1st Time...

sidney has a lamaze lion which he really likes. he can stare at its legs for a long long time. but i dun take it to his cot with him coz he ends up looking at the legs and cant drop off to sleep. infact i think the security objects shld serve the purpose of calming them n helping them sleep, not excite them! ha.

hmm..i think the bolster might be a solution if he stops tossing it ard like a piece of meat. ha.

sgn-u went back to work?

shauna,
the lamaze animals cannot be used as a security object at all! Too colourful and stimulating! Josh has a lamaze dog. it used to be in his cot until he could not stop scrunching its ears and pressing its legs (trying to get the sound out!)..i got fed up and threw the dog out of the cot! :p

I think wat you can do is that find a nice cuddly soft toy that is not too brightly coloured. Tuck the toy between you and sidney when you are nursing him. Or during those quiet times you have with him, cuddle him and let him cuddle the soft toy together. Aft some time i think he'll get attached to it. Must teach him to associate the soft toy with quiet times and cuddling...that's what i have been doing with Josh and his teddy bear.

We introduced a bloster (actually 2..they are similar ones) to our girl when she was abt 6mths+..she grew to be attached to it..@ nite we carry & pat her to sleep..the moment she's abt to 'knock off'..we put her on the cot & she'll swing her hand & grab the bloster..very cute..hmmm..we also tried a small bean pillow (made by my mum)..its her 2nd choice..its good cos its much easier to bring out then the bloster..

speaking of security objects, Josh's teddy bear is not exactly security object yet. I'm trying to get him to get used to it. He got some weird preferences on different days...sometimes it is his milk bottle cover, sometimes the pacifier cover, sometimes the bolster, sometimes the teddy bear...it's very funny...

my gf's daughter who is coming to 3 now also didn't have a fixed security object. Always something different everyday. At one time, it was spoon. Cos she's so fascinated with spoons and she'll 'steal' her grandma's spoons, sometimes even take spoons from restaurants. My gf doesn't know her gal takes the spoon until they are home. hahaha...now my gf's house got like 1000 different kinds of spoons....

nellu
huh sounds bad, ur friend got to teach her girl not to take from restaurants if not later become hobby! die lar.

i'm better with steriod today but got to throw away the BM for 2 days. poor KY got bear frozen BM n FM for the time being.

nellu- haha. thanks for the tip. nah, i dun put toys in his cot at all. never did, dun think i will. the lion is sitting in the car to entertain for car rides mostly.. i think older kids will be very attached to things they fancy but they will soon discard it when they find something better. thats more like a temp security object rather than the permanent one. speaking of it, my bro still has his smelly bolster on his bed!

shauna
speaking of travelling in the car, is Sidney put at the back or in the front seat? How is he during car rides? Happy or fussy??

I put Josh at the back. Had not really taken him on long rides, just v short ones like 15-20mins (or maybe i'm a hell driver...hahaha!!). He's been ok so far and had fallen asleep with teddy at the back...when that happens i have travel half the island to let him sleep longer. He seems to like the Maxi Cosi...but not too sure how to keep him occupied...cos he's in the throwing phase...

sgn,
you ok? Dun feel bad lah...Josh had frozen BM for the longest time when i was working leh...still ok wat...so good that you still have milk to pump!!
happy.gif

nellu

thanks for your email.. have replied already.

btw, is there any chance we could meet before you fly off?

thanks.

nellu
i dun have much frozen stock dun know can last him till 1yr old. now pumping hard to kep the ss lor.
oh ya when is ur europe trip huh?

nellu- sidney is veyr happy in his car seat. we put him in the back seat and ive taken him on rides as long as an hour (from my place to marine parade, n if u add in the gettin lost time.. its an hour.)

what do u mean by throwing period?throwing the toys ard? sidney does that too but not much with his lion. he's quite happy to hold its legs until he gets to where we wanna go.. ")

hi mummies
ky is having fever n cough, i think he got virus from me. very stressed at home taking care of him. can't do much to help relief his pain.

sgn- oh no. they are very cranky when unwell. hang in there.sidney is like GLUE when he is unwell, which thankfully, is rather rare. if i just put him down for a sec, he will scream n cry n kick n i duno, perhaps tear the house down if he could. i guess they just need lotsa cuddles for now.
dun stress urself up. take it that he is building up his immunity now..hugz

sgn,
so sorry to hear that KY is ill...hope he gets well soon. you have to take care too...dun get too stressed out...

