(2004/12) Year 2004 December Mummies

892632.jpg

carnellin,
thanks, received in good condition

rochelle, carnellin,
in fact i fear the day when i have to go back to france esp when i am fr a closely knitted family. but at least US & s'pore is english speaking.

page boy costume,
ju is helping to be page boy in oct, what do they normally wear ? and where can i get it. now with this big belly, i donot shop anymore, thats why need to get most ready info online. thanks

foreign lang,
any one teaching their little ones foreign lang ?

LL,
She is soooo cute!!! she can join the "Live yr dreams" thingy coming up!!
will prob enrol josh at berries. i m trying tian sia on fri for trial class.

jen,
yr photo is very sharp!! very gd skills!

joann
page boy aka ring bearer at weddings?? i hv a full tux for josh if u wanna borrow..
happy.gif

rochelle,
i sumtimes feel so helpless if my mom is not free to help ard.. i cant imagine being overseas w/o help.. :S

Joann,

we are considering letting our boys learn french when they are older as its a commonly offered foreign language in school here. also because my hubby likes Canada more so if he gets a job there sure will go. both me and hubby learn deutsch(german) in university as a hobby.

there is a lot of chinese where I am staying so I get to speak both chinese and english and a little cantonese.

the thing I dont like most is not working so its stressful counting $$$ for every thing that I buy.

carnellin,

I am thinking of asking my mum to bring a few bottles of Robovites over as the liquid would have problem in customs. I tried robovites samples before when I worked part time at a GP
happy.gif
my parents are a few minutes walk from Guardian Pharmacy. thanks

swim diapers?

I sign my boys up for water safety class at YMCA and they need the kids to be in swim diapers, the disposable kind is not acceptable. any recommendations?

carnellin,
Receive the sanitisers.
THANKS ALOT
kao_smile.gif

HUGS... you have us ladies here!

rochelle,
your boys are cute
happy.gif

Ur hb dun approve of dora cos mexican orientation? why har? whats 'wrong' with that?

nordic natural CLO.
the liquid form is actually more concentrated than capsules.
R took their liquid ones since she turns 1+.
she likes it but i hate it.

ethel,
are your boys in mandarin enrichment classes?
can share its 'effectiveness'?
I was keen to enrol R in one but schedule cant fit. So as I wait, I think. once a week only (since I cant afford more) will it help if we dont reinforce it at home? But i have heard how interesting some of these classes are and it has done wonders even if its once weekly.
Dilemma.

Phonic books.
unless parents are particular, it makes no difference. but since most of us grew up spelling the Brit way, guess we are more comfy with it. even national exams now accept either spelling. no longer particular. and the brit themselves are revising the eng lang periodically, addin new words or throwing away redundancy.
but that said, I am still more comfy and uses BR spelling.

Jen,
see fireworks never chio us
sad.gif

LL,
steff looks real cool in dark shades.

No need upcoming la.. she IS already a star.(erm. I applaud your 'bravery' at getting steff a drum set. I can't even tahan R electronic 'noisemaker' aka a kiddy organ which plays christmas music occasionally. but I am just glad la bamda or hokkien classic 'must fight than can win' doesnt stream from it.)

joann,
would love to but I dont speak a 3rd lang per se.
(don think singlish counted?) so afraid R might struggle. I mean, shes already speaking weird undecipherable mandarin.
but i know of some kids who pick up a 3rd lang since young, though their parents dont speak it.
heard french is very difficult? they have male and female for even non living nouns?

lach,
french is tough with this male female thingy, even i am confused. but i do know of parents learning 3rd lang with their child via vcds, songs. i think its a pity if the child is not exposed to a 3rd lang when they are young as they are like sponge. then again, speaking mandarin as a 2nd lang already there is a prob how to have a 3rd lang. my hubby came back with a few french books, i am getting him to speak in a recorder so that i can learn the accent more closely.

ju was so funny. after his papa does his story reading in french which he hardly understand, he will then turn to be and say, mama read in english !!

Lachesiz,
thank you, your kindness really warm my heart
happy.gif

LL,
ur gal pics always brings smile. so cute and active.. i wonder what she'll become..hmm a multitalented entertainer? heehee..

Rochelle,
bringing liquid in the lugage i guess wont be a prob, i dont know about the state but i'm taking those vit on a trip to bkk, and hubby bring liquids in bottle in lugage to brussles also fine..
but its a big no no to bring in hand lugage..
but you can check on the airport website.. i may have heard if it is a human medicine it might be a prob, but vitamin.. never heard its not allowed..

cellin's language,
currently mixed between bahasa, english and last but def not least mandarin... hahahaa.. and thank goodness she off with dora now, she used to say 1-10 and other simple thing in spanish..ola comprenito..
happy.gif

joann,
at first i was so excited moving to singapore, new culture, new food etc.. but after a while.. it feels good to have all ur loved ones share those things also...

france oh la la.. wonder when we can go there.. hubby dislike their food thou.. hahahahaaa he'll be having home sick a lottt..

