Trying to conceive 2020

Thanks Jaslyn. I am not a doctor but i thought and read that Noresthisterone has birth control properties too? (As part of regulating hormones). Did the doctor scan you as well to check if you are ovulating? I would have thought CD21 is too late since ovulation after taking clomid is day 14+++. Sorry i had a typo, i took leterozol, not clomid!! Agree that it is tiring to schedule intercourse and totally taking the fun out of sex ... and doing every 2 days is tiring for my partner
Hi Reina, yes yes for Norethisterone it can be used to delay/induce periods or as a form of birth control and then once you are off, the period will come 2-3 days later. But I forgot what was the duration I took every month. The test on CD21 was to test the progesterone level which can show which phase am I in. So it appeared I was always at the follicular phase and never reached ovulation.

Hi hi, I used a typical digital thermometer. I guess 1 decimal place is good enough cos I think before ovulation it should range between 36.0-36.4 and then post ovulation should be at a sustained higher temperature.
Aah ic! I read about tracking BBT and tried it only last month. I used a regular digital thermometer as well. However, my highest recorded temp was 37 as compared to like 36.4 on most days. It was a little difficult for me to notice the temperature shift and know if i've ovulated or not. The difference is so small.

Aah ic! I read about tracking BBT and tried it only last month. I used a regular digital thermometer as well. However, my highest recorded temp was 37 as compared to like 36.4 on most days. It was a little difficult for me to notice the temperature shift and know if i've ovulated or not. The difference is so small.
Yes sometimes I feel it's a little hard to track the pattern as there may be some outliers. I also found out that room temperature may affect too as sometimes I sleep with aircon and sometimes without. So it'd be good to complement the charting with OPK. I read that before the temperature peaks, there may be a dip right before. So can monitor on that too.

Yes sometimes I feel it's a little hard to track the pattern as there may be some outliers. I also found out that room temperature may affect too as sometimes I sleep with aircon and sometimes without. So it'd be good to complement the charting with OPK. I read that before the temperature peaks, there may be a dip right before. So can monitor on that too.
Noted thanks so much! Yeah i've tried OPKs for several cycles. Always get the flashing and solid smileys but so far BFN. No success yet but will keep trying!

Hi Reina, yes yes for Norethisterone it can be used to delay/induce periods or as a form of birth control and then once you are off, the period will come 2-3 days later. But I forgot what was the duration I took every month. The test on CD21 was to test the progesterone level which can show which phase am I in. So it appeared I was always at the follicular phase and never reached ovulation.

Hi Jaslyn, did your doctor repeat the progesterone test on day 28? I also had no ovulation results on day 21, but on day 28 my progesterone levels rose, but still on the low side. Hence, my gynae said maybe did not ovulate. But I read in medical journals that 3ng/ml and above would indicate ovulation already. So not sure which to trust. Progesterone is also not a accurate indicator of ovulation apparently. Most accurate is ultrasound

Noted thanks so much! Yeah i've tried OPKs for several cycles. Always get the flashing and solid smileys but so far BFN. No success yet but will keep trying!
Hi Luxee, mind if I ask how many cycles, with positive OPKs, have you been trying? I tried OPK for the first time last month but no BPF too.

Hi Jaslyn, did your doctor repeat the progesterone test on day 28? I also had no ovulation results on day 21, but on day 28 my progesterone levels rose, but still on the low side. Hence, my gynae said maybe did not ovulate. But I read in medical journals that 3ng/ml and above would indicate ovulation already. So not sure which to trust. Progesterone is also not a accurate indicator of ovulation apparently. Most accurate is ultrasound
Hi, nope she didn't ask me to go down again. Thanks for the info though! I'd be trying TCM next to try to regulate my periods first and then decide on the next steps.

Hi
I used it for 3 cycles and they're so expensive. Yikes! Breaks my heart each time i pee on those ex sticks. Lol.
hi! You can buy from carousell! I bought quite cheap! I just saw they have 50pcs for $10! 20 cents each... and it is accurate for me so far.. always positive reading 14 days before my period...

Oh i see, thanks! Maybe after your TCM 2-3 months you can go to gynae to scan on day 12 to see if you are ovulating!

Hi

hi! You can buy from carousell! I bought quite cheap! I just saw they have 50pcs for $10! 20 cents each... and it is accurate for me so far.. always positive reading 14 days before my period...
Hi! Ooh thanks. Never tried searching for it on carousell. Wow tt's a good deal. Will definitely check that out!!

I use the basal thermometer for bbt charting purposes which can show 2 decimal places to be more precise thats where you can see the fluctuations in the temperature in different phases of the cycle. From what I heard only by scanning then we can confirm there is really ovulation or nt.

Heyy! These $1 ones are not the clearblue brand rite? Are they easy to use tho?

