(2004/02) February Babes

Dear Mommies
So nice to see our thread moving after so long!
happy.gif

Van
Have you popped yet?? Congrads in advance if you already did! Must publish your bundle of joy here as soon as little Savie arrives ok?

Hows life in SHA so far? Hows Avos adapting to "chinese" environment so far? Kyla hates chinese until today! Headache for me again! haiz...

Gisele
Congrads on your 2nd boy! Jay is certainly so enthusiatic about his baby brother that he is already naming him!

Enjoy your upcoming cruise ride!

Linda
When are you coming to HKG since you last mentioned? Remember to contact me before you come and hopefully we can meet up to go disneyland for the halloween theme! Email me hor.. you will find my HK contact no. in my email.

Pink
You are absolutely right about me! Its the educational system here which is driving me nuts! Not that I am acting kiasu here, but I really have no choice but to give her 'addtional pressure' because she has to complete her homework given! Sometimes, the homework can be a bit too advanced for a barely 4yo! I heard the local stream kids at this stage already writing dairies and capable of reading ladybird storybooks! I seen it with my own eyes when my neighbour's son (born in 2003) able to read my storybook when he was here! International stream is known as "relaxing" here. My only biggest concern is Kyla may feel "failure" when she cannot accomplish what she needs to. Maybe on the other hand, she is rather slow which made it worse!

So sorry for all the long post!

Ruffy
Congrads to your consecutive baking attempts! For me, I am still struggling with cupcakes! My only success are my cookies and currypuffs! I agree with Gisele that the betty crocker premix is really heavenly. I may stop trying recipes and turn to premix instead.. since kyla loves cupcakes. She can wack 6 cupcakes when i first baked them even though the consistency is NOT up to mark.

Have you tried frosting using your own recipe so far? I tried the Wiltons brand ready-made icing but it tasted terrible! Hows your turn out if you have tried making your own icing?

Here's my little experience records - http://shimmrs.blogspot.com/

Take a peek at her video taken during her last graduation here :
http://kylashim.blogspot.com/

Hi Mummies,
Y'day took the boys for a photoshoot. Have uploaded pictures to their blog.. pls view when free
happy.gif

Will be taking another photoshoot at their godfather's studio in HK end of the year. Thinking of compiling a photobook as X'mas present for PILs etc.. good idea?

Mrsshims,
frosting- so far have tried buttercream, fondant, fresh cream(whipped) and coloured. Haven't tried ready-made icing.. have heard doesn't taste nice.
Premix- will still use the cookie ones for it since they are still in the cupboard keke
happy.gif

My cakes are so-so.. edible ..but still can improve.
this week doing Mango cake topped with fresh fruits + geletine. Then also trying to make Mazipan for the decorations. All done from scratch.
happy.gif

Also have lots of other small projects still in the process of being done keke- Ryan's Japanese cards, Roy's swim lesson, Roy's music n movement lesson plans, Reading of books purchased via internet etc etc

hi mummies
Been a long time! Everyone's busy? Well, I am expecting (again) but not going to get all excited over it first till much later. Saw the heartbeat already but I am experiencing slight bleeding on and off...and was given injections and pills to 'stablise' the pregnancy. Caught in btw, cos in healthy pregnancies, one shldnt bleed and if this is not a healthy one, I do not wish to prolong it with injections only to lose it later. So very fan and sian recently...

Hi Van
No news from you, popped already? So exciting!!

Hi Pink
Ying be going to St Nick?
happy.gif
Good, then you wont have to fret about which school she would be going to and worry abt spaces... Old girls have priority yes? By then you will have a lot of driving to do le, or will Ying be taking school bus?
How's dorcas? Jie Jie wil bully her ah?
happy.gif
Sayang...

Hi Gisele
Congrats
happy.gif
haha...can understand Jay's excitement, someone to play football with? kekee... Hope your MS is going away soon.

Hi Ruffy
I looked thru your cakes! Hey! not bad for someone who just started!!! In fact, you inspired me to try my hands on baking too.
happy.gif
I have requested for an oven as my birthday pressie. I am not too sure how well or how long I will bake, hence i m looking for something not so ex. Any recommendations? Thot those unbranded ones at Carrefour shld work well enough? I saw one selling at $80 only.

Hi shimmrs
happy.gif
I just came back from Shenzhen last week. Actually will be going HK in Dec with niece and nephew, but due to this pregnancy, I better stay put in Spore guai guai lor... and already spend quite a bit on this little fellow and dunno will spend more anot.
How's Kyla? Hmm... can understand how sandwiched you are when it comes to Kyla's education.... What are her homework like? I see my 4 year old nephew is doing once a week homework, mostly on counting and writing the right number next to the pic, colouring and letters tracing.
As for reading, well, my tory cant read too. The leapfrog does her good though, she now remembers the sound of each alphabet, but i have no idea how to go on from there, like piece all the sounds of the letters in a word together... any suggestions?

