(2004/12) Year 2004 December Mummies

elmo:
robinson road MPH closes at 7pm mon-fri, at 2pm on sat.
yes, they have many dora books there!

in case u are interested, OG (next to sim lim) has a Dora passport cover for just $1.90!

*hi-five!* same here, i still have to hold the milk bottle for dean else he won't drink.
he's held his bottle only ONCE, and that's because he and i were alone in the car, and i had to drive!

holding milk bottle,

my boys hold their milk bottle since they were 1yr old becos this mummy needs to push their stroller and cannot hold their bottle for them.

cody,

this lazy mummy actually wanted to get the stearns adult jacket for myself eventhough I could swim 50m without problem. my boys are going for water safety class at the end of the month at our nearby YMCA. I actually like the other life jacket buts its too KS to use in the swimming pool. more for water parks and beaches.

http://www.amazon.com/Stearns-Infants-Childs-Boating-Heads-Up/dp/B000NV9JNU/ref=sr_1_16/103-7620017-5896664?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1184347068&sr=1-16

diaperless at night,

yesterday my boy insist on wearing underwear to sleep. no more pull up pants for nights
sad.gif
told my hubby that lucky we have lots of baby bedsheets to change. he went potty before bed so only a little wet.

hi
may i ask if yr darling are still on diapers?? Josh still refuse to go diaperless.. did u hv to train them? or did they ask to not wear diapers?? any advise on how to train them?

LL,
For my kids to do their work. See below link
http://www.sensoryedge.com/chtaandchse.html

I plan to buy one for them because all the while theyre using our oval coffee table to do their work (study, arts and craft, homework and etc). It's certainly not suitable anymore because in front of TV. But now I cant decide the shape of the table.
sad.gif

Can anyone give me some advice please?

Ep,
Wilfred was completely diaperless for day and night. However, he still wets his pants during the night if we dont wake him up and carry him to toilet.
Seems like Josh is not ready yet, you must make sure that he is physically and emotionally ready for that, else it will becomes a long and frustrating process if you try to start it before he is ready.
Dont worry, he will eventually ask for diaperless on his own once he is ready. Give him time.

evelyn
so its a natural thingy? my only concern is tat he will neva ask to go diaperless.. what if it continues till 3 or 4yrs old? fainted! heard the girls are faster on tis aspect..
is wilfred diaperless now?

ju is diaperless by day as he informs if he need to pee or poo. or sometimes he is too engross at playing might have some "accidents". at nite still on diaper. he use to poo at the potty but i cant stand the smell and the inconvenience to emplty so tempted him to poo at the toilet bowl so he can flush and see the poo run away. he is very excited by it. but i still use the diaper when going out, too lazy to loook for toilet.

personally, no offence, i think potty training is s conscious effort. intially he resist and wants only diaper but we still perserver but not strong enough to make him detest it. start with training pants and bring him to potty every 1/2 hour.

diaper bag:
all mummies. thanks for your wonderful feedback. had gone thr so many websites with your ocntribution. finally bought the allerhand, as skiphop is more 1kg too. and i prefer to see what i buy than go through mail purchase. had made a few wrong purchases before thr that

hi mommies,
about toilet seat sanitizer, are we alowed to post liquid with mail?
just curious thou.. coz in indonesia we're not alowed to post liquid..
sad.gif

Joann,
will post them today..

ep,

in the states, potty training is a big thing. parents have to try and try until the kids are willing to be potty trained. if the kids are not potty train by nursery, than they can only go to childcare. so if the parents wants the kids to go to nursery school than they have to get them potty trained.

boys recommended age is 2yrs old, than if 1st attempt fail, try again in 3wks-1mth time. 2nd attempt fail than most parents will wait til 2yrs 6mths to try 3rd time. Like Joann said, for most parents it takes lots of effort to potty train. so some childcare would ask parents to pay more so that the child care would potty train the child for you as part of child care.

for parents who dont "force", they have kids who wear diapers in daytime until 5 and still uses a pacifer.

Rochelle,
o dear. think i hv to force it on him.. i tot its a natural thingy..:S

btw, i need to get a food caterer for Jedd's party. was wondering if any of u hv some caterter that u hv tried n wld recommend..
thks

hi ethel,

tried jessie catering at my friend's 2yr party. bee hoon is delicious and the pastries esp the ice cream ones are nice. its min 30pax at $6/pax. suitable for kids party. since its the season for strawberry, my fr also tried trays of them for the guest with grapes. its held by the pool so its very nice.

http://www.jessie.com.sg/

on potty training, jia you !!! can save the earth too. but dont be too stress, take it easy !!