i used to get really worried abt Josh getting ill on really hot days because he didn't want to drink water...now i'm not so worried anymore because he has fallen in love with the pigeon straw cup...he's been hugging it around the whole day and sipping the water all the time!! hahaha the boy who rejected water for months is now OBSESSED with Water!!!

shauna,
hmm...Josh doesn't really get cranky when he is unwell. so a lot of times, i can't tell if he is really sick...he still dashes around the house like usual... sometimes not sure if that is good or bad....

nellu- how exciting! fancy cups and bottles always get them really thrilled abt drinking their liquids.. sidney has so many. but well.. i cant say he downs enough water to impress me. i'm happy enough to watch him finish one mag mag a day..

if he's really unwell, then he will let u know rite?is he a super crawler already? ")

Nellu,
Haha talking about straw mag. I switch from Avent training cup to Nuby straw mag which I brought from the recent baby fair, Nichole too loves it for the 1st few weeks, now she likes those coke paper cup with removable straw, she saw us drinking from that cup and insist to drink from that too. Faint lor*. So now when she refuse to drink lots of water for the day we will pour some into her paper cup and she will drink & drink & play with the straw in & out of the cover.
Sgn,
Why not you bring KY to Yu Guo, see if thats help.

Shauna,
Josh is astonishing! he finishes 1/2 a mag mag in 10 mins!! and his shirt is half wet...hahaha...very funny to watch

jasmine,
the avent cup ah...aiyo...i swear it's the biggest money waster...i tried to use that to teach Josh for months and he simply refuse! i just switch to the mag cup, he loves it instantly!!

These few days, Josh is astonishing...been trying to pull to stand...he's a bit slow hor...and he's starting to recognise words and associating them to items! Very exciting times indeed...
happy.gif

Shauna,
not yet super crawler...but super creeper...haha still dragging his fat tum tum on the floor...but recently very keen on practising standing...

How u mummies get ur bb to drink from training cup or straw? I can't get my girl to do it..she doesn't want..I've both Avent & Nuby sippy cup..she doesn't like either of them..

graybecky,
i can't really tell you how leh...cos Josh is really fluke one! but i remember trying to teach him on the Avent cup for many months. The first time i introduce to him, i let him sit on my lap, leaning on me. Then I take his hands to hold the cup and bring the sprout to his mouth. My boy is the kind anything come near his mouth will open big big type...haha. he did put the sprout in but he bite. I also showed him a few times by making the mouth shape when sucking.

This went on for many many months...then one fine day when we were outside (this was like 2 months ago) he just suck on the cup!!..but only one time...then i know liao that he's very naughty! he actually knows how to do it but just dun want. Later on i switch to the mag mag cup with sprout. Immediately he suck...because the sprout is softer.

Recently i noticed that he suck on the sprout but didn't tilt the cup. So i took out the straw and let him try...just like that, he became addicted to it! hahaha

you want to try the pigeon cup?

actually we started sidney on the straw sometime ago. and then he was doing well n one day he decided to boycott water. n this went on for days, worrying me greatly coz he would have completely dry diapers for 3-4 hours in a row. n now he's back to the spout again.keke. DOWNGRADE!!

sidney is rather slow in his developments. in fact he hasnt started to walk yet. guess we can take this time to enjoy the moments while he is still crawling.
he also doesnt speak. not even mama, or dada. babbling yes.. but its random words that i cant fathom.
however he does recognise and can identify the sounds. whenever i read his fav books in the hall, he hurries over.

abit slow hor?

jasmine
yesterday was sun worry very crowded n my dad is in icu so never bring to yu guo. today we went to see pd, she say mild bronchitis. fever suddenly spike up to 38.7deg. now he sees spoon he scared liao cos he associated it with med.

