(2002) Any 2002 babies?

Cl, luanee

Thank you for your recommendation. I had order from smiling orchid when my girl was small and their cake is very soft.But dun think they had 3d barney.

Pin
I ask my Japanese colleague to get for me. Do you want ? I have one normal expression set to let go as my fren is not getting it liao

Chicken Little,
I am also looking for the seaweed puncher for the face...let me know if you still have extras, hee.

Hi Linette
Will update you after Pin reply to my pm.

For both of you, the set that my fren is letting go is

2210937.jpg
2210938.jpg

Linette
Hee hee dun worry. I have the same set so will pm you too. I only use 1 set only so shall not hoard too long. Now JPY too high to spree. Next time I have another lobang I will update you first.

hi mummies

my p1 boy's school requires them to bring own story books to read in class.

any idea where can i buy chinese story books suitable for his level? can't find any from popular lei..

thanks in advance

cl

do you know any japan website which sell nice bento tools, my friend coming back on 19 dunno whether in time for him to bring back for me.

Pin
I usually go to Tokyu hands which is in the same building as Takashimaya- Shinjuku. Or can go to the shibuya branch.

Alternatively I will go into rakuten which is similar to G-market in yahoo. But the website in Japanese lah. It is better to check and buy from the same shop because each delivery is JPY 500. If you order this and that from different shop then you will accummulate many times on the delivery of JPY 500.

This link is on kids utensils

http://directory.rakuten.co.jp/rms/sd/directory/vc/s1tz210206/

This is when I narrow down to "obento"

http://esearch.rakuten.co.jp/rms/sd/esearch/vc?sv=2&v=2&e=0&s=6&sub=0&k=0&oid=000&d=0&uwd=1&sitem=%A4%AA%CA%DB%C5%F6&f=A&nitem=&g=205161&min=&max=&p=0

You try and if you need help, just email the link to me via email I will help you order. I have tried 2x with them to order kids plate

yesyes agree Pin
my gal only wants rice with seaweed today thus this boring set today

I bought the cube and face shape tool from daiso.
2212780.jpg

I walked into daiso, will be stuck in sections for container, baking and bento corner ha ha

Koo, u can try Big Bookshop (clementi) or those at Bras Basah. My dd's school also require them to bring along books to read before assembly everyday.

Koo
some of us bought books based on guide book from NYPS. If you want can pm me and I recommend you to my gal enrcihment teacher who got it for me

Hi mommies here , anyone has any idea of how to remove the stain of "liquid paper" on black PE pants?my gal dun knoe hw come left a big patch of the mark on it.I've problem to remove....

Ling, u can try thinner, or nail polish remover? Or it might be easier to get a pair of new shorts if the stain is too big?

Yest I asked my dd what are her favourite subjects in school. Her answers: Choir, Contact Time and Recess!! Bengzzz....

hi mummies

The Bentos looks really nice...how i wish i have the time to prepare it too..
any one has recipe for simple sushi?

How's the result of your kid's CA? my boy got his chinese CA result..he did quite badly..=<
looks like i have to put in more efforts to guide him....

Cool,
My boy's neighbourhood school does not have CA.
They have assessment in the form of Show and Tell, Mental Sums, Reading Skills and Pensmenship.

They are having it this week. So far Show and Tell and Mental Sums are ok. For reading, he fumbled over the word 'curly' (he read as 'carly' phonetically). Pensmenship will be a killer one as his handwriting is bad....

fz, ur boy's school seems very demanding! I havent heard my dd mentioning any CA yet, only know there is a SA in May.

luanee,
it's not demanding la.
they gave a letter to inform us about the alternative assessment. while it will be reflected in the report book, it will not be considered in the SA2's results.
happy.gif

the teacher actually guide them in the show and tell by teaching them how to do introduction. many of my boy's classmates actually forgotten to bring stuff for the show and tell and the teacher just ask them to talk about their pencil cases. :D

my boy is amused that those usual noisy kids in class spoke like a mouse during show and tell...lolz.

Mine oso no CA. But I know got one maths test coming up this week but dunno when.

Last week mine have to do art piece on jungle animals out of recycled materials and use it for show and tell. This week is to bring a toy vehicle. I think it is inline with the book they are using for english lesson.

Oh lucky my girl just need to bring a story book to read during show-and-tell hee... Some of her classmates sang songs and they had to print individual copies of lyrics for the whole class. And yeah, she mentioned all their voices were so soft during show-and-tell, LOL

Chinese Readers
Thanks, Luanee. Wonder if Bras Basah opens on Sunday? Anybody knows? Can't really shop on Sat cos busy with enrichment classes...
Hi CL, You mean yr gal's teacher is selling the books? Btw, is she still coaching yr gal?

