(2002) Any 2002 babies?

my son's chinese test for next week, will comprises of HYPY, counting strokes, Match picture with the correct phrase, arranging words in order for sentences. no compreh at all. The structure was given together with the exam schedule. He is not taking higher chinese, thus I guess no compreh at this moment.

jolene,
RE Compre
is it? i thought at least the phrase must be same as the passage. but of course not direct copying.

natellehcim,
i think whether the paper have compre is regardless of higher chinese or normal chinese. my boy's paper have HYPY, count strokes, fill in the blanks, cloze passage (with helping words), match sentence, compre MCQ and compre open-ended.

my boy having excursion to science centre next month. i think all kids will enjoy the weeks after exams...and or course us too! cheers!!!

ya i also looking forward to the end of exam, then can bring the kids out over the weekends. Grounded them for last and this coming weekend liao.
happy.gif

Seems like every mummy is looking forward to the end of exam. I am also looking forward to a break from ironing uniforms and washing school shoes!

Jolene
I do not know how the sch teach, but it is safe to copy if they can't rephrase or have difficulty answering the OE compre. They are just P1.

Really envy those mummies with kids that had finished their examinations.

My son still has 2 more papers for next week. Hopefully, he can do well.

I am also lokoing forward for next week as by then I can totally relaxed.

For comprehension, I just asked my son to copy directly from the passage for the answers. It might not be the proper way, but right now, I think he is still unable to understand why need to rephrase since he can copy and at least can score some marks.

hmm.. yen ling, same as you. 2 more papers for next week. today is english. I only asked him to look and do carefully, paying attention on the tenses. This is what i can help liao. the rest up to him, i can't help his horrible carelessness.
happy.gif

For comprehension..I told my gal. she can copy..but must copy smartly, not blindly. However I think the teacher will still award a bit of marks even if they did not copy correctly..at least they know where to look for answer.

My gal is having her Maths paper today..finally I can clear away all the assessment books and past yr exam papers. Very nervous..hope she reads the questions properly and show her working.

I have not thought of how we are going to "celebrate" the post exam periods. Maybe I will let her watch her favourite DVDs. It has been a while since she visits the library, so we may consider going there on weekends.

Seems like my dd will be the last to complete the exam, her last paper is Wed. Yesterday she had her compo and it's A Trip to the Zoo. She told me that she wrote 123 words and checked 5 times. Anyway, i believe the teacher is looking for sentence structure and no so much of the story.

bebe, really envy you now.

Ha..ha..CL so i am not the only one, at least don't feel so bad... nate, ask your friend to hang in there, soon the exam will be over and we can rest and relax liao.

hurray!
my boy is now in his room happily playing with his lego set. and i am now happily surfing the internet. heehee...

Hi Mummies,

My gal's English 64/65 Chinese 63.5/65 Maths 93/100....kind of surprised that she knew her result so fast as she just cleared all her paper on Wednesday....So happy
happy.gif

Wow..Jolene..that is fast. Yr gal's school is very efficient. And yr Gal is really smart. You must be smiling from ear to ear now.

CL/Valerie/natellehcim/Yen Ling - no need to envy, the exam will be over soon, take it that you still have extra weekend to revise.

Now my gal has completed her exam..I can have a breather..dunwan to dwell too much on the results yet.

Share some good news, I am expecting #3. Tested positive a week ago, prob that explains the fatigue and mood swings. I have not gone to my gynae yet, cos busy with my gal's exam preparation. I also have not shared the news with my family and inlaws yet. Planning to make the official announcement after seeing the gynae.

Jolene,
Congrats for good results. Why is it upon 65? Is it inclusive of compo and oral? My gal got band 1 for all subjects so qt relieved.

Tomorrow she can celebrate halloween night ; )

Hi MAisy Daisy

Has not add her oral compo and listening compre yet upon 65 is on the paper itself...congrats to you too...can relax already.

Bebe75 Congrats....hope u have a boy...