Sgn,
Oh what happen to your dad? Have to take care bronchitis is serious. Just like Nichole the other time see spoon just reject to take anything. End up we add the medicine inside her milk.
Nellu,
Nichole used 2 Avent Mag Mag spout cups so far, the small 1 & later brought a bigger 1. Now she is into straw so no more using the spout mag anymore. I brought the soft reflex straw mag as the straw is soft and can reflex when closing the cap. Yeah they will tend drink direct from the cup without spout or straw sometimes guess they just want to be like us grown up by drinking direct hehe...
Graybecky,
Maybe you would like to add some Ribena into the drink for start, now I gave my gal Ribena but try not to mix too sweet for them.

graybecky- just put water and consistently offer water every 15-30min. it can be for days or weeks... but eventually they will drink from it. i remember when i 1st met nellu, josh didnt drink water at all. rite, nellu? look at the grown boy now!

yup graybecky, have to keep on trying..and perhaps also try a different cup...Josh didn't drink water at all last time...I always had to dilute juice for him. Only recently he takes a lot of water...

jasmine
my dad had gastric ulcer. went for major op. now i more worry for the fever up n down up n down, pd says to give another 1-2 days for it to go away. my little had not been lerthargy like that b4.
last night the tui na was good fever went off but this afternoon fever came back agan 38.7deg, poor boy very uncomfortable.

sgn- i think they tend to be rather lethargic when they run a temp. if he does sleep for too long, i think gota wake him up frequently to give some fruits or water. esp if he isnt eating well.. if not, the temp usually rises when they sleep for long hours. esp at nite!
fever patches are very good too.

Shauna
ya u are rite ky's fever always spike up after he wakes up or during his nap.
now he hates spoon n fever patch cos he associated them with suffering ha ha ha.

i tell myself if fever again tonight i will bring him to kkh. my friend told me if go hospital they will take blood and the child will suffer more. she says better to stay at home to mornitor ourselves.

sgn-

if the fever is persistent its better to seek professional help. coz it really isnt good for the body esp head, to be over heated for so many days leh...sometimes its a viral infection, most often it is a symptom of something bigger.

poor ky..that one time sidney had a fever and each time we sryinged down his medicine he would be yelling n crying big time. he was kinda ok with the fever patch tho. hee..

u have to take care of urself too u noe. vit c n all.

hmm..i think i'm really lucky. Josh is hardly this sick save for once he had high fever as a result of reacting to the first pneumococcal jab. He didn't fight us with the medicine either. In fact, he LOVES the syringe!! sounds quite crazy isn't it?? This really surprised us because we had a hard time feeding him the medicine when he had chicken pox tho...such a change of heart! hee

sgn,
do take care. It's a difficult and stressful time... *hugz*

shauna,
vaguely remember you saying that you signed sidney up for aquaducks classes? gone already? how is it? I want to start Josh soon as well. And i think he'll REALLY enjoy it.

He's driving me really nuts at home with his obsession with water. Every bath time our bathroom ends up like we've gone thru some kind of water bomb war! And everytime he sees me having a drink of water he wants to get his hands on...no sorry INTO the water!!!...

btw, ladies, if you ever have to go to france with your babies, you have to pack all the FM that you need. Cos France doesn't have FM!! now my luggage is going to be super heavy since Josh has gone onto FM completely now...sigh...

Shauna
pd says need to give 1-2 days for fever to subside, i took 1 wk leave cos can't bear to see my boy suffer.

nellu
when is ur trip? wow can try to login in europe to chat with us? would't it be very speacial?

nellu-
i almost went for the trial, after buying ALL the gear i possibly need . and then i decided i cant change myself n change him at the pool all by myself since he isnt standing yet. anyways, speaking of that, sidney FINALLY stood up yesterday. now this means i can bring him to the pool. u wanna try aquaducks? or if u wan, we can take them on our own..

sgn- poor mommy. he is at home with u rite? anyone to help u?
i'm down with a cough myself. hope sidney doesnt catch it from me..

Nellu,
Wao you going to europe with Josh? For holiday? How long will you be going, when you're moving off? So envy you. But Its a long journey for Josh to travel though. Bringing FM is not easy, have to estimate enough for his whole trip. Josh likes to play well shower hah, just like Nichole don't want to get out of shower kept playing with water make us wet well showering her sigh, she will scream out loud when we start to clean her face & wash her hair, she just don't like us to touch her face, don't know why also.
Sgn,
Must be caution about high fever for kids. It will take 3-4 days for fever to go away if it like what PD says viral infection, If not better do some blood test, better not be dengue fever. Hope your dad is recovering soon too. Shauna is right fever patch do help in a way. Just have to put on and bare the cry for a well.

