(2002) Any 2002 babies?

fz,
Yes,sure. I am getting for my godson as he is in Primary 1, from SPS. I will scan and email his paper over.

Just curious, people here are all regulars?

Hi Bayges,
My boy also fm SPS
happy.gif

Hi bebe75,
Maybe you can update us which schools you had received so far, then see if I happen to have other schools' along the way, I will contribute to you as well.

<font color="ff0066"> Valerie</font>
Wow!! Congrats congrats on your gal's excellent results. You must be so so proud of her. Well done.
2505472.gif

<font color="ff0066">t_tottot</font>
How was your trial lesson at icreative? Does your gal like it? I've signed my gal for the KMG one at Yew Tee. Her assessment will be next Tuesday.
happy.gif

<font color="ff0066"> yawn yaen</font>
My gal's report book also not much comment. Only put conduct as - Very Good. Then remarks - She is a soft spoken child. Needs to work harder. *pengz* Added pressure for this mommy to make sure my gal attends all the enrichment classes I ahve enrolled her for and also need to increase the assessment and coaching I'm giving her.

<font color="ff0066"> tinklebell</font>
How is the Yamaha electone course at the CC yah? Wat are the fees like? Is it as good as attending the course at their HQ?

Ehhh... I tot if learning organ, will need to buy a organ to practise? Cos need to use the pedals and practise chords? Organ is 2 levels instead of a single level keyboard like piano?

Btw, my gal brough her report book home yesterday.

<font color="ff0066"> Results</font>
I got a notification back together with my gal's report book. In it states the highest, lowest and average grades for each individual subject. There is no class position in the report card. Only an average total score of my gal's results. Haiz... not good... She juz passed her English (overall), Maths confirm fail, then Chinese passed.

Dymples
which slot at KMG are you going for? Fri morning?

My son also came back with letter indicating highest, lowest, mean, standard deviation for class &amp; level.

<font color="ff0066"> Caroline</font>
I'm enrolling my gal for the Wednesday morning class. The lady told me all the time slots are full liaoz. Only left with 2 vacancies for Wednesday mornings. Are you going to enrol your boy for KMG too?

Dymples
Bukit Batok &amp; Woodlands has weekend abt 1pm. But the thought of travelling under hot sun puts me off. YT does not have weekend class. Wed class I asked to be put on waiting list but she said don't want to disappoint me. The teacher teaching Eng at both Bukit Batok &amp; Woodlands are Indian teachers which I find maybe better. I am not sure YT Eng teacher is chinese or what.

Reason why I choose Wed morning is nanny goes there for dancing and my boy does nothing. Actually I prefer him to sleep instead.

Called YT but no one picks up.

Dymples
I managed to get through YT branch. This time I asked who is on the line. She is Mrs Tan, from the name, I know she is the owner. But I prefer the lady from Bukit Batok. Mrs Tan sounds strict.

Wed is 8.30am, too early! don't you think so? Wed the children go to sch later. I thought it is 9.30am. She said Fri then 9.30am. Teacher is chinese. She ask me why I ask. I told her other 2 centres are Indian teachers and I am receptive to Indians. I won't be surprise she 'may' be the teacher herself.

Hi Dymples,

I called my girl after her lessons but she did not say whether she likes or not. Teacher's feedback is her focus in copying words from worksheets and whiteboard is slowing her down so she needs to get over this "hump". Her concentration level is very low. Any ways to improve that huh? Will talk to her again tonight and see how.

Anyway, the teacher mentioned that they have a training center at Clementi (West Coast) and they may be opening up Primary classes over there. Currently they only have nursery classes. Any mummies here have 2005 kids and are keen in sending them for the Winning Super Foundation class? I have put my dd2 under their wait list as they need 10 students before they start a class and now they have 7, including my girl.