Thanks..it was indeed a miracle for us as my ovarian cysts condition does not favor pregnancy. We have given up trying few yrs back, already accustomed to the ideas that "2 is enough". I think my gynae will be surprised to see that I can conceive naturally.

Jolene - I also hope this will be a boy (too much yin in the family liao), but after having so many disappointments, I learn to appreciate that every life creation is a miracle. Now my 2 gals are more anxious to learn abt this new pregnancy than my hubby and me. And they insist to have another sister. They had even named it with a gal's name.

If you ask me if I am worried that my in laws will pester me for a boy this time, I will say yes. But, too late to do anything now, right? So, I might as well learn to enjoy this pregnancy. It will be a different experience from my previous one..as now my gals will walk through this journey with me and get to see "live education". They are eager to read up books on life creation and cycle, and will talk to my tummy all the time. LOL.

bebe75,
Congratulations to you.
You must be excited about this pregnancy.
Don't bother so much about the sex. Just enjoy this pregnancy.

Jolene,
Must really ask you how do you teach your dd. Or maybe you did not put in much effort as she is smart in nature.
Really envy you.
My son only got back his english paper 1.
19/19 for listening compre and 7.5/10 for comp.

Congrats bebe on your #3.

Congrats to Jolene and Chuayl for the good results. Hope we will be congratulating all mummies here when all the result are out.

Bebe,
Congrats! It's good news. Rest well don't stress yourself out. Enjoy your pregnancy. I envy you have 2 gals. I always think girls can go shopping with mummy, share shoes, bags etc.

Does anyone have plans for holidays?

My dd received most of her exam results. Not as good as her CA2.
Surprisingly, her Chinese has the highest score among the 3 subjects. I told her the credit goes to me since I'm her Chinese tutor
biggrin.gif

Hi yawn yawn

I won't know yet till I receive her report book..but she was 4th in class for SA1..

Yen Ling - I do spend an hour with her daily to coach her in terms of sch work cum assessment and past yr paper too....I can't tell whether she is smart by nature...but during exam time I revise the key point & her weakest area with her..

My gal is inconsistent in performance. Last SA2 she did well for Eng and Chinese but slag in Maths. So this time I revise Maths with her more. Then now her Eng score deteriorate although luckily Maths' score was very good. Sigh...
I wonder when can she do well without me nagging at her.

Congrats to bebe75 for your early christmas gift.

Today is my dd's 1st paper ...English ... hopefully she remembers what I taught her over the past few days. Gave her chicken essence this morning... hopefully it helps too!

bebe75
That is such a great gift. Enjoy the pregnancy and it is realli fun with 2 kids so looking forward and sure they will be great jie jie

cookiepie
I am sure she will. Trust her!

Wow it seems like the SA2 result release very early leh.

Let me share a joke of my daughter. As you know comprehension usually you find answer from the passage. She got this question : Who would you like to be friend with ?

She said she thought for the longest time and wrote : I want to be friend with my classmates in school and enrichment classes because I enjoy being with them.

I laugh till I want to roll on the floor. But when I told her answers should be picked from the passage. Her tears start rolling so I thot aiyo my gal cannot accept setback one. sigh

Thanks mummies..can't wait for the first trimester to be over..feeling tired and hungry all the time. Yesterday, brought the kids to skate...I was like half asleep most of them time. When come to meal time, I seem to be forever fussy and yet can't stop eating.

I think my gal will be getting her results this week. Cos next week, she will be busy with post exam school activities organised by her sch It is compulsory to choose one art-related and one dance/sport related activity. I "made" her choose Archery..hee hee..Wanted her to try out something new, esp those outdoor activities. For Art, she has chosen Doodlechamp.

Hello Mummies
I'm so so glad my son's SA2 is over... at least no more stress for the next 1-2 mths.

bebe75
Congrats! Don't overstress yourself.

yawn yawn
My son also had chinese as his best subject. His score for eng and chinese were better than SA1's but he did not do as well for Maths, his favourite subject. I think it's bec he was overconfident.

