(2002) Any 2002 babies?

ohohjazz,
congrats on your kid's award. you will be attending any ceremony?

maisy daisy,
wow! prefect at P2? your must be really matured.
happy.gif

Hi Mummies,

I am asking my son to finish the assessment books which he started on. As for the new ones, I am passing to my gf cos her gal will be in P1 next yr.

Welcome to WII! It can be quite addictive
happy.gif
Definately a good bonding tool when everyone plays together
happy.gif

ChickenLittle: I will go home and check if my son has returned his exam papers.

This time round, popular has 3 x 20%. I have about 4 eng assessment books not finished yet. Would try to finish particularly the compre book. Will get only Maths & Chinese, 1 book each.

Yawn2,
I guess you are right on the grammar part need to stress to the children but I think my ds just have to go thru the normal development. he is the hardworking type not the GEP type, no complaints tho.

Hi Mummy,
Apart from compiling P1 year end exam papers, shall we also work on P2 CAs & SAs instead? Then we can start to let our children practise the P2 papers when before their CAs & SAs next year. The issue is whether we are able to get hold of P2 exam papers...Juz a thot...

Wan Wan
If you want to embark on P2 papers during this Dec hols, you can go to free website like testpapers & misskoh to download. In fact, I have already downloaded 4 sets of eng & maths SA1 2008.

I like the idea to keep on contributing/compiling current exam papers with parents in this forum (I don't think other levels' parents are doing it). At least the papers are current though it is after exams.

My colleague whose son is 1 yr older than ours, is envious of us who can get compilation of each other's papers. I advised her to get free papers from those 2 websites mentioned above. Alternatively she can register as member and join her level in motherhood 2001 thread to see whether they have or not.

Compiling the papers help mummies, esp like me who has little experiences in the current local sch exam stds. Frankly, over the past few months, I have learnt that there are a lot of hardworks to get our kids ready for Pri school..I wish I was KS in the past, so that I am not so kalang kaput like now.
Now I told mummies with kids going to pri sch soon, not to assume that their kindergartens will prepare their kids well for P1.

Maisy Daisy & natellehcim,
I got $349 for the console with the standard 5 in 1 sport game, add on $70 for another set of controllers & nunchuck for another player. Total $419. I got it at ComicsConnect which got 20 outlets in s'pore.
I also checked out the games shop in AMK Hub level 2 and NorthPoint level 3. AMK Hub level 2 shop selling at $399 for the console with the standard 5 in 1 sport game + 1 more games from the selected list. Northpoint one the offer is the same. Was at comic connections, their games is selling at a cheaper pricing, at least the one I checked out in Lot1.

natellehcim, try out the RollerCoaster Kingdom. Not bad, quite fun also. :p

Fz, thanks. Yes, we are attending his school prize award cememory. He actually called from school to ask when he was selected and ask to go for reharsal. :p He was informed late as his class form teacher went for school camp.

CL, my son school does not have SA2 or rather exam but test. Not sure if you all are interested.
Think sharing of available resources is important.

caroline3sg, yes indeed got 3 X 20% coupons more practical as compared to last time. Needs to plan ahead of what to buy, if it happen to be out-of-stock, then go another outlet to purchase will lose out on discount.

ohohjazz
anything can share lah.

It is all hard work by the fellow mummies. Ha ha I saw Carol's remark on how much tape was used.

Just now I scan 1 chinese paper. I use paint to erase th answer oso i want to faint.

so 2 more papers to go. must wait till no "webcam" then I can scan again

Yes, you are right! Tho I've been on and off the scene, I've been following up this forum and received very useful info from all mummies in this forum. Thanks & Cheers!

Caroline,
Yeah, I've downloaded the P2 paper from Misskoh website too but they are not as current as the P1 papers that you mummies have been sharing...free one can't complain yeah
happy.gif

hi Ohohjazz, ya my nephew n niece also playing Roller Coaster. wow, u comb around places for the prices.. ha.ha...

Hi CL, I use Adobe Acrobat to 'erase' the answers.
happy.gif

no lar natellehcim, just that before i buy made a few phone calls to enquire. That's what internet is all about what. Also read from the some forum what's the selling price, about KS mah scared kenna ripped off by those ppl.

ya ya.. i agree w u Ohohjazz. if dun find out alot sure kana ribbed.. now still got those mod or non-modd... confused.. for i'm not into this kind of things so much.. all learned thru net.
happy.gif

Natellehcim
How to use adobe ? must learn me not so IT savy

Carol
remember last time our guidebook is always preston. Any idea this brand is still good ? Was thinking of gettng 1 to teach my gal english myself.

Need your advice.
I am thinking hard now. For creative writing, dunno if I should spend $500 a term at jan & Elly or I should go for $150 a term at LW in after school enrichment in NYPS ?

$$$ wise of course LW lah plus additional $20 for school bus to send home only per month. But not sure the quality if it is a big group of student ?

hi CL, Acrobat is a software by Adobe for editing your PDF format purpose i guess... normally what we have is only Viewer hence not able to edit.

