(2004/06) June/July 2004 Babies

RE : Mooncake Festival Gathering

Venue : Labrador Park, BBQ pit
Date : 6th September, 5pm
Activities : BBQ, run, shout, burn the whole forest down.. opps i mean play w lanterns :p

Guests :
1) Brendali, Mark, Jem and Jay
2) Giggler plus 2 kids
3) Alicia's daddy n family (2 A's, wifey and helper)
4)ruffy and family ( 2 adults + 2 kids)
5) pigletz and family (2 adults + 2 kids)

ruffy, wld love ur dentist contact, hehe... in my case, hopefully in the east!
happy.gif

Pigletz,
we gave up our balloting for queenstown 4rm flat even though we got it
happy.gif
Coz dun have gd units and also after considering will be too $$
4 rm already about $350K not inclusive of renovation for the empty unit. The most we can sell our 5rm flat is also $400K ++ I guess so will still have to top up quite a bit to get a new renovated and fully equipped house. 2nd hand goes for about more then $400K for a 4 rm too $$.

pigletz
embarrassed.gif
embarrassed.gif
You go for #3 la!!! Might be a girl this time!

Viv
Jana is rather petite isit? Some of Nat's shorts oso loosen, wear for ages liao! hee...

Koala
I bf, oso dunno how to travel without Elliot. Go Genting, I bringing my whole village. You are still bf right?

Brought him down to swim... alamak, feet touch water only, cry like dunno wat! Come home, go into tub oso cry... aiyo...
1647688.jpg

a's dad
tks for the compliment.

giggler
need to run around with them not bcos they are active, more bcos they fight all the time. Jamie's shouting "mine!" and "no" all the time and Jana's complaining non-stop

Sanrio
Jana's more sociable now too, not shy to talk to pple

pigletz
yeap, still at same place! same job! and at almost the same pay
happy.gif
still feeling the repercussion of my 9mths part-time work...

mon2nat
it not tat the clothes were losen, its tat somehow she managed to maintain the kinda waistline i can only dream about. Jana's very skinny leh, somemore nowadays dun wanna nap after she come home from school, then by dinner time, she's too tired to eat, so getting skinner lor. the only thing tat keeps her looking like a 3rd world starving kid is her pediasure milk.

hey! i was just looking at the same swimsuit for Jamie at mothercare during lunch today! wanted to buy for her cos she always end up with running nose after we bring her for a swim or after her waterplay class in school. this is the 2nd time i went down to mothercare but still couldn't execute, very ex leh!

recent pic of the girls
1648178.jpg

Hi hi,

missed the pizza making gathering due to a series of flu attack, and now will have to miss the mooncake gathering as I am having an adv moon cake gathering with my extended family too... wat a pity... really want to see you guys in person.

have been reading this thread but not writing much cos you gals and guys seems to know each other very well so not very familiar with what's going on...

but saw viv's pic and reminds me of my 2 gals.
happy.gif

viv,
you very cute, dress them alike... and they look very cute
happy.gif
they are 1 or 2 years apart?

viv,
Jana looks so diff!!!So grown up. Dun look very thin leh. The 2 gals oso fight with each other? Hehehe...

mom2nat,
Elliot in the swimsuit looks so much like nat.

pigletz,
Can choose one. Not compulsory. They're not stressful cos like all play leh. Like the Chinese, everytime come home, sing so many chinese songs. Art do drawing/painting, then comp play games bah? So dun sound stressful hor...hehehe... I only 'sim tia' the computer class cos tis one no choice. It's conducted during curriculum time, so if dun sign up, the kids do nothing.

giggler,
Computer & chinese.

Pigletz, Alicia's daddy
I brot Chen Chen to dentist twice to clean his teeth - last yr n tis yr. His teeth has v ugly black stain. Surprisingly dentist said it's actually gd bacteria juz dat v ugly. So parents choose to remove it

Pigletz, skyblue, Giggler
Enrichment classes dat I pd for Chen Chen's cc is $450/term, there r 2 more which I din enroll him somemore. There is another enrichment class dat I sent him to on Sat. These enrichment classes fee burn a big hole in my pocket. Chen Chen even asked his teacher y din send him to the enrichment class dat I din enroll him. Piang......

