IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi I’m not sure how much this can help. I had an ovarian cyst removed in my early 20s. I succeeded in my first FET when I was 34. I don’t think the cyst surgery would be a hindering factor. Hope this can reduce 1 concern on your list.

Jia you!
Thanks! It's not my guess. I was told by 2 IVF expert Drs, Dr Tan HH and Dr R. Chieng and my current TCM. It's due to the surgery which affect my ovarian function a lot. My age should be able to get some eggs....I'm so lost....

I did scan on my endometrial thickness (>8mm) today, scheduled FET next Wednesday. New year new hope, let's Jia You tgt :)
I on aspirin and estrogen now, Dr recommended progesterone injection after FET..
I had spotting during 7dpd5t and tested negative. I didn’t know menses come so early it’s my first medicated cycle. Anybody having the same thing as me?

Day 7 is still in the middle of the 2ww. Don’t give up so easily. There might still b a chance. Implantation also will cause spotting. Urs is pgs embroy again ?
Nope this time is not a pgs tested one. Cos I even failed for pgs so no point testing according to doc if the outcome is same.

I understand the emotional toll your fertility journey has taken, and I truly empathize with your struggles. It might be worth considering a consultation with Dr. Ng at GynaeMD Women's and Rejuvenation Clinic. Many individuals have found support and success under his care. Exploring different options and seeking a second opinion could provide valuable insights for your unique circumstances. I hope that you find the guidance and support you need on your path to parenthood. Wishing you strength and resilience in this challenging journey.
Hello can u stop ur promoting everywhere !!!
I already report ur post to the admin
Is very irratating all over

Hihi, i went to see my tcm and she mentioned that she's heard another patient has received treatment from a doctor in Tanglin Plaza. That dr was able to help patients "move" or "shift" her uterus so that it was in an optimal position. Think it's called pre-IVF treatment.

Would like to ask if anyone knows this dr and has the contact details? TIA! :)

Hi everyone. After 2nd miscarriage I now found out that I have several autoimmune conditions: anti Ro, sticky blood, anti thyroid, ANA. I was told that if I plan to get pregnant again, it will be high risk pregnancy and requires different departments to work together. Probably medicine injection every day for whole pregnancy. I'm 40 now so that's risk on top of age. Also there's risk that the anti Ro will pass to baby causing heart block, stillbirth etc. I'm in dilemma not sure to proceed with next FET or give up entirely. Did anyone in similar situation and have a healthy baby in the end?

Does anyone here have success stories or know of anyone with frozen transfer day 7 embryos? It's my last egg from my third cycle with kkh... Really uncertain whether I want to proceed with it as I have had day 3, 5 and 6 embryo transfers of which all failed. :( very lost now. Would truly appreciate any form of sharing here ...

Does anyone here have success stories or know of anyone with frozen transfer day 7 embryos? It's my last egg from my third cycle with kkh... Really uncertain whether I want to proceed with it as I have had day 3, 5 and 6 embryo transfers of which all failed. :( very lost now. Would truly appreciate any form of sharing here ...
I have not heard of a frozen day 7 embryo, but since it's your last egg, just go for it. never try never know. different people, different conditions. this might be your golden egg. stay positive!

Hi everyone. After 2nd miscarriage I now found out that I have several autoimmune conditions: anti Ro, sticky blood, anti thyroid, ANA. I was told that if I plan to get pregnant again, it will be high risk pregnancy and requires different departments to work together. Probably medicine injection every day for whole pregnancy. I'm 40 now so that's risk on top of age. Also there's risk that the anti Ro will pass to baby causing heart block, stillbirth etc. I'm in dilemma not sure to proceed with next FET or give up entirely. Did anyone in similar situation and have a healthy baby in the end?
maybe you should visualise yourself 10 years down the road; will you look back and regret that you gave up this FET? every cycle = every chance of bringing home a baby.

the docs have obligations to advise you on the whatever risks and probabilities that might happen, end of the day, it's really up to you..

No one can answer u as it is high risk pregnancy. Is up to u if u willingly to go through this as anything can happen during pregnancy. Is up to your decision

Hi, I’m planing to do frozen embryo. On day 5. But I don’t know what I should do to prep my body. As this is my first frozen embryo transfer. My eldest is fresh day 5 of ivf.

Hi

Just failed my first FET despite the good grading and lining.

Am thinking of going for acupuncture to help preparing the body for the next round of transfer. Any recommendations on the TCM clinic and shifu?

Thanks!

Hi @thedreamchaser ,

I still have a frozen embryo with kkh also grade d7 but freezed in 2021 few yrs back & have not used it ever since. I did a medicated FET transfer d5 from the same batch as this d7 but failed.

