IVF/ICSI Support Group

Thanks @Kimchi-ger for sharing your experience! It gives me more confidence now. And also congrats on all your success. It’s very nice to hear that :) I really hope I can success with the change of doc. It’s so disappointing with all the failures. Just curious, does Dr Tan also do delivery? Or do you need to change gynae after your first trimester? Thanks!
Dr Tan does delivery too. I delivered in Jul tis yr under him. All the best to u. Hope the change of doc will give u some luck!

Hi, I am considering to switch ivf doc because of my reoccurring implantation failure of good blastocysts. I have already done 6 FET. I am considering Dr Tan HH from Alpha. I know he is popular, and wonder if he is still as good as when he was at KKH? I was hoping a change of doc can give different perspective and hopefully a success. Anyone here can share their experience with Dr Tan and also the clinic experience?
I also will highly recommend Dr Tan HH and Alpha. I failed 2x IVF cycles at KK but succeeded in the first cycle at Alpha. Dr Tan delivered my baby in Feb this year. He is very patient and knowledgeable. He didn't mind if I had questions and I didn't feel rushed at each appointment. Hope it will be a good fit for you too. Wishing you all the best.

I also will highly recommend Dr Tan HH and Alpha. I failed 2x IVF cycles at KK but succeeded in the first cycle at Alpha. Dr Tan delivered my baby in Feb this year. He is very patient and knowledgeable. He didn't mind if I had questions and I didn't feel rushed at each appointment. Hope it will be a good fit for you too. Wishing you all the best.
Hi @harriet07 … nice to know you have good and successful experience too! I’ve just made a booking for my first appointment this morning. But it’s still a long wait down as the nurse says Dr Tan is full and only existing patients have priority.

Hi , would like to know if anyone had PICSI done to their IVF cycle. Is this process better in terms of getting my more blastocyst embryos or resulting in pregnancy?

Last edited:
I am currently on 3 tablets of progynova per day to prepare for my medicated FET. However, I feel very low mood and sleepy after taking it. I don’t experience this last time when I do my medicated FET (not sure is it the same med brand). Anyone same with me?

Hi how are you feeling?
When are you going for the 1st scanning?

I've just started taking progynova, 4 tablets a day for my medicated FET. Feeling tired..yes. Try to rest more if your body needs it. Maybe the body is working hard on the lining so we feel tired. :)

IMG_8726.jpg

hi guys....what do you think of this at 8dp5dt?

Hi ladies, need some advice here, i had conceived successfully and currently at 9th week, had 1st ultrasound say is twins pregnancy, however ytd 2nd ultrasound scan shown is triplets, currently year at 39yrs old, i heard is high risk to have triplets? i had terrible morning sickness now, Any advice?

Hi ladies, need some advice here, i had conceived successfully and currently at 9th week, had 1st ultrasound say is twins pregnancy, however ytd 2nd ultrasound scan shown is triplets, currently year at 39yrs old, i heard is high risk to have triplets? i had terrible morning sickness now, Any advice?
Congrats!
Did you put in 3 embryos?
For morning sickness, hard to say, you may need to find that 1 comfort food or drink. In the meantime, avoid those smells that makes you feel bad.
However, sometimes will be over after 1st trimester.
Jiayou!

Yes, it's high risk to have twins/triplets. As for terrible morning sickness, I think most importantly is to keep yourself hydrated...

Hi all

I am supposed to do FET tomrrow . My menses due is next Wednesday. But not sure why today after few hours I did the crinone gel, I saw red streaks and brown clumps. Is it normal or my menses is coming?

Hi all

I am supposed to do FET tomrrow . My menses due is next Wednesday. But not sure why today after few hours I did the crinone gel, I saw red streaks and brown clumps. Is it normal or my menses is coming?
could be old blood, but do check with the doc before doing the FET...

Hi,
I am new here!

I am lost now as I had few implantation failed IVFs before .... Recently I felt very easily upset even at workplace ....

Visited 2 tcm physicians after the IVFs trying to recuperate my body , all of the physicians say I have stress in my body and my stomach & upper abdomen are very gasy now.

