IVF 2019

First preg I wasn't this anxious so I didn't do hpt!! Both times I did a 5 day blastocyst transfer. Wow twins! You put in 2 embryos? My gynae Jessie doesn't want me to transfer more than one due to higher risks involved... I don't have much symptoms, similar to previous round, not sure if I will be so lucky again so very anxious... Did you get your twins on one try?

First preg i was on no pay leave. So every morn wake up nothing to do go experiment with opk and hpt. Yup insert 2 embryos on day 3... Dr Tan also advice insert 1 on day 5 for higher chance of preg.. but at that period of time i heard cases of none embryo survive day 5 so i choose to insert on day 3. Anw waiting for day 3 was alr like forever whatmore day 5. And i choose to insert 2 because i had 4 fertilized eggs. And my sis who went through difficulty conceiving say just insert 2 la.. if one cannot make it got another 1 as back up... skali both jackpot. Very luckily a boy girl twin. It was really unexpected cuz we’ve been trying for 3 years. so now that they are alr 28 mths i think its time to go for #3. Yes they were conceived on first fresh ivf cycle.

First preg i was on no pay leave. So every morn wake up nothing to do go experiment with opk and hpt. Yup insert 2 embryos on day 3... Dr Tan also advice insert 1 on day 5 for higher chance of preg.. but at that period of time i heard cases of none embryo survive day 5 so i choose to insert on day 3. Anw waiting for day 3 was alr like forever whatmore day 5. And i choose to insert 2 because i had 4 fertilized eggs. And my sis who went through difficulty conceiving say just insert 2 la.. if one cannot make it got another 1 as back up... skali both jackpot. Very luckily a boy girl twin. It was really unexpected cuz we’ve been trying for 3 years. so now that they are alr 28 mths i think its time to go for #3. Yes they were conceived on first fresh ivf cycle.
Wow super lucky you! One boy one girl somemore!!! Do they look alike? But it must have been tough taking care of twins at the start? Dr Tan is Dr Tan Heng Hao from KKH?

Wow super lucky you! One boy one girl somemore!!! Do they look alike? But it must have been tough taking care of twins at the start? Dr Tan is Dr Tan Heng Hao from KKH?

Not really cuz they are fratenal twins. But some say they do look alike. One thg for sure the boy is really a carbon copy of my husband and the girl take after me. Taking care of them was definitely not easy given that I was a first time mom that tm. I didnt sleep the 3rd night cuz they were bf back to back from 10.30pm to 7.30am. But since we have been waiting for them like forever, i guess we overcomed all odds with ease. Had great support from both sides. Mine is the female Dr Tan. Dr Tan Tse Yuan. Been with her since my first ivf. =) I personally request for female dr. Hehehehe. How old is your boy now?

Not really cuz they are fratenal twins. But some say they do look alike. One thg for sure the boy is really a carbon copy of my husband and the girl take after me. Taking care of them was definitely not easy given that I was a first time mom that tm. I didnt sleep the 3rd night cuz they were bf back to back from 10.30pm to 7.30am. But since we have been waiting for them like forever, i guess we overcomed all odds with ease. Had great support from both sides. Mine is the female Dr Tan. Dr Tan Tse Yuan. Been with her since my first ivf. =) I personally request for female dr. Hehehehe. How old is your boy now?
I also can only take female gynae lol. Which hospital is she from? My boy is about 10 months old now! I still have one grade C blastocyst in the freezer.. If this round fails then I will transfer that, or if not go for a fresh cycle again.. Don't mind having twins next!!

I also can only take female gynae lol. Which hospital is she from? My boy is about 10 months old now! I still have one grade C blastocyst in the freezer.. If this round fails then I will transfer that, or if not go for a fresh cycle again.. Don't mind having twins next!!

10 mths?? Wow! U went through natural birth or c Sect previously? I have 1 more in the freezer too! If this fail then will go with that final blastocyst if not close shop alr. Im 34 this yr. dont think i can handle myself after that. Anw Dr Tan TY is from KKH.

10 mths?? Wow! U went through natural birth or c Sect previously? I have 1 more in the freezer too! If this fail then will go with that final blastocyst if not close shop alr. Im 34 this yr. dont think i can handle myself after that. Anw Dr Tan TY is from KKH.
Natural! Yeah I'm 35 so not much time to wait already!

