(2003) Calling all 2003 babies

Hi Kristin's mom,

I'm impressed by CH too. I was expecting Brandon to follow the class' learning pace. Am really glad that they take notice of his reading ability and willing to let him read something more challenging.

I have not much complaints abt his speech except that he still can't get the "l", "sh" and "th" sounds right. His "l" sounds more like "y", "sh" sometimes sounds like "s" (when he's lazy) and he still can't do the "th" sound yet. So, "late" sounds like "yate", "ship" would sometime sound like "sip" and "three" would be "tree". Hopefully the speech and drama classes will help him in this.

Yup, we took the new Boeing 777ER, 3-3-3 in a row. We requested for seats 3-1. 3 seats with the window seat and 1 seat just across the aisle. And of course, being seated with the two kids, I have a slightly busier time than my hubby. Fortunately for me, my kids slept well on the plane. When awake, the inflight entertainment would keep them occupied. Does Kristin like the kids' shows? They have quite a few variety. My kids are addicted to Dora the Explorer. Otherwise, bring along your laptop and play Kristin's favourite Hi 5 to keep her busy
happy.gif

No hurry abt the dinner. Let's arrange for something when you are back. Just in case, you might not get online easily, I'm emailing you my contact no.

Hi 4ChongChong,
Terribly sorry for this evening! My mom "recalled" me home for dinner this morning and it slipped my mind to msg you. I'm really terribly sorry. I'll call you and arrange for a proper meetup.

I should be the one feeling stressed. Most kids are bilingual and mine are still monolingual. But I'm taking it easy at the moment. Hoping to incultivate the love for Chinese first.

Talking abt parents helping with school projects, I'm not surprised. Even some GEP students' projects/work are done by their parents. And not only that, I came across some parents who expect the tutors to complete their P1 kids' school projects. Sometimes, I do wonder if I will need to do that for my kids. Hopefully not...

Hi Sherlyn, my girl gets sick everymonth too. The only one time she didn't get sick was when I deliberately stop her from going to school for a month. So, I always thought of changing a kindergarten for her. Now she's in CC. Btw, I wonder is it because I didn't breast feed her when she was young. I heard breast milk is supposed to help in building immunity in them.

Joanne, If you want to buy leap frog, there's a promotion in Toys Russ now. Buy any 3 toys and the 4th toy is free. Promotion valid on 29 to 30 June. Of course you can combine with a friend to get the toys plus you need to have the member card. If you don't have, I can pass to you. Too bad I just bought baby alive and the promotion came out only yesterday. If not I would have gladly combine with your purchase.

Serenade, I'm not too sure about helping kids to complete their projects either. Prefer that they can do it on their own then they will have a sense of achievement.

Kristin mom, you sounds like you have done your packing and getting ready to come back S'pore anytime. That's really efficient! Enjoy your flight back.

Moshi, did you manage to paint the shoes with mel during the holidays?

hi,
happened to come across this thread. i have 2 girls - sep 2003 and mar 2006.

Got a question, hope the kind mummies here can help. Are the leapfrog 5 dvds available in singapore? want my older girl to pick up phonics
happy.gif

tia

Serena, joanne.
Ops.. *I need to find a hole to hide. Dont give me such a big hat*..
embarrassed.gif
hahaha.. <font color="ff0000">Good friends are really hard to come by and when we spot one, we leech on them for life lah!</font> <font color="0077aa">must leech on to worry mum</font> come, come, come and leech... no problem at all, me too.. hold tight tight to you all here..
biggrin.gif

BTW, the waiting time in the OT is really stressful.. me kenna once when Benjamin went for Chalazion removal in Day Surgery. I fully understand how Joanne feel at that moment, furthermore, Benny's surgery is a long hour operation. Thought cannot physically appearing at the OT, just hope all our prayers and sms are with you all the times to keep you occupied. And really that is the least I can do.
embarrassed.gif

Leapfrog.. all LF products is very costly. See...so many mummies commented it good too, so you no worries liao.. Hmm the DVD is not selling in store, got it order from overseas, (Joanne, wait for my good news, ya.) I just join one of the BP for Word Whammer... ladies check it out.. they do have a new product - Word Launch.. think very good for 'investment' too.