Dymples
The Yamaha electrone course is q cheap ~$160+ every 3 mths. So far still havent come to using pedal yet. But for CC course, they don't take in students in the middle so if u want to join, u must join fr day 1. Day 1 starts in Jul. Think there sd be announcement soon for the new intake.

Hiaz,... my ds lost his wallet again
sad.gif
4th time in 1 semester. Now the transit link card also lost..gotta spend $18 to replace.

tinklebell
I can understand your frustration.

I never let my son bring ezlink card to sch. Unless he wants to borrow books. I also don't give him money to buy food in sch so no need bring wallet.

There was once we went to science centre to watch imax movie. Before the show began, we were watching the exhibit and he &amp; his sister were sitting down. His wallet came out of his pocket and we only realised before the show started. We searched the whole theatre with the help of 2 staff still couldn't find. Imagine it is Ben 10 wallet (cost abt $10), $5 note and many coins inside. In the end it was at the counter, someone picked it up. Heng ah.

natellechim, caroline3sg

He says he needs the card to borrow books fr the library... not sure how true. After 3x loosing his wallet, i decided to let him bring food to school instead of buying fr the canteen, but still it doesnt help
sad.gif
maybe I should ban him fr bringing wallet to school totally.

Aiyo havent even had "kai-mui-dian-li" for the card &amp; it's lost. Luckily I didnt top up his card. Wanted to top up a week ago but somehow the machine couldnt read his card.

Is common for kids to keep losing things. Since school start, I've change few waterbottles for him liao. Lost this and lost that.. School gave them mealworms to bring home few wks ago for projects and told to bring school yesterday, also got the whole container lost!
sad.gif

i scanned his ezlink card and print it out, he will use it to borrow books if needed. But since now he remember his BC no so he just tell the librarian liao.

The ezlink card initially I thought can just go to machine to top up the value, but surprised to find out that you need to go to the counter to activate first before you can top up any value leh... hence last min cannot use it to take train mbecause the counter at my place there is always closed....
sad.gif

Talking about wallet, i bought a rubber string to hook the pouch to his shorts, so that it will not drop out.

Today he make a call on the public phone for his grandma to fetch him from school early, after his sports day. Due to no 10cent coin, but just a $1 coin, he just put in this coin for just <1min talk. OMG! What an expensive call. LOL!

Aiyoh today super busy, now then got time to sneak here abit. My dd lost her wallet once durign recess but luckily I wrote her name and class inside, and someone went to her classroom to return to her.

Yeah getting back report book tonite, PTC tomorrow. Quite exciting hiaz...

Nat, the public phone doesnt give change?

Valerie congrats! How I wish my dd can be 1st in class too, haha, just a dream lah. But no harm dreaming eh?
happy.gif

luanee
my girl also lost her wallet in P1. Her wallet has a makeover photo inside. Everyday went to lost &amp; found counter also can't find. It is not the wallet that we are after (since she has 2 of same kind), it is the photo.

talking about coins, yesterday my son wanted to drink milo. I told him $1 (we were at food centre). He poured all coins onto table and count. He took exact coins (combination of 20 &amp; 10 cent coins) to buy milo.

eh.. i doubt got change lah.. he didn't even know can ask the canteen vendor for changes.. haiz.. last time 1st time calling, he look at it, 10cent for 3min, 20cent for 6min, still don't know about mins and hours, he told 3min not enough, meant for 3 words nia.. put in a 20cent coin loh, but say only 2 sentences... after educating him about 10cent is enough for such call. this time put $1... faint!

Wow P1 got makeover photo liao? Hee :p

Nat, I think he will learn after this experience lor. Afterall, life is about learning...

Dymples,
Got the report book ystd too but there's no notification on highest, lowest score lei. Asked the teacher during PTM about this and she just said he's average. She also will not reveal Compo marks when I asked and said he did very badly. She said, the sch will not release these Compo papers back to us as previously they done and rec'd lots of parents "complaints" abt the markings. But what I like is that she told me why he did badly and how to improve on it.