ZOGGS,
Cody, saw Isetan Parkway selling this brand too. They are having 20% discount (almost storewide) now.

Joann,
Allerhand is nice! I can only drool. =d
Never mind if it's a tad heavy cos you will not be the one carrying it. haha.

Ethel,
Don't be too stressed over potty training. Potty training books came in useful for us when PTing Shermyn. Some of them come with reward stickers too.

Personally, I find that it's so much easier to train once the kiddos are able to vocalise their need to do "business". Initial floor and bed wetting will be common but they'll be over in no time. We took about 2 weeks of intensive training to successful train Shermyn to go off diapers during the day. She's still wearing diapers at night.

seagal,

correction, i am the one carrying it, no helper at all. so thats why need those sling ones across the shoulder, imagine with 2 kids.

Re : baby sling
my next project is to get a sling. any rec ? i have never use it before with ju. saw that lucky baby has so nice ones. thanks mummies

Joann,
can't outsource the carrying to your hubby?

Baby Sling,
Would recommend the Ergo New Generation Carrier. However, it's more for going out and can't be used for nursing.

For slings, B*yB S*pplies has quite nice designs and good support. The only downside IMO is that they are a bit too long for my short body. =d

Potty Training.
I firmly believe that cloth diapering helps R to totally go off diapers, day and night by 23months. :p (hao lian abit)
I really have no regrets.

But I did alot of "pep talk"lot of encouragement and some "demo" to speed up the process.
Her only reward was praises and she gets to flush the toilet!
Initially at nite, suffer abit to wake up 2-3x to CARRY her to the loo.
Then cut down to once, which is 12midnite. for some strange reason, the dam breaks at 12.
Now, she sleeps through and only occasionally wakes up to pee, her method of notification depends on her mood.
good mood, she will call and and tell me she needs to pee.
bad mood, she will whine and cry.

Don't be stress by the PT.
They will when they are ready.
But a gentle nudge goes a long way:p

SLING.
I heard rave reviews abt ergo but don't own one.
i have 2 MIM, cotton and silk, and a B*Bsupplies.
Love the MIM silk: pretty, light and easy handling.
Love the B*Bsupplies because of the padding and the nice stiches but its way too long for katek me. but the extra length is good for bf in public and covering the bb.

Joann,
210ml milk + water just before bedtime at 9pm.
Pee after milk.
wake up morning abt 7am.

I was told, to prevent leakages at nite, not to give milk n other liquids before bedtime but I cant as it has been a ritual for R to drink milk else she cant sleep or will wake at 3am whining for it
sad.gif

hi mummies,
my girlfriend is working for a media company and they are currently seaching for a malay gals age between 3-6yrs old to do a commercial for MacDonalds..
do let yr malay friends know..
happy.gif
they can call :
Amanda : 82019654
casting dates : tdy n tmrw at 211 henderson rd
if selected , shooting dates are 24/25th JULY

Vitamin Supplements
Hi mummies, for those who give your kiddos multi-Vitamins, Vitamin C, etc..

which brand and type (e.g. chewables, softgels, gummies, etc..) do you buy?

Evelyn Au...personally, I feel rectangle/square table is better as it can fit along wall space neatly whereas round table will create corner holes along the wall.

Lac...wow, how I envy ur determination....my princess still on diaper when she sleeps & outing.

yuru, Joann, Lachesiz,
my laptop's windows broke down, prob will be mia for unknown time
sad.gif

please sms me at 91141603 due to ts sanitizer..

hubby said cannot post them by mail, liquid are not alowed..

now using hubby laptop, but if is working then no computer at home..

eve au,
listen to the expert
happy.gif

R using the wooden set from Ikea.

seagal.
got R vit/supplements/med from Vitakids.
pdt brand shd be Nature's Plus and Nordic Natural.(I have 10% off if anyone needs. bday month 20% off)

carnellin,
roger that. will sms u
happy.gif

rochelle: congrats! means your son is almost fully toilet trained!

