Trying to conceive 2020

Hello. Anyone trying to conceive in 2020? Thought some support will be good. Loss my baby girl after 4.5 months in NICU due to prematurity last year. Second month trying and the negative line on the pregnancy kit is bringing my morale down. Period supposedly coming in few days time but hoping it doesn't. Currently no symptoms then feeling very bloated. *Pray*
Please be strong

I'm so sorry for your loss. Can't imagine what you're going thru especially with an infant loss last year.

I've had one MC in Dec last year and was devastated. I've changed my diet and lifestyle and taking more supplements currently. Hopefully these will produce better quality eggs and contribute to sustaining a future pregnancy.

I hope you're coping well and I believe your rainbow baby will come very soon.
Thank you so much. I truly believe a change of lifestyle is needed. Will definitely do it once I complete my mini confinement.

Thank you.. hope we will all get our chance soon
Thank you so much. I truly believe a change of lifestyle is needed. Will definitely do it once I complete my mini confinement.
hi Amanda, hope you don’t mind me asking, how is your diet or exercise routine like? I have not really changed my lifestyle yet hence wondering if that is a cause but generally i eat quite healthily. I don’t exercise tho lol

Hello! Can I check with you ladies if any of you had tried TCM for fertility? My friend actually got pregnant after 3 months of taking herbal med that was recommended by her friend whom got pregnant too after visiting TCM and recommended me to one of the senior physician of Eu Yan Sang that both her and her friend visited. But then she just received the news that the physician have left. Not sure if any of you is currently trying TCM and have any recommendation?

hi Amanda, hope you don’t mind me asking, how is your diet or exercise routine like? I have not really changed my lifestyle yet hence wondering if that is a cause but generally i eat quite healthily. I don’t exercise tho lol
Hahha I hardly exercise too. But stopped taking cold stuff(cold drinks, ice cream), wear socks to sleep(they say it keeps the body warm), sleep earlier and take more vitamins as well.

Hi everyone,
I'm new here and i've been TTC for 1 1/2 yrs. Made appt with KKH in Feb and did all the fertility checks for both of us. Results all came back normal except I have a high AMH and HyFoSy scan showed high number of follicles in the left ovary. Thus, doc said I have mild PCOS. I find it a little odd because my period is very regular. As much as we wanted to start IUI/IVF, we were highly encouraged to try 3 cycles of Clomid before trying the more invasive fertility treatments.
So this month was the end of the 3rd cycle of Clomid and sadly, it hasn't worked cos just got my period! Feeling pretty low. Anyways, would love to learn more from everyone and share our experiences on our TTC journey.

Thanks HappyJ! Letrozole failed to stimulate more follicles for me for my 1st 2 IUI cycles which is why the doc switched me to SO-IUI for the last cycle, which worked better, and i managed to produce 4 follicles.

Thanks for the advise and sending baby dust your way too! :)

May I know what is the difference of your IUI and SO-IUI treatment? Did you take the same dose of Letrozole?

I’m looking to purchase more supplements on top of folic acid, any recommendations on what supplements I should get that will help with TTC and from which brands?

Also I’m not sure what’s the hype about USANA, I’ve been taking them but they are quite pricey (probiotics, fish oil, multi vitamins, Vit C, calcium, anti-oxidant) as compared to other brands such as Blackmores.

Thanks!

Hi everyone

Has anyone experienced any effects after consuming Bai Feng Wan from Eu Yang Sang? It’s my first month trying it and coincidentally, I’m experiencing strong period-like cramps on 7DPO and 8DPO, and mild cramps on and off thereafter. Still BFN though.

Thanks in advance for your inputs!

Hi all, trying to conceive here after losing my #2 in March when she was 27weeks. Hope all of us will conceive a healthy baby soon!

Hi all, I'm new here.. Would like to ask for advice as I'm really lost.
I'm 33 this year, I have normal pregnancy for my 1st boy in 2016, deliver via Csec. Currently trying 2nd baby for 2 years unsuccessful. Seen Dr at Mount E and NUH saying is unexplained fertility and PCOS. i was quite surprised n feel down as i can get preggy last time. Tried 3 round of IUI but failed. Currently follow up at kkh advice to give myself another 2 yrs or opt for IVF. My hubby okie with my decision.. Currently on dilema for IVF or seek TCM treatment. Kindly advice....