I am with Dr Jessie! She did my first ivf which was positive and she delivered my baby boy in Oct. I like her, straightforward, no need to wait too long for her usually. Just did my second ivf with her, transferred frozen blastocyst last Tuesday..
Hello! May I know if you are seeing Dr Jessie under private? How is her style like other than straightforward?
I am under subsidized now and thinking if I should see her under private cos under subsidized doctors are always different..
Thanks in advance!

Hello! May I know if you are seeing Dr Jessie under private? How is her style like other than straightforward?
I am under subsidized now and thinking if I should see her under private cos under subsidized doctors are always different..
Thanks in advance!
I think she is quite skillful, cos my first ivf was a success and post delivery healing was also good, but that might be due to personal health attributes though! She is friendly also, but firm. I asked her several times if I can transfer more than one embryo but her response has always been to only transfer one good embryo to increase the chances. I dont usually wait very long for her too, and I can see why, my consultations with her were always very fast! Like 5 minutes and I am out...

Thanks in advance!
Ah yes forgot to say I see her under private so I see her everytime!

I think she is quite skillful, cos my first ivf was a success and post delivery healing was also good, but that might be due to personal health attributes though! She is friendly also, but firm. I asked her several times if I can transfer more than one embryo but her response has always been to only transfer one good embryo to increase the chances. I dont usually wait very long for her too, and I can see why, my consultations with her were always very fast! Like 5 minutes and I am out...

i am a subsidized patient and Dr Jessie was on duty for my ER and ET. For ET, she asked me whether i want to go for ET that day. Then asked me how many i want to transfer. Perhaps mine was poor grade day5 blastocyst, she recommended 2 and ask me to hope for the best. She is direct and perhaps doesn't want to give me false hope.

to be honest, i felt i have lost the battle after i left KKH. it was a terrible 2WW.

i am a subsidized patient and Dr Jessie was on duty for my ER and ET. For ET, she asked me whether i want to go for ET that day. Then asked me how many i want to transfer. Perhaps mine was poor grade day5 blastocyst, she recommended 2 and ask me to hope for the best. She is direct and perhaps doesn't want to give me false hope.

to be honest, i felt i have lost the battle after i left KKH. it was a terrible 2WW.
Poor grade means what grade? I transferred a B grader, and now has a C grader in the freezer. When is your 2ww ending?

Hello! Mind if I asked why do you feel you have lost the battle? When was your ET?

Poor grade means what grade? I transferred a B grader, and now has a C grader in the freezer. When is your 2ww ending?

Please pardon me as I am still not very clear on some of the terms used. I thought the grading of embryo is 1/2/3/4? The embryologist didn’t tell me whether is it A or B or C. What are the difference?

Please pardon me as I am still not very clear on some of the terms used. I thought the grading of embryo is 1/2/3/4? The embryologist didn’t tell me whether is it A or B or C. What are the difference?
Grade 1/2/3/4 is for day 3 embryos. Grade A/B/C is for day 5 blastocyst. Hope this helps. You can google them.

Retrieved 42 oocyte on Monday... Today went to see Dr... I will start my thaw cycle next menses.

We have 19 embryos at the moment. Dr wanted to see the next 3 days. 19 out of 42 I think its still amazing.. Huhu.. I won't be confident all 19 will be at blastocyst stage.. But see how... Im praying for the best!

Hi girls! Am new here.. trying to conceive my first baby.. My gynae is Dr THH from KK, he told me to do AMH test and result was 1.0.

Just did my first fresh cycle, transferred 2 grade 4 Day 3 embryos. Today is my 8dpt..
I had crampings and a little backache on day6 after transfer then nothing... Feeling abit worried or maybe I’m thinking too much? Any girls can share your 2ww?
Hello I’m new to the forum too! I’m with Dr Tan HH too. I had 2 failed fresh cycles. :( now starting my 1st FET. I will be joining you in 2WW soon. My transfer will be next wed! By then I think you will have know your result? Baby dust to all!

that 2WW happened in Jan 1st fresh IVF cycle this year.
She didnt tell me which grade. According to the embryologist report, 2 blastocyst with EC (early cleavage) and VEE (not sure what this means). i asked the embryologist to explain in layman terms. She said blastocyst has 4 stages, those 2 belong to the 1st stage only.

We are all in this together! Will support each other.. don’t give up yet! Xx

Hello I’m new to the forum too! I’m with Dr Tan HH too. I had 2 failed fresh cycles. :( now starting my 1st FET. I will be joining you in 2WW soon. My transfer will be next wed! By then I think you will have know your result? Baby dust to all!
Hello @Bbfrogdust :) same gynae! Haha it’s my first time! So far how’s your experience with Dr Tan? Hahha yes. My bt is next tues.. still damn nervous though...