Sherlyn,
PCF - ops.. u mean u r not given an pink book for communication each week? Benjamin went for a Zoo trip with the Teachers. As only Nursery students (2 classes x 30students) went, and all teachers inclusive K1, K2, to be included in the outing.. I guess more then enough teachers, that's why parents are not welcomed at all! Frankly really worried, as 1st outing without parents, worried can he eat himself, go toilet hiimself etc.. Results: He proofed that he can go on himself with the teachers! See our child had grown up. Is time for them to learn to be independent. That is really different from the private kindy..
The other that u mentioned.. is something like report book right, ya, we have that too.. Sometimes, the teachers also passed back his worksheet that he did in the class for us to see, and they are ask to do a few worksheets every 2 weeks together with parents at home.

Ya, worry mum's right. Imagine.. for about 4 hours, me walking up and down the walkway, getting up and back to the chair. checking out time from my hp... thou my FIL is with me, we never talk. Too worried and don't know what to talk about. Sms do keep me busy and forget about the anxiety for a short moment.

As for LP, maybe I'll comb thru Yahoo auction to look out for great deals. Medical fees has burn a big hole into our savings so the next impt thing is to save.. save and save. Was so worried that Benny would just dump it aside after playing for a short while.. I'm sure his dad will nag for a whole month after the purchase.. but who cares, I'll just stuff my ears with wools.. haha

Chloe...Leapfrog DVDs are not available in Singapore. They are sold only in US and Canada according to the label on the box.

Joanne...at least Benny is recovering and all we can do is just supporting you in prayer and You are a brave mummy.

worry_mum...will leech on you too when I am back for good. Yeap, good friends are hard to come by.

Serenade...Brandon is already very advance compare to some children in Singapore and I am sure CH has a very good system too.

oh i see, then i probably have to get via amazon.com. thanks.

has anyone heard of "ants on the apple a a a "? It's a song on phonics. My girl learns this in PCF and I think Allen Morris sells the CD, wondering if it is good?

The PFC that my girl attends had a trip to Underwater World before June's holiday. We just had a parents-teacher session and the teacher did a portfolio for each student. There was also an open house in the afternoon. My girl carries her communication book to & fro everyday. The teacher will drop notes on & off. Think every PCF operates quite differently.

Hi Chloe,
kao_welcome2.gif

Sorry, could we know Where do you putting up? Mind to let us know u r SAHM or FTWM? Child's name? I will update the group's data when the information provided. TIA

Wah.. underwater world. ur girl must be very happy. Ya, think each PCF operates differently. The phonics song is it.. Ants on my ankle a a a x 3, a is the sound of a.? Hmm.. not bad.. they can learn all the phonics thru the book. Thought the school provides the CDs leh. My boy PCF are given this Disc to all students. check it out..

<font color="0077aa">Pris,
yeah.. yeah.. we will leech on U too.. hehe</font>

hi worry mum,
we stay in cck, i'm a ftwm. my girls r chloe & charlene.

yeah, she was very happy indeed
happy.gif
for many weeks after that, every night she wants me to play pretend school and excursion to underwater world!

Her pfc never gives the CD leah, I just caught her singing a few alphabets i thought it was interesting so i googled and found this website http://www.kiddyhouse.com/Songs/alpha/a.html

