How to prepare, pack and move armoires, wardrobes for mother

paparazi257

I have move my home last week, I am a pregnant woman, I fought that it is difficult for mother like us to move home. I want to share some tips to pack wardrobes for all member here. Hope ot useful for you

If you are moving house, wardrobe or wardrobe need to move, you will know that these pieces are heavy, awkward and difficult to move. Use this guide to help you prepare your armoire for the migrator or move it yourself.

Use space to move other things

Armoires and cabinets are a great place to pack extra linens and pillows, once you have removed all the contents, of course. This will serve as padding and provide a great space for storing cumbersome, soft items such as sofa cushions and blankets.

They fit nicely and you will never need to remember where you pack them.

Delete content

Remove everything from within. Package all loose items, including shelves if they are not fixed in the cabinet. Non-dismantling can cause damage to the unit and other items on the truck or during delivery.

Remove the gates (only if they can break)

Now, some people may want to remove the door. If your closet or jacket has doors, especially if it is glass or in any subtle way, remove the hinged screws, making sure you keep these parts in plastic bags that can be attached. inside or at the bottom of the cabinet.

Remove the drawers (if they make it too heavy to move)

If the armoire has drawers, you do not need to remove them unless you think they may be loose while moving or if they add too much weight to the unit. If you have drawers, you can keep some items inside, if it's not too heavy or the items are not ripped.

Just make sure you put a pillow, towel or blanket inside to keep the items away from moving.

Make sure the drawer and door are closed

If you do not remove the doors and drawers, make sure you let the supplier know so they can determine if it is too heavy and may need special handling. Do not cover the tape and drawer door.

Harden on the surface of the wood and almost impossible to escape without having to remove part of the surface.

If you do not remove the doors or drawers, try to force them to close or lock them if possible. Also, make sure that your guide protects the armoire with moving the cushion so that it is properly sealed and secured against collisions and breaks. If you are moving yourself, you can buy a miniature package from a moving store or from an office supply store.

If you have removed the door or drawer, make sure you properly pad and protect them. Wrap doors with furniture cushions or old blankets. If the door is glass, use a mirror and pack the doors as you like with artwork or mirrors.

For further measurement, wrap the fabric or blanket around the machine. Sealing tape or straps will keep them in place.

For the items you removed from the cupboard, pack them into a box and label them as "contents cabinets". This will make it very easy to unpack and to locate the remote control and user manual when you need to reset the stereo system.

Use the Right Tool to Move It

If you move yourself, you should use a dolly move to make sure you can move the armoire without injury. Use rope or bungee straps to protect the armoire into the dolly, keeping it upright

If you have enough people to help you can manage to lift it without a dolly.

Add tips

Do not use tape on furniture. Even tape will leave residues and if you move between different climatic zones, it can make the ice dry, and it can become a permanent fixture on your favorite armoire.

What you need

Tools (if the door is unlocked)

Shrink wrap

Furniture Padding

Tape (to pad, not wood surface!)

If you feel moving them difficult, you can choose a moving home service like NguyenloiMoving

Back