I heard successful story from d7 embryos. So don't give up! Slow growing embryos doesn't mean no good. I recall my IVF doc suggest my next FET to transfer 2 embryos (d7 + d5) together if I manage to get a d5 from 2nd fresh egg retrieval. But 2nd retrieval didn't turn out well. So I jumped doc. My d7 was still in freezer ever since.

As my age is a concern, I went to seek private IVF doctor shortly after. Still ttc & yet to get good news.

Hi @thedreamchaser ,

I still have a frozen embryo with kkh also grade d7 but freezed in 2021 few yrs back & have not used it ever since. I did a medicated FET transfer d5 from the same batch as this d7 but failed.

I heard successful story from d7 embryos. So don't give up! Slow growing embryos doesn't mean no good. I recall my IVF doc suggest my next FET to transfer 2 embryos (d7 + d5) together if I manage to get a d5 from 2nd fresh egg retrieval. But 2nd retrieval didn't turn out well. So I jumped doc. My d7 was still in freezer ever since.

As my age is a concern, I went to seek private IVF doctor shortly after. Still ttc & yet to get good news.
Thank you so much for your sharing :) may I know which hospital is your d7 embryo with? I know some private clinics will discard D7..to them, it's not viable.

Thank you so much for your sharing :) may I know which hospital is your d7 embryo with? I know some private clinics will discard D7..to them, it's not viable.
My d7 is still freezing with kkh. Will transport out once they asking for storage fee.
Strange, I nvr know they will discard a d7, but my doc says will treat it as a d5 embryo for FET. Hope I didn't hear it wrong.

Hello. Any IVF clinics in JB that someone could recommend based on hopefully a sucefull story? I have checked Kensington green based on their good reviews on google and also see a few posts here talking about bridge fertility centre. Many thanks in advance!

Hello. Any IVF clinics in JB that someone could recommend based on hopefully a sucefull story? I have checked Kensington green based on their good reviews on google and also see a few posts here talking about bridge fertility centre. Many thanks in advance!
hi.. i would advise u against bridge fertility centre ..
the doc too busy and too experience to really listen to your problems.

hi.. i would advise u against bridge fertility centre ..
the doc too busy and too experience to really listen to your problems.
Thanks for the feedback, good to know. So far Kensington has been very responsive over WhatsApp addressing all my questions in a timely manner

Thanks for the feedback, good to know. So far Kensington has been very responsive over WhatsApp addressing all my questions in a timely mannerNIO
NO PROB., i went there.. waited for 2 hours despite appointments..
and in and out of the clinic in less than 5 mins ?

Hello Everyone, I failed my 4 ET with Dr Loh. Now I decide to change doctor for another cycle. Any doctor recommendation? My friend recommended Dr Yeong cheng toh, any review of this doctor? Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone, I failed my 4 ET with Dr Loh. Now I decide to change doctor for another cycle. Any doctor recommendation? My friend recommended Dr Yeong cheng toh, any review of this doctor? Thank you.
Dr Yeong was my covering doctor when my doctor, Dr THH was away. He covered the stimulation part of my procedure. He's nice and friendly and answer my questions patiently as a newbie to this.

Dr Yeong was my covering doctor when my doctor, Dr THH was away. He covered the stimulation part of my procedure. He's nice and friendly and answer my questions patiently as a newbie to this.
Thanks for your sharing. I am now considering Virtus, but not decided doctor to choose, any suggestions? I know Dr Roland Chieng also good.

I started my 2nd fresh cycle, but the follicles size is totally off. Total of 6 follicles today, out of which 1x 14mm, 3x 9mm, 2x 4-5mm. Lining 8mm already. I feel so imbalance and uncertain if still go ahead. Doctor told me to continue jabs and come back again on thursday. Anyone convert from IVF to IUI cycle? I am tempted to go IUI instead.

Better to convert to IUI instead from the size of ur follicles
Its only D7 after period and I only took 4 jabs so far. Doctor was so worried asking to take blocker jab starting today onwards. I thot 14mm is still growing stage, not ovulation yet until 18-22mm. I hope they allow us to go IUI if it appears only 1 matured egg this cycle. Will be discussing with them on Thursday.

Its only D7 after period and I only took 4 jabs so far. Doctor was so worried asking to take blocker jab starting today onwards. I thot 14mm is still growing stage, not ovulation yet until 18-22mm. I hope they allow us to go IUI if it appears only 1 matured egg this cycle. Will be discussing with them on Thursday.
Don't despair. 7 days of stim is almost like halfway only. Within a few days, follicles can have growth spurt and my experience is it can suddenly just grow lots during second half of stim period. Blocker is to prevent the eggs from coming out of the follicles prematurely. In the meantime, the follicles will still continue to grow even with the blocker. Can try eat more eggs during stim period too.