Sanrio
Ash looks exactly like your hubby in dat pic

mom2nat
aye... thot u said going holiday w/o the kids
Yep yep still bf
Does Elliot cry when bathing?

Viv
your 2 gals look v tall. Is dat your hse? U hv 2 basins of diff ht?
c u were worried abt Jana's speech, now she is not shy to speak
Chen Chen oso v skinny. dunno got 13kg or not. Everytime bring him to clinic wt 12kg always stay ard dat wt

B2B3M4, Giggler
Congrats! U gals gotta enjoy better bb perk.
I told my hubby everytime after I delivered then annouce better bb benefits I waited 4 yrs! 4 yrs liao!!!
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif

Giggler, tis justify u going for no 3
biggrin.gif

Activities : BBQ, run, shout, burn the whole forest down.. opps i mean play w lanterns :p

Guests :
2) Giggler plus 2 kids
5) pigletz and family (2 adults + 2 kids)
6) Emily and family (2 adults, 2 kids + helper)

Viv, Jana doesn't look skinny leh. Then again, everyone looks fatter in pictures... so guess in real life she must look skinner. Don't worry lah... as long as not very much underweight should be fine. You and hb also the slim kind mah.
happy.gif

Mom2Nat, your boy looks so cute!

Mommies and 1 daddy, hehee... we now have 6 days childcare leave a year as opposed to 2 days only! Hurray!! For those current expecting baby, congrats!... now u have 16 wk maternity! :p

Hi mummies,

Mom2nat,
Ur boy is so cute! I feel like hugging him.
He has a combination look of u and ur hubby.
Nat is still as pretty or prettier. hahhaa.
BTW, I may be going to ur "neighbour" (u know who) house next weekend cos the wife invited us to swim and bbq. If I go, I may dropby but I need ur contact cos I think I lost it. Can email me at [email protected]

Viv,
Both ur kids look alike. So sweet!
Look like daddy or mummy now? Are u still staying at ur old place or have shifted?

Mom2Nat, wow... I also bu she de to buy that swimsuit for Sher leh, it's so exp!!! Your boy looks very huggable. Hehehe..

Viv, I love your toilet! Jana doesnt look skinny leh. It's ok that gals are slim.
happy.gif

skyblue, chinese as in chinese speech & drama? what they learn abt computer???

Koala, wow... you spend so much on enrichment??? $450/term is additional to sch fees rite?

Regarding the new policies, they haven announce the effective date rite?

Koala, we missed out for 1st round hor?

Emily, my co not pro-family so not sure longer ML is good for me or not.

coolmama
they are about 2 yrs apart, Jana's Jun 04 and Jamie's Mar 06. Jana's not fussy abt clothes, but Jamie's starting to choose her own clothes, wont be able to dress them similarly for long.

skyblue
the girls fight all the time leh, and i have to be the referee all day long
sad.gif

koala
Jana's speech still a little problematic, though she's chatty, but her pronounciation still not clear. we thinking of starting speech therapy for her.

Jana's weight used to be quite stagnant till i switch her to pediasure, there's a slight weight gain er.... but i can't remember her weight off-hand
happy.gif

yep, tat' my place but only 1 basin lah, Jana will always win the race to the bathroom n "chop" the whole basin to herself. Jamie can only rinse after Jana's done.

Emily
You just made me day!!!! haven't had any1 say I'm slim for very very very long time! heh heh

I'm looking forward tot he 6days child-care leave too! wonder when my company will be effecting the change...I'm running out of leave soon.

hong
i think Jana looks more like daddy. as for Jamie, I'm think(hope) she's starting to look abit like me
happy.gif
Have just shifted to new place, then the week after that i shifted office, very cham, now gotta go and see the osteopath to fix my back and the chiro to fix my hand.

Viv,
oh dear. Take care! U did slim down leh.
The bathroom is very nice.
Have u make appt with speech therapist? Going to KKH?

Julian also not speaking very well. Very blur and he is already 2yo. I dun know shld I worry.

embarrassed.gif
Another mommy alerted, me or else I wont know I wore the wet suit the wrong side for Elliot!! hahaha... Too busy trying to wear for him, he hates the velcro sound.

