(2002) Any 2002 babies?

my dd1 took private piano lessons when she was 3+ years old. But no interest leh, refused to practice so we stopped lor

my dd2 bugged me to sign her up for piano lessons. Eventually chose a group piano class for her hoping it would be more fun. Now also not keen to practice

Didn't invest in a piano yet. using keyboard
I will only consider getting a piano if manage to pass grade 1

mummies,
just came back from the MTP.
tiring....all the waiting...hot and humid...luckily my boy is in morning class....this type of weather how to concentrate for afternoon class students?

<font color="ff0066"> Caroline, Joanne, KC</font>
Thks for all the advise babes. I know tat I should encourgae my gal... but then... $$$ wise really tight for me lor. See how first bah. Maybe her interests is those 'san fen zhong ri du'. I'll wait till end of this year then decide. If she can do well for her SA2 and I'm able to cut down on the enrichment classes, still can consider. Meanwhile, it's a definate 'no-no' lor.

<font color="ff0066"> fz</font>
Yah lor... nowadays weather is super duper hot. Luckily my gal is seated right under the fan in class. *lolz* But then hor... she's those type that cannot tahan hot. Little bit only perspire like dunno wat. Once she's home... sure switch on the air-con.

Hi Dymples, littleprincess,

My gal will be attending the trial lesson tomorrow at Dairy Farm. Hoping to get a vacancy for the weekend class as it is very rushing for her.

Littleprincess, where is your dd2 attending the K1 class? I wanted to enroll my dd2 too but seems like there are no vacancies leh.

jh,
Thanks for the tips on PTM as will be going to the sch tmr. It's good to check on how he behaves in class and will also check on the school's reno too.

Have called up KMG on Eng enrichment. They are very well rounded as well and what I like is the small group and reasonable fee too.

<font color="ff0066"> t_tottot</font>
Is yours the Thursday morning class? The teacher called you to confirm already? Cos I registered with the centre already but hv been waiting for the teacher to confirm the details with me. Haiz... so I called the centre again and they said her slot is confirm... juz tat they not sure whether the teacher has gone for term break yet or not.

My girl too, wasted my 1 year for Yamaha course. After that say fingers tired have to stop. She started ballet for 6 months and then say leg tired. Her individual piano now has lasted for a few months. Yet to tell me she does not want to do it and at times will practice automatically. Hates it when I have to step in to coach her so I just leave her on her own.

I would like to send my son for piano lesson too, but he hates the theory part.

Anyone signing up for holiday enrichment class? Care to share?

immummy

I've shortlisted some holiday programmes organised by nearby community clubs. Convenient lor, minimal travelling time

Hi mummies

Talking abt piano.,my P1 gal has been bugging me to let her learn..then I went to enquiry on the course, she changed her mind. Then a few weeks, later she made the request again. Aiyoh, so fickle minded.

I told her piano is not masak-masak..must attend classes, exam and practise weekly. I think she must have seen some of her classmates playing piano in the canteen (their sch have 2 pianos in the canteen so kids are free to go up and play them). Her daddy, however, is not in favour of her learning piano, but I told him learning piano is good to train both right and left brain.

Last mth, I took over an electronic keyboard from my sis as her gal has been "promoted" to play real piano. I m not sending her to piano classes, but I have been learning to play myself..hee hee. I did chinese orchestra when I was in primary sch, and took music theory when I was in secondary sch. But now reading the score is a bit rusty. I do not think I wanna to teach her on theory, too technical for her. I just picked a simple song and get her to learn to play. Maybe after learning one piece, she will feel motivated to learn more. It is always easier to teach when the kid are interested and motivated.