CA1
My boy tells me that he is confident to score A for both Eng &amp; Math but B for Chinese..hahaha.

Princess Costumes
I am looking for princess-like costume for my 4yr old gal. Her class will be having a show &amp; tell next week and since her favourite stories are about Disney Princess, it would be nice for her to dress up like one and also in a way encourage her. do let me know if someone has any to let go..

Hi Cool,
My ds just rec'd his CL2 CA result. I am satisfied with his results. Do you have any idea if there is any CA for eng? My ds said next week has CA for maths, do you know which day?

Chicken Little,
Nice sushi bento. Any idea if Daiso sell all these stuff for making interesting sushi for kids?

CA1
My boy sch they label as FA1(Formative Asst)....

But it takes like weeks to finish the whole test...so stress....it hve started since week 7 till now is going on...dn't know wat they do???

So good tat u u guys kids hve done wit it liao...

My gal also having CA next week for all 3 subjects. Kinda stress coaching her over the past few days ....realised her foundation is really weak ...she can't recognise the 4 sounds in HYPY. Hopefully her result won't turn out too badly else school may need her to go for remedial classes...lol

Does any mummies have reliable sources for buying schools past yrs papers?

Hi Luanee,
Thanks for sharing the info. Will go and take a look at the websites later.

Mummies,
Been wondering lately whether I have wasted 2 yrs of pre-school education by not sending my elder gal for any enrichment lessons. (Both my gals go to childcare centre.) Find that she doesn't know the stuffs that her pri school teachers expect her to know. I don't wish history to repeat itself 4 yrs down the road when my younger gal goes to p1. Yet I wonder if I will be depriving my younger gal of her carefree pre-school yrs. Can share your thoughts on this? Tks.

Btw do ur kids sweat a lot at the moment when they fall asleep? My dd always have a big wet patch on the pillow when she sleeps, even in an air-conditioned room. It only happens right after she fall asleep, after that when in deep sleep mode it's ok. Yest I was so appalled to see perspiration dripping down from her temple, and her whole head wet while sleeping!

luanee, you are not alone, my dd has the same condition since young (exactly what you described).. Ha .. ha.. and i thought she is unique..

FZ

You wers saying that these assessment won't be included in the SA2 result? Den the SA result will strictly be based on the papers done on that day?

I tink my boy is still not really accustomed to the real school life yet. We share with him on the importance of doing his CA well. but at the same time, do not want stressed too much, scare he phobia..Luckiy he is not defeated by the poor result and he still enjoys going to school as much. lol

wan wan

din hear my boy talk abt the Maths CA leh..no letter from teacher also.

So the results of each CA will be added up to the final year result?

Koo,

Ur boy is very confident. Did he attend any enrichment classes?

cool,
i think the CAs not counted but the SAs does. Think SA1 is 30% and SA2 70% or something like that.

hi,

today my girls teacher give mygirl a paper doll and she has to dress the doll in Japanese traditional costumes. The doll can be a male or female. These dolls are graded and is part of Social Studies SA1 assessment.

Can anyone advise me to dress up is draw or could i cut and paste.

Hi cool,
These tests are not CA actually, they are termed as formative assessment. According to pg 22 of the pupil handbk, they will be counted, term 1 10% FA, term 2&amp; 3 30% FA &amp; 30% end of yr exam.

BTW, my ds said had maths test yesterday but I didn't revise with him bec he told me on tues that it's next wk so i thot can revise with him tmr. pengz...

Hi all, my ds school doesn't have CA either. They call it topical tests for teachers to assess understanding of the child. Most are given advance notice, with a few are impromptu. Just remind him basic rules, 1) write neatly, 2) check that he did all questions and 3) if there's time, go through the answers. These tests are not counted for SA, so didn't coach him, heheeh! Also don't know how to...

Hi wanwan, I feel that got a certain percentage for these tests is better. Not so much emphasis on one major EXAMS, which is more stressful, for mummy too!

Hi Jan,
I share the same views as you. The only thing is parents also have more frequent stress when there are more tests to be counted thru out a year. But for my case not so stressed up for the last FA bec my ds couldn't rem when are the tests &amp; din bother to tell me until I asked. We were only informed by the sch for CL2 tests but not the rest so din revise for him. hopefully he can do well as the FAs are counted...

hi Jan,
Yes, checkup done &amp; he has to wear specs. fortunately the power is quite low. he has to wear specs to sch &amp; found it convenient. now he understands why I kept telling him &amp; didi to take gd care of eyes &amp; dun end up wearing specs like me.

Back