Yup. More or less the same. =) mine is on 14 Aug. Good luck! Meantm dont worry too much. Go watch korean drama.. it helps.

Hey that’s the day I am going to kkh for my transfer!
@LIVELOVEJOY go do something else like pamper yourself to take your mind off it. I know it’s tough. Been thr
Hello @Bbfrogdust :) same gynae! Haha it’s my first time! So far how’s your experience with Dr Tan? Hahha yes. My bt is next tues.. still damn nervous though...
so far I kinda like him but he is super busy!!!! I always have waited Super Long for him (3hr+) because half way he will have to attend to emergency procedure. So

My experience with Dr Tan HH has been pleasant just that he is always very busy! I once waited 3 hours for him because he has to leave for an emergency procedure! And do rem to ask when he will be on leave! During my first fresh cycle, my Egg retrieval and oocyte transfer kena during his leave period. -.-

It’s normal to feel damned nervous. I was Super nervous too during my first BT. Haiz the kind of feeling that we go through, no one will truly understand but we got your back. :)

Hi, I just did my transfer at NUH. Bt is 14aug but I tested myself, result is negative. This is my second fresh cycle
1st cycle transferred one embryo with 2 cell, resulting in chemical pregnancy
This cycle transferred two embryos, one is 8cells and second is 7cells but no implantation. I have another frozen embryo with 6cells. Anyone succeed with 6cells before?

Will I have the chance to have my own baby? I am so lost!

Hi, I just did my transfer at NUH. Bt is 14aug but I tested myself, result is negative. This is my second fresh cycle
1st cycle transferred one embryo with 2 cell, resulting in chemical pregnancy
This cycle transferred two embryos, one is 8cells and second is 7cells but no implantation. I have another frozen embryo with 6cells. Anyone succeed with 6cells before?

Will I have the chance to have my own baby? I am so lost!
Hey @Hopefulgirl my BT is on 14 Aug too. It’s 11dp5dt and hpt negative too. Im not sure if the no of cells affects the chances of preg but hang on there. The best has yet to come. I know its frustrating. Been there done that. Take things easy. Baby dust to u!

Hey that’s the day I am going to kkh for my transfer!
@LIVELOVEJOY go do something else like pamper yourself to take your mind off it. I know it’s tough. Been thr

so far I kinda like him but he is super busy!!!! I always have waited Super Long for him (3hr+) because half way he will have to attend to emergency procedure. So

My experience with Dr Tan HH has been pleasant just that he is always very busy! I once waited 3 hours for him because he has to leave for an emergency procedure! And do rem to ask when he will be on leave! During my first fresh cycle, my Egg retrieval and oocyte transfer kena during his leave period. -.-

It’s normal to feel damned nervous. I was Super nervous too during my first BT. Haiz the kind of feeling that we go through, no one will truly understand but we got your back. :)
Waaaaa your first ER and ET on his leaveeee.. oh dear... nvm uh.. this time will be different for you! :) good to hear we are in good hands. Hahah

Anyone know if it’s ok to have dark red/ brown spotting on my panty liner and dark red stains on tissue after pee? My AF is usually 28-30 days but this month suppose to be 30 days which is 11 aug! I’m getting worried..

I thought as long we are on the cervical gel and progesterone pills, our menses won’t come until we stop taking it right?

Last edited:
Anyone know if it’s ok to have red spotting on my panty liner and red spot on tissue after pee? My AF is usually 28-30 days but this month suppose to be 30 days which is 11 aug! I’m getting worried..

I thought as long we are on the cervical gel and progesterone pills, our menses won’t come until we stop taking it right?

It varies for individuals. Applying crinone gel and taking duphaston did not delay my menses. When is your BT? You may wanna give the clinic a call to get their advice and see if they can schedule an earlier BT for you.

It varies for individuals. Applying crinone gel and taking duphaston did not delay my menses. When is your BT? You may wanna give the clinic a call to get their advice and see if they can schedule an earlier BT for you.
My BT is on 13 Aug .... sigh.. I thought AF won’t come until we stop all medications ):

Anyone know if it’s ok to have dark red/ brown spotting on my panty liner and dark red stains on tissue after pee? My AF is usually 28-30 days but this month suppose to be 30 days which is 11 aug! I’m getting worried..