Yes, she did say that the sch will undergo reno in a few yrs time but didn't specify exactly. Oh, I also asked abt the general high std and she agrees and said they need to upkeep the Christian Bro Sch std as when in P5 &amp; P6 all Christian Bro Schs will have the same set of exam papers and wants DLS to maintain that std. She said wait till you see their Science Paper even higher std (faintzzz).

Caroline/Dymples,

Met the Eng teacher (Indian) at KMG Woodlands, think she is the principal, nice lady and saw her teaching too. Quite like her but Woodlands a bit far for weekday class and if weekend then will like have to shuttle twice there, once already for Berries ... haizzz.

greenpink
yes the lady is the owner, I have talked to her. But she is not teaching P1. Another Indian teacher is teaching P1. I can hear that she speaks very clear &amp; excellent pronounciation.

If I were to sign up, it is either BB or WL, haven't go and look at BB centre. But based on picture, it is makeshift HDB flat. It may be a bigger centre than WL. It is the teacher that matters.

Caroline,

Ya agrees she speaks well and teaching tone and manner very kids friendly. Agree that teacher matters a lot to motivate and generate child's interest. Looks like teacher not so good ya.

Valerie,
KMG is KipMcGrath www.kipmcgrath.com.sg It has maths &amp; eng enrichment.

bebe75,
i just spent an hour scanning the papers today. *faints* will do the blanco and send to you over the weekends.
happy.gif

Bayges,
ya...most parents here are regulars either to this thread or the forum.
happy.gif

RE Compo
my boy's teacher also did not return Paper 1. the teacher did mention that most kids need to brush up on writing. when asked how to improve, she said she'll deal with them during the lessons in next semester.

Oops ... juz re-read my sentence. I meant YT Eng teacher not so good ya. As you mentioned earlier, I sort of compare Wlands with YT, YT eng class maybe chinese teacher and strict. In that case, I def prefer Wlands.

My son's school did return their Paper 1 and I don't even have time to glance through it and the next day, the teacher collected it back.

It is really pity. At least I can have the chance to see how my son did for the compo, but I just missed it.

I am still hoping that his teacher will return the paper again, but I doubt so.

tinklebell,
Maybe you can try buying those wallet with strap and hook so that your son can just hook onto his shorts.

That's what I did. I even let my son bring 2 wallets just in case he lost the main wallet(or forgot to bring), he still had money to buy food.

But I told him that the second wallet is for him to pay for books and other stuff that the teacher has instructed to buy and not for his own comsumption unless he had forgotten to bring the "main" wallet.

Till now, he never touch the other wallet. He never like to bring food to school, so I just give him money to buy food.

Hi

Any feedback on YuQuan for Chinese?
Many outlets around the island, mainly in RC premises. Wondering whether good or not?

Hi Mommies,

I'm backie from PT Meeting. The Form Teacher said my gal needs to improve and gain more foundation for English &amp; Maths. She also needs more phonics lesson to increase her reading ability. For Chinese, her verbal communication is good. Only lacking is her written and reading work. This feedback has confirmed my tots. Luckily I've enrolled her in several classes for this June holiday.

<font color="ff0066"> Caroline</font>
I went down to KNG in the afternoon after the PT Meeting. The lady there Ms Grace Tan is quite ok leh. I was looking to put my gal into their Maths program and wanted to do it 2x a week for June Hols then later when school starts to decrease to 1x. Too bad they could not accomodate. But since I was there, they were very nice and arranhged for my gal to take her English assessment (comprise of reading, spelling and written grammer) on the spot since the teacher was there. I find their service quite good so far really helpful especially in searching for available slots for the Maths class. So I signed and paid the fees for my gal to start her English enrichment.

Personally I prefer chinese to teach compared to Indians leh. Not tat I'm racist but I am jus scared that the Indian teacher may hv a slight slang to the English. But if their pronounciation is good, then it doesn't matter much.