Could it be due to IVFs? Any ways to reduce the gas?

I felt terrible, I cannot sleep well and early at night now. Does stomach problems affect sleep? Does anyone have the same problems?

My egg quality is not that good and I have ovaluation at Day 10 which is super early even I have 28 days menstrual cycle, can anyone tell me how to improve them before I take the next IVF ?

PS: I used to be Day 9 ovaluation but western medicine help to improve by one day.

Hi,
I am new here!

I am lost now as I had few implantation failed IVFs before .... Recently I felt very easily upset even at workplace ....

Visited 2 tcm physicians after the IVFs trying to recuperate my body , all of the physicians say I have stress in my body and my stomach & upper abdomen are very gasy now.

I felt terrible, I cannot sleep well and early at night now. Does stomach problems affect sleep? Does anyone have the same problems?

My egg quality is not that good and I have ovaluation at Day 10 which is super early even I have 28 days menstrual cycle, can anyone tell me how to improve them before I take the next IVF ?

PS: I used to be Day 9 ovaluation but western medicine help to improve by one day.
Hello! If you are talking about improving egg quality, would suggest you take in more protein like egg whites. It does help. If you constantly feel gassy, PERHAPS you can cut down on sugary stuff and carbs.

I would think daily small steps will achieve greater results than just TCM. Good luck!

Hi,
I am new here!

My suggestion is dont jump right into another rd of ivf now. Ivf is so expensive and is an emotional and physical draining process. Go for it only when u r prepared.

Spend some time off to do tcm, i suggest. So that u can regulate yr cycle. Can be tcm. All the best!

Hi all,
Today is my post 9days of my FET. I have trying to do the clearblue pregnancy test since day 5 till now.

My previous FET I had positive from the clearblue test kit on Day 8 of my FET.

Though now I have faint positive (but it only appears like after the 10 mins, 30 mins later or 1 hour?). In my heart I know it may be an evaporated line.

I’m so disheartening cos my no 1 keep touching my tummy and say she wanna kiss her baby inside my tummy :(

On the other side, my hubby kept telling me since there’s faint line after the 10 mins maybe there is still a chance (he told maybe I tested too early).

I had all the pregnancy symptoms in fact (achy lower backs and hips, sore boobs, nausea , aversion in food, thirsty and frequent urination). I know this is not the end of the world and I can restart my ivf again but my work will be affected if I take HL again (I have been taking HL due to this FET and when I was pregnant with my No 1).

I just hope miracle can appear soon so that I can see the true double lines.

Hi all,
Today is my post 9days of my FET. I have trying to do the clearblue pregnancy test since day 5 till now.

Though now I have faint positive (but it only appears like after the 10 mins, 30 mins later or 1 hour?). In my heart I know it may be an evaporated line.

I’m so disheartening cos my no 1 keep touching my tummy and say she wanna kiss her baby inside my tummy :(

On the other side, my hubby kept telling me since there’s faint line after the 10 mins maybe there is still a chance (he told maybe I tested too early).

I had all the pregnancy symptoms in fact (achy lower backs and hips, sore boobs, nausea , aversion in food, thirsty and frequent urination). I know this is not the end of the world and I can restart my ivf again but my work will be affected if I take HL again (I have been taking HL due to this FET and when I was pregnant with my No 1).

Jiayou!
Every pregnancy is different. Perhaps this implanted late so hcg not as high yet. With all the pregnancy symptoms, I'm sure good news is otw. Stay positive. Waiting for your good news. Give yourself a break and test it again next monday. Enjoy your weekend.

Hi all,

Hello Jill! Perhaps you tested too early, but cheer up cos there is a chance of having strong blue lines! It's not stark white per se...Dreams do come true!

Jiayou!
Every pregnancy is different. Perhaps this implanted late so hcg not as high yet. With all the pregnancy symptoms, I'm sure good news is otw. Stay positive. Waiting for your good news. Give yourself a break and test it again next monday. Enjoy your weekend.