I just came back doing PV for the school..aiyoh weather is so hot. I find the classrooms are kinda stuff..esp when they like to hang their art pieces on the windows..indirectly blocking the breeze. And the fans are not that strong. Another mother also made the same comment. I wonder how my gal concentrate in class esp after PE or recess.

caroline - I stopped at grade 5 as well, started learning rather late..
I will go thru with her after her lesson with her teacher. At this moment still can handle, when she advances to higher grade i can't help anymore. I know how it is like to nag at a child to practice piano...her wake up call was when i refused to sign her up for this coming july concert...bcos for previous concerts she would not practise until i threatened her. Told her no practice no concert. Now, everyday i can hear her playing the piano...so next concert can let her go already
happy.gif

t_totto - sadly, for bukt timah area, the only ICL class is at dairy farm, the rest are in the east. My dd2 (k1) is at ghim moh under teacher Pearlyn. Her class may be full..she is the only girl, will be good if there is another girl with her. Want me to ask Ms pearlyn?

imummy,

Have signed up for a Creative Writing course for P1 during the June hols - 4 Sundays (2 hrs each) quite cheap at only $40. Also, signed up a Balloon Twisting Class also cheap at $5. These CC courses are sooo cheap. Wanted to sign him for those Children Baking class but he not keen lei.

dymples,

Ya, they are attending the Thursday morning 9am session at Dairy Farm. The teacher told me tomorrow is the last lesson before term break. They have already started lessons for term 3 and tomorrow is already the 3rd lesson.

littleprincess,

my dd2 is only in nursery this year leh. Next year then in K1.

hi, I'm back. Been a long time since I last posted. Been so busy with ds ever since he entered P1.

Hope that everyone is coping well. Never know P1 is so taxing.

oic... haiz... tat's the class my gal also supposed to attend leh. I'm still waiting for the teacher to call me. *faintz* How long is the term break? For the whole of the June hols? Wah seh... already started 3rd lesson yah. Tat's fast. So worried if my gal can catch up or not.

<font color="ff0066"> Greenpink</font>
Yah.. the CC courses all cheap cheap. I'm thinking of the Table Manner and Respectful Behavior one. Also wanted to enrol her for the Little Typist program but full liaoz.

littleprincess,

Yes please. I will call her and see if there are any vacancies for my gal. Thanks!

t_tottot,

If I am not wrong, the break is until 3rd week of June. Ya lor, already the 3 lesson already.

Haiz. The teacher from icreative juz called me and said there is no more vacancy for her class on Thursday Morning. I told her tat I send in an email on Sunday and when the centre replied on Monday, they said there is a vacancy on Thursday. This was further confirmed over the phone and I even gave my gal's details for registration. How come now says no more vacancy? She said tat a parent had called her directly a few days ago and she confirmed the slot for the child. As the class is now full, she told me to wait till end of June and see if any child gives up their seats. After the call with the teacher, I called the centre to clarify and now the centre says tat the teacher never updated them, so they tot still got vacancy. Juz wondering why such a mix-up can happen. I'm feel so disappointed. Haiz... tink I will sign my gal up for Kip McGrath instead.

Today my son just got back his report book.
Don't know why his form teacher said that no report book will be returned.?????

Still puzzled why his form teacher is very disappointed with his results.
In fact he scored all band1.

Like what I said, maybe she is looking at the marks and not the band.

I intend to send him for piano lessons so that he can learn to be more focus.
But don't know whether he will like it or not.

Have been persuading to sign up a 4 lessons handicraft offered by the tution centre he attended, but he replied that he is not interested.

Sigh************

Really don't know how to make full use of this school holiday just to make him well prepared for SA2.

t_tottot,
can pm me more details of the dairy farm class? the name, any website etc.
TIA!

bayges,
i think to be fair to mummies who contributed, priority of the papers are given to those who had already contributed. seems that you only have one post so far. care to share more?

bebe75,
got back my boy's papers today. very messy...alot of side workings. i'll need to use my home slow scanner and paint programme to erase them. probably able to complete over the weekend. hope you mummies don't mind the 'simple' paper as i find it pretty basic.

aiyoh, reading the fast moving thread has made me sweat... am i too relax on my boy for not letting him attend any enrichment class? He is very avg in his eng, i'm trying to brush it up during the june holiday. Can anyone give me some advise how to teach comprehension? I keep telling him how to search for answer like but he still don't understand... hiaz... should i just send him for tuition??

