(2002) Any 2002 babies?

My dd's school will be having meet the parent session and collection of report book on 18/11/2009. Still no news on her result yet leh.. very anxious now.

valerie
My boy's school followed the secondary school vacation timetable so that's why his hols has started.. he's so so happy not to go to school!

bebe,
yes, they don't follow the teaching method totally, though they do follow the syllabas.
The maths paper is quite togh. This year, the lowest score for P1 for maths is 10!
I also hate going to Thomson Plaza during those "peak" hours... can nvr find parking lot. When my girl had ballet classes at Crestar previously, I took a bus there instead...really saved a lot of hassle.

my gal's class's havin a party durin recess dis wed so i tink report book shd b returned dis wk or so. if not de form teacher'll not b free to organise parties rite?
happy.gif

so far only know Chinese overall results 95/100. eng n maths only know exam results.

hihi,

any mummy send your kid to MPM or Kip McGrath for math? my dd din do well for her sa2 math so thot of sending her for tuition.
appreciate your comments. thks.
happy.gif

Hi All

I will be having the ptm on 17 nov...my gal was selected as a star pupil in class....so happy for her..basically star pupil is a role model of good behaviour & character and she will be on stage to receive her award

Bebe,
It depends on what course. I signed up my boy for badminton in CC. Altho the class is 15 kids. That is acceptable to me because he will get to exercise (vis-à-vis be a coach potato at home). There are also some interesting course like Magic tricks which I thought is hands on for kids.

My gal is having several post exam activities this week...various interesting activities eg fencing, golfing, archery, mosiac art etc..
I dun think there is any PTM this term as it was not listed in their term schedule. I can only email to her Teacher to find out about her perfomance and weakness area..hopefully the teacher will reply me soon.

MPM
My gal is currently attending MPM. She started MPM in June this year. Her Maths for SA1 was 62, for SA2 she has 73. I do not know if the improvement is solely due to MPM classes. She did quite badly for her class tests in Aug-Sep, scoring marks as low as 40+ to 60+.
We only got to see her results in Oct ie 2 weeks before her exams..and from there on, my hubby and I had been grilling her with past year papers., Prob her weakness was not able to tackle exam technique adequately.
MPM does entice her to do Maths, and with various tool kits - my gal is always motivated to complete the assignments. Prior to MPM, she is very weak in pattern recognition and spatial skills, now she can do these with ease. However, MPM originates from Taiwan and we are not very comfortable with their English usage. Some of the phrases/words used are quite misleading. We had made several feedback to the teacher. I will continue let my gal attend MPM but will exercise close monitor.

Jolene
congratulations...yr gal is indeed smart..you must be proud of her..

Maisy Daisy
Ya..,I agree it depends on the organisers in the CC. I am also keeping a lookout for other interesting holiday courses in CC. For those staying near Braddell Height CC...I think you can take a look at the activites there...seemed much more interesting than the one at my place (TPY).

Jolene: Congrats
happy.gif
You muz be proud of her
happy.gif

My son's school will not have PTM. Thus I will be calling his school to talk to his teacher abt his performance.

hello all mummies, new to this forum thread!

M getting anxious on my son who is in Primary 1 this year, n he is not good at doing his comprehension, cloze passage. Next year, he is going to Pri 2, I need to do something.

I am a working mum, anyone can share which enrichment school is good?

Time flies! Next Fri is end of school term

Beginning of this year we were all so excited about 1st day in school & zoom, now almost time to collect report card
biggrin.gif

yawn yawn,

Yah, time really flies. dd's last day of school is next thursday. Went to popular bookstore yesterday, it was flooded with new text books and assessment books.

Yawn Yawn: Yup. My son is collecting his next yr
happy.gif

Cookiepie: I am waiting for his book list to compare prices with Popular :p

Bebe75: Do u still want to know abt Lorna Holidays classes? I took the schedule. Cant decide which one to choose. There are 2 classes:purely Compo writing or a mixture which oso has writing.

My gal's last day of school will be next Tues. Next Monday she will get her report book.

Avrilf - I think I am not going to sign up any holiday writing classes for my girl. I spoke to her English Teacher few days back, as I had requested to review her compo scripts. She told me they are not allowed to release the scripts to parents. In the end, she read out my gal's paper to me over the phone. From there on, I had a rough idea where the problems lie. Her subject-verb-agreement skills is very weak. Another major issue is she did not read what she write. She switched the character's names in the middle of the para - from writing from a 3rd party's perspective, she became the main character in the story. This is not the first time it had happened. She also did not check her spelling and punctuation.
I think I also need to strengthen up on her grammar area, and get her to do more writing at home. If things does not improve by next year CA1, I will then enrol her in BC, which is nearer to my place.