Viv
Jana got long sexy legs ah!!hee... Huh, she too tired for dinner? Which sch is she attending now? Pat's you mentioned last time isit?
My place's swimming pool super cold oso. But PD told me, the kids fall sick is not the cold, but the germs in the pool.

Viv / Giggler
Yes the wetsuit v exp. I bought it then hide it somewhere, so my hb can't see it. Hahaha...

Emily
Tks
happy.gif

Skyblue
Yup, looks like Nat. But I think more pple say he looks like me than hb.

Koala
My boy likes to bathe. But not swim. sigh...

hi all,
too ill so no mood to go thru the posts...

I've already booked the pit. Will do the organizing later yah...

happy chatting!

Giggler, ai yah.. don't care if your co pro-family or not. As long as govt says so & they are paying for it. Anyway, this may be your last baby so your company should be supportive. If hire someone else, they may have to face #3 ML of 4 months leh. :p

Viv, I really think u are slim mah - if I remember correctly. I have just been informed by my HR that childcare leave can be claimed only after 3 months of joining company - which is also a govt rule. Hmmm... so I ask her does that mean that now I join in Aug. So 3 months is Nov. So.. Dec I can claim all 6 days childcare leave as per govt rule also? Will company be able to give me the 6 days? Err... in the end, we agreed that I can start taking now. If 3 months don't work out then we take as unpaid leave & deduct later loh. hahaaa....

Viv,
hi just to share, my Ahgal wasn't clear in speech last yr. Talk *ALOT* but kept dropping front and end-sounds. Some words garbled and confused. Recently tried doing phonics with her, as in she *sees* a written word and I explain how it sounds. Maybe bcos from there she realised that different words look different/ have very specific front-end sounds, she's now alot more careful in her enunciation. eg. last time she will say, "I reader wor", now she will be more careful saying, "I reaCH the wall".

Viv, I want to see the current you leh. Hehehe...

brenda, take care!!!
happy.gif

Emily, my co not pro-family means I'll be penalised by taking ML. Sigh... that means there maybe no increment, bonus, etc etc etc

Pigletz,
You know any good children dentist in the West area?

Mom2nat,
Last weekend, as the sky is dark, we allowed both Adrian and Alicia to play water in the bath tub. Adrian refused to get up after 20mins, but we carried him out, he went into tantrums and cried for 30mins, before he became so tired and felt asleep while drinking his milk.

I like that swimsuit
happy.gif
, and I can't tell it's opposite..hahahaha..

Viv,
Both my A's also "race" to brush their teeth, with Alicia always outpace Adrian. I like that little lamp over the bath tub.
You are slim, slim, slim...yeah!

Coolmama,
You must join us to get to know us better lor
happy.gif

Koala,
Black stain = good bacteria??? hahahaha...

Emily,
I always have problem clearing my leaves, now with the additional days...but hor, better than nothing rite?

Brenda,
Thanks for booking, and take care.

Alicia's daddy,
you can try Q&M in clementi, there's a lady dentist by the name of Marvis Tan, very good with children.

i also want to join and see you ppl, but timing clashes...

giggler,
guessed they got to met up with viv in person at the pizza making session?

Viv,
2 years apart is nice but you must be having a headache handling both at the same time... Thou now they fight a lot but next time when they grow up, they will be really close...
happy.gif

koala,
wow, your kid's sch fees are hefty... -_-"

A's dad, problem clearing ur leave - means you have many many leave?? ehehee.. that's gd news u know. most of us mommies here barely makes it with all the childcare arrangements.

Giggler, ai yoh, I never think of that. U know if they discriminate you because of your ML, can complain to MOM and women's charter one!

Ruffy,
I see, but Queenstown really good location. Anyway, won't be looking at new flats, will be going for re-sale cos need to be very very near to my extended family. Property is going down, so hope to see a good unit soon.

Mom2nat,
haha, no #3 for the time being, or might not even have. Won't go for baby for the sake of government.
happy.gif

Viv,
My boys will only brush their teeth when they having their shower. So good to see your gals rush to brush teeth.

Let's meet up for lunch and talk more.
happy.gif

skyblue,
Can choose still okay lah.
happy.gif
Kind of envy Kieran. Gareth school no enrichment at all, only next year K1 then will have. So now everyday he go home, have lunch, play awhile and have his afternoon nap. After that, dinner and we go fetch him.