Hi Linda
Congrats! u better rest as much as possible n pray that u wont see anymore bleeding. btw when you were pregnant with tory, was it a smooth pregnancy? How many wks are u at now?

Hi van
guess u must have pop already since din hear from u for the past few days. must quickly come in n update us the good news ok?

Hi Gisele
congrats. it is good to give a sibling to Jay even though in our heart we hope for a girl since ideal to have 1 boy 1 girl. nevertheless boy is good since jay can play with him and give brotherly advice to younger bro.
happy.gif

Hi Linda,
Congrads. Don't travel.. may stress you out.This few months this thread is quite happening
happy.gif

Oven.. techinically I do not have any at home as I am using a Roster
happy.gif
I would get a build in oven if possible coz it can bake more at one shot. Table top.. reliable brands..those that we use the oother electrical products for would be a safe bet
happy.gif

So will Tory be getting a younger sister/brother?

Linda
Congrads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take it easy, have faith in this pregnancy! All the injections and pills should help. I had slight staining too at my wk7 with Kyla. I also had that injection.

Me too, will be asking for an oven end of this year too! Hahaha...

Kyla is doing exactly what your nephew is doing in his school. However, the worksheets given can be rather tough for kyla to manage. Eg : many different shapes in different sizes in a mixed-up pix; spot how many shapes for each kind; write down the number in the box below. She is still very poor at 2-digits numerals.. freehanded, of course!

So good tt TOry is getting the hang of phonics from LeapFrog video! Kyla lost interest and definitely did not grasp the meaning of phonics at all! So sad...

Ruffy / Gisele
I tried Strawberry moist cake premix from Betty Crocker today. Made them into cupcakes. Yummy! Betty Crocker is really a reliable brand for premix!

Van
Have you popped yet??

mOmmies
I may be going back to SG early Nov. We had a buyer for our property.. today! Will be a short stay over long weekends though, main objective is to go back to move out all our stuff to a rented warehouse for long-term storage.

Looks like everyone has 2 kids in our group now! Well, I am still struggling to lose off some weight before conception leh.. otherwise sure become FATTY after #2!

mummies,
I'm still here! hahahahaha... had pretty frequent contractions yest and was looking forward yet nothing irregular happened. its another week again n will hear wat the gynae says later
happy.gif

Linda,
Congrats!!! dont exert yourself n try to rest whenever u can. be positive!

Van

Hi!
happy.gif

I also thought you were in the hospital...hee... you are still here! Good lah... as long as baby has not reached 40 weeks, it is always good to stay in mummy's womb a little longer.

Linda

Congrats!
happy.gif
Don't be anxious. do some things that relax you and that can take your mind off the concern.

Yes, you are right. No need to fret over registration and balloting lor. have not started thinking about how to get her to sch and back. see how...

shimmrs

i guess you have to give kyla lots of encouragement and must praise her for her effort... and dun let her lose her confidence and joy in learning... are you planning to stay there for good?
press on
happy.gif

Gisele

Sorry I took a while to ans your questn. got to dig out the leftover med to tell you the drug names... hahaha..

Realised the GP we are seeing tends to tackle their nose more than the cough since he thinks that it is all due to the sensitive nose leading to mucus -> backdrip -> cough. So he gives med like Adezio / Fedac / Dexchlorpheniramine / Aerius, which I believe are all for helping blocked/stuffy/running nose. One of the cough med is Phenecpect CD Cough Syrup and another one for phelgm is Bromhexine. I dunno if this helps.. just fyi only. These are so different from the med their PD gave them in the past. But good thing is they help and we have not seen PD for a year:p Common flu and illnesses, we will see the GP. Jialat jialat cases then see PD. can save a lot
happy.gif

Hi mummies
Thanks for your kind words, will just have to take each day as it comes. Was suffering a little from MS which doc says is good sign tt baby is growing (as comapred to previous one). Too early to know gender, my gut feeling says a boy, but the charts says a girl, so??? Anyway, healthy healthy ok le, then can close shop and stop fretting over pregnancies.

Hi ruffy
A roster? Those transparent pot like gadget is it? Is that more recommendated than an oven you reckon? I thinking along the line of baking chickens, salmon etc. Wonder which is better and easier.

Hi Mini
happy.gif
Tory was a blessed pregnancy, no worries, no trouble, no morning sickness, no nothing. She didnt even move a lot in my tummy! If every pregnancy was as good as her....
happy.gif

How's Jon? Any pics?