<table border=1><tr><td>FORUM NICK</TD><TD>Name / Gender</TD><TD>Mth of Birth</TD><TD>Name / Gender</TD><TD>Mth of Birth</TD><TD>Name / Gender</TD><TD>Home Sweet Home</TD><TD>Status </TD></TR><TR><TD>hippo2002</TD><TD>G (name?)</TD><TD>Jan.02</TD><TD>G (name?)</TD><TD>Feb.04</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Bedok</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ky</TD><TD>Benedict</TD><TD>Feb.03</TD><TD>Keith</TD><TD>Jan.06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>CCK</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>KeiKei</TD><TD>Rachel</TD><TD>Mar.03</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>4ChongChong</TD><TD>Charlene Chong</TD><TD>Mar.03</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Hillview</TD><TD>PTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Amum (Apricot)</TD><TD>Aston</TD><TD>Apr.03</TD><TD>Princes (Twins)</TD><TD>EDD late 07'07</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Irene</TD><TD>G (name ?)</TD><TD>Apr.03</TD><TD>Bryan</TD><TD>May.05</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joanne (jojoscs)</TD><TD>Benny</TD><TD>Apr.03</TD><TD>Bryan</TD><TD>Jan.05</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Bt Gombak</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sherlyn</TD><TD>Tew Jing An (B)</TD><TD>Apr.03</TD><TD>Tew Yu Xin (G)</TD><TD>Oct.04</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Clementi</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jan (icechoc)</TD><TD>Sonia</TD><TD>Apr.03</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Bt Batok</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sarah (densar)</TD><TD>Hannah</TD><TD>May.03</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Changi</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Serenade</TD><TD>Brandon</TD><TD>May.03</TD><TD>Cheryl</TD><TD>Jun.05</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Hillview (France)</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>MH</TD><TD>Wei Shuen</TD><TD>Jun.03</TD><TD>Li Shuen</TD><TD>Jan.06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Jurong East</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Serena Tay (aiken)</TD><TD>Adabel</TD><TD>13.06.2003</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Bt Panjang</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>alicia see may chan </TD><TD>G (name ?)</TD><TD>Jun.03</TD><TD>B (name?)</TD><TD>Oct.04</TD><TD>B (name?) Aug 06</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>BlurPooh</TD><TD>Shawn</TD><TD>Jul.03</TD><TD>Shanon</TD><TD>May.05</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Joo Seng</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emily</TD><TD>B (Name?)</TD><TD>Aug.03</TD><TD>B (name?)</TD><TD>Mar.05</TD><TD>Faith (14.05.07)</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kristins_mom</TD><TD>Bryan</TD><TD>Aug.03</TD><TD>Kristin</TD><TD>Aug.05</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Tiong Bahru (Germany)</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>hook</TD><TD>B (Name?)</TD><TD>Aug.03</TD><TD>B (name?)</TD><TD>Mar.07</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>??</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Moshimoshi</TD><TD>Melody</TD><TD>Sep.03</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Ang Mo Kio</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>WorryMum</TD><TD>Benjamin</TD><TD>Sep.03</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Bt Gombak</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ku</TD><TD>G </TD><TD>Sep.03</TD><TD>B</TD><TD>EDD May07</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Priscilla Neo</TD><TD>Kai En</TD><TD>Sep.03</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Toh Guan (Vancouver)</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yasmine</TD><TD>Zo En (G)</TD><TD>Sep.03</TD><TD>Zo Ze (B)</TD><TD>Sep.06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chloe2003</TD><TD>chloe</TD><TD>Sep.03</TD><TD>charlene</TD><TD>Mar.06</TD><TD></TD><TD>CCK</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Meilan</TD><TD>Jay Kai</TD><TD>Oct.03</TD><TD>Jay Cin</TD><TD>Dec.05</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pooh</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>Oct.03</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>May.06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Joo Seng</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>moo87</TD><TD>Zavier</TD><TD>Oct.03</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Minnie (minnie_gal16)</TD><TD>Joshua</TD><TD>Oct.03</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>East</TD><TD>?? </TD></TR><TR><TD>sahm888</TD><TD>B (Name?)</TD><TD>Oct.03</TD><TD>G (name?)</TD><TD>Jul.05</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sunflower</TD><TD>Cedric</TD><TD>Nov.03</TD><TD>Denzyl</TD><TD>Dec.05</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>miracle_bebe</TD><TD>B (Name?)</TD><TD>Nov.03</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Henderson Crescent</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>JessChan</TD><TD>B (Name?)</TD><TD>Dec.03</TD><TD>B</TD><TD>Yr '2000</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>??</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sj Ong</TD><TD>Z (B)</TD><TD>Dec.03</TD><TD>L (G)</TD><TD>Dec.01</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>East</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vicval</TD><TD>G (name?)</TD><TD>Yr 2003</TD><TD>G (name?)</TD><TD>Yr 2005</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>?? </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hollie Go</TD><TD>G (name?)</TD><TD>2003</TD><TD>B (name?)</TD><TD>2006</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>???</TD><TD>?? </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Ya worry mum, no pink book .. no worksheets to do at home too .. looks like i had a lousy PCF
happy.gif

too bad the kindy here do not hv speech and drama .. am thinking of sending him to one

Sherlyn,
R U Buddhism? If not, you can try to give beef to build up their immunity system leh.. it certainly helps..