Hi Luxee, no it’s not clearblue. It has no brand. It’s about 50 cents per piece from my calculations, but so far it has been able to give me fairly accurate readings. You would need to pee in a cup and dip the test strip inside. Quite easy :)

Hi Luxee, no it’s not clearblue. It has no brand. It’s about 50 cents per piece from my calculations, but so far it has been able to give me fairly accurate readings. You would need to pee in a cup and dip the test strip inside. Quite easy :)
Aahh tts fine. Great thanks!! will go buy those cos it's def much cheaper

I got a question too..I just read some articles about people who got pregnant after giving up coffee. I’m very reluctant to give it up..I was a coffee addict and managed to reduce to one cup a day and even then my desire for coffee is still there cos I seldom get enough sleep and coffee really helps me stay awake while working.

Is it true giving up coffee totally really helps? Do u all drink coffee?

Last edited:
I got a question too..I just read some articles about people who got pregnant after giving up coffee. I’m very reluctant to give it up..I was a coffee addict and managed to reduce to one cup a day and even then my desire for coffee is still there cos I seldom get enough sleep and coffee really helps me stay awake while working.

Is it true giving up coffee totally really helps? Do u all drink coffee?
I’m coffee addicted too, but I only limit myself to one cup per day during TTC. I still drink up to the day when i found out I’m pregnant.

I guess one cup a day is still fine. But I don’t drink soft drinks nor bubble tea or other high sugary drinks.

I’m coffee addicted too, but I only limit myself to one cup per day during TTC. I still drink up to the day when i found out I’m pregnant.

I guess one cup a day is still fine. But I don’t drink soft drinks nor bubble tea or other high sugary drinks.

Hi FTM and Moony, I heard that caffeine intake should be reduced. My TCM recommend not to drink but if you have to, don’t drink Everyday including tea. But I need my bubble tea fix, so have to choose the tea wisely. Green tea and Houjicha is better

I am! On CD4 now. Trying again after having a mc in Feb this year. Btw, last time my gynae told me that jogging is fine (guess coz we are not professional ru nners). Just don't do a lot of jumping exercises.

Hi Pixie, sorry about ur mc, hope you’re feeling better now. I’m on CD6. Gonna continue trying SMEP this month. How about you? :)

Hi Luxee, I’m on CD6. Also trying naturally, only w TCM. Just curious...How long have you been on Clomid? You feel any difference/side effects being on Clomid?
Been on clomid for 3 months. Decided not to take this month cos of terrible headache, nausea & very depressed nearing AF. So it's try naturally for nw or IUI/IVF as last resort.

Hi Pixie, sorry about ur mc, hope you’re feeling better now. I’m on CD6. Gonna continue trying SMEP this month. How about you? :)
Yup also trying naturally. I also saw tcm to tiao my body. Also doing bbt charting so I know when to stop bd. But also coz my cycle not very regular so good to have an idea. Let's jiayou together this month!

Just curious if anyone read about or have ur hubs tried this men's fertility supplement called Profertil??

Just curious if anyone read about or have ur hubs tried this men's fertility supplement called Profertil??
Hi there!

My friends tried it and got pregnant immediately with profertil after trying for 3+ years. They passed us the remaining supplements (2.5 months worth), but didn't work for my husband and I.

Yup also trying naturally. I also saw tcm to tiao my body. Also doing bbt charting so I know when to stop bd. But also coz my cycle not very regular so good to have an idea. Let's jiayou together this month!

how long have you been seeing your TCM? I’ve been seeing mine for about more than 6 months already, but I’m not regular on the meds. Does your TCM give meds during the TWW for implantation?

my hubby is on proxeed. Not sure if really effective though, but it takes about 2 to 3 months for the sperm to regenerate. So won’t see results immediately

Hi there!

My friends tried it and got pregnant immediately with profertil after trying for 3+ years. They passed us the remaining supplements (2.5 months worth), but didn't work for my husband and I.
Ooh.I was reading a few success stories on IG from those who've used profertil. Seemed quite promising but also not sure if it'd work for hubs & I. Thanks fr sharing!

my hubby is on proxeed. Not sure if really effective though, but it takes about 2 to 3 months for the sperm to regenerate. So won’t see results immediately
Yeah i read tt it does take at least 2-3 months of consuming the supplements before they take effect. I'll try to check out proxeed too. Thanks :)

Been on clomid for 3 months. Decided not to take this month cos of terrible headache, nausea & very depressed nearing AF. So it's try naturally for nw or IUI/IVF as last resort.
I took clomid for 4 cycles, no BFP and it gave me yeast infection.. regretted totally

I only got the infection after clomid first time in my life. After stopped taking then no more.
It could be due to the dryness caused by clomid. Then abrasion during intercourse let to the yeast infection

I only got the infection after clomid first time in my life. After stopped taking then no more.
It could be due to the dryness caused by clomid. Then abrasion during intercourse let to the yeast infection

I see I see, thanks for sharing. Hope you get better soon! And good news to come your way! Jiayou!

how long have you been seeing your TCM? I’ve been seeing mine for about more than 6 months already, but I’m not regular on the meds. Does your TCM give meds during the TWW for implantation?
I started from end-Feb. Nope, mine doesn't give me different meds for TWW. Is your cycle regular?

Back