Hi Shimmrs
I agree, Betty Crockers got the nicest tasting muffins and cakes. My mum uses that and i like to pinch the cake right out from the oven. very fluffy and not too sweet.
happy.gif
When I get my oven, the first thing I am going to try is that. kekeke.
I very thick skinned lor, every year my ex-colleagues sure buy me birthday present and i know the estimated amt one. So this year, I told them to get me a oven. hahaha... So your oven is present from?

20+?? I dun think my nephew is doing worksheets to 20+. The max I saw now is 10. And only counting the objects in the picture, no need to sort out the same shapes. Different bah. I agree with you that cannot kill the love for learning... how abt going thru similar worksheets with her at home as fun? Is it possible to get workbooks alike those she does in school in HK?

Hi Pink
Hope everything is going well for you and your family.
happy.gif
Luckily for your parents who put you in St Nick leh. Once ying is there, dorcas will follow suit yes?
happy.gif
Good thing both your kids are girls.

Hi Van
Not popped yet? Aiyoh, little Savie still enjoying her private time in mummy's tummy. Daddy is back in Shanghai already yah? Must take care wor!!

hi linda

hey...my parents put me at an ulu ulu pri sch in tpy and it has since closed down. I was at sngs for my sec education. I think the easiest way is to place them at my former sch. The good schs in my town needs balloting even if you stay within 1 km. And I do not stay within 1 km from them.

I hope you will have a happy
happy.gif
and smooth
kao_wink.gif
pregnancy and delivery.

Mrsshims
whao..have a buyer for your apartment. Gd time to sell as the market is gd
happy.gif

Betty crocker stuff are nice and they are sure win bakes.

PT,
I also studied in St nick when i was in primary sch. Gd place for girls.

Linda,
yeah it is those put on top of the wok thingy as can see in my blog
http://astromama.wordpress.com/2007/08/30/oatmeal-cookies-1st-attempt/
I bought it can also grill like normal oven..just that the capacity is quite small the most 1 9 " cake tin per time. I got it as it takes up less space and I needed a better wok to do cooking since now SAHM
this week looking for Oysters so can bake Oyster kilpatrick keke..n going to see if can steam chawamushi n other stuff. NOw even harder to watch my diet keke
happy.gif

hallo mummies,
back from the gynae. still 1cm dilated so the false contractions didnt do any work. bb is pretty much engaged, cervix abt 60% effaced. so continue waiting
happy.gif
dr says the longest we shall wait is till mid Nov but then again will have to make sure the water is enuff for bb at week 40 - another 1.5weeks.

dont worry, as promised i will drop a note b4 going hospital
happy.gif

Hi Mini
Thanks! Hope to hear your good news soon
happy.gif
Err..actually I've always wanted to have 2 girls. Tell you something, my parents have 6 daughters but now they only have grandsons. Think God is really playing a big joke on our family...heh

Hi Pink
Thanks for taking the time to check on the medi. It's about the same as PD subscribe for Jay. We tend to see PD more than GP as for PD we can claim in full from company but not GP. Strange company's rule we got.

Hi Shim
You makes me drool on the strawberry cake. See if I can get from cold storage later and try to bake tomorrow
happy.gif

Now its the good time to sell your property. Market is real hot now. The property I bought in April 07 has increased by 20%, can you imagine that. I cant sell now as we need the address for Jay's primary school :p

Hi Linda
Congrats!!! When I was having spotting in my first tri, I noticed that if I walk too much, I will have more spotting and it only happened on Sat - my shopping day. So pls rest well and dont walk too much ok.

Hi Van
Everyone's waiting to hear your good news
happy.gif

This little one is spending a lot of my $$. I had fresh red bleeding again on Thurs night. Surprisingly it was still blinking away on the ultrasound on Fri. So was given another jab lor.
sad.gif
Hoping that can tahan until 12 weeks then shld be more stable le.

Hi Pink,
Oops...
happy.gif
I thot you were from st nick primary too! So old girls from the secondary school also qualify. That's great!! The schools at SK also quite famous right? My cousin shifted to SK (near buangkok) so her sons can go into one good school. I gave up a chance to go St Nick Secondary...cos my mum was worried abt amt of donations we had to give (hearsay from those aunties lah) so in the end, we gave up the elective choice and went to my original first choice instead. Too bad my secondary school no primary school leh....

Hi Ruffy
I saw your blog! Your roster too. Now contemplating which is good for my kind of use... The oven will take up space while the pot can be kept inside the cabinets when not in use. Hmmm.
My bro gets salmon and oysters, mussels from this factory in Woodlands. Cheaper by quite a bit. Let me go get the address from him. I love salmon baked with cheese.
happy.gif

Hi Van
Waiting eagerly for your news. I used to tell people when waiting for tory to pop that the feeling was like holding on to a 4D first prize tic but just dunno when will open lor.
happy.gif

Hi Gisele
6 girls now all boys? hahaha.... We were counting the possibility of the gender of our next child too... My ILs had 2 girls, 1 boy(hubby). Then one sis had 2 boys and another sis, 2 girls. My side has 2 boys 1 girl (me), and I have 1 niece and 1 nephew. Very evenly spread out lor... so my hubby thinks our next should be a boy. hahahaha.
I think i climb too much stairs on thurs... maybe that's why. But when you say spotting, it is brown discharge? Mine was fresh red like menses. Quite scary.

