(2003) Calling all 2003 babies

hi all mummies,
can i join this thread? i'm a SAHM with 3 kids - dd (born in 06/2006) & ds (born in 10/2004, 08/2006).

sorry. i don't have time to read thru' all the previous postings to know abt u gals. will try to do that if i hv the time ;-P

hi moshi2!

Any enrichment classes to recommend? Something I can register online now and I can leave both the kids with them for a couple of hours so that I can shop!
happy.gif
Better than the conventional babysitting.

Am looking into Chinese, music, drama, sports/dance.

Hopefully, I can register a couple of lessons with them, on short term and short notice type, since we are not gonna be around much, just three weeks.

Hi alicia!

Welcome!

I suppose dd is 06/2003?

Come and chat with us and share your juggling act with us. How do you cope with three?

I've already been neglecting my no. 2. Always feeling guilty about not doing enough for her... at the same time, also feel that I've been shortchanging No.1 on attention ever since No. 2 arrived... basically, can't help feeling torn and that I'm a lousy mom at times.

But of course, there are days we all feel better too when we get paid by our children's hugs and kisses.
happy.gif

Serenade, how is Chiltern? Good? Thinking of switching my girl's school.

4chongchong, sorry missed your previous posting. Ya, the spa is balik kampong. I went for the hot stone massage and cost me $78. The promo is quite worthwhile.

Hi Moshi,
Any idea when is Mel's next excursion? Hannah will be going to zoo in Jul. I'm tagging along as parent 'volunteer' - I was asked to help out. Hmm, hope it will not rain then.
happy.gif

Hi Serenade,
Good to know that Brandon has no problem integrating into the class and enjoying it. So you did not stay to watch him play?

u ladies are nightowls huh ... Serena, this is an open forum so sometimes we don't reveal as much here :> ... what school does your gal go to?

serenade, the books are here finally. so how?

jul 2 is not a school hol for B.

.ky.

Hi Kristin's mom,
Let me check with Hannah's sch regarding Jul 2.
Maybe we can meet somewhere central? IMM is good but the indoor playground is gone. How about Botanic Gardens? The kids can play while we eat & chat.

Mommies,
FYI. Family film fest @ Bontanic Gdns, details as follow:

Date: Sat, 30 Jun
Time: 6-10pm
Movie: Happy Feet

Have fun!

Hi KY, oops sorry. Maybe can chat thru email instead. My girl goes to Glory land in cashew. How about yours? I'm looking for a kindergarten.

I think Chiltren in Turf city charges quite high?

Anybody send their kids for swimming lessons? Keen to bring her for swimming but don't know where.

<font color="0000ff">update for Benny (Joanne)

Ladies, Joanne's PC is down!! She can't post at all! BTW, I have visited Joanne and Benny on last Saturday.

THANKS to all mummies and your prayers.. Benny is in the stage of recovery. <font color="ff6000">YIPPIE!!</font>

K's Mom, (to reply you on behalf of Joanne).. No chocolate for Benny yet.. No heating food though.</font>

Hi Serena

How's Gloryland in cashew? I'm keen to know more about the MI methodology. can share? B's in The Learning Ladder across from 10-mile.

Swimming lessons ... plenty to choose from but some of the cheaper coaches have quite big classes, like 10. I'm not putting B for swimming lessons ... we are just struggling on our own.

Botanic Gardens ... I'm keen but have to find the right timing; weather's pretty hot nowadays. Been thinking abt the Happy Feet showing too.

.ky.

hi sarah
is hannah doing the theme on animals? Mel is, for this term. But they aren;t going to the zoo, to a show instead, i heard.
it will be fun helping the teachers tame the excited kids, don't forget to make urself comfortable too, hot hot hot these days.

hi serena
great suggestions on the red n white food, we'll list them all down when the date draws closer.

hey, are u quitting ur job to be a SAHM?

about the party, we;ll also need someone to host, pleeeeeeeeese.
maybe for lunch on a sun?

hi k's mom
i suggest no enrichment classes for them while they are here, too short a time and most places don;t prorate fees. u know what, just go house hopping and babysitting will settle by itself;)

or tea parties with mommies in the west? and shopping, which i believe u can't resist,great sing sale ends in late jul for some places.
and fire station on a sat?
can i suggest east coast park also, there are some cool new restaurants u can hang out in.
Waraku japanese offers great food n is kid friendly, they give out jig saws to kids.
for local food, try hong kong cafe for yummy noodles and dim sum.
There's also a big and new Burger King now.

i saw the Road Safety Park the other day and was wondering if they have anything suitable for the very young.

but if u are really keen on checking out the enrichment scene here, send an email to the centre to ask if they offer trial classes. No committment, no fees plus u get to check out what they offer.
u can go to Kumon for a free diagnostic test.
Or gymboree to use the indoor playgrd, abt $8 per time, i think.
some music places also offer trials.

after that, u can file a report for us so we know who to boycott, heehee

alamak, would love to go for the family movie fest! But got dinner that nite...
uhoh.gif
Haven't watched Happy Feet yet. Enjoy mummies! Remember to bring mosquito repellent patches, esp for the kids.