Lach, I went for the rehearsal, how to jio? This weekend got NDP preview... you can organise fireworks gathering!! hahaha...
happy.gif

carnellin....I HOPE SOOO.....so I wld be a celebrity mom...yum cha...shopping....wow!!!! (dreaming....
proud.gif
) Hei, I had x'fer $ to ur account...will take 3 working days...

Lac...she follows BJ...dark shades on the drum set. If u notice, I only have one piece of drum and kept the other 2drums....NOISE LEVEL...bobian...daddy says good for working out her coordination...

Jen..good idea...where?? How abt going for an evening picnic then wait for the fireworks...eh, how long wld the wait take...huh ?

joann,
Ju so cute! Does his papa converse in french to him?
echo carnellin.. "france oo lala.. wonder when we can go there."
happy.gif

carnellin,
happy.gif
on the contrary, my kid loves Dora. she doesn't watch the cartoon but loves dora books n her doll house
happy.gif

The books spurs her interest in reading by herself and reading aloud.

jen,
haha.. i am a fan of fireworks but not a huge fan of crowded places.

LL,
haha. u remove the other drums. smart.
but if she can drum, why not?
rem that kiddo who busk outside paragon?
he was a crowd magnet.

lach,
his papa tries to but always end up english. its me who is making an effort to teach him. i think he learn more french fr me. ha ha

R can read aloud? R never fail to amaze me. ju cant even recognise his abcs.

in fact, i tell my hubby so stress with all these phonics stuff, we all learn to speak after sometime right, why so troublesome.

joann,
its a must to taught ur boy france.. hahahaha its a gals magnet...

LL,
noted, and thank you..

Lach,
cellin now loves pinky dinky doo, she even dance hearing the movie start at 2.30pm daily at little KC..

ice cream..
i have this huge craving with ice cream.. in bkk there's one called ice stone (ice cream from new york if i not mistaken) color bright blue (my favorite) taste soooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooooooddddddd... even thou its said cotton candy its not that sweet, i dont like ice cream that too sweet like B&J.. or S one...

why they dont have branches in singapore... i only ate twice there but stil want more more and more... cellin also like it (like children ever refuse ice cream?!)

NDP,
wow singapore govern really try to make it huge this time isn't it?

LL, haha... ur special place this year cannot view oredi right...

Lach, a good place is padang or esplanade park... but you are right, will be very crowded...

carnellin,

good idea on the girl's magnet, french is such a beautiful lang. i remembered i delivered my wedding speech in french, til today my colleague is so impressed with it. but of cos not as fluent as the french.

ju doesnt like ice cream becos its too cold. but he loves chocolate

carnellin
talk abt ice cream.. jus found this place.. ice cream chefs.. their ice cream made daily.. not too sweet, n they use fresh meiji milk.. josh fav.. the bad news is... its located at east coast rd.. :S
http://ieatishootipost.blogspot.com/search/label/Ice%20Cream

lach
hv not signed up for berreis yet.. but intend to. josh likes his class n i think he picks up fast too.. better once a week than none at all..

good morning ladies!

just wondering how many of you got any recommendation for cheap and good:
1. durian
2. karaoke

hehehe...

ethel,
thank u, will def try my best to take hubby there, funny, before we move to singapore he always say how small singapore is, (smaller than jakarta) so we will go everywhere in singapore easily, now
angry.gif
even orchard he found it too far...

joann,
cellin also picky in ice cream, she refuse S and B&J, her favorite are those korean and japanese ice cream the U one, she loves green tea ice cream and want to eat all by herself, even when mommy ask she said NO, with her hand to my face..

rochelle,
i just live like an hour an half away from my fam already this sad, if i live in US or europe and my fam must travel so far to be with me
uhoh.gif
i wouldnt know i feel....
but we do use webcam so we can see each other.. heehee.. do u use them too? for me its better when homesick come :p...

ethel
i tried ice cream chef before. i think they have a shop in the east.
they came to my office for a demo the other time.
ok only lor. and their ice cream is not too costly

carnellin,

we use MSN messenger with Video, using logitech webcam. so far so good. my mum trying to get tickets to come over on National Day week. now waiting for confirmation of date from her.

Jen,

I could get them and mail them to u if its not urgent.

WW already using the Playtex Coolster64 Tumbler, 10oz for a few months because its hard to wash the straw cups clean.

LL
if u want to stay in kowloon, you can consider
Sheraton, inter-continental or Miramar.
All these are at the Tsim Sha Shui area and Sheraton , Miramar are both near MTR.
Inter-continental is near Ave of Stars, and there's abit of walking distances to the nearest MRT.