Maisy Daisy
We'r planning to bring the kids to HK disneyland over the haji holiday. This is the first time I'm bringing all 3 my kids for for a holiday without any help... hope it'll not be a disaster.

cookiepie, you gal don't mind taking the chicken essence? My dd is taking 1st paper..English too. Tomorrow will be Chinese and Math will be the last paper.

CL, you so bad.. laugh at your gal.. Your gal so sensible, at least she bothers to cry, some don't even care that they gave the wrong answer. Ha.. ha.. did your heart sink when she started crying?

Hi bebe, congratulations for #3. I am also diagnosed with PCOS years also, chances of conceiving almost zero. So I did not put on hopes for able to have kids. But miracles do happen, and I'm blessed with 2. Enjoy your pregnancy, I do envy the joy seen in preggy mummies.. but can't bring myself to try it.. ha..ha...
happy.gif

Valerie
ya lor I oso wanted to cry when she started crying. Then daddy says bring her to swedsen she still sobbing. Finally start to smile when she saw the ice - cream

Valerie,
Dd1 didn't like the taste of chicken essence at first but I told her I always drink this during exams. So she "learnt" to drink it. dd2 (3-yr-old) loves it though. Think it is really hate it or love it at 1st "taste"!

hi mummies, talking abt chicken essence, BRANDS come out with adult and children type. Any mummies knows what's the diff btw them? Is it in taste or contents? If no diff muz well I let my kids take the normal one, rather than buyin the kids type.
happy.gif

CL, ha.. ha.. my dd loves ice-cream too.

cookiepie, my 2nd dd also 3 yrs old. Maybe i should let them try it too. Is it consider heaty stuff?

Natelle,
I did not compare the difference in ingredients between the adult and kid versions. But if you are giving your kids the adult version, just give half a bottle instead of 1.

Valerie,
Chicken essence is heaty...mothers usually drink it daily during confinement. I only let my 3-yr-old try a few sips for fun ....

Bebe: Congrats
happy.gif
The gender is secondary. Most imptly, the baby is healthy
happy.gif

jolene and chuayl: your efforts have finally paid off :p wondering how mine will score.

Maisy Daisy:My family will be going to Japan - Tokyo this xmas.

Wow...most of you have 2-3 kids. Me only 1 cos my son din want any siblings when he was 3-4 yrs old. Now he is chasing me to have 2 for him. *faint*

To all mummies who kids are still having exam this week, all the best! 

Congrats to Jolene and Chuayl for the good results.

Bebe75, Congrats to your pregnancy and may you have a smooth pregnancy. 

Maisy Daisy, we are planning to go Bali in dec.

Avrilf, I also have 1. I have diffculty in getting pregnant lor. Trying for no 2 for long long time really envy those pregnant easily.

me bringing them to genting bah.. can't go anywhere further, cost concerned because last yr went HK liao! Me still have to work, so probably they will stay at home w my in laws bah...

ohohjazz
for me I booked a short trip to Bintan Club Med during NATAS. Me too the year before to Hong Kong, last year to perth. So this year I want to relax and contain everything in Club Med.

Plus the weather too cold in China and Japan now so thot this year will skip

CL,
Bintan club med is q nice for the kids. I went last year ..only thing was the weather... it rained on the days when we were there
sad.gif
But the kids also enjoyed themselves cos they went there with a few of their cousins...so long it's a holiday.. they r happy! + there are lots of food to eat...Enjoy the food there!

CL, when you go perth did you all join tour or DIY? If DIY can share with me the iternary because I am going there next year. :p

Natellehcim, Genting i like it..cool weather. S'pore too hot.

ya, i love the weather there but hates the journey. How I wish singapore can have such good cooling weather. My kids love HK last Decv, they told me they enjoyed running around and played in the playgrounds without perspiring. It's also a pleasure for me to just sit down there and wait while they play. In Singapore, I can't sit long under the hot weather... ha.. ha... hmm... I missed the place
happy.gif

Back