How much should infant drink?

Frankie13

hi everyone,

My newborn baby of about 2 weeks is drinking about 120ml formula or breast milk across 2-3hours.

Is this too much of an infant?

Thanks.

hmm...seems she has good appetite :)

y r u concerned? if she is drinking and growing well, then ok lah.

Hi,

i understand that he should be drinking about 90ml now since he is only 2 weeks old.
We are happy that he is drinking well, poo/pee in the good color and sleeping well too.

Not too worry but just to understand more.

Thanks.

My boy is 2 months old and drink approximately 80 to 100ml. It was reduced as my mum tried to feed him 120ml a few weeks ago and apparently my boy could not take it.

He kept on having reflux after that. We reduced the amount to 60ml per feed but increase the frequency. Gradually, we increased to what he is consuming now.

As long as your baby can take that amount, it should be fine.

My boy is 2 months old and drink approximately 80 to 100ml. It was reduced as my mum tried to feed him 120ml a few weeks ago and apparently my boy could not take it.

He kept on having reflux after that. We reduced the amount to 60ml per feed but increase the frequency. Gradually, we increased to what he is consuming now.

Hi, in general, docs and nurses had been telling us that "feed as demand" to ensure our baby is drinking enough. They did comment that baby is indeed drinking more than normal. We will ask the doc again when we go for the routine checkup.

Thanks,

Hi my bb also 2mths + and is on total fm.
May i knw hw u guys prepare the milk?(eg. Add water or powder first?) coz i realize i hv been preparing the incorrect way. I add hot water then add powder then swirl to dissolve then add cold water to the desired ml (eg 120ml). then now I read the tin instruction is to add water first to the desired ml then add powder.. i find tat the total amt of milk will become 140ml. So which means i hv been giving a more concentrated milk all this while...

hw abt the rest of the mummies?

Back