1st time taking maid

lc_gal

Hi friends,

I am thinking of getting a maid. But I have no idea of how and where to start or How much it costs monthly and other hidden charges?

Please guide and I am on a terrible budget. so tell me the cheapest way to get the maid and how fast can this be done.

Hi Lalitha,

Lowest salary for maid, is currently at $400. With experience $500.

Maid agency have different package. Whether 1 or 2 times change of maid within 6-12 months.

So far I tried so many maid agency. Homekeeper was the best. Mine is indonesia maid with experience. $450. I tried philippines maid but don't like as they are more educated. Always asking for off days, phone and not accomodating. Mynmar very difficult to communicate.

Indonesia also have bad one. Stealing is the most common.

Sometime is just luck

Go for not one agency. If u prepared here or they called transferred,try Maids R' Us or the one @ Orchard Far East Centre.

This is my first time hiring a maid in Singapore, it is a nightmare.

The maid is Indonesian,
Passport Number is A0114644
Name of the maid: ELLA FRARIDA MOCH
Birth of the maid: 13th Oct 1982

When the time we hire her was at my 5 month pregnancy, the agency called ESTEEM WORLD EMPLOYMENT AGENCY highly recommend her. There are full starts all the way of every single evaluation points.

Things are in fact going wrong from the first time shopping with her, she ask me buy all the famous brand of food, drinks (Tea, coffee and milo), personal staff for her, because she said she never take Singapore local brand. That is just a start, since she is a Muslim, she cook food for her own. What she do is, she said she do only egg white, which means threw away the rest of the egg; She only eat the leaves of any vegetable, you know what that mean. She is not just waster that, every time she cook rice, only eat top of it, then threw the rest away, because she said she does not eat lift over food.

Since the day she moved in with us, we never say no to her regarding what kind of food she wants to buy for herself. In fact, she go shopping on her own then charge on us when she back. However, that is not still good enough for her, she star take our 3 years old baby’s milk powder, the reason she giving is ,she wants to loose weight and this milk powder helped her a lot. By doing so, she goes to bathroom more than 6 times a day.

Meanwhile, she also stealing our food, once I found out and ask her why she do that. Do you what is the reason, she answer me what is a big deal, just food. By the way, she in fact stealing everything she can, even my shower gel.

That is just food. She also damage my baby few times during 5 month, Making my baby fall all the time by not holding and protect her, giving her cold shower making my baby sick. Leaving broken clothes rack on the floor, when my baby run all over the place. The worset time, she wet the floor and leave the water there, let me and my baby fall. Remember that time, I am already 5 month pregnant. The terrible thing she did after that is even she heard us call her to help, she is still not moving, like nothing happened, not willing to help us get up.

Regarding of cleaning, what I can say, after she clean the floor, myself go to check, the floor still very dirty, ask she clean again. The next day, she stirk, say does not feel like to work because too mush work yesterday.

Breaking thing is happening very ofter to her, the thing is she never tell you. Even you ask her, her answer is yes, I break it, so what.

Every time if something did not happen the way she wants, she will shout at me and break our staff.

You might will say if she is this bad, why I still keep her. The reason just one, I already have one baby to taking care of, and the other one on the way, my husband works 12 hours a day, 3 weeks on business travel. Both of our families far away in the other country.

What we can do more, this devil women just like this take advantage to me, a pregnant women.

This afternoon, my maid Ella push me down to the floor, and break my skin on the arm. Everybody, a maid push a pregnant women to the floor. The reason is I ask her stop taking our bags for herself.

can you imaging? A maid......
Thank god my baby now is still save. however, I really want to report to police. Shall I do that? of course, she is out of my home now. but the damage she cause is something I and my family never will forget and forgive.

So, friends, please note her name, do not let her into your house, because she will hurt you and your family.

Can u please report to police n blacklist the stupid maid.Why give her a chance to hurt other employers again?Conplain to MOM,n send her back home.

Hi mother of two,

Please call your agent and ask for replacement. Please do not bear with her just because you are pregnant. I believe your next maid will definitely better than the current one.

Hi lathaia,

If you really decide to employ maid, do it before jan 13. Reason is because with effect on jan, new application maid will entitle to every week one off day.

Back