Linda,
the bottom of the roaster is a normal chinese wok. so the top (oven) part can be stored away if not use and the bottom- wok can be used for everyday normal cooking. They have promoters for this item at Tangs BAsement - u like brand.
Thanks for helping me find out the info on OYSTERs.. can't find them at cold storage, giant/ ntuc. end up I buy scallop
happy.gif

Gisele,
where will u be registering Jay for Sch..so fast get a place so that he can have a better chance to get into the school.
happy.gif
Yeah..now property prices very hot.. too bad no $$ to buy any. Who will take care of your #2 when he arrives?

Linda
I had both red and brown discharge. Doc didnt give me the jab though only the hormone pills to stabalise the pregnancy. Did gynae give you MC to have total bed rest at home?
The gender on your side and hubby are so evenly spread, that's nice. Are you hoping for a boy next
happy.gif

Ruffy
We bought a new apt within 1km to Nan Hua primary. But that is not our first choice. We still prefer Henry Park primary but Mt Sinai's property is too ex which we cannot afford. We've submitted PV forms to both schools.

My aunty has agreed to take care of no.2 till he is 2yo. But no promise as she is experiencing menopause now so will see how it goes. Anyway, I've 5.5 mths maternity leaver , I would only go back to work in Oct 08. Hopefully by then, she would be fit enough to babysit.

hi mummies!
daddy knows me well enuff tat he brought me the notebook tis am
happy.gif
happy.gif

i tot yest was juz another usual weekly check but who knows its the last time i walked into the hospital as a preggy... gynae did a swap test on me when i told her tat i suspected waterbag leaking since wed evening. and bingo i'm right! tho its juz a small tiny rupture, dr said she wouldnt let me leave cos of the risk of infection and i shld have called them when i 1st suspect :p anyway i was 2cm dilated so doc said S has to be out "today". i felt really shocked cos i wasnt prepared at all. imagine i even had a lunch date...

anyway i managed to do it again using only the laughing gas - but i really cant think back how
happy.gif
and i did it tis time without hb's help - i'm proud of myself!
proud.gif
:p but eventually the gynae waited for hb to cut the umbilical cord and A was very happy to see his little sister in her bday suit crying on my chest
happy.gif
now he can never say she's not his sister aft he witnessed part of her birth
happy.gif

ok, enuff of my boring long stories... Here's our Little Xiao3 Gu1 Niang (which the nurses n doctors been calling her due to her long-winded loud continous cries). last but not least, weighing 3.37kgs at birth... heavier than gor-gor!

1052204.jpg
1052205.jpg

Oh Van!!! Savea is so sweet!!
happy.gif
she's got your looks!!! Very deep double eyelids wor!
happy.gif
You did it again!!!! well done!!!
happy.gif
Glad everything is smooth and both you and savea is well. How many days will you be in hospital?

Congratulations!!! Wow, you're a brave mummy...delivered on laughing gas only and twice somemore
happy.gif

Savea 'xiao gu niang' is so adorable. Very nice double eyelids she got
kao_smile.gif

Hi Van!!!

Hey, savea is a 'photocopy' of you leh! I can see you in her! Wow! Amazing.
happy.gif

Must say your hb is really thoughtful.
happy.gif

So special for Avos to be able to witness daddy cut the umbilical cord, and to see mei mei during her first few moments upon arrival.
happy.gif

Lastly, how did you do it? With ONLY the gas??!! You are brave and your threshold for pain is very high! I definitely need epidural...

OK, have a good rest.
happy.gif

Congratulations, Van!

Xiao gu niang is so lovely & pretty! She has such rosy cheeks! And yes, i have to agree she has your resemblence.
happy.gif

Wow.. you were so brave to go thru the labour with the aid of laughing gas only?! ~Good job!

Isn't it unusual for a kid to be present in the delivery theatre? Avos must be thrilled to finally meet his mei-mei!

Oh yes, your hb is indeed very caring and thoughtful. He just knew you needed your lappy!

