11weeks baby rejecting bottle-feeding

d_A

Anyone got experience with their baby rejecting to be bottle-feed?

My close-to 3months old baby girl had been rejecting bottle for a week. Currently she is on 80% BF and 20% FM. She will scream and cry whenever i put the teat into her mouth. Sometimes can cry up to 15mins non-stop then fall asleep due to over-exhaustion.

I goggle and advise was given that I shouldn't offer the breast immediately if she reject the bottle.

Any mummy got similar experience? What did you all do when faced with such situation?

Hi, I faced the sane initially. Try giving her bottle in evening during sleep and when she is super hungry. Best us your husband give as sgd can smell breast :)

I notice my baby seems to be better on bottle-feeding during daytime. She gets all cranky at night, wanting breastfeeding as a soothing tool. :(

She LOVES the nipples....always look happy and anticipated when i remove my nursing bra to feed her. LOL! But i need her to be on bottle-feeding too, if not, i can't run errands if needed. My husband and mum cannot handle her cos she keep rejecting to be bottle-feed. Cry and cry then fall asleep. Don't know what to do with her....

Mrs_tann, how did you cope with it? Did you give up bottle-feeding totally? I feel like giving up on bottle-feeding lor. My mum can't stand her crying, ask me to just give breast and when come to the time I need to go out, then she no choice have to accept bottle.

Now my girl got new pattern to reject bottle...less crying but she will use her tongue push the teat out. Then if I force her, she will do the vomitting sound :( *wana faint*

mine dont even accept bottle. she cry until she tired n sleep then wake up if u give milk bottle again. she alsp cry till sleep. until 14 hrs with no food..

when I go to work my girl entirely refuse bottle n know I will come back to latch her after work. so they give her puree when she is 4mth old. puree she eat. but milk in spoon or milk in puree she reject.

Wow! Your baby got "strong-will" power. LOL!
I feel your pain, it must be very very difficult for you as a mother....I guess all mothers are willing to do anything in order for their kids to grow up healthy.

mine dont even accept bottle. she cry until she tired n sleep then wake up if u give milk bottle again. she alsp cry till sleep. until 14 hrs with no food..

when I go to work my girl entirely refuse bottle n know I will come back to latch her after work. so they give her puree when she is 4mth old. puree she eat. but milk in spoon or milk in puree she reject.

mrs_tann, I understand this is an old thread but did your baby eventually take the bottle? if so, how did u help her get there?
my girl is eight months now and like yours, she would basically hold out till im back to breastfeed her. she rejects both bm and formula in bottle.
my concern is what will happen to her the day my supply dries up :(

mrs_tann, I understand this is an old thread but did your baby eventually take the bottle? if so, how did u help her get there?
my girl is eight months now and like yours, she would basically hold out till im back to breastfeed her. she rejects both bm and formula in bottle.
my concern is what will happen to her the day my supply dries up :(

Lilbeanmum, my baby eventually took the milk bottle after my pd suggested a change of milk bottle. From Phillips Avent Silicon Teat to Nuk Classic Latex Teat. Pd told me latex teat are softer and nuk's teat is shaped like a nipple. Actually you can get someone else to feed your LO while u go out the house or room to hide. Babies are smart enough to know that when mummy is around, they will have a chance on the breasts. Wish you good luck! The phase will pass eventually...just hang in there!

Lilbeanmum, my baby eventually took the milk bottle after my pd suggested a change of milk bottle. From Phillips Avent Silicon Teat to Nuk Classic Latex Teat. Pd told me latex teat are softer and nuk's teat is shaped like a nipple. Actually you can get someone else to feed your LO while u go out the house or room to hide. Babies are smart enough to know that when mummy is around, they will have a chance on the breasts. Wish you good luck! The phase will pass eventually...just hang in there!
I tried to hide, but bb cry out loud and refused bottle feed. I bought 4 Dr.Brown's bottles (ppl says this bottle is good and reduce colic), she hungry but didn't drink from bottle. Should I stop breastfeeding?

d_A: Thanks, I've gotten the Nuk Classic Latex Teat for mum to try on baby next wk when I'm at work. Thing is baby used to be ok with being fed bm from a bottle until recently; overnight she has decided milk has to come from breast and not anywhere else. Anyway will update again if this new teat works out :)

I tried to hide, but bb cry out loud and refused bottle feed. I bought 4 Dr.Brown's bottles (ppl says this bottle is good and reduce colic), she hungry but didn't drink from bottle. Should I stop breastfeeding?
MTB-2015: I can understand your dilemma. I have been advised by well meaning pple to go cold turkey on baby so she would accept the bottle but I have not been able to do it. The thought of baby-gone-hungry-the-entire-day and not feeding her when I get home is hard to bear. Sorry I don't have an answer for you but will update if the Nuk teat works out!

Hi just to update, the new teat didn't work out for my girl but she seemed a little more receptive of the bottle when we dragged out the period between her feeds. And instead of giving her fruits (her absolute favourite food) in the morning which we used to, we only offer it to her in the evening. Guess it all boils down to being hungry enough!

Back