Hi all, I'm new here.. Would like to ask for advice as I'm really lost.
I'm 33 this year, I have normal pregnancy for my 1st boy in 2016, deliver via Csec. Currently trying 2nd baby for 2 years unsuccessful. Seen Dr at Mount E and NUH saying is unexplained fertility and PCOS. i was quite surprised n feel down as i can get preggy last time. Tried 3 round of IUI but failed. Currently follow up at kkh advice to give myself another 2 yrs or opt for IVF. My hubby okie with my decision.. Currently on dilema for IVF or seek TCM treatment. Kindly advice....
Hello and welcome. If you are anxious (cannot wait 2 years), i think you can do TCM 6 months first before going for IVF. Don’t be disheartened by IUI failure as i don’t think the success rates for IUI are high to begin with and i don’t know any success cases personally. Since you have conceived Naturally before, i do think you have a better assurance than those of us here that has yet to conceived and wondering whats wrong with us LOL.

Hi!! Im new here. Ttc for about 2’years plus..
Went for fertility check last year. Was advised to go straight for ivf. Can i know what are the steps to kick off ivf process??

Hi. I have been trying to conceive for 3 months and started using OKP last month. I have BD on the day and the day after seeing the smiley face on the clear blue but still failed . I have read that COQ10 will help in conceiving . Has anyone tried eating COQ10 and is successful in conceiving ?

Hello and welcome. If you are anxious (cannot wait 2 years), i think you can do TCM 6 months first before going for IVF. Don’t be disheartened by IUI failure as i don’t think the success rates for IUI are high to begin with and i don’t know any success cases personally. Since you have conceived Naturally before, i do think you have a better assurance than those of us here that has yet to conceived and wondering whats wrong with us LOL.
Thanks reina37, same here... i also feel wat wrong with me when diagnosed unexplained fertility....

Hi everyone, this is my very first post on this forum and thanks everyone for sharing your experience on this TTC journey.

Just to share some background story. I got married late last year and decided to TTC early this year. 2 years ago, I was referred to Thomson Medical due to my irregular menses. The gynae did a pelvic ultrasound and a transvaginal scan for me and found a polyp. So I thought after removing the polyp, maybe my menses will slowly start to regulate. But anyway, I just went ahead with the small surgery to remove it. However, through the few months of seeing her after the operation, she diagnosed that I have PCOS. From last year, before TTC, I was prescribed Metformin and Norethisterone to help regulate my menses. But once I got off Norethisterone, my menses still didn't come. So I was asked to continue with Norethisterone to induce my menses every month. Fast forward to early this year, I was prescribed Clomid together with Metformin and Norethisterone, hoping it will help me ovulate. So far, I have taken Clomid for 3 cycles and used the OPK but it has always been negative. I was then recommended to supplement the medication with Revosit which I have taken for 1 month so far. Somehow I got tired of all these western medication which doesn't seem to be helping me so I have decided to try TCM. I'd be seeing the sinseh at Serangoon within the next couple of days after reading some reviews. Hopefully it'd help with the hormones in my body and help me in this TTC journey. My husband and I did not do any fertility check though it was recommended by my gynae. Maybe if TCM doesn't work on me then I may consider to do the fertility check to understand what is wrong.

Hi HIBUN, sorry for ur lost...

Which tcm u seeing currently? Any changes after seeing?

Hi Maddy, I’ve been seeing Dr Su at Funan Medical Hall located at Bukit Batok. First few rounds after seeing her, feel less tired and have less clots during period. After 2 rounds of medication, I suspect I got pregnant but had a missed early miscarriage. I was just waiting for period to be really late, then do a HPT. Hence, didn’t get to confirm with BFP with that round.

Anyways, quite a few ladies have gotten good results after seeing her. Can google for her name and quite a no.of forum posts comes up if you want to read her review.

separately, would you mind me asking, what are your symptoms (if any) of unexplained infertility? If you don’t feel comfortable to share, it’s ok. Thank you!

Hi Maddy, I’ve been seeing Dr Su at Funan Medical Hall located at Bukit Batok. First few rounds after seeing her, feel less tired and have less clots during period. After 2 rounds of medication, I suspect I got pregnant but had a missed early miscarriage. I was just waiting for period to be really late, then do a HPT. Hence, didn’t get to confirm with BFP with that round.