Chloe,
embarrassed.gif
Paiseh.. me stay Gombak, my mum in CCK.

Thanks for your link.. if this is the one.. then that's a bit different. However, I think better get something ur girl's PCF is teaching. Or you check with her for M, the school teaches her monkey or mummy loves me mmmm. to see is it the same.

Hi mummies with children in PCF

Do you know how many students there are in your child's class? my girl's class was only 10+ in the 2nd semester, but now they merged 2 class into 1 so it is a very big group (handled by 2 teachers)!

Sherlyn,
Ops.. as what chloe mum mentioned.. different PCF operates differently.. Or you can feedback to the Principal..

So U attending the BBQ on 6 July? Me at first thought of replying I can go.. then suddenly recd an msn from HB saying that he outstation and back on that day. Thus cannot confirm my attendance yet.

Chloe,
My boy's class - 1st semester is around 26 students and 2 teachers, then current one.. they break into 2 groups abt 13 each by 1 teacher.

hi worry mom,
oh i have the one from apple tree (hand me down) but a bit different from the version she is learning at school. thanks anyway.

was reading the thread re writing. her teacher told me most of the children can write, my girl can only trace dotted lines. very high expectation these days
sad.gif

HI Serena!

Nope, not packed yet. Am still busy with the house stuffs, e.g. make sure my balcony plants will have enough fluid for the next three weeks... ;)

Also, gotta clear some lanudry.

Anyway, we will be Sat night flight out. So plenty of time still. I hate to pack a little at a time. I just need three hours to do complete pack and check. Besides, we are going back to Sg. Really don't have to wreck brain on what to bring for clothes... haha!!!

Hi Chloe's Mom!

Welcome to our thread!

Yeah! Ditto there on writing. Expectations so high these days
sad.gif

Btw, thanks for the tip on the Phonics Letters Song. Think my ds will love it. He loves to sing along.

Hi Sherlyn, err...I stayed at Excelsior during my biz trips and impression is sogo is just behind, but maybe cos was walking without kids!
biggrin.gif
With kids, the concept of distance changes! Tks for asking, so nice of u. u enjoy your trip. I still have some toys from Feb stash.

HI Serenade!

GOt your mail!
Phone you soon, most prob on Mon.

Dh will be busy the first few nights out... long MY review programme there. Will look into his calendar and plan around it. Got to get him to print me another copy of his programme.

Ky and mommies,
Is Jul6's BBQ still on? If yes, count me in. Or has it been changed to another day?

BBQ @ Ky's place,Jul6
1. ky
2. serena
3. kristin's mom
4. sarah

Hi Sherlyn!

First time reading your post so early... :p
Kids are napping now?

Hey, wanna meet up next week after JA's school? You are the nearest to us!
happy.gif

Will be bringing kids down to Clementi Polyclinic on Jul 4 for their health assessments. Hee.. kiasu me, made appts already.

Dear all, I'm back in action now that I finally get some breather since JK's term has started again. Joanne, I spotted you back in the thread. Glad to know all's well now with Benny.

Serenade and Cindy, hope to meet up with you soon. JK has 5 off days in the Jul and Aug on top of the public hols, so maybe I can join some of the gatherings here.

Welcome jan and chloe.

I would like to do a poll on naps here. How many of the kids here have given up their nap? I find it increasingly difficult to get JK to nap and even if I succeed, he will only rest very briefly, at most an hour. There is also no difference in his bedtime and energy level whether he takes a nap or not. In fact, he keeps telling me he's not tired. So I'm wondering wonder I should continue to force him or just let him be.

