2 weeks HL after Embryo Transfer - do you take it?

faith456

Hi

I was told that the hospital will give you 2 weeks Hospitalisation Leave after your Embryo Transfer procedure, to let you rest and recover during the '2 week wait'.

Do you ladies take the full 2 weeks HL or do you return to work after a couple of days?

I'm sure it's important to rest, but I scared to take such long leave as work may get disrupted. Then must explain to colleagues what is wrong with you.

Help and advice please. Thanks in advance! :)

Hi

I was told that the hospital will give you 2 weeks Hospitalisation Leave after your Embryo Transfer procedure, to let you rest and recover during the '2 week wait'.

Do you ladies take the full 2 weeks HL or do you return to work after a couple of days?

I'm sure it's important to rest, but I scared to take such long leave as work may get disrupted. Then must explain to colleagues what is wrong with you.

Hello! I did 5 FET before and I took HL for 4 FET. The last one I took AL (6 days and the rest of the days WFH) because abit paiseh keep taking. My colleagues are aware that I am doing IVF and hence, no need to explain much to them:)

Hello! I did 5 FET before and I took HL for 4 FET. The last one I took AL (6 days and the rest of the days WFH) because abit paiseh keep taking. My colleagues are aware that I am doing IVF and hence, no need to explain much to them:)
Thanks sharing your experience yy116!
That's good that you're able to share with colleagues that you're doing IVF. I can't quite share with the colleagues, so they will ask again why I mia for 2 wks.

The last time I did the FET last August, I told them doc gave HL to rest from severe cramps. Now dunno what reason to explain/give this round. Haha..thinking perhaps, I should just take unpaid annual leave.

Hi

I took the full 2weeks+ HL, only informed my superior about the ivf but not my colleagues. Yes, there are questions but I just inform them I had to go through minor procedure. My superior did discreetly inform my colleagues about my HL during a team meeting. Since she's aware, they don't really ask much after.

Thanks sharing your experience yy116!
That's good that you're able to share with colleagues that you're doing IVF. I can't quite share with the colleagues, so they will ask again why I mia for 2 wks.

The last time I did the FET last August, I told them doc gave HL to rest from severe cramps. Now dunno what reason to explain/give this round. Haha..thinking perhaps, I should just take unpaid annual leave.

Oh...Because I don’t want to keep finding excuses since I am frequently away. So might as well tell them the real reason. Perhaps you can tell them you doing minor procedure (woman related issue e.g. cyst removal)? Or can ask doctor give you 5 days MC? Tell them you got flu. Then another 5 days you take AL?

Hi

I took the HL but i am basically WFH everyday since day 2 of my ET... because there's no one to cover me.. so even i took it i dont feel that i am really using it but taking HL means i dont need to go to office? but i think if it's a frozen ET for next round, i will not take the HL. I might just take 2 days annual leave for ET day 1 & 2 and I will continue working as I also cannot share this with my colleagues so I guess we just need to make do with it?

Hi

I am on 9dp5dt... didn't take HL as am on wfh only and felt working is the best way to keep mind busy. Just took 2 days annual right after ET.

Took the full HL given to me. Most of my colleagues know that I'm doing IVF so I didn't really had to explain much. It's good to rest if you can :)

Thanks for sharing your experience. That's great (I guess) that they know. My colleagues don't know, so does my family and friends. It's such a lonely road sometimes.

I took the HL but i am basically WFH everyday since day 2 of my ET... because there's no one to cover me.. so even i took it i dont feel that i am really using it but taking HL means i dont need to go to office? but i think if it's a frozen ET for next round, i will not take the HL. I might just take 2 days annual leave for ET day 1 & 2 and I will continue working as I also cannot share this with my colleagues so I guess we just need to make do with it?
Yes, I guess we do. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Jiayou! I'm in customer service, so must come down to work place. Rest well.
I work in CS too, so I know we don't have the luxury of WFH. And being on our feet or walking around all day is not good for us, so I didn't really have much of a choice but having to let some colleagues know (and let them spread word among themselves). This helped me because when I need to be swapped out from certain duties, people will not really question why.

Back