Thanks alot for your encourage. My girl went to tell her Teacher that Mummy has a baby inside and the Teacher actually asked me :(

I tried to test today but it's like negative. Now im so lost again

Hello Jill! Perhaps you tested too early, but cheer up cos there is a chance of having strong blue lines! It's not stark white per se...Dreams do come true!
Thanks babe. Hai. Last time one try I pass my FET. Now not sure what is happening :( It's neg this morning (day 10 of FET). Thinking to restart the cycle but scare affecting the job again.

Thanks babe. Hai. Last time one try I pass my FET. Now not sure what is happening :( It's neg this morning (day 10 of FET). Thinking to restart the cycle but scare affecting the job again.
Many things plays a part. From same retrieval doesn't mean the embryos are identical. Age is different, our body is different, embryos is different. That is why IVF/FET is stressful.
Maybe you test a few days later. You need to stay positive, although I know it is easy said than done. Go be distracted. At least you have a little girl. You told her about your cycle? I had a boy from my last FET, if i can strike again it will be a bonus. But we are not mentioning anything to him because don't wanna to raise his hopes. If can't then, try again or let it be. Jiayou bah! At least we are blessed with 1 already.

Many things plays a part. From same retrieval doesn't mean the embryos are identical. Age is different, our body is different, embryos is different. That is why IVF/FET is stressful.
Maybe you test a few days later. You need to stay positive, although I know it is easy said than done. Go be distracted. At least you have a little girl. You told her about your cycle? I had a boy from my last FET, if i can strike again it will be a bonus. But we are not mentioning anything to him because don't wanna to raise his hopes. If can't then, try again or let it be. Jiayou bah! At least we are blessed with 1 already.

Hopefully it will positive soon. We did tell her about it and she is so excited.
Ya could be the grading cos this time the grading is C.

hopefully miracle will happen in a few days :(

I have failed my FET as I predicted. I even told the nurse to help me do the AMH blood test when taking the HGC blood test . The nurse told me if you are pregnant you don’t need do the AMH test alr cos waste $.
The AMH test was ordered by the doc if I failed my FET. So I told the nurse I have the strong feeling I’ll fail the FET.

I gonna redo my fresh cycle maybe in 2 to 3 months time. Maybe it is also a good time for to enjoy the festive food.

And my next appt with doc is set next month, hopefully more good things will arrive soon.

I have failed my FET as I predicted. I even told the nurse to help me do the AMH blood test when taking the HGC blood test . The nurse told me if you are pregnant you don’t need do the AMH test alr cos waste $.
The AMH test was ordered by the doc if I failed my FET. So I told the nurse I have the strong feeling I’ll fail the FET.

I gonna redo my fresh cycle maybe in 2 to 3 months time. Maybe it is also a good time for to enjoy the festive food.

And my next appt with doc is set next month, hopefully more good things will arrive soon.
(((Huggggssss)))
Which doc are you with?
Your harvest aren't good this round?
I'm above 40 so I did AMH test and on dhea.

Jiayou for your fresh. Eat and tiao body well. Still in time for xmas baby.

Hi, Can check how much is Alpha IVF estimated cost?

Just to spread some positivity here - i saw many ladies fretting over the embryo grading and the harvest.

Like you, I felt the same way - depressed and worried when i received the ER report - 3 embryos and all graded C. Afterall the previous cycle, all couldnt make it for transfer.

The doc froze all 3 embryos cos my hormone levels were too high after ER, so afterwhich I went ahead for transfer.

Just before the transfer of 2 embryos out of 3, i was told that 1 of the thawing embryos couldnt make it and they had to thaw the remaining one in the freezer. My transfer was delayed for 2 hours on the same day.

After transfer of 2 embryos, I remained positive and kept testing on the pregnancy kit. Just when all hopes seem to be extinguished, i saw a faded line on 8DP5DT. It got stronger and stronger.

I just delivered my little girl slightly more than a month ago.

It's a nice wrap up cos I do not have any frozen embryos in the freezer and with that, I have ended my IVF journey with 3 boys and a girl.