ethel: dean is still happy to get into diapers anytime of the day. but he can tell me when he wants to pee when he's not on diapers. phew...
toilet training was quite a breeze for dean, cos we waited till he was ready. :p

lach: did u get my sms?
sorry i was too drugged out yest to reply to your sms .... on mc for sore throat!

seagal: hee hee, so what was the damage at Bencoolen? I need to go back there one of these days .... got another item in mind!
happy.gif

Mngo: u manage to get the arm floats?
seagal is right, isetan has Zoggs too but their range is usually quite limited and it sells fast too!
happy.gif

hi all,
long time no see
happy.gif

this thread is active again.
happy.gif

cody,
can let me know who is Dean's dentist? I must bring natalie there, her teeth is yellowish.

potty training
Natalie potty trained herself. most of the time she sleeps thru the night, occasionally will wake up ask to go loo. last feed @ 9:30pm, pee then sleep.
agreed with the rest "They will when they are ready."
happy.gif

cody
i cancelled my reservation becos i prefer the "original" zoggs design. the lady told me tat the supplier ran out for 6 months oredi.

by the way i have sore throat too!

Cody,

Thanks
happy.gif
Just in time for school start in early september.

TBL,

lucky you
happy.gif
my older boy only walk at 15mths and my younger boy only walk at 19mths. hopefully my younger boy is willing to use the potty earlier than his brother.

Dentist,

During my boy's first trip to the dentist when he was 2yrs old, the dentist just ask me to hold him and check his teeth to make sure its not yellow and no decay.

online stores,

want to buy my good friend a baby present for her 2nd baby. any good online store? kiddy palace dont have online anymore and the only other one I remember is firstfewyears which has limited stuff.

nordic natural- 100% artic cod liver oil.
its more 1yr and above. it comes in the original, and others like berry, peach. the big bottle is about s$40+

perth farm stay
anyone has experience for that. i am planning for 1 after delivery to bring ju for a break without the girl ? prob in end oct.

Joann,

I was looking at the Nordic Natural Multivitamins as I worry about iron deficiency. my older boy takes any brand of cod liver oil without flavor. I dont mind paying for the Nordic Natural one when I start remembering to give him everyday.

GNC,
Anyone of you giving your kiddos the following:-
a) Multi-Vits gummies
b) Vit C with Echinecea?

Nordic Naturals,
I think drugstore.com sells it cheaper than in Singapore. Have seen the mummies buying from them in this forum.

seagal,

I have the vit c with echinecea on standby.
give it to her only when i feel her system need a boost due to her friends/family member being down with flu /cold etc.........
not sure if its effective but

carnellin...I will be @Bt Batok tomorrow....probably cann pik up the sanitizer....my hp 9-6688481.

Mngo...great, I plan for farm stay for my next holiday (next Feb 2008)..which farm did u go?

Vitamins...Stef is on MultiVitamins from GNC...she seems to be taking it alright...

rochelle
yr boys are so handsome.. wats their age gap?
i hv 2 boys and i sumtimes feel i cant cope. they are 20mths apart.
yr hb has a gd theory on the gumi bear vits. been looking at the gummi bears but cldnt point out y i m not comfortable with it.. cheers

LL,
berries world has a class for 04 kids at kembangan every sat 1.15pm. u may wan to call them up for trial lessons.

hi all,
miss u all
happy.gif
after 70$ and 4 HOURS waiting at sim lim the laptop finally fixed :p

toilet seat sanitizer,
hope everyone accepted it
happy.gif

i dont know whether any of u experienced it but.. so far i have no prob being expat in another country no family or relative but last month when my mom and sis come i'm so happy and ended up cry my heart out when they got back... suddenly feel so lonely and how great it is if only they were here...so silly isnt it?
happy.gif

now i just have to get used to it again..

vitamin..
cellin take multivit vita robovits (sold in JL and guardians) that incl cod liver, echinacea, primrose oil, and ginko..

so fa so good.. i mean after taking this vit she got sick less often.. (like once in 3 months).. and got better quicker ..

Dora,
there some part of dora i dont like..

phonic books,

some of the phonics books sets have american spelling so word like colours and favourites are spelt differently.

carnellin,

I know how u feel. I cried when my mum went back after helping me for 5mths. luckily my mum would be here next month. feeling a little down due to all the potty training and my younger boy now walking everywhere.

Back