How long is your stay? Rest well yar?

hi mummies,
thanks for the well wishes
happy.gif
and praises hehehe... dun make me 'yaya' *blush*

yeah, the moment i saw S i felt tat she's a photocopy of me and... yue kan yue xiang! hehehehe...

have not checked when we will discharge but i reckon shld b tmr since their norm is 72hrs aft delivery. will b having a candle-lit dinner 2nite - complimentary from the hospital
happy.gif

pink_tulip,
wanted to thank u for updating here. xie xie ni!
happy.gif

its indeed a different birth experience and i (so far) have not regretted to deliver here
happy.gif

gorgor also witnessed mummy in labour pain! imagine i had to answer him "yes, i'm fine" whenever he asked if i'm ok hahaahaa... perhaps its God's Will for him not to witness the entire labour cos i was only 4cm when daddy brought him to the pantry get some juices. the moment they leave the delivery suite (DS), i had the urge to push n i was 8cm
happy.gif
Thank God for being with us and answering our prayers along the way. I was actually half-hearted to bring A to the DS...

here's my da bao3 and xiao bao3:
1053008.jpg

Good morning!

Van

Da bao and xiao bao both look SO sweet
happy.gif
Gor gor looks like he will be a very good gor gor, loving mei mei a lot! The way the pic is taken is so nice. Avos has grown up liao. He looks very guai, sensible and happy. And look at Savea, got the contented look on her face (just got milk??)!

Oh Van!!
happy.gif
When I see that photo of Da Bao and Xiao Bao, aiyoh!!! I want to cry leh!!! Avos look SO SO SO happy and contened with his little sister!! I think he truly really will be a great gor gor!
happy.gif

How are you feeling? contented too?
happy.gif

Morning,
Van,
Whao..Savea looks so adorable
happy.gif
Avos looks so delighted to see his little sister. I'm sure he will look out for her and be her best playmate as she grows up
happy.gif

hi mummies!
we're fine, everyone getting used to the new routine n settling down. S has been good since we gotten home. she didnt cry *touchwood* as much as she was in the hospital. drink every 2-3 hours n sleep until next feed. also can see more fats on her hehehe... she was warded on wed evening for phototherapy as her jaundice level was higher than her discharge day. it wasnt serious/bad but since the sunlight here is unpredictable, we decided to let her go under the light. juz nice gorgor had super long weekend holiday, so whole family stayed there for a nite. seems tat A likes the hospital, told us tat he wants to slp in the hospital when we were going home on thurs evening! i have to repeatedly tell him no one is going to stay at the hospital again hahahahahah...

A is also enjoying his sister's presence, pretty protective towards her too. kept talking, showing / "teaching" her stuff. he loves meimei's companion to sleep in the room at nite
happy.gif

will send a PM with our new photo link and password
happy.gif

Linda & Gisele,
how r u both feeling now? getting better with the MS & exhaustion?

Hi Van
Great to hear from you!!

Sounds like the "new addition" is doing pretty well and the family is coping.
happy.gif
Cant wait to see her photos now that she is putting on some weight. Does she look diff?

Avos is enjoying his big brother role. great!!

You mean the two of them sleep together in Avos' room at night? Will Avos be awaken by mei mei? And is it more tiring for you to wake and go to her room compared to having her in your own room next to your bed? Any reasons? hahahaha...I very KPO hor? Learning mah....

Linda,
now i find S looks a little like Baby A. perhaps from a certain angle
happy.gif

no! wat KPO?!?!?! we're here to share n learn! yes, they both in the same room. for the 1st few nites A was stirred when meimei cried but managed to go back to sleep. aft few nites, i can hear him snores when meimei cries hehehe...

i try to go to bed ard 11+ or 12am aft the last feed, so tat makes me wake up once, maximum twice a nite - given tat i have to settle A for school at 6.30am. so not tat bad (or perhaps i've really prepared myself for the worst - Baby A woke up 2 hourly for milk or comfort!!!). when S cries, i'll bring her over to my room n nurse her on the armchair, change her diaper in my toilet b4 putting her back in the cot. so far the 2 boys r sleeping well. we decided to put the cot in A's room since he wanted it and we tot tat he may feel jealous or starts to feel the rivary if we put meimei in our room. most impt, i'm a light sleeper... so abit of movement / sound from S i will sure wake up... now i will only wake up from her cry thru the baby monitor
happy.gif

pai seh... so loh soh :p

hi hi
hahaha... what loh soh?? You are sharing!!!

I viewed the photos.
happy.gif
S looks a liitle diff and bette rthan from the time at birth, perhaps not as wronkly le? And you are right, she did become rounder.
happy.gif
Goodness from mummy.

I thot so abt rivalry when I read A & S sharing the same room..
happy.gif
Very understanding mummy to pass up one's comfort for the kids. I am "more lucky" cos tory still shares the same room with us but I wonder when she is able to sleep herself..hahaha.

Now S is waking up ard 3 hrs once for milk? You sleep so late, in the daytime not tired meh?