Though I am no longer TTC-ing, i hope i can spread positive ions here and share whatever I know to the ladies here.

Cheers!

Just to spread some positivity here - i saw many ladies fretting over the embryo grading and the harvest.

Like you, I felt the same way - depressed and worried when i received the ER report - 3 embryos and all graded C. Afterall the previous cycle, all couldnt make it for transfer.

The doc froze all 3 embryos cos my hormone levels were too high after ER, so afterwhich I went ahead for transfer.

Just before the transfer of 2 embryos out of 3, i was told that 1 of the thawing embryos couldnt make it and they had to thaw the remaining one in the freezer. My transfer was delayed for 2 hours on the same day.

After transfer of 2 embryos, I remained positive and kept testing on the pregnancy kit. Just when all hopes seem to be extinguished, i saw a faded line on 8DP5DT. It got stronger and stronger.

I just delivered my little girl slightly more than a month ago.

It's a nice wrap up cos I do not have any frozen embryos in the freezer and with that, I have ended my IVF journey with 3 boys and a girl.

Though I am no longer TTC-ing, i hope i can spread positive ions here and share whatever I know to the ladies here.

Cheers!
Congratulations to you! Thank you for all the sharing over the years too.

Hi.. Can I check if it's a must to take Progynova after embryo transfer?
I had my FET (day 3) yesterday at KKH but was given only Crinone gel only (insert twice daily with 12hrs apart)..

Hi.. Can I check if it's a must to take Progynova after embryo transfer?
I had my FET (day 3) yesterday at KKH but was given only Crinone gel only (insert twice daily with 12hrs apart)..

Hi! Don’t think is a must. When I was with NUH, for medicated FET, doc will give progynova. However, when I went over to private clinic for natural FET and doc didn’t give me progynova.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Hi! Don’t think is a must. When I was with NUH, for medicated FET, doc will give progynova. However, when I went over to private clinic for natural FET and doc didn’t give me progynova.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Oh.. Ok.. As I was reading few threads, saw mostly had progynova and crinone gel.. So, wondering if it's a must...

Thank you babe..

Hi, certified negative yesterday.
But we are good.
Hubby brought me to shop and eat, and we are going to battle again after cny

How many menses cycle do you normally rest before embarking the next fet after a failed one?

after my failed fet I had my menses, then scheduled to see doctor next month. Probably for me I’ll do after the 2 to 3’months. Will you be doing fresh transfer or medicated fet?

Hi.. Wanna ask...

When actually can try check if we r pregnant or not with pregnancy kit?? Coz reading thru' on the symptoms after embryo transfer, kindda of worried.. I do no bleed after embryo transfer but do have cramps (mild) on/off since then...

Did my day3-embryo transfer on 22/Dec/22... It's been a 9 days... Do u think I can check??

Hi.. Wanna ask...

When actually can try check if we r pregnant or not with pregnancy kit?? Coz reading thru' on the symptoms after embryo transfer, kindda of worried.. I do no bleed after embryo transfer but do have cramps (mild) on/off since then...

Did my day3-embryo transfer on 22/Dec/22... It's been a 9 days... Do u think I can check??
Can!

Do doctors do only Day 5 blastocyst transfers nowadays? I was told that during counselling. But my embryoes only got till Day 4... at abt 16 cell stage. Then no morula... as in did not compact.

Anyone had such experiences? Would I stand a chance if transfer on Day 3? Can embryo at Day 3 be frozen for transfer? Or only Day 5 then can freeze?

Do doctors do only Day 5 blastocyst transfers nowadays? I was told that during counselling. But my embryoes only got till Day 4... at abt 16 cell stage. Then no morula... as in did not compact.

Anyone had such experiences? Would I stand a chance if transfer on Day 3? Can embryo at Day 3 be frozen for transfer? Or only Day 5 then can freeze?
Hi, my embryos were freezed at day 2 and I did a day 3 transfer...i think that is my gynae's practice.
Which doc or hosp are you with?

Hi.. Wanna ask...

Yeah you definitely can check by now.

Back