Shauna
i think u better wear a mask cos i also think like u n never wear mask now i got to pay great price for not doing that.
my MIL on n off is helping me to look after while i can nap for 1-2hrs.

Jesmine
my MIL suggested to give KY the hou ning which we think it helps him to cough out the mucus (yellowish) today.
will try to give him again later. lucky that time sales i bought a few to standby at home.

Sgn,
KY having cough too? I thought he having fever only. Then have to give, but remember full course is 3 days in a roll. That time I also gave 3 boxes in 3 days. Then Nichole get better, but I still bring her to see Yu Guo to make her fully recovered.
Nellu & Shauna,
JTS: POLULAR having moving out sales at Orchard MRT(Just above the MRT station). I just went. Brought lots ok thick colourful books & CDs for Nichole. The big flash cards also can buy $2 each. Even discounted items gt 20% less worth buying leh.

Nellu & Shauna,
Forgot to tell you guys. The moving out sales end this sunday. So act fast if want to buy anything from there. I brought quite a bit there all is educational stuff for Nichole.

sgn- wah.. i cant nap leh. if i nap my house will be in a mess and i will tear all my hair out. how's ky today?

jasmine- i was at orchard popular just now too!! put sidney at my mom's for awhile (today she off..keke), then i went to buy books for him..

i din c the flash cards but i bought 2 books.

jasmine
ya cough for 2 days ler. btw wanted to bring him for tui na today but they r off today.

shauna
today still running high fever esp after nap 39.3-39.7deg today. wah got to take nap if not i will die.

funny: my boy had been refusing BM since yesterday. he will push out the teat when i tried to feed him.
but today i tried using spoon to feed him n he ok ley. can finished 3oz of milk!

Shauna,
Gd morning. Oh the big flash card is for sticking on to the wall type big size like A1. Is near to the kids VCD side. I brought 2 pcs, 1 is A-Z with colorful picture & 1 is for counting 1-10, last night we stick it on our store room door Nichole start to learn and read keke... And I brought 1 Nursery Rhythm " Mother Goose" book with CD can read and sing along, have been looking high & low for this and can't find it for a well and I happen to see it before I pay up, 1 left. , Nichole enjoy so much. Think is a good buy as its already discounted and still have 20% off.
Sgn,
Guess you have to sponge KY since he having so high of the fever, must be tired & you still not well yet right? Maybe KY is teething thats why he refuse to drink milk using bottle.

sgn-happy to hear that KY is recovering. btw, i won't be in SG starting fr 28 apr and will only be back in time for Josh's bday. so I won't be going to your party. Have a good time ya?

Jasmine-thanks for the info on the popular sale. I knew abt it, saw the ad on newspaper but got no time to go down. Also got no energy. These few days Josh is a bit weird, kept waking up at nite aft midnite..really drove hb and i mad...both of us very tired. Somemore must plan for the trip...stress...
the trip is sort of holiday. I'm tagging along with my hb to France cos he'll be there for 1week for his MBA classes. Since I sua ku haven't been to europe so must take opportunity to go lor...kekeke...we'll stay on aft his classes for a few days in Paris to visit friends then hop over to UK for a week to visit friends as well. Total time there will be 3 weeks.
It's stressful actually to go on a trip at this pt in time because Josh cannot eat adult food yet, so have to pack some food, FM, feeding equipment. Clothes also need to pack a lot because the weather right now is not as warm as in Singapore so have to get ready some warm clothing for Josh, even tho he is actually scared of heat...but still must prepare...then of course must bring stroller, toys, other comfort items....these few days trying to go shopping like mad...