Hi Alicia,
Welcome!

Hi Worrymum,
Thanks for the update on Benny. Glad that he's recovering well.

Hi ky,
When would be a convenient time for me to drop by and pick up the books? How much are the books? And thanks a great deal for helping me get the books!
happy.gif

Hi Sarah,
Nope, I didn't stay to check on him, even though they do allow it. Brandon kept telling me that I should get going
sad.gif
Looks like he's settling pretty well. Guess he has no problems with the class. Told me he likes the teachers and friends. Glad that he's happy there.

Hi Serena,
We are paying S$750 per month for CH. Is CH good? Think it depends on what you are looking for. Personally, I like the bubbly nature of the teachers there. At CH, they learn through play, so there's a lot of theme teaching. They are doing things that grow this term. And next week, they will be visiting Bollywood Veggies. Academics wise, they are doing a letter sound every week. Not much hothousing here. For chinese, the kids will be learning to write soon. The class is pretty small, 10-12 students with 1 teacher & an assistant. In addition, there's a dedicated teacher for teaching chinese and music.

If you are looking for a school that is more academic based, I suggest that you consider St James.

Aren't you teaching? Don't they allow teachers to go on unpaid leave?

Hi kristin's mom,

Brandon is attending school on 2 Jul. Able to meet up only after 2 pm. Let me know what you gals will be doing.

Aiya! I think why don't all of you come to my house and watch "Happy Feet" instead. I've got the VCD and a projector TV. So, should be able to accomodate everyone. Ha.. If you gals don't mind my house. Small but cozy and don't have to worry about mosq!!

Serenade, I think CH is alittle far for me. My hubby feels that convenience is most important. He would not send belle there for sure!!

KY, isn't Learning ladder costing $1000++ per term. I thought it was very X for a preschool. I chose Gloryland because there are 2 teachers there who happen to be my friends. So I kind of trust their teaching. You know what I mean?

BTW, did anyone catch Fann Wong movie? She swop souls with Gurmit in the movie!! Very funny!! I've got the VCD too. Who's keen? Can rent to you. Oops.. I mean lend it to you. Haha..

Serena...you mean just follow law? It was quite a funny show but very meaningful too and how they make the public service into a joke.

Wa! Pris, you caught this movie in Canada? You so updated!! Ya, the storyline is flat and predictable but looking at how they dig at the government is quite funny.

Ky, I'm not sure what you mean by MI method? I'm thinking of changing adabel to kindergarten rather than a childcare. Btw, Gloryland is a childcare. My girl get sick everymonth, So I thought Kindergarten would be better because only there for 3 hours and there's a break in June & Dec.

Apricot,

dh gog to HK for business trip from 10 to 12 july, so i m taking this chance to bring my kids to HK wif him, and then extend a day or 2 to go disney.

I know you just been there. Can I ask if you know of any kid friendly eating place in and around causeway bay ?

Any shopping tips ard that area too ? *sigh* now i wonder if i am able to manage the 2 kids alone during the day he is working.

TIA
sherlyn

Hi Serena

I thot Gloryland uses Multiple Intelligence methodology ... or did I remember it wrongly? TLL is a cc, if per term is based on 3 months, then yes, it's 1000++, can explore Gracefields ... a lot of kids I know goes to that kindergarden.

I think K's mom's landing on 1 Jul.

moshi, where's Waraku japanese and how's the prices like?

Serenade, pm me on the arrangements for book pickup. I'm home on most times

.ky.

hi ky
waraku has various branches and i personally like the one at ECP. Check their website for details, they posted their menu too. prices are mid-range.

hi sherlyn
wow, what fun, don't worry too much abt handling the kids on ur own, perhaps u can try to stay at a hotel that's linked to a mall. that would make things much easier, esp. if kids want a nap or poo or...

An exciting term for Mel, the school has planned for 3 trips, one to the Animal Resort, another to the library and also to watch a play titled Baby Love.

And yes, 2 Jul is a sch hol, so Cindy n Sarah, lemme know if we can do lunch.

Hi Ky, Yes Gloryland uses Multiple Intelligence methodology. I didn't know what you mean because you use abbrev. To me, it's just another term they use to attract parents. I chose the place purely because of the teachers and the convenience. How much did you pay for your child in Learning ladder for one month? Gloryland I paid $400 per month for half a day. Gracefield one month cost $500+ and it's much further from my house.