Koala,
Wow, that's alot just for enrichment class leh. Did you see Chen Chen benefit from the enrichment classes.

Ya, the dentist told us the stain will not cause tooth decay.

Don't be upsets abt the baby bonus okay. Cos you didn't lugi alot. It's only for those baby born in year 2009.

brenda,
Do take good care of yourself.

Alicia's Daddy,
Sorry, I don't know leh. The one Gareth went to is in Toa Payoh.

Guests :
2) Giggler plus 2 kids
5) Emily and family (2 adults, 2 kids + helper)

Sorry, can't make it already.

Hi Mummies & Daddy
RE Mooncake party,
What do we have to bring there?
is it pot luck?

Pigletz,
OIC..but if property going down then u won't be able to sell your flat for a good price also right? For my place they are still asking about $30-$50K above val.. best if can sell now by later.. but not possible.

Coolmama,
Thanks. Will probably set a date to visit.
Viv was not at the pizza making
happy.gif

Emily,
Since our Coy introduce a new policy 2 years ago that we have to clear our annual leaves by Q1 of next year, it really helps us to take vacation, but sometimes, ended up working at home while on leave
happy.gif
. Anyway, I think why I have so many leaves is because of the nature of our work lor. We are pretty mobile, flexible. For example, when I attend Alicia's sch national day celebration (2hrs event), I just popped by, and after the celebration, I went back to work again, so no need to apply leave
happy.gif

Pigletz,
It's alrite, Coolmama provide me one in Clementi. Aiya, gonna miss your family again this time.

Ruffy,
ya, property drop, means i won't sell my flat for good price. But I guess, i benefit less in term of $$, but more in term of more family time and the kids will be well taken care off in future.
happy.gif

Hi Pawprint

ann arbor dental tel : 67887827 Tampines mart 2nd flr

Piano teacher still looking around... don't want to travel so far just to send him
happy.gif
will keep you informed.

Subject: FW: FW: Are you ready to have kids?

Test 1 - Preparation

Women: To prepare for pregnancy:-
1. Put on a dressing gown and stick a beanbag down the front.
2. Leave it there.
3. After 9 months remove 5% of the beans.

Men: To prepare for children:-
1. Go to a local chemist, tip the contents of your wallet onto the counter and tell the pharmacist to help himself
2. Go to the supermarket. Arrange to have your salary paid directly to their head office.
3. Go home. Pick up the newspaper and read it for the last time.

Test 2 - Knowledge

Find a couple who are already parents and berate them about their methods of discipline, lack of patience, appallingly low tolerance levels and how they have allowed their children to run wild. Suggest ways in which they might improve their child's sleeping habits, toilet training, table manners and overall behavior.

Enjoy it. It will be the last time in your life that you will have all the answers.

Test 3 - Nights

To discover how the nights will feel:

1. Walk around the living room from 5pm to 10pm carrying a wet bag weighing approximately 4 - 6kg, with a radio turned to static (or some other obnoxious sound) playing loudly.
2. At 10pm, put the bag down, set the alarm for midnight and go to sleep.
3. Get up at 11pm and walk the bag around the living room until 1am.
4. Set the alarm for 3am.
5. As you can't get back to sleep, get up at 2am and make a cup of tea.
6. Go to bed at 2.45am.
7. Get up again at 3am when the alarm goes off.
8. Sing songs in the dark until 4am.
9. Put the alarm on for 5am. Get up when it goes off.
10. Make breakfast.

Keep this up for 5 years. LOOK CHEERFUL.

Test 4 - Dressing Small Children

1. Buy a live octopus and a string bag.
2. Attempt to put the octopus into the string bag so that no arms hang out.

Time Allowed: 5 minutes.

Test 5 - Cars

1. Forget the BMW. Buy a practical 5-door wagon.
2. Buy a chocolate ice cream cone and put it in the glove compartment. Leave it there.
3. Get a coin. Insert it into the CD player.
4. Take a box of chocolate biscuits; mash them into the back seat.
5. Run a garden rake along both sides of the car.