Shauna,
oh, so you haven't gone to try out aquaducks yet...i dun think i have the confidence to bring Josh on my own. same reason with the logistics.. I'm thinking more of making it a somewhat regular activity on weekends with hubby. will think abt that when i get back from my trip.
do take care with the cough.

mummies
just want to share my thoughts here. As you know I stopped bfdg Josh for a couple of weeks now. Yday we went to the airport to meet up with MiL as she was transiting in SG en route to LA to visit my eldest BiL. When she found out that i had stopped bfdg, the first thing she said was "ya, Joshua likes the FM more lah. Last time i told you that he'll prefer the FM to the BM." I'm a bit peeved with her comment cos her tone of voice was like "I told you! Don't listen to me and go and supplement! see now what happened?!"
...grrr...the truth of the matter is this.
At 6mths, i started to supplement one feed with FM because there was a week when i could only pump x2 a day due to very heavy work commitments. Everyday that week i had full day mtgs with clients and can't leave at all. So supply dropped.
at 7mths, 2wks holiday=Josh latching on for all feeds and as and when he wants. No pumping at all. Upon returning to work, i could not pump properly due to body not responding to pump.
aft that, I quit work. So Josh was still latching on. FM feed was still only one a day. Until he kept pushing me away and also due to my maid problems and kicking the maid out, i lost weight and my supply dropped again. So i had to switch over...
i'm just a bit upset with the way my MiL says things. I know maybe she doesn't mean it. or her words are just as literal as it is, but her tone of voice...sigh...cannot tahan...

well, at least I'm better than her 2 other DiLs who didn't even bother to put in effort to try. I'm not that nice here but i really 'looked down' on my 2nd BiL's wife (the one with twins). She didn't even bother at all. the most irritating thing is that she kept asking me for BF advice but she NEVER even bother to try...argh....

sorry for the long post... :p

btw, my gynae gave me a pat on the back. He said if you can bf EXCLUSIVELY for six months, you are great and the baby really benefits a lot...

kudos to you bfdg mummies!!
happy.gif

oh mummies,
i forgot to share this with you!
I bought the Your Baby Can Read VDC for Josh sometime ago, and only started to let him watch it abt 3 weeks ago. According to the creator, his dd picked up the words aft watching it for 5 mths (fr 3mths to 8mths). And it was recommended that you let the baby watch it once a day for a least one month.

hehehe i got a real surprise in the last two days. my Josh, my dearie Josh, started to respond to the VCD! When the words "arms", "arms up" and "arms down" appeared on the screen, he raised his arms! and put them down aft the words disappeared.

When he saw the words "dog", "cat", "gorilla" appear, he squealed with delight and nodded his head away.

Then there was once i said "wave" he started waving both his arms, laughing away. i tested him a few times and he waved!!

This morning, i said "clap" he tried and put his hands together!!

So happy!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Nellu,
Aiyah. Just listen and ignore lor. I worse during my 1st few weeks after birth milk flow is low although I did let Nichole latch on, but not enough for her, so I supplement with FM, through out that month Nichole will puke after each feed and PD did say is normal. Guess what my MIL also big mouth, she told my mum why have to mix feed my gal with FM & BM, she say that will make her tummy gt wind and puke. I blow up and tell her off, I said if I gt enough of BM, I wouldn't even want to give her FM lor. Then she shut up after that. True right?? If I gt enough I wouldn't want to feed her FM also coz BM is best for them during the 1st 6mths. Anyway can't tahan also like what you says.
Yeah can I check with you on the address to send the Nepia Seal, coz 1 mummy told me that they extended the redeem date till end May, I just happen to collect 10pcs of it liao.
Sgn,
Good to hear that KY fever went away. Give him sometime, just recover will take time for him to have his taste bud back to normal.

Jasmine,
hehehe luckily MiL is not staying....actually i'm not like angry lah, just a bit sad that she say things like dat. sometimes very spoil mood one lor...actually i was quite happy to see her because this is the FIRST time she remembered my bday and sent me a card! not a JOINT card with my hb (hb's bday and mine in the same month)..wanted to thank her for remembering..but then...sigh...
actually i feel sad for her because Josh cannot remember her and kept squirming away from her when she tried to carry him! Sad leh!!...because she took care of him from 3mths to 6mths...

nepia??i dun use nepia leh.. :p

Nellu,
Oops, I ask the wrong person, should ask shauna instead. You're lucky that you not staying with your MIL. Me got no choice lor. Wah spend 3 weeks out of town feels good. The only time I did that was during my honeymoon at NZ, we went there like 18 days, my Hby self drive around, enjoy the whole trip, after coming back my hubby thinking to move there hehe... he is dreaming.... Think it can only happen if we're old and want to retire there may be.

Back