Chicken Little: Maybe u should ask around for feedback @ Jan & Elly since it is quite exp. As I hardly heard of them, I cant advice much.

mommies

Me too, I've learnt a lot this year! Thankful we have this support group
wink.gif

By the way, anyone planning to switch school for your kid?

Chicken little

LW is subsidised in NYPS?

My friend sent her dd to LW. She said $50 per session leh. I would opt for LW if heavily subsidised. No improvement then switch

CL
Let me go home & check my eng guide. I bought P1-3 for my girl; now using it for my boy.

LW is good, price is reasonable too since subsidised by sch. Only concern is the no. per class in NYPS. I have seen their model compos (higher pri) pinned on the centre's board at United Square, excellent.

Jan & Elly is good in their materials for PSLE made possible for their higher primary but I am not sure for lower pri. Depends on your logistics since it is near your SIL's hse. Price wise, it is more ex.

Though I don't have personal experience with J&E, I can say children like to attend LW. LW also has seminar for parents on how they teach compo, so that parents can guide or have an idea what is the proper way.

If you find that LW in NYPS too big a group, then for the same price, go to LW at United Sq if you can afford.

Hi CL, received your SA2 papers from CCKPS, will try my best to email you my share when i finish erasing. Thanks for your effort.
kao_kiss.gif

Hi CL,
received the first batch of papers.
will liaise with the other LPS mum to share he scanning of our papers.
Cheers!

That first batch is from Carol. hee hee
HIPS from Yen Ling coming up next. Dun be confused I have problem attaching in yahoo mail for HIPS so I will be sending from my gmail for the next one.

Carol
My gal wont be under sil's care next year and I have move out of CCK. Next year will be at hillview so Jan & Elly just outside at rail mall. Now thinking hard if I want to spend that money or let her try out in school.

Natellehcim
I oso culprit. Just now just finish CL. Later have to sneak to scan the other 2 before I erase the answer.

Maths my gal draw all over the place i want to faint

my gal's last day of sch's dis thurs.

yesterday, Ronald Mcdonald went to their sch for some performance n games. she asked if KFC's comin 2day LOL

Chicken Little: I think cos Fri is the prize giving day. Thus if the children are not involved they need not attend school.

Hi Mummies,

Sorry to interupt. My son currently studying in Canberra Pri (Semb area), next year he's going to P3. I'm currently looking for 1-1 home tuitor for P3 all subjects. Any one can recommend me? Thank you so much.

Hi All

I had collected my gal's report book..she is 5th in class due to there are 2 students got third in class..aggregate 285/300 very happy that she maintained her standard
happy.gif

Jolene,
Congrats for your gal's excellent results. You must reward her handsomely for her effort.

CL,
Dropped you an email this morning. Will send you my dd's exam papers by this week. Workings everywhere, need time to blanco, blanco...

CL,
i have received the LPS' math papers from another mum. will send together with my portion to you latest tomoro. i don't have pdf at home, so probably send individual scanned pages to you. thanks for compiling.

I just finish blanco mine. But i forgot to scan in the front page. ha ha so tomorrow will scan in the front page and distribute for NYPS ha ha

For once I hate my gal's maths working. Ha ha it is all over

natellehcim,
pls help me do de same to compile individual pasges ... again ... thks.

CL,
sch's letter says sch's closed on fri cos teachers go for retreat. office's closed as well.

perhaps can bring her to de movies to avoid crowds ... is Princess and the Frog out yet?

I see
but mummy's office no closure and taking leave early Dec liao.

I already watched astro boy last weekend so there is a upcoming princess and frog ?

Hi fz, no prob, you can send me, i try to use the boxes to block out the answers for you. i'm using it for my son's papers. Only his chinese words for word order, he used pencil to strike out the words he had chosen, thus will need to wait for his papers back then i erase that n scan that page. If not your kids will not be able to see the words clearly.

Jolene: Congrats on ur gal's good results. Her class muz be quite competitive since her average result is 95 marks.

hi all mommies , bsides adobe , the image viewer software also can help to edit the answer.after scanning yr paper thru the scanner , if the scanned format not the tiff format, u can press "print" function to see if there is any feature called" print with image writer" .if yes , you can convert it into tiff formet , & open with "image viewer" function , then you can do editing.

Ling,
very chim....i use Windows Photo Gallery to scan, one piece by one piece....
i realised my boy coloured on his chinese paper!

ya windows photo gallery, the scans will appear page by page. I normally use PDF to combine them into all.
happy.gif
no issue FZ, you may email me i will combine for gals.
happy.gif
But pls do not email too big files, not sure wat is the max file size yahoo allows. Some exceed 10MB a file will be bounced out.

hi mummies

the sch did not return my gal's exam papers to us..wondering if you are keen on their previous year SA2 papers (2007,2008). If yes, I will try to scan and email a copy to CL for compilation.

Hi bebe75, sorry to interrupt abit, maybe you should check if your gal school paper is available on MissKoh website before you scan. So that you not wasting the effort.

JMHO

hI fz , a bit chim , c if i gt time later will make a manual on hw to do.difference is i no nid to do blencoing , juz cut the unnecesaary things using computer.

Back