Pro Natural / Hypno Birth / Water Birth / Drug Free birth

beivied

anyone here has done, considering or already decided on any drug free birth methods such as hypno birthing or water birth? could you share with me why do you think this is safe, your gynae and perhaps the doula that you used or will be using? thanks! :)

anyone here has done, considering or already decided on any drug free birth methods such as hypno birthing or water birth? could you share with me why do you think this is safe, your gynae and perhaps the doula that you used or will be using? thanks! :)
I did hypnobirthing with no epidural. Actually didn't consult anyone. Just read a book and practiced all the visualizations and breathing exercises.

was ur gynae aware and supportive?
I didn't tell him, neither did I tell the midwife. I didn't bother the midwife much during my labour but it was quite annoying that every hour they kept asking if I wanted epidural when I was clearly not in much pain.

I didn't tell him, neither did I tell the midwife. I didn't bother the midwife much during my labour but it was quite annoying that every hour they kept asking if I wanted epidural when I was clearly not in much pain.
Oh? U did hypnobirthing at home before u checked yourself in to the hospital? How is this done? I was considering water birth (which sadly only NUH in SG allows/has the facilities and u have to go pte. My child may have cogenital issues so I am on subsidized in case things happens).. So interesting. Can share more?

My waterbag broke at home and I monitored my contractions at home by timing. When the timings got consistently closer, I decided to head to hospital as this is my first delivery and I was not sure how fast I would progress. Sure enough when they checked me at the triage, I was already 4cm dilated and admitted to labour ward. I kept dilating 1cm every hour and felt the urge to push at 9cm 5 hours later. I had to push a few times and had to have episiotomy done because my daughter was actually born facing upwards (they call this sunny side up) instead of facing downwards like normal birth. Dr injected local anaesthesia for episiotomy and repair so I didn't feel it. But I generally had an ok labour with no epidural administered. Just practiced the breathing techniques, relax, don't tense up and let the body do what its meant to do.

My waterbag broke at home and I monitored my contractions at home by timing. When the timings got consistently closer, I decided to head to hospital as this is my first delivery and I was not sure how fast I would progress. Sure enough when they checked me at the triage, I was already 4cm dilated and admitted to labour ward. I kept dilating 1cm every hour and felt the urge to push at 9cm 5 hours later. I had to push a few times and had to have episiotomy done because my daughter was actually born facing upwards (they call this sunny side up) instead of facing downwards like normal birth. Dr injected local anaesthesia for episiotomy and repair so I didn't feel it. But I generally had an ok labour with no epidural administered. Just practiced the breathing techniques, relax, don't tense up and let the body do what its meant to do.

hi! could you please share the hypnobirthing book that u read?
was hoping for a natural birth without epidural too ...

Thanks! :)

thanks! if we were to read up and practice by our own, is there any part our partner has to play during the delivery process?
I guess partner needs to be supportive and respectful of your birth plan and not be the type who easily panics. I got my husband to help me time my contractions and just chat with me in between those waves.

Back