Could possibly be implantation bleeding..? U have cramps?

Could possibly be implantation bleeding..? U have cramps?
I really hope it’s implantation bleeding.. *fingerscross* it’s really mild cramps and not a discomfort for me, i still can walk the whole day.. but more of sore backache.. Not sure if it’s because I walked too much? Am on my short getaway..

You know the gel that we’re using? I was told to shake, when I open it over flows or shoots out! Make me feel like I wasted the gel..

I really hope it’s implantation bleeding.. *fingerscross* it’s really mild cramps and not a discomfort for me, i still can walk the whole day.. but more of sore backache.. Not sure if it’s because I walked too much? Am on my short getaway..

You know the gel that we’re using? I was told to shake, when I open it over flows or shoots out! Make me feel like I wasted the gel..
You mean the crinone 8% gel? im using that. Yes some spill and some left in the tube. But so long most go in shd be ok... yes hope it’s implantation bleeding.

Mmm think I’m out of the game. Guess it’s AF, bled more but lesser than my normal AF. Tested this morning, negative. You?
Oh dear. Im sorry about it. Im out staycation at my in law’s and my mom’s place since Fri. Didnt bring my test kit as I thought I just go with the flow after the last negative i got on Thu. been very anxious everytime i feel like there’s a discharge. But it was the crinone gel with some very light pink spots. BT is on Wed. I’m just preparing for the worse. Stay strong babe.

@LIVELOVEJOY hugs to you. Try again. Don’t give up.

@twooonethree good that you are taking your mind off with staycation. Ya that crinone gel cause me to have white clumpy discharge. Don’t know if it’s normal? I feel like my body not absorbing. Last time, I don’t rem having so much discharge.

@twooonethree good that you are taking your mind off with staycation. Ya that crinone gel cause me to have white clumpy discharge. Don’t know if it’s normal? I feel like my body not absorbing. Last time, I don’t rem having so much discharge.
Nurse advise to walk at least 15 min after application to even out the gel. But most of the time i just walk for 5 min. Unless Im at work. That one no choice but to walk and stand for more than 15 min. Hahaha. How far along are u?

Nurse advise to walk at least 15 min after application to even out the gel. But most of the time i just walk for 5 min. Unless Im at work. That one no choice but to walk and stand for more than 15 min. Hahaha. How far along are u?
I am waiting for my Frozen transfer on wed 14 August. Haven’t even started my TWW yet. Sigh what a Long way to go.

Oh dear. Im sorry about it. Im out staycation at my in law’s and my mom’s place since Fri. Didnt bring my test kit as I thought I just go with the flow after the last negative i got on Thu. been very anxious everytime i feel like there’s a discharge. But it was the crinone gel with some very light pink spots. BT is on Wed. I’m just preparing for the worse. Stay strong babe.

Hahah me too. I just came back from genting! Did you test with a new one or the expired on Thursday? Lol as long your menses isn’t here yet and it’s late means good news for you i guess.. don’t worry!

Yes. Can’t wait for the next ivf alr. Wanna quickly start second one. HAHAHA thanks for the encouragement!

Hi all, I’m new here. Did my first FET with kkh on 7 Aug and now on 2ww. My D5 blast fully hatched by itself before ET and only the hatched part was transferred without the ‘shell’. Can’t help myself but keep googling..seems like chance of implantation is lower for fully hatched as compared to partial hatched

Been getting cramps and backache on n off. Slight brown discharge with the crinone residue. Earlier today felt some stabbing pain (unlike the initial cramps) in womb area and totally bloated, symptoms are as if AF is going to come soon(hope not!).

Also still getting bfn as of yesterday morning at 5dp5dt. Getting kinda depressed abt this but can’t show my emotions to my hubby or friends..sigh

Hahah me too. I just came back from genting! Did you test with a new one or the expired on Thursday? Lol as long your menses isn’t here yet and it’s late means good news for you i guess.. don’t worry!
Wah syiok!! Heeee I tested with the expired ones. Dont feel like using the new one. Im just finishing the expired ones. Left abt 2 i guess. Just nice till BT. Ya doesnt feel like having af anytm soon but you know she can come as a surprise. im alr 7 days late and still nothing. I read online FET can take sometm to implant. But the idea of being preg with a negative hpt at 14dp5dt still doesnt make sense but we see how this Wed. Im also curious.

Back