Don't despair. 7 days of stim is almost like halfway only. Within a few days, follicles can have growth spurt and my experience is it can suddenly just grow lots during second half of stim period. Blocker is to prevent the eggs from coming out of the follicles prematurely. In the meantime, the follicles will still continue to grow even with the blocker. Can try eat more eggs during stim period too.
Thanks for the word of encouragement, totally need it! I was prescribed Norethindrone to regularise or delay my period, which I totally dont get it as my period has always been regular 28-30days cycle. I told them about it, but they still proceed. They were hoping all my follicles will grow same size and yield in more eggs.

My 2nd day of period last week, already had 5 follicles size 4-5mm each.

Oh oh.. u are right. I had my scan ytd and suddenly grow more follicles from 6 to 11. 1 with good size 17.5mm, 1 with 5mm, most of the rest ranging from 8-11mm. They decided to “let go” 1 big follicle and continue growing the rest to yield more eggs for the extraction day. I guess i will just go with their plan, they know it better.

Oh oh.. u are right. I had my scan ytd and suddenly grow more follicles from 6 to 11. 1 with good size 17.5mm, 1 with 5mm, most of the rest ranging from 8-11mm. They decided to “let go” 1 big follicle and continue growing the rest to yield more eggs for the extraction day. I guess i will just go with their plan, they know it better.
Just continue to have faith in your doctor. Also, who knows, the lead follicle might still be ok at extraction time. My last fresh cycle, I had one lead follicle too and other smaller ones and was rather down when my doc decided to continue stim as my TCM said lead follicle should be the best.
However, somehow that lead follicle slowed down it's growth rate and the others caught up. So you never know. Stay positive.

Just continue to have faith in your doctor. Also, who knows, the lead follicle might still be ok at extraction time. My last fresh cycle, I had one lead follicle too and other smaller ones and was rather down when my doc decided to continue stim as my TCM said lead follicle should be the best.
However, somehow that lead follicle slowed down it's growth rate and the others caught up. So you never know. Stay positive.
Ah.. good to hear. How many blast did u have? Was it your 1st successful attempt? Haha yeah I just continue jabs and sleep well. Trying to reduce stress level too.

Hi all, how if I wan to get the subsidy for IVF? I just went to KKH under private for consultation and check.
before you start, kkh will do a financial consultation with you, meaning to say, they will advise you on the costs and subsidies etc.

Ah.. good to hear. How many blast did u have? Was it your 1st successful attempt? Haha yeah I just continue jabs and sleep well. Trying to reduce stress level too.
up your protein too. i think high protein level is quite useful at this stage. i remember gorging lotsa of eggs and meat before i start STIMM.

up your protein too. i think high protein level is quite useful at this stage. i remember gorging lotsa of eggs and meat before i start STIMM.
Lol. Gotten the same advice too. I ate 4x half boiled egg, 2x fried eggs the day before ER. Also whacked beef, salmon, broccoli for lunch and dinner.

Just had my ER and extracted 8 eggs, which is surprising as I only had 1 dominant follicle with 19.5mm, balance 7 follicles range from 9-14mm. 3 small ones 5-8mm.

This cycle ER feels more painful than my 1st cycle. Still trying to avoid taking panadol though.

Hi all. Currently in 2ww. Wondering what's the diet like when you are in 2ww?

I see that some eat high protein diet for stimms. My acupuncturist recommends high protein for 2ww too. My clinic on the other hand, recommends balanced diet. Over here at forum, many are drinking chicken essence everyday and longan red date tea... Getting confused as I've failed my 1st FET and my good grade embryo didn't implant. Worried that the 2nd FET will fail too (still negative at 5dpt).

Hi all. Currently in 2ww. Wondering what's the diet like when you are in 2ww?

I see that some eat high protein diet for stimms. My acupuncturist recommends high protein for 2ww too. My clinic on the other hand, recommends balanced diet. Over here at forum, many are drinking chicken essence everyday and longan red date tea... Getting confused as I've failed my 1st FET and my good grade embryo didn't implant. Worried that the 2nd FET will fail too (still negative at 5dpt).
my diet is...just eat what i want, except for raw stuff. I even drank bubble tea LOL.

as much as there is much advice on longan red date tea, there is a fear of being "heaty", so everything in moderation.

5DPT is still too early. I got my faint line at 8DP5DT though i test every single day, 2x per day LOL

Back