Oh yes.. I enrolled my gal for the Wednesday class cos after the English enrichment, she can go straight to school cos she has join the Art Club and the class is conducted every weds from 11.00 - 12.30pm. Juz nice for her.
happy.gif

<font color="ff0066"> t_tottot</font>
Did icreative conduct an assessment for your gal b4 the trial class? If your gal likes the class then let her continue bah. And it's good tat the teacher is able to pick out her weak spot and help her to improve from there.

<font color="ff0066"> tinklebell</font>
Thks for the info. Will look out for their announcement then. Wow! $160+ for every 3-mths is quite cheap leh. hhhmmm... really can consider. *thinking very hard and re-calculating my budget now*

Oh dear... children are like tat - always losing things. I never let my gal bring her Transit Link card to school cos I scared she will loose it. Last time in CC, she also keep losing things. Luckily now better liaoz. But I dun wanna take the chance.

Dymples
Thank you for the feedback. Would find time this weekend to go WL branch.

bebe75
Everyday I have been waiting for the Eng SA1 to be returned (I didn't had time to scan last week and had to return the next day). But no leh. Tomorrow last day of sch, see have or not (I wrote an email to ask already).

<font color="ff0066"> Bebe75</font>
I've managed to make copies of DLS English &amp; Maths SA1 paper liaoz. But didn't get it for Chinese paper.
Let me blanco the answers over the weekend, then I will scan over to you. Paiseh for the long delay.
2507176.gif

Hi Dymples,

I asked my gal whether she likes to go there for classes. She said not really because she cant catch up with the writing part. Sigh. She says she prefers Zoophonics which she has been with for 2 years. But when I say IcreativeLearner is more useful because they not only teach creative writing, she say ok, then go ICL. I think most likely I will enroll her and hopefully her English and writing skills will improve.

No, they did not conduct any assessment before the trial class. But I think the purpose of the trial lesson is also for the teacher to ascertain what is their standard like. From the worksheets she gave today, I can see that the things they teach are very comprehensive. A lot of the words she taught today are not found in their school worksheets so I think their vocab wil be widen a lot.

Hi mummies

Sorry for the late reply..I have received the following scripts from all the wonderful mummies here:

Ai Tong (HCL Mock)
Catholic High (EL)
Catholic High (HCL)
Catholic High (HCL Mock)
Catholic High (Maths)
Choa Chu Kang Pri (CL)
Choa Chu Kang Pri (Maths)
CHIJ TP (CL)
CHIJ TP (EL)
CHIJ TP (Maths)
De La Salle (EL_Paper 1)
De La Salle (Maths)
Endeavour (EL)
Endeavour (Maths)
HIPS (CL)
Hougang Pri (CL)
Hougang Pri (EL)
Hougang Pri(Maths)
Kuo Chuan Presbyterian Pri (EL)
Kuo Chuan Presbyterian Pri (Maths)
Lian Hua (CL)
Lian Hua (EL)
Ngee Ann (CL)
Rosyth (EL) - CA1
Rosyth (Maths) - CA1
Rosyth (CL) - SA1
Sembawang Pri (CL)
Sembawang Pri (EL)
Sembawang Pri (Maths)
St Anthony (CL)
St Anthony (EL)
St Anthony (Maths)

Littleprincesses or other RGPS mummies
For RGPS papers, I had problem converting the microsoft 97 files to PDF. Are u able to email the files to me with lower version ie MS93, or JPEG or PDF format will also do the job. Thanks!!

JHeng
have you emailed me the Tao Nan papers? It is okay to email me indiv pages if you have difficulty combining the pages.

Bayges
I have noted yr request. But as you are new user, and your first posting to the forum was actually requesting for a copy of the exam scripts, I am sorry that I have to give myself (as well as other concerned mummies) the benefits of the doubt and decline your request.

