hmmm.. btw, dun think gynae can tell that we're dilated w/o touching us... haha
happy.gif

Maybe lbs in hospital liao leh..

yo jannie>>
Congrats on hearing ur BB arriving liao@!!

so long never hear from lbs liao...>>
i think she is on the delivery ward liao ...
252921.gif

hi hi to Mothers in confinement / have been thru confinement b4>>
Do you drink plain water... I was sick for past few days, and doc asked me wat i been drinking...so i told him :"hot milo,hot milk, hot dates tea" then he said i dehydrated...and asked me to drink more plain water woh!! then i told him abt tummy bloated and water retention if i were to drink plain water during confinement... he said no lah... but western docs always says everything can....
how bout u gals.... do u drink plain water... though, now i do drink alot of Hot plain water loh...
252922.gif
but still worried tummy bloated...then how...

Hi well,
Did you have confinement food like those chicken cooked with ginger? I heard ginger is to 'qu feng'/get rid of excessive air during confinement.

hi KC>>
ya, i did eat lots of confinement food. and lots of ginger... my MIL even squash tons of ginger and make into soup and make me finish....yucks.... but the thing is plain water... now i drink alot...though hot plain water la

hi well,
i do take plain water but at most 2 glasses a day. the rest are red dates tea, milo and anmum milk. dun worry abt the bloated tummy, what's impt is to get well first. hope u recover soon.

anyway, if u feel that u hv alot of wind, u can try malay massage to get rid of the wind.

joyce,

Think most likely her BB out liao.. heehee..
The whole afternoon never see her 'report' here.. very high chance already given birth
happy.gif

Hope she will sms you with good news soon!

hi poohy,

wow you always suddenly pop by in this thread!..
How r u getting on lately?.. U also delivering soon huh?.. I recall you mention that u keep having mild contractions huh.. do you foresee u wld deliver earlier?

So have you decide where wld you be delivering?

Take care ya..

Back