Oh, I'm surprised the school term doesn't end precisely on 20 Nov. No news from my dd's school so I presume last day of school is next Fri

Valerie: Yes. They emailed me on their offers every now and then
happy.gif

Today there is no class for my son cos the teachers are working on the final adminstrative stuffs before giving the students' report book on 16 Nov

Mine is 16 Nov they have a matinee so no school. 17 Nov there is a excursion , and the report book will be released that day. Got a bad feeling my gal will lose it ha ha .

BTW , thanks for the effort that bebe75 has done the collation of SA1 papers.

I will be doing the SA2 papers.

So do email me at [email protected] your child's SA2 papers with answer blanco. Thank you.

natellehcim
any school is welcomed. Let the kids practise one last time or as revision before they move on to P2

Just a update of what I have on hand so no need to repeat
1. NYPS (myself)
2. CCKPS ( Carol)

Hi CL, please count me in. Thanks for the effort.

avrilf, will drop by Popular to pick up the copy tomorrow.

btw, my dd marks are Chinese 64.5/80 (points lost in comprehension), English 59/60 and Math 92/100. A bit disappointed on her Chinese, thought she could do better.

CL
Thks for initiating the compilation of SA2 papers..I have returned my gal's exam scripts to the sch, not sure if they will be given back to us before the term end. Heard from another parent that the sch does not release the scripts in the previous years. I will contribute once I get them.

Hi Valerie,
Congratulations to your dd on English and Mathematics. Don't be disappointed about her chinese results. My son also did not do well for his english, hoping that he can improve next year.

I am quite surprised about my son's chinese though. thought that he might did badly this time round. To my surprise, he told me that he scored with 94/100. I asked him why is he so sure about it and he commented that his chinese teacher said to him that he had improved by 5 marks as compared to last SA1.

Any mummies started shopping in Popular for assessment books for the coming year?

Hi,
I intend to source for P2 assessment books soon to let my boy practise them during the holidays, kindly share if you have any recommendation. Ha! A bit kiasu...Tks.

Wan Wan

You not kiasu lah. I intend to buy P3 assessment books
biggrin.gif

I feel that for English, not much difference between P2 and P3

Hi Familyfirst,
U have P2 or P3 textbook to exchange? I don't need P3 books. If you want P1 textbook, I can exchange with U but they are used since last year. They are from my niece, still quite new. Do you want Eng, Maths or Chinese? Moral education?

Hi Yawn2,
Is that true? Thou my ds did quite well for his eng exam, I think his english is only P1 average level esp his compo and compre. I think he will need to go thru step by step learning don't think I will get P3 ones for him.

Juz now I went to Popular to take a look at the assessment papers. I saw many parents and their children are already choosing and buying many assessment books...U are right, I am not not kiasu...

mummies,
what do you do with the P1 assessment books and done past year papers? dump into the rubbish bin? or keep for 6 months?

Wan2
Thanks for your reply. I will keep your message in mind becos as i found one mom who's keen in
P3 book (which i have to exchange).

Hi avrilf, thanks. Do keep me in the loop after your planning. Me currently planning for my family trip to Bali too. I checked out ICR programme on SAT, was told that my son needs to take a test to see if he can fit into the creative writing class. He did qualify to get into the class. I found out from the teacher, it may takes up to 1 month or more for a kid to finish writing a piece of composition. It depends on the individual kids as well as the class progress. They actually start off with a story reading, then analysis the story - comprehension, learning of words before getting the kids to start writing their composition in parts. But the kids in P1 and P2 are placed together in a class, which i feel abit unfair for P2 kids. My hubby commented to me that some of the teacher's whose certificate are displayed actually graduate from psychology, so he is asking if they can teach english language or not though they are all foreign teachers. All in all including the material fees is about $506 per term.

For mummies who are interested to get Wii, I got it last week as I cannot stand put off the purchase to another date. Reason is : I want to PLAY :p Anyway, there is a recent price cut among Wii, XBOX and PS3. I got my Wii for 349 with free 1 game (5 in 1 sports). My son has been enjoy playing the tennis, good workout for him who hardly exercise except sch PE lessons.

My son also selected for star award, however we do not know what it is all about until I read Jolene's posting. He is so happy as only 1 person in the class got selected. His sch no exam hence no positioning.