Test 6 - Going For a Walk

Wait
Go out the front door
Come back in again
Go out
Come back in again
Go out again
Walk down the front path
Walk back up it
Walk down it again
Walk very slowly down the road for five minutes.
Stop, inspect minutely and ask at least 6 questions about every piece of used chewing gum, dirty tissue and dead insect along the way.
Retrace your steps
Scream that you have had as much as you can stand until the neighbours come out and stare at you.
Give up and go back into the house.

You are now just about ready to try taking a small child for a walk.

Test 7

Repeat everything you say at least 5 times.

Test 8 - Grocery Shopping

1. Go to the local supermarket. Take with you the nearest thing you can find to a pre-school child - a fully grown goat is excellent. If you intend to have more than one child, take more than one goat.
2. Buy your weekly groceries without letting the goat(s) out of your sight.
3. Pay for everything the goat eats or destroys.

Until you can easily accomplish this, do not even contemplate having children.

Test 9 - Feeding a 1 year-old

1. Hollow out a melon
2. Make a small hole in the side
3. Suspend the melon from the ceiling and swing it side to side
4. Now get a bowl of soggy cornflakes and attempt to spoon them into the swaying melon while pretending to be an aeroplane.
5. Continue until half the cornflakes are gone.
6. Tip the rest into your lap, making sure that a lot of it falls on the floor.

Test 10 - TV

1. Learn the names of every character from the Wiggles, Barney, Teletubbies and Disney.
2. Watch nothing else on television for at least 5 years.

Test 11 - Mess

Can you stand the mess children make? To find out:

1. Smear peanut butter onto the sofa and jam onto the curtains
2. Hide a fish behind the stereo and leave it there all summer.
3. Stick your fingers in the flowerbeds and then rub them on clean walls. Cover the stains with crayon. How does that look?
4. Empty every drawer/cupboard/storage box in your house onto the floor & leave it there.

Test 12 - Long Trips with Toddlers

1. Make a recording of someone shouting 'Mummy' repeatedly. Important Notes: No more than a 4 second delay between each Mummy. Include occasional crescendo to the level of a supersonic jet.
2. Play this tape in your car, everywhere you go for the next 4 years.

You are now ready to take a long trip with a toddler.

Test 13 - Conversations

1. Start talking to an adult of your choice.
2.. Have someone else continually tug on your shirt hem or shirt sleeve while playing the Mummy tape listed above.

You are now ready to have a conversation with an adult while there is a child in the room.

Test 14 - Getting ready for work

1. Pick a day on which you have an important meeting.
2. Put on your finest work attire.
3. Take a cup of cream and put 1 cup of lemon juice in it
4. Stir
5. Dump half of it on your nice silk shirt
6. Saturate a towel with the other half of the mixture
7. Attempt to clean your shirt with the same saturated towel
8. Do not change (you have no time).
9. Go directly to work

You are now ready to have children. ENJOY!!

Emily,
I would be happy to volunteer my 2 A's if someone wants a practical test
happy.gif
Good one!

Pigletz,
Means I will have more days to think about what to do...hahahaha...I went to see a long time friend whom I have not met for couple of years yesterday, and guess what, he is running his own denture making business
happy.gif
, I asked for some recommendation.

Ruffy,
You looking for a private piano teacher?
My nephew's teacher is good (even my cousin asked for it, and send her daughter there), but in Tampines. You want her contact?

Alicia's Daddy,
haha, that's the same prob that most of my colleagues have. Too many leave can't clear and now another 4 more days.

Oh, that's good. You can help us to find out more information too.
happy.gif

Alicia's Daddy,
thanks just signed him up for lessons at Tampines Mart Christophori Music Sch behind our house.$80/mth 1/2hr for Grade 1. we're stayin in Tampines. Can I have the contact..so can KIV if I need to change him again.. this new teacher - young malaysian girl is quite open so will try out for a few mths at least. She was agreeable to do a combination of Suzuki method + the traditional method of teaching on Ryan. Actually can teach him myself but no patience to do so
happy.gif

Paid Childcare Leave
Currently, parents are eligible for two days of childcare leave.

From 1 Jan 2009, paid childcare leave will be extended from two to six days per year for working parents with any Singaporean child under the age of seven, regardless of the number of qualifying children.

The first three days will be employer-paid and the last three days government-paid (capped at $500 per day including CPF contributions).

Pigletz, no, the 6 days CC leave only start from 1 Jan 2009.