Something i must seriously learn this round - bf. I am hoping my eczema doesnt flare on my boobs this round so tt I can try my hands on bf... A bit early to be thinking of this but heck, I needed some hope too. Must really ask you & Pink to teach when my turn comes.

Dear mommies

We came back to SG since last Wed. Had been so busy with the sale of our condo. Finally everything is over, will be handling the keys to the buyer tomorrow and taking the 1.30pm flight back to HKG. Kyla will start morning class from Monday onwards! New routine for the both of us!

Van

I am full of smiles when browsing thru all your pixs in your new webbie. Such a good idea to have both your 'baos' in the same roomie!

I agree that Avos has becoming a great big brother to his meimei. Can see very clearly from all the happy pixs of him & Savea! I will enlarge that pix which you posted here and pin up in their room if I were you! Haha.. its such a picture perfect, really!

Keep updating us more...

Linda,
no loh... i didnt give up my comfort cos as i said i can sleep better without S by my side...
happy.gif
i only managed to wink for like 30mins each time in the hospital cos she refused to sleep in the bassinet... ended up next to me on my bed until we discharged leh...

tired - yes of cos! but i can always take nap when baby is zzz, as long b4 A comes back from school
happy.gif

bf - golden rule... must perserve! demand = supply. filter out all the neg comments abt bb jaundice due to BM, not enuff milk (i really hate tat when the nurses came n told me tat S is a big??? baby, my colostrum were not enuff for her, frequent nursing will only hurt my nipples, etc.). i mean she's sucking my brs n i know if she's hungry or juz seeking comfort :p got to go thru the 1st few weeks of frequent nursing (plus pain!) until the supply sort of stablise. baby plays an impt part as well. i must say S can nurse better than A and i'm blessed with lesser engorgement and milk came in n stablise earlier than the gorgor days.

How r u feeling now? still having MS? still working n travelling TPY n Woodlands everyday?

shimmrs/Linda,
thanks for viewing the site.
happy.gif

shimmrs,
yest he was so "great" tat he lifted n carried meimei when she was sleeping in her cot. i got a shock when i saw meimei's droppy head swinging left n right. i asked him why he didnt ask for help to lift meimei and he said "no, i juz check on her. she's not moving!" hahahahhaa... so i told daddy, wait for another few mths we'll know who's the bully hahahaha...

hi shimmrs
back in HK already?
happy.gif
Glad finally settled the sales of the house and stuff. how abt all the furniture? In warehouse? Are u going to stay in HK for long now tt you have sold the house?

Hi Van
Hmm... I would have thot having S by you side means you dun have to wake fully before picking her to nurse mah.. hahaa... I used to place milk powder in the separator, hot flask, right amt of water in 5 milk bottles right next to tory's cot so tt I have everything though the kitchen is just next to me. Lazy.

BF - I gave up cos of sore nipples which I thot was a cause of my eczema... Prior to tory's birth already sometimes like tt cos of scratching. So you mean there WILL be pain no matter how? Pain as in engorgement or sore nipples? And I thot if bf correctly (latched on properly) will not be pain?

I am feeling better. MS still comes and goes but comparatively better and confined to 6 - 8pm... But i eat a lot, prob put on lots of weight this round. Now even worst!! Office shifted to Ubi, travelling is longer. Looking forward to mid Dec holidays, then I will be freed!

Hi Linda,
eh, 4got to remind u tat bf NB babies usually will poo during or right aft each feed
happy.gif
so i still have to be awake to change her diaper middle of the nite...

i know wat u mean by placing all the stuff next to you n get them ready at nite cos tat was wat i suggested to my elder sis when she gave birth last dec
happy.gif
her's with a different reason tho... cos her baby simply cant wait a min for milk!

to me lah, i find frequent nursing will cause the cracked nipples / "raw" feeling. A was constantly wanting to suckle, so ended up every hour on the brs for at least 45mins. i was like a human pacifier. but tats also to stimulate more milk. so tis time smarter liao... apply nursing cream b4 the pain gets bad
happy.gif

so far my both experience on bf does have level of pain... be it sore nipples or engorgement, but both not as bad as the 1st time round. not sure for the others... maybe ruffy & PT can share their experience when they r free?
happy.gif

good tat u r feeling better and seems like ur hormones r kicking well
happy.gif

Afternoon mummies,
Van,
I saw the pics.. Very cozy and warm family pics
happy.gif
Avos really plays his part at the big brother well.

Linda,
2nd time around you will be more experienced and have a higher threshold. I'm sure that you will be more sucessful at BF this time around
happy.gif

For Me 1st 2-3days in the hospitals had cracked/bleeding nipples coz Roy really "bite" with his gum.. after his tongue tie operation is was much better. Engorgement normally happened often during the 1st mth.other then that so far not much of a problem as he still nurses very frequently. Till date still wakes up 3-4 times a night to nurse/ comfort sucking etc. ..anyway no hurry to wean him but trying to up his alternative foods. My 2 pumps are in cold storage..only actively used them during the 1st 2 mths to increase supply etc..now only direct latch him.