Popular's mag is out. I just got it yesterday. Now waiting for my son to get his booklist so that I can compare what to buy. Since popular giving out 5% discount, most likely I would get from popular. Also saw a few parents shopping for assessments books, so WanWan you are not alone. Maybe all of us who have yet to action are all too late :p

FZ, for finished assessment books, I just dump away to clear space when it is finished. Now wondering which NTUC outlet is collecting P1 textbooks. Just discussed with hubby we would donate them away, but got 1 or 2 textbooks some parts are out already.

Just found this online:

"NTUC will collect school text books to be given to the needy from 9 - 30 November 2009. You can send to any of their outlets. "

P/S: Read that they are not collecting assessment books.

ohohjazz,
can i check for popular card, if i apply student care for my boy, can i also use them? TIA.
today went to my mum's place and dug out some books...including my own P3-P6 science guide!! wonder if it is still relevant...:p

Pop magazines
I just bought some compre books for my younger daughter the other days..shd have waited for the pop magazines.

Pop card
Fz - yes..you shd apply the student cards..you can use them as well.

completed exam paper and assessment books
- I prob will clear them away..need more rooms heee..

Joanne
Is your gal still with MPM? How did she she fare for her Maths? I feel that my MPM's standard is way below my gal's school - prob will only help her to secure 60 -70 marks in exam. I spoke to my gal's sch maths teacher and she said I need to expose her more to challenging Maths. Hiaz...Hubby is considering getting a pte tutor for her..but not easy to get a good one.

Anyone heard of Andrew Er tuition center?

hi ohohjazz,

i also bought wii last sat. i got it as bundle sales at $566. wow! really can addicted to it. yesterday our whole family played from 2pm till 8pm.

Jasmine and ohohjazz,
Can share where u got the Wii? I intend to get it as Xmas gift for the kids.

Assessment books:
I will also be buying soon. So not considered kiasu lah. Better start early and slowly. anyone know if there will be Popular expo fair soon? Then can grab it during the fair..

My gal is selected as the prefect next year and she was v excited. But heard that many schools only have prefects from P4 onwards.

Chickenlittle,
My gal's exam papers were collected back the next day. I din even have a chance to bring back office to photocopy ; ( if they are returned to the kids this week, will let u know.

Bebe
Ive stopped my girl wif MPM coz shes way back behind schl topics so i managed to get a hme tutor fr her. Also MPM teacher said tat her attn span too short. 2hrs of class is too long fr my girl. She'll starts to daydream after 45mins or so. Also my hubby wants my girl to get used to exam kind of questions. Tats why ive stopped MPM.

Wan Wan

I read through P4 English too. Not much difference. I think grammar just keep repeating the same stuff. Vocab & compre can notice the difference. Really more chim

My dd's compo not that good. I'm hunting for writing class.

fz

my dd1 has lots of unfinished assessment books. I passed to my dd2 to doodle to prepare her for P1.

hi maisy daisy,

i got mine at vivo city. shop name is Challenger.

on top of $349 pkg...$566 pkg got addtional 1 more player, motion plus, wii sport resort (12games) and wii play (9games). total 26 games but a few games are repeated.

Hi ohohjazz, can share where you got the set and what does it comprises of... kind of tempted but bec of space constraint lah. My big TV in the hall but will 'disturb' or deprive my FIL from his daily SCV taiwanese news... ha.. ha... so wondering where should i play the game lah.
happy.gif

Hi jasmine, what does your $566 consists of then?
happy.gif

Hi Chicken little, sorry, pls bear with me for the exam papers. I've yet masked out the answers. Me bz playing Farmtown with my kids in FB over the weekends.. so sorry... :p

hi

Joanne
seem like we are having the sentiments on MPM..maybe I shd start sourcing for pte tutor.

Assessment books
The popular book fest will be at Suntec..I think dates are ard 20 Dec..prob too late to get assessment books for practice now.

ya, me gotten the Pop mag and also found out abt the Book Fest. guess too late for textbooks and assessment too.
happy.gif

Hi mummies, for those who are interested in Nivpak school bags (i've not used before hence not sure abt it), here's some info i've received from them :
NTUC Back-To-School Fair 2009
Location Date Time
Downtown East, 5th & 6th December 2009, 10am – 5pm
Jurong East (Open field opposite Jurong East MRT station), 5th & 6th December 2009, 10am – 5pm

recently had also received email about some promo on their sch bags + Art bag + Cover (for rain) + delivery = S$59.95

Back