Hi mummies and a Daddy, long time no log on.. so super busy!

Giggler!!!! WOW! 3rd child, that means you get tax relief of 15%+20%+25% of your earned income!!!! Almost tax free already!!!! That's really good!!!!

Viv, so you finally moved ah? Jana n Jamie looks so cute! By the way, you have a maid now?

Aiyoh, Mom2nat, Elliot is sooo handsome! Really cute baby!!!! Even though he only got a slight dimple, but still super handsome!

Skyblue, can't believe Kayden looks like that now!!! Kieran still looks the same, but Kayden don't look like that chuckling baby that I saw at Julia Gabriel!!!

Emily... funny, if you had posted that email 5 yrs ago, I think I probably won't have a baby... Hahahaha...

hazey, what you busy with now??? Making bb huh? Hahaha... Though there's no incr cash gift for 3rd bb, there's another benefits like tax rebates, more ML.... so I shd be happy abt it. They are all added bonuses.
happy.gif

giggler
yes $450/term enrichment fee is on top of cc fee It's for 3 enrichment classes. There r 2 more which I din sign up
ya man we missed bb perks in 2004 n I missed agn tis time round

Viv
Did pd recommend u to send Jana to speech therapy?
Jamie stood on a lower stool dat's y I thot your toilet has 2 basins
I wanna c how u look like now Did u post a pic somewhere?

mom2nat
Bring your boi to swim daily
happy.gif

Emily
thot the 6 day cc leave starts next yr?

Alicia's daddy
Dentist said dat gd bacteria makes teeth looks black

Hi Hi mummies and daddy,

Wow the kids grew up fast
happy.gif
)
Been sometime since I chat over here, busy busy but not really for work or kids but other activities hee hee .... got hooked with baking.

My fruits for my kids for their birthday.

1664464.jpg
1664465.jpg

Hazey,
I'm so happy to get the additional day offs. A great jump from 2 to 6 days but I need to cover someone for 4 months when she goes for her maternity leave next year ha ha ha.

Giggler,
Hazey busy with her princess lor
happy.gif

Adorable girl to be with, Grace been asking for her on & off.

Great you will be getting the additional month of maternity leave next year. Took a day off today, and reliased what I'm missing lei as a working mum. Been sometime since I get to receive Grace at the door after school. Even if take half day leave also won't be on time to pick her. Neighbours did tell us that she will be so happy and will hop & sing/chats non stop all the way home. Then today I experinced it.

Ha ha managed to snap photos too, telling myself if I work today then I will only get to see her school activities on the table instead on her head ha ha ha.

1664466.jpg

A's dad,
Me staying at Tampines, can I have your nephew's teacher contact. Thinking of getting someone to the house to teach rather than we have to travel out for classes. Getting lazier.

Emily,
A good 1 but not that bad lah
happy.gif
)

Koala,
Think all benefits were back dated to the date of the rally.
Interesting to know that good bacteria makes teeth looks black.

Haha, now time for me to post the great work of Irene.

Irene, thanks for the lovely cake! Pity you can't take my orders for teacher's day! Tyra also wants to play with Grace leh... when we go Palawan beach and let them play!

Hey, your Orchid plant is so nice!!!!

Giggler, busy with life lor, why your whole head only filled with baby making? Hahahaha! If the government announces 1 yr paid maternity, then i will find a job and have another baby.

1664675.jpg

Koala, that's a lot of enrichment classes hor?

GG, grace so cute, put that art piece on her head. Hahahaha... I also think that individual class is better than group class leh.

Hazey, you stop day-dreaming lor, the govt wont be so generous ba. My col told the rest that if someone can be off for 4mths, that means we can do w/o that person liao. Sigh.....

Ruffy, GG,
I PM you the teacher's contact
happy.gif

Koala,
Din see black stain in Alicia's teeth, so no good bacteria. Must have been those snacks.

Hazey,
Life must be very beautiful for you to be busy with
happy.gif
Share with us the secret of living a fruitful life leh...hahaha...If garment gives 6months paternity leave on top of your 1 year maternity leave, I will consider #3..hahaha.

GG,
Your baking skill is really excellent, I would say, at Pro level. Grace is a happy girl. Everytime I fetch Alicia from school when I am on leave, she will be very happy that day too.

Back