Anyways, quite a few ladies have gotten good results after seeing her. Can google for her name and quite a no.of forum posts comes up if you want to read her review.

separately, would you mind me asking, what are your symptoms (if any) of unexplained infertility? If you don’t feel comfortable to share, it’s ok. Thank you!

Hi.. Thanks for sharing.. I got no symptoms. My menses come regularly everymonth blood flow ok, juz i dont have the whitish mucus during my ovulation week. Been trying diligently evry month but not success. So... I juz follow my heart after 2 years trying to see gynea about this.. Given letrozole for 6 month still fail. So i end up to NUH n the doctor diagnosed me unexplained fertility and PCOS. I ask him why like that since i have a boy age 4 now.. He said is common for now.. So i get 2nd opinion at mount E said the same thing.. Then now.. To KKH to proceed for IVF. But in dilema if i should go for tcm but i heard tcm take a long time for their treatment.

Hi,
What’s the charges like ? I’m keen to give it a try

Hi everyone, this is my very first post on this forum and thanks everyone for sharing your experience on this TTC journey.

Just to share some background story. I got married late last year and decided to TTC early this year. 2 years ago, I was referred to Thomson Medical due to my irregular menses. The gynae did a pelvic ultrasound and a transvaginal scan for me and found a polyp. So I thought after removing the polyp, maybe my menses will slowly start to regulate. But anyway, I just went ahead with the small surgery to remove it. However, through the few months of seeing her after the operation, she diagnosed that I have PCOS. From last year, before TTC, I was prescribed Metformin and Norethisterone to help regulate my menses. But once I got off Norethisterone, my menses still didn't come. So I was asked to continue with Norethisterone to induce my menses every month. Fast forward to early this year, I was prescribed Clomid together with Metformin and Norethisterone, hoping it will help me ovulate. So far, I have taken Clomid for 3 cycles and used the OPK but it has always been negative. I was then recommended to supplement the medication with Revosit which I have taken for 1 month so far. Somehow I got tired of all these western medication which doesn't seem to be helping me so I have decided to try TCM. I'd be seeing the sinseh at Serangoon within the next couple of days after reading some reviews. Hopefully it'd help with the hormones in my body and help me in this TTC journey. My husband and I did not do any fertility check though it was recommended by my gynae. Maybe if TCM doesn't work on me then I may consider to do the fertility check to understand what is wrong.
Hi Jaslyn, Just curious, why did the doctor give you metformin? Do u have high sugar level in your blood?
similar to u, i was on Diane35 (Jan-Oct 2019) instead to regulate my mensus as i have PCOS for the longest time. When i decided to TCC, i stopped and went to raffles TCM in oct. surprisingly my period became regular since then till now, altho i still have PCOS (from the scans). When you say OPK and negative, do u mean u did not get positive in OPK ever at all? did u go back to scan on day 10/12 of Clomid to make sure you are ovulating? I just had my first clomid cycle 2 weeks ago and doctor asked me to scan on day 12, which i did, and saw that i am reacting well to clomid. However my OPK is negative since day 10 till now (day 15).... so not sure if its delayed or i missed the peak positive.
Anyway, you are still early in your TTC journey! I think TCM can def help to regulate and 调 your body, so just keep on trying ! All the best and sorry for multiple questions.

Hi!! Im new here. Ttc for about 2’years plus..
Went for fertility check last year. Was advised to go straight for ivf. Can i know what are the steps to kick off ivf process??
You can call KKH or any private fertility clinics to make appt first. They will explain the process to you clearly :) likely is to do blood test, then doctor will prescribe u with meds for simulating eggs growth etc

Hi.. Thanks for sharing.. I got no symptoms. My menses come regularly everymonth blood flow ok, juz i dont have the whitish mucus during my ovulation week. Been trying diligently evry month but not success. So... I juz follow my heart after 2 years trying to see gynea about this.. Given letrozole for 6 month still fail. So i end up to NUH n the doctor diagnosed me unexplained fertility and PCOS. I ask him why like that since i have a boy age 4 now.. He said is common for now.. So i get 2nd opinion at mount E said the same thing.. Then now.. To KKH to proceed for IVF. But in dilema if i should go for tcm but i heard tcm take a long time for their treatment.
Hi maddy, do u use OPK to check? Im on my first cycle but so far the OPK is all negative everyday. Not sure if the drugs will affect the hormones

Hi. I have been trying to conceive for 3 months and started using OKP last month. I have BD on the day and the day after seeing the smiley face on the clear blue but still failed . I have read that COQ10 will help in conceiving . Has anyone tried eating COQ10 and is successful in conceiving ?