At the same time, I also seek understanding from the other mummies that the compilation is merely for our own kids to have extra materials to revise and practise various exam techniques. My most exposed risk, and therefore my main concern, is that someone might exploit this sharing exercise by profiteering themselves thru selling the scripts to the public. I will not be liable for any legal action arising out of such unethical acts. Therefore, pls exercise discretion should you wish to circulate the scripts to others.

As some of the files are hugh, I see if I can scale them down to a manageable size for email distribtion. Otherwise I will circulate them in batches. I will try to email to the mummies by next week.

I attended my gal PTM today..and got positive feedbacks from her form teacher. I am glad that she is well behaved, independent in class. And teacher actually praised her for her tidiness and beautiful handwriting. She wanted to showcase her writing to the class, but did not get the chance (hee..prob too many mistakes). Academically, she is doing average, and teacher think that she can improve further. I was worried that she is the weakest student in Maths class, but teacher assured me she is not, otherwise the sch would have sent her for remedial class.
All her teachers commented that she is very reserved and introvert, too shy to volunteer or raise questions in class. This is her nature, and I can't do much but to encourage her to speak up. But I pointed to teacher to try to give her chance to do show and tell, which she is keen but too shy to do it in front of class.
When I feedback that the school is keeping all their works in sch and parents do not have ample time to review them, the teacher explained that it is instruction from HOD to do so. But starting next term, they will release the Maths file to the kids on weekly, or daily basis (if possible).

fz,
perhaps u r right cos de teacher did say she can tell my gal can grasp concepts taught easily so careless mistakes made in sch wk shts r not cos she doesnt understand. my consolation is dat cos my gal n i din noe de dates of de mock exams n hence, we din prepare. ah q abit - she'll do better if i've prepared her
happy.gif
but i still dun tink de papers r tough. u all b my judge after i scan to bebe75.

meetin her student care teachers 2molo. hopefully their feedback's consistent to those of de teachers.

bebe75,
will send them dis wkend.

there r pros n cons to sendin de files home regularly. de files r not light n my gal always cannot find space in her bag to put them neatly. my gal needs to file her chinese worksheets herself n i've noticed some missin alredi. eng n maths wk shts r always returned for our signatures so can quickly glance thru mistakes. then returned to de teacher for filing. dis file will be returned to us juz b4 hols. in dis way, all wk shts r intact.

Hi bebe75

Do you want NAn Chiau Pri Sch SA1?
My gal finishes sch at 11.00 am today ...
the sch has tea reception for all the top 1st &amp; 2nd and model students with their parents...

How abt ur kids?

jolene,
i want! i heard nan chiau's papers not easy too. :p

tea reception for top 1st and 2nd? should include 3rd as well ma.
my boy's sch only have some prize giving (i read from their website) for those who score full marks for math. my boy is upset that he doesn't qualify....but he is consoled yesterday cos he won the spelling bee contest. :D

mummies,
will SA2 covers SA1's topics?

Hi bebe,
No problem. Can understand so no problem.

Natellehcim
your son in SPS too? How is he finding it so far. My godson, aiyo, seems to hear from his mum he is always doing homework. Not sure why though, but he seems so busy.

Bebe75
Thanks so much for the effort for compiling the SA papers. We appreciate your time and effort spent. Many Thanks
Hi All mummies, attend PTM ysterday and was pleased with her performance in class although academically not very good (i.e. Band2 for Maths and no marks for Eng &amp; MT due to MC fr 2wks). Im brushing up my gal's maths (i.e. carlessness and sometimes never read questions properly!) and eng compre fr this june holi. Im gg to send my gal to MPM.

Hi Bebe, don't feel pai seh. We really appreciate your help and effort. By the way, if you need help, I am willing to share some loads with you. I can help to convert the files into PDF and also help some 'blanco-ing' using my Acrobat.
happy.gif

Do let me know if you need help.
happy.gif

Back