Hi Kristin's mom,
Yeah, let's hope the BBQ gathering works out. Else, we have to rearrange another day. Let me know which day is good for you.
happy.gif

Btw, when will you be back in Sg for good? Oh yes, West Coast still considered dengue zone. In fact, there's a 3rd death this week.

Hi Joanne, since u mentioned abt medical fees for Benny, may I ask if u got any medical insurance for him? Attempt to buy medishield for my dd and was declined by insurer underwriter as she had surgery before and a medical condition. It's an irony that the more likely one needs medical coverage (touchwood!), the more difficult to get from insurance co. Duno which other insurance co should I try incase get declined again.

Meilan,
Poll on naps. - My Benjamin still need to nap for almost 2.5 to 3 hrs daily without failed. If not he will be super cranky. How I wish he can give up his nap.. so I can have more times with him during the weekend.
crazy.gif

KY,
What time will the BBQ starts and ends?

Chloe,
U wanna join in for the BBQ? Very near to you leh.. somewhere opp Yew Tee MRT.

HAHAHAHA.. Chloe, both our kids.. need to nap for so long ya.. perhaps is sept bb lah..
biggrin.gif

Hi Meilan,

My girl has to sleep at least 2.5 to 3 hours every afternoon without fail. sometimes she sleeps longer than her 15 mths old sister ha ha :p

Hi Chloe / Kristen's mum, my dd can't write either. Tracing so-so, for dot-to-dot just manage to pass la. She colours terribly too, shhhh...we always praise her that it's great abstract art when the bro said 'so messy!'.

Hi Meilan,
Was thinking about you. Good to know your routine is back.

Perhaps JK has outgrown naptime? If he doesn't want to sleep, having some rest/quiet time is equally good. How about early bedtime then? I know, it can be difficult in Sg with so many distractions.

For me, Hannah's dark circles is a sign that she's tired. She can stay awake, just that mommy finds the dark circles an eye sore, so force her to nap, and its gone when she wakes up.

My kids still nap for at least an hour. But if there are activities, then my dd can go without. On the other hand, my son (5 yrs) is the one who MUST nap.

worry mum, I'm the opposite. Hope they nap longer than I got more time to do my chores!
kao_sticktongue.gif

Welcome Chloe!

Hi Meilan,
Great that your routine is back! I'm still trying to adjust mine. Whether he naps or not depends on how tired he is. And this week, he manages to wake up at around 9 every morning, attends school in the afternoon and goes to bed after 11pm. We tried going to bed earlier at 10pm last night but it doesn't help. Brandon would stay up till much later. But I can see that he's beginning to feel tired... Hopefully he will soon learn to go to bed earlier.

Hi Worrymum,
Mind if I leech on you too? :p You are certainly a great friend to have! Looking forward to meeting you at ky's place.

Hi Pris,
Good to hear your confidence abt the exam! No joke abt studying with a young kid. Give yourself a pat!

Hi Sheryln,
Did you check out the nearby community centres? I heard that some do offer speech & drama courses. Otherwise, can check if the pcf offers such classes. I read elsewhere that it's optional in some pcfs.

Hi moshimoshi,
What would I need to do if I host the National Day meet? My place is certainly not ready, but the function room certainly is :p My husband is having some exams after the public holidays, so I can't depend much on him. Let me know what is required and I'll see if I can handle it
happy.gif

Jan
Benny was not covered by an insurance and really regret not buying him one. My DH doesn't believe in that.. he thought it's a waste of money.. (i've been lecturing him on that) I'm trying to buy medishield for him but think the cyst thingy will be excluded in the policy. As for Bryan, I'll definetely buy for him.. just that I've been too busy with Benny's medical condition that things have to be postponed.. My bro in law is in AIA and I'm buying thru him.. Maybe you'll like to have his contact to try buying for your DD??

Hi Sheryln, the PCF my dd attends offer speech & drama class. my dd currently attends jg edudrama, kinda regret not signing up the PCF one, so much cheaper than jg :p

Back