Did the doctor confirm that you ovulated before and after giving you letrozole? I took a fertility test earlier this year and my gynae says that my progesterone is low. So she’s not sure if I ovulated and gave me letrozole too. But based on my test results, I checked online and noted that many medical articles consider my progesterone results as ovulated, despite its on the low side. From what I read, in the past the threshold for progesterone have to be quite high in order to prove ovulation, but more recent research indicates otherwise. So I dunno what to believe also :confused:

Hi,
What’s the charges like ? I’m keen to give it a try
Hi Eeyore, depending if you need once a day meds or twice a day meds, it’s $28 or $56 for 12 days worth of meds. I find the charges quite reasonable as compared to other TCM. I have heard some fertility TCM charging $300 for a month of meds, which is quite steep for me.

Hi Reina, if you don’t mind me asking, did you try using the OPK multiple times a day?
Not really, only in the morning. Before i took letrozol, i also tested one a day and i see the line chging darker gradually each day until there is definitely a solid dark line about 2 days in a row on day 15/day 16. Now im day 15 but still negative :(

Hi Eeyore, depending if you need once a day meds or twice a day meds, it’s $28 or $56 for 12 days worth of meds. I find the charges quite reasonable as compared to other TCM. I have heard some fertility TCM charging $300 for a month of meds, which is quite steep for me.
Hi,
Yep the price is very reasonable. Is his appointment alway full ?

Not really, only in the morning. Before i took letrozol, i also tested one a day and i see the line chging darker gradually each day until there is definitely a solid dark line about 2 days in a row on day 15/day 16. Now im day 15 but still negative :(

do you experience any side effects/ anything out of the ordinary after taking letrozole? You can try using OPK between 12pm to 8pm. I read on some sites that HSG surge usually happens in the morning, so may only show up in urine later part of the day.

Hi,
Yep the price is very reasonable. Is his appointment alway full ?

It’s a lady sinseh, which I prefer :). First time visit cannot make appointment, have to queue. Subsequently, you can make appointment but it’s usually quite crowded.A lot of couples, ladies and kids see her.

do you experience any side effects/ anything out of the ordinary after taking letrozole? You can try using OPK between 12pm to 8pm. I read on some sites that HSG surge usually happens in the morning, so may only show up in urine later part of the day.
A little, on 2nd day i felt fatigue but i read that it is one of the side effects so i just let it be. How about you? Ok i will test tomorrow 2 times!

Hi maddy, do u use OPK to check? Im on my first cycle but so far the OPK is all negative everyday. Not sure if the drugs will affect the hormones
Yes i did.. I will get smiley on day 14.. We tried before after and in between still no result.

Did the doctor confirm that you ovulated before and after giving you letrozole? I took a fertility test earlier this year and my gynae says that my progesterone is low. So she’s not sure if I ovulated and gave me letrozole too. But based on my test results, I checked online and noted that many medical articles consider my progesterone results as ovulated, despite its on the low side. From what I read, in the past the threshold for progesterone have to be quite high in order to prove ovulation, but more recent research indicates otherwise. So I dunno what to believe also :confused:
Did checked only ovulate 1 eggy but not mature enough to come out from the sack.. This what the doctor told me..

Did checked only ovulate 1 eggy but not mature enough to come out from the sack.. This what the doctor told me..
I would have thought it needs to come out otherwise we won’t have our periods right? I think this is a difficult question! Haha

A little, on 2nd day i felt fatigue but i read that it is one of the side effects so i just let it be. How about you? Ok i will test tomorrow 2 times!

I haven’t started taking letrozole yet. Wanted to try a few more cycles with TCM before I start. How long have you been trying?

Did the doctor need to check that through ultrasound? I’m concerned that I may not be ovulating properly as well though my periods are quite regular. My gynae only did a hormone test

I would have thought it needs to come out otherwise we won’t have our periods right? I think this is a difficult question! Haha
No la.. Period come from the womb.. It call endometrium.. The eggy will disappear itself if it not mature or no sperm to meet.. Haha..