Van
I love the above pic as well. A very 'xin fu' pic...must blow up and hang ya
happy.gif

Van/Ruffy
Do you know which is a good electric milk pump? Is it Medela or Amelia? Thought of getting one. I only manage to pump and feed Jay for 1 month. My milk supply dropped drastically from 90ml to 10ml in one pump when I stopped doing it for one day.

I have tried to latch on but dont like the ticklish feeling :p

Hi Van
Eeww! Poo after every feed?? Oh no... another consideration then... I remember tory didnt need to change diaper in the middle of the night last time. Wow.. Expensive also.

I also went thru "suckle for comfort" phrase...tory refused to quiet down unless put on my breast but it sure hurt like mad. So I gave her pacifier instead though it took her a while to get used to it.

I am seeing my gynae again tomorrow. Hopeful that everything is fine.
happy.gif
And that I dun put on too much weight. hahaha

Hi Ruffy
When you get cracked/ bleeding nipples, do you still feed Roy directly? I got to ask my gynae re feeding baby direct with my ezcema... wonder if it is ok honestly lor... in the event i can bf, I think I will alternate direct and pumping... but that's subject to the baby's needs lah, maybe get nipple confusion?

Dear mommies
Back to HK last night. Had a tiring flight though its only 3 hrs. Really hate the unpacking and packing chore! urghh..

Kyla started Day 1 today for her AM class. So far so good, she came home in a good mood which made me happy.

Van/Ruffy
Talking abt breastfeeding really brought back memories of my breastfeeding days.. hahaha!!! Pain and mess are all I can remember!

Van
Great to sense that you are coping even better this time around! Its indeed heartwarming to hear of your both baos' little stories!!! *envy*

Linda
Thanks for asking. We managed to give away all our furniture thus no warehouse storage is required. Thankfully, our movers/packers were so professional, our furniture were carefully packed/moved and all cartons were neatly stacked up in a spare room at my mom's place! My hb and I were very satisfied with their service. We shipped over 5 cartons via Singpost by surface mailing.

Regarding to our posting in HK, our current contract has one more year to go. However, this is indefinite, may extend up to 5-7yrs, depending on the biz growth here. Will buy a new property when we return to SG, hopefully, after year 2009.
happy.gif

Linda, till now, still no chance to meet you and Tory leh, hopefully we will get to meet after your #2 arrive yar?

Linda
Everything should be fine with your checkup tomorrow.
happy.gif

You dun have to worry abt too much weight gain, you can still afford it! hahaha... come on, you are our slimmest mommie here, ok!

I should be the one worrying should i be expecting again. Btw, I am trying to lose at least 5kg before we decided to conceive so as to avoid becoming a big fatso after popping! And I am not joking, I gained 25kgs in my 1st, and still has 10kg to lose back to pre-preg weight. Therefore, I really have to watch my weight this time! Otherwise, may easily ended up a 80kg fatso with a huge backside swaying left to right! Isnt it scary?
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif

Linda,
i remember i hate to express milk during the 1st few weeks during engorgement cos with all the pain its juz minimum amt expressed
sad.gif
but tis time different loh... already have bags of milk stacking up in the freezer. tats y i agree tat every pregnancy n babies r different. take the opportunity to read up abt bfging when u have the time. u'll never know which line u read comes in handy
happy.gif

as for direct latch / EBM, A was fine with either one. i gave him the EBM only when he was 4 weeks old tho, cos i read between 4-6 weeks are the opening window for babies to switch between both???

shimmrs,
glad tat u've settled your house problem
happy.gif

eh, dont worry abt weight gain ok? i was eating alot of junk and surprised tat i gained only 10kgs tis time round (previous gain 18kgs) and now i left 3kgs to lose
biggrin.gif

Morning mummies,
Linda,
If you have bleeding nipples the gyane advised me not to bf that side. You can use Avant nipple shields if you get sore nipples. Roy is still not okay with EBM/bottle coz hasn't been very recepetive to it...also coz haven't been really actively promoting the bottle to him :p

Gisele,
I have Medela single manual pump and Amelda Dual Lactine motor pump. Both have their own benifits. The motor is faster and it can clear 2 sides at one go, The single pump is good for expressing outside. Both are very silent. Medela one cost abt $90?? Amelda one $350
http://www.medela.com/NewFiles/pumps_personalUse_manual.html#Harmony%20breastpump
http://www.ameda.com/products/personal.aspx
Photos of those i have

Mrsshims,
don't worry about weight gain lah. with 2nd one sure lose weight faster then when you were preggy with #1.
happy.gif
Now I have 1kg left to (55kg) target liao..
Gd to know that you managed to clear out all the furniture and am done with the packing. SEe you in HK. We go shopping for baking products/goods
happy.gif

Van,
Yup..2nd time gain lesser weight and lose faster.
happy.gif

Ruffy/Van
I am full of
kao_frustrated.gif
envy again! Both of you are just so fortunate to remain slim after #2.