Serena ... TLL is $534 per month, at 5% GST. Gracefiel is not at $500 ... can't remember how much but sure it's not that much, maybe $200++ per month?

moshi, tx. will check out on website ... ya, Mel's school's pretty happening. I've given up on trying to get B's school to org creative outings like this. Something that I'm not satisfied with. I've provided them brochures on plays but they ended up not going ... so I'll do outings I feel interesting on my own.

Sherlyn, a suggestion fo HK ... book a karaoke room. It's quite cheap for a night, plus u can order dinner. and since it's an enclosed room, the kids can run around inside. I was stationed in HK when I was single and I hardly ever see families out there ... HK people never strike me as pro-family or family-friendly folks. But that was bcos I was single perhaps :> ... if u need to explore somewhere different in HK, go to the islands ... I prefer the air there too.

.ky.

Moshi,Kristin's mom,
Yeah, Jul2 a hol for me too!

Serenade,
Is CH considered as kindy? If yes, most likely you are off on Jul2 too.

Moshi,
Hmm, I don't know what's the theme for this term, no chance to speak to her teachers yet.

I think the play should be good, its about sibling rivalry. I always enjoyed SRT's plays. Animal resort? Never been there. Are parents allow in any of these outings?

Yeah, I think Jul quite a happening month for Hannah too. There's Racial Harmony Day, which I'm doing 'volunteering' work again, Family Day..

Hi Sherlyn, I went HK in Feb - our group is 4 adults and 4 kids age range from 1+ to 4yrs. We didn't go disney cos think the kids are too young for the rides and feedback is that it's small & crowded. We spent a day in Ocean park and the kids love it - the oceanarium is awesome, the jelly fish, ferris wheel, cable car, panda bears etc. Victoria Peak has kids-friendly restaurants. We went to sogo at causeway bay for shopping - the toys are cheap. Also went toys shopping at Taiyuen street (wanchai mtr) - they are a steal compared to prices here.

moshi / sarah, my ds went to animal resort 3 yrs ago for a sch outing and my hubby went with him then. Small place with a few animals but it's good fun for young children.

Hi moshimoshi, sarah,
CH is a childcare, so there would be class on 2 Jul
sad.gif

Hi Ky,
Will PM you on the collection of books.

Hi Sherlyn,
Just go and enjoy the trip! The kids may simply enjoy staying in the hotel. Well, my kids do!

wow, sarah, u will be a busy mommy this term, how fun! what's happening for racial harmony day?
have u got a costume for hannah?

parents are not invited to any excursion this time, how sad, i would love to kaypoh, heehee.

hi serena
mel goes to Zion Bible Church in Bishan, she looks forward to going to sch every morning and simply adores some of her friends, so no complaints here, no school's perfect.

hi serenade
how true that kids would love just the hotel room, mel was happy just jumping on the bed, haha

Hey, mommies, saw this from another forum.
Anyone been?

<font color="0000ff">Kids Kampong
11 Pasir Ris Farmway (Tel: 6583 9030)

From TPE, exit at Pasir Ris Dr 12 (Exit 5). You will pass SSMC & UMCi. You will see a very big banner "Mainland Fishfarm" and a smaller yellow banner "Kids Kampong". That's the road to get in.

There're koi fishes, some rabbits, a tortoise pond, one noisy goose, some ducks, chickens. Pay $1 for a small packet of food for feeding. For $11, you get a bucket, a small net, a small packet of feeding food, a bottle of mineral water and an ice-cream for 1 hour of longkang fishing. $3 for line fishing.</font>

Hi Sarah!

Basically, mutiple intelligence is a theory put forth by Howard Gardner, who believes that there are many different categories of intelligence, like the linguistics, spatial, musical, kinesthetic, logical-mathematical etc... can't remember the rest, but you can certainly google it to get more details.

So some schools claim that they apply MI to address different types of learners or to harness a child's potential to bring about a more holistic education.

Hmmm... isn't that what we try to do with our kids everyday?

Hi moshi2, Sarah, Serenade!

Maybe we could meet for tea, from 2pm onwards where Serenade can join us?

Anywhere convenient for you, Serenade?

Hi Sherlyn!

DOn't stress yourself too much during your trip. Plan to achieve little and relax.

If you really cannot find anything, a toy store will usually entertain kids quite a bit. Or bookstores. My kids love to hang out in bookstores.

DO the kids enjoy dim sum? Pack them in some restaurant and let them eat... time will pass.

Otherwise, they'll always be happy to stay in the hotel room if all else fails.

Kids usually have little expectations, it's us adults who will be fretting about what to do. :eek:)

Back