Did the doctor need to check that through ultrasound? I’m concerned that I may not be ovulating properly as well though my periods are quite regular. My gynae only did a hormone test
Yup.. Did check with vagina ultrasound... 3 times during the ovulation week.. My hormone test all normal.. Juz the ovulation part..

No la.. Period come from the womb.. It call endometrium.. The eggy will disappear itself if it not mature or no sperm to meet.. Haha..
Yah i thot if no sperm to meet it will disintegrate and triggers period, and meaning it must have “matured” to come out of the follicle sac before it disintegrates ‍♀️

Hi Jaslyn, Just curious, why did the doctor give you metformin? Do u have high sugar level in your blood?
similar to u, i was on Diane35 (Jan-Oct 2019) instead to regulate my mensus as i have PCOS for the longest time. When i decided to TCC, i stopped and went to raffles TCM in oct. surprisingly my period became regular since then till now, altho i still have PCOS (from the scans). When you say OPK and negative, do u mean u did not get positive in OPK ever at all? did u go back to scan on day 10/12 of Clomid to make sure you are ovulating? I just had my first clomid cycle 2 weeks ago and doctor asked me to scan on day 12, which i did, and saw that i am reacting well to clomid. However my OPK is negative since day 10 till now (day 15).... so not sure if its delayed or i missed the peak positive.
Anyway, you are still early in your TTC journey! I think TCM can def help to regulate and 调 your body, so just keep on trying ! All the best and sorry for multiple questions.
Hi Reina, well she said it was to alleviate the symptoms of PCOS cos usually for women with PCOS, they may be insulin resistant. So I guess it was to help control the blood sugar, and maybe in the losing of weight, though I'm not on the obese side. Yes I did not get a single positive on the OPK and I did go back to my gynae to do blood test on CD21 but she confirmed I did not ovulate. So actually my issues are mainly on irregular periods and absence of ovulation. For Clomid, I took on CD2-6 and based on research, ovulation should come 5-10 days after the last pill but due to PCOS, the ovulation may be delayed so it is advised to keep testing and do BBT charting.

Well yeah we are still pretty early on it, really hoping TCM can help me with all my issues. It is tiring to keep testing for ovulation and having to schedule intercourse.

Last edited:
Hi Reina, well she said it was to alleviate the symptoms of PCOS cos usually for women with PCOS, they will be insulin resistant. So I guess it was to help control the blood sugar, and maybe in the losing of weight, though I'm not on the obese side. Yes I did not get a single positive on the OPK and I did go back to my gynae to do blood test on CD21 but she confirmed I did not ovulate. So actually my issues are mainly on irregular periods and absence of ovulation. For Clomid, I took on CD2-6 and based on research, ovulation should come 5-10 days after the last pill but due to PCOS, the ovulation may be delayed so it is advised to keep testing and do BBT charting.

Well yeah we are still pretty early on it, really hoping TCM can help me with all my issues. It is tiring to keep testing for ovulation and having to schedule intercourse.
Hi! Just curious for BBT charting can I use a regular digital thermometer or needs a special thermometer that can show accuracy up to 2 decimals?

Hi Reina, well she said it was to alleviate the symptoms of PCOS cos usually for women with PCOS, they will be insulin resistant. So I guess it was to help control the blood sugar, and maybe in the losing of weight, though I'm not on the obese side. Yes I did not get a single positive on the OPK and I did go back to my gynae to do blood test on CD21 but she confirmed I did not ovulate. So actually my issues are mainly on irregular periods and absence of ovulation. For Clomid, I took on CD2-6 and based on research, ovulation should come 5-10 days after the last pill but due to PCOS, the ovulation may be delayed so it is advised to keep testing and do BBT charting.

Thanks Jaslyn. I am not a doctor but i thought and read that Noresthisterone has birth control properties too? (As part of regulating hormones). Did the doctor scan you as well to check if you are ovulating? I would have thought CD21 is too late since ovulation after taking clomid is day 14+++. Sorry i had a typo, i took leterozol, not clomid!! Agree that it is tiring to schedule intercourse and totally taking the fun out of sex ... and doing every 2 days is tiring for my partner

Hi! Just curious for BBT charting can I use a regular digital thermometer or needs a special thermometer that can show accuracy up to 2 decimals?
Hi hi, I used a typical digital thermometer. I guess 1 decimal place is good enough cos I think before ovulation it should range between 36.0-36.4 and then post ovulation should be at a sustained higher temperature.

Back