Can anyone who went to KMG give some feedback. TIA

my gal brought back her Progress Report. as they dun have SA1, dis report updates parents of the child's developmental progress, a little like de ones they have in preschool. 1 remark de teacher made, made me laugh "She has a great sense of humour and is witty." i wonder how de teacher knew? has my gal been tellin her jokes?
happy.gif

during de MTP session last week, de teacher told me my gal was academically above ave n dat she has no probs wif her. however, when her mock papers r returned, my gal barely made it to band 1! if my gal's poor results made her above ave, then de sch's standard's pretty low yah ... it's a sap sch leh ...

jh,
i don't think your dd's sch std is low. i think the std is high and that the teacher must have compared your dd with the class' performance. if barely band 1 grade is consider above ave, then it is possible that the paper probably is real tough and hence the std real high!

Hi all,

Do ur children school stream out all the p1 students by putting all the gd ones in the top class. Mine have but don't know whether my gal class in one of them? stress....the 1st in class scored 98.8% very competitive...

Hi bebe75

Me too, just email to you my dd's english and math papers. Will forward the chinese paper if the teacher return to me.

Thanks for consolidating.

jolene,
my boy's sch has banding by end of P1 - think there are 2 such classes.
there are no class position de. but i am surprised that nowadays schools provide a tabulation of the highest, lowest and mean score for the class and the whole cohort.

Hi mummies, went for the MTP session yesterday. I was overjoyed and must share my good news with all of you. My dd got 1st in class and that means alot to me. I hope she can keep it up for SA2.
kao_cheers.gif

My dd got a Total of 284.5/300, any idea what does that means? Did not see that when meeting the teacher, so never ask.

Dymples

My son is attending the Yamaha Electrone class at the CC. The teacher says to just start off with a keyboard. So we bought him an electrone...a lighted keyboard. In the beginning he loved playing with it... he could follow the lights and even play Fur Elise and Turkish March with both hands even though no one taught him. After he started P1, he seemed to have lost interest in it. Anyway, the course is quite cheap so I just let him continue.

bebe75,
Ya, my boy is in the same school as your hub's alumni. But grades and stress aside, I think it's a good school when it comes to character building. Actually, they don't just focus on grades. The teachers are v hands on. They also expect the parents to be involved in many aspects but I'm working and with 3 kids, v hard to give that level of participation. Hopefully, I've made the right choice for him. Imagine we moved all the way fr the west to Bishan just bec of his P1 reg :p My only wish is that by the time my 2 girls start their pri school, i dont have to work...hee hee

Mummies,
BTW, will all schools be giving report book? Toaday is my son's last day for Term2. No mention of it by school teacher.

valerie,
congrats on the good results!
my boy's school did not state the class position.
but for 284.5/300, it is the combination of 3 subjects. i think your girl's report book should state the 3 subject's individual score - just add them up.
happy.gif

Oh ya. Silly me. Thanks fz. I though position is only given at the end of the year. So was also surprise to see it indicated in her report book.

Hi littleprincess,
Din get your pm. Can pm me again? Thanks.

Hi fz,
PM you already.

Hi Yen Ling,
No, we are not referring to Hay Dairies. We are talking about the English Course at IcreativeLearners and the teacher is located at Dairy Farm Estate.

Hi to all mummies,
May I know anyone travelling aboard during the June holidays?

If yes, what precautions have you taken?

Pin

Actually I think 3+ is not too young to start. But very important to find the right teacher lor.
I think my dd1's teacher isn't suitable, no rapport &amp; very dry way of teaching. Teacher must be more lively when teaching very young kids. Sigh...that sort of kills off her interest in learning piano

jh

my girl's report card no comments at all. Only indicated 'Very Good' in the conduct section. So I thought she must be very well behaved in school. Then my girl told me the best conduct is actually 'Excellent'
rofl.gif

Back