Ruffy
Sure, will be glad to meet you here in HK. Weather is so cool now. 25-20C, Sunny. I simply love autumn!

Btw, did you use both different pumps on each brs?

Gisele,
i have an avent manual and a ameda dual electric. i'm now using the manual juz to relieve the engorgement and leaking. but prefer to use the dual electric when i need to express a feed / empty the brs. i think the only cons abt ameda is tat the valve n bellow wears off quite easily/fast especially if u use steam sterliser.

shimmrs,
nice weather! *envy*
happy.gif

Ruffy/Van
Thanks. Both of you uses ameda dual electric, it must be good. I shall wait for Taka/Robinson 20% sales to get one.

Ruffy
When you express milk outside. Do you bring the cooler box with you? If not, how do you store the milk?

When are you going to HK? Nice
happy.gif

shimmrs
You reminded me of my hol in HK last Nov
happy.gif
Nice weather and good food. Are you planning to go disneyland in Dec? Saw the TV ads on Disney nite parade and the light up castle...so nice
happy.gif

We came back a week ago from Cruise to Penang/Phuket and now I'm already thinking of a hol in Dec/Jan. Hoping to make good use of the 'free' time now before the baby pops
happy.gif

hi mommies
Pls can I have your opinion on these 2 beds. Wanted to get one for Jay but hubby and I are debating which one to get. Thanks.

Sailaway bed
http://www.piccolo-house.com/product/PH-MM200

Mickey bed
http://www.c-myroom.com/pm.htmloduct

Hi mummies
happy.gif
Proud to say baby is doing fine and dancing the cha cha when i saw it on ultrasound.
happy.gif
Limbs are being formed liao and doc says I should be "out of the woods" in another 2 weeks. I have put on 2 kg liao, i reckon it is not too bad considering the amt i am eating.

Hi shimmrs
Wow... another 5-7 years. Will you have intention to bring Kyla back for her formal education (Primary 1) ? I think very far hor?

kekeke... Weight issue... Reckon every woman's nightmare lor. Look at Pink, she is so tall and slim after 2 girls. I envy her more leh. As of now, I still dunno how I will turn out to be after this one... and now got maid, everyday just bum around do nothing, no exercise...
sad.gif
You say leh?

Hi Van
Guess I really have to read up in order to achieve even the slightest success. Though I am not too eager or pressure for bf to be successful, I like to give it a try to at least feel how it feels lor. I just got n second hand manual avent pump from the auction. Cheap, only $20...

Hi ruffy
But use nipple shield, the milk will still come in contact with the broken skin and hence get contaminated? I did pump out little milk during early days but threw it away.
sad.gif
And only miserably 20ml lor...
sad.gif

Hi gisele
Wow!! So fun, go on cruise! Did Jay enjoy himself? True that it is best to make FULL use of time that we have now... honestly I cannot imagine how it was like when tory was a newborn leh, forget liao.

I can only view the sailaway bed leh... mickey canot open.

Hello hello...

Linda

Glad to hear that your baby is growing fine
happy.gif
You must be feeling glad and relieved.

If you feel hungry, just eat. only need to be careful to choose the more nutritious foods.

Me- tall, yes... slim, no. hahaha... my weight losing always takes a loooong time... i'm not those who spring back to shape after confinement kind (I think you and van are leh).

Stay cheerful and take care
happy.gif

Oh ya, if you really want to bf, you must have the "i can do it" mentally. From my experience and observation, if one has the "give it a try" mentality, very hard to succeed....because the first week or two are tough! sore and cracked nipples, milk ss not built up yet, then engorgement... i would say that if one can hang in there for the first weeks, one will find bfg easy and convenient. but more importantly, beneficial to baby's and mummy's health.

Using a manual pump is not easy. It's time-consuming and tiring.

To best possbily avoid sore/cracked nipples, must latch on properly! then after each feed, apply bm on them, use nipple cream also can, then air them.

And as van put it, supply=demand. So if baby suckles, demand is there, supply will match.

shimmrs

i beat you in my wt gain for first pregnancy lah! so may you be comforted.
happy.gif
I also did not lose all that i gained before i conceived #2. H/w, i gained less the second time round, and lost more over the months (and years) till now almost pre-preg wt (but dorcas is almost 4 by Feb). so dun be too worried. just eat well and keep fit.

Back