LL,

I stayed at Holiday Inn Express at Tsim Sha Shui and walking distance to MTR. the kowloon hotels are more pricey than the Tsim Sha Shui. and Kowloon shops close earlier so if u want to go shopping and eating til past midnight, Tsim Sha Shui is better to stay.

children's place jeans
happy.gif

my boy was wearing the jeans 3T size loose because I didnt realise can tighten. today will looking careful then realise got 6-7 buttonholes on each side of the zip for tightening the waistband. he is wearing both at the last buttonhole so now he can jump without jeans dropping. The Disney store jeans are also from The Children's Place

LL
did i mistaken your query?
your kowloon means you do not want to stay in HK island right?
If so... TSS is not at HK island

hi mommies,
been mia becos i'm feeling unwell, i even forced to left cellin alone and i'm taking a nap due to terrible headache.. and she can play her own kipper dvd, change the dvd when its done to another kipper..oh and last night i left the laptop on, and she can draw stuff using mouse, click here and there with her mickey mouse 'mouse', drawing at the disney program, i'm so impress with her work.. next time i'll save them and post it here
happy.gif
its really cute..

hongkong,
take me take me please heehee.. put me in lugage i wont make much fuss..

rochelle,
happen to me too once, until some time some sales lady told me it can be adjust.. duh :p

jen,
i love what u sent me, sometime we think too much and rely at our own strength..

LL,
try search at tripadvisor.com
when i went to bkk i search hotel there, its very informative and based on real tourist review especially traveling with kids, i dont want to ended staying at overpriced hotel that filled with cockroach (trust me i almost ended up there)..

it got from star rating, cleanliness, near to whatever u needed to know, price, etc..

Hei mommies...thanks sooooo much...will check out the hotels...

mngo..yup, I dont want to stay @HK side, prefer Kowloon-more activity "I think"- it's almost 10+yrs the last time I went there.
U very familiar with HK?? Any good recommendation-shopping + makan??

LL,

HK! love the food and shopping..
I prefer to stay at K/TSS too. Find HK island shopping and overall atmosphere somewhat similar to spore. though K/TSS considered a 'rougher' area?

Take me!

carnellin,
wow. cellin can use the pc!

rochelle,
yup..CP, ON, Gym etc .. thats why i prefer to buy bottoms with 'expandable waist' def more mileage
happy.gif

lach,
yes she even look so serious with her art work..

mommies....
i've won a trip for two to korea... i'm so happy...leaving this nov for all expense paid for 2 (i have to pay for cellin) yippieeeee

btw,
i know its still long but just wondering, hmm i'm thinking of planning cellin's bdae (we didnt celebrate her 2nd cause just moving here and still clueless who to invite) and maybe we wont be in singapore again at her next bdae,.. will any of you come
happy.gif
please.. heehee..
it wont be huge and glamourus :p but maybe i'll reserve a room in function room and you can also bring along your swim suit and have a wonderful time together..and yes def eat too, i already booked a plane (seats in the plane correction) for my mom and dad so they can help..i mean celebrate her bdae too.. my mom is a very good cook...
happy.gif

please consider to come cas i need to reserve the room and know how many of u will come (all i hope).. but i understand its dec so many will prob on leave.. but cellin's is in the 9th so?

carnellin,

sure, we will be happy to come !!

lach,

if induced, it will be in 2 weeks time. still waiting. ihavent even plan anything yet, not even my hospital bed

carnellin:
as long as my son's birthday celebration doesn't fall on the same date as cellin's, we'll be more than happy to attend!

and YOU ARE SO LUCKY to have won a holiday for 2 to korea!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

seoul trip,
thank u, i'm so happy my self and on my way back from school i took cellin for gloves shopping (hahahahaaaa, already so excited and wanted to pack up)...

cellin's bdae,
i'm thinking of 9th dec (sunday)..

joann,
i thought ur due yet..

mommies,
how bout next small gathering at joann's or hospital where she gave birth heehee...

cody,

i thought that you are in vietnam, you mia for sometime, hows the throat ??

well my last visit they say prob miscalculate after looking at the reading but still 2.7 to 3.3kg at 36 weeks but from his experience, it should be at least 3.3kg. so he is more keen to induce me at 38 weeks if the cervic is open as he prefers that the bebe not so big.

i am having bad nose bleed and shortness or breath. cant sleep at nite, always awake about at least 3 hrs. so zoombie now in the office.

joann,
wow and ur still working? is it true that maternity leave in singapore got longer?

r u okay? keep calm yah.. i'm also wishing u have a smooth delivery
happy.gif

carnellin,

i am self employed so no maternity leave. but i will take at least 3 mths off and another 3 mths of transition before going back to work officially.

today decided not to bring julien home, need to recuperate..

carnellin
what lucky draw u join?
happy.gif
so envious.. trip for 2 to korea.. i want to go there but hb say diff to bring kids.. u go n tell me k. when u going?

joann,
which hospital will u be in?
so exciting.. a new baby..
happy.gif

hi,
today is the 2nd day for natalie at the playgroup.
yesterday i accompanied her and she was fine, then last night i told her to stay there to play with others while i go for a walk. she said ok and indeed today i just waved bye bye to her and she didnt cry at all.
I peeped from window and saw her playing happily in the class. when i picked her up she also looked fine but was a bit quite. Just now my nanny told me she cried very loud later on in the day. She refused to talk to anyone and insisted to stand beside the gate. This is really unusual. And just now she told me she doesnt want to go to playgroup anymore
Why???? I dont think anything happened in playgroup today. As I stand outside the window most of the time and she didnt cry at all, and very participative in class. So really dont understand why.
Btw the playgroup is new, so most of the parents stayed with the kids, except nat & the other girl. So could it be the reason?? Haiz Im very worry now.

Back