IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

I know if you have more than 4 big follicles they will ask u to proceed for ivf instead. It’s weird that you have 10 mature eggs and still let you do SO-IUI. What’s the size of your mature eggs?
It must be really crampy for you but bear with it, your chances are very high!!

Sigh. U know on Monday, they told me I got 7 eggs.
They gave me a worried look which was making me stressed as also. They said they only need 3. So Tues I went back to scan.

On Tuesday they said ok 9 eggs, 4 from left 5 from right ovary, about 7 to 13 in size. E group of MO made me felt rather worried n they suggested me to give up this round of iui or e other alternative was to proceed for IVF. So I say I need to discuss with husband n come back on Wednesday tgt as it's a diff set of consent forms to sign. Advised to stop jab.

Wed was my 9th jab day. I overheard nurse was saying wow I got 10 eggs now, from 7 to 14.5 :/ but then this group of MO say cannot anyhow change to IVF... cos e drugs r different. N I dint jab e day b4, yet my eggs grew.

So this MO say proceed for iui on Thursday.

N today I went to o&g clinic for very bad cramps... Doc says its e Ohss... 1 week post iui n I'm still ovulating?? -.-

Will u proceed to next iui or?

Today is 11 dpo, i am having a very bloated stomach now, my bbt temperature today is 36.6, by today I feel cold since afternoon, and took measurement just now and got 36.2, losing hope currently.

I don’t want to face reality to do the pregnancy test tomorrow.

Today is 11 dpo, i am having a very bloated stomach now, my bbt temperature today is 36.6, by today I feel cold since afternoon, and took measurement just now and got 36.2, losing hope currently.

I don’t want to face reality to do the pregnancy test tomorrow.

Hi Wynn, same here i dont want to face reality too. Either wait for period to visit or test once u have the courage

What medi ur gynae gave u? Is this ur 2nd iui?

Hi Wynn, same here i dont want to face reality too. Either wait for period to visit or test once u have the courage

What medi ur gynae gave u? Is this ur 2nd iui?

Duphaston x1 after every dinner

Last night 3am, I got 36.2 too, but 8am my usual time for bbt got 36.6

Praying for a 36.6 bbt result tomorrow morning

Sigh. U know on Monday, they told me I got 7 eggs.
They gave me a worried look which was making me stressed as also. They said they only need 3. So Tues I went back to scan.

On Tuesday they said ok 9 eggs, 4 from left 5 from right ovary, about 7 to 13 in size. E group of MO made me felt rather worried n they suggested me to give up this round of iui or e other alternative was to proceed for IVF. So I say I need to discuss with husband n come back on Wednesday tgt as it's a diff set of consent forms to sign. Advised to stop jab.

Wed was my 9th jab day. I overheard nurse was saying wow I got 10 eggs now, from 7 to 14.5 :/ but then this group of MO say cannot anyhow change to IVF... cos e drugs r different. N I dint jab e day b4, yet my eggs grew.

So this MO say proceed for iui on Thursday.

N today I went to o&g clinic for very bad cramps... Doc says its e Ohss... 1 week post iui n I'm still ovulating?? -.-

Hmm I don’t tik it’s still ovulating, it’s more of the side effect of the drugs..so did the doc give u anything to reduce the cramps? Per my understanding for mature follicles have to be ard 17-24. If out of 10 eggs, mostly less than 14mm, it’s still not consider optimal. I have only 2 eggs at 17mm and 20mm, doc scan & continues to jab me another 2 days, results : 20mm and 21mm, then I see the smile on his face

The nurses told me to either drink milk or eat 2-4 egg whites to reduce bloatedness and cramps. I ate 4 egg whites daily as i don’t take milk..not so bloated and crampy. Maybe partly bcos i have only 2 eggs. There again I don’t feel much symptoms nor feel any rise in body temp. Only mild headache and slight cramps on off. I can’t expect too much now but I tell myself at least I tried and no regrets in future.

Wynn, good luck..

Started to feel cold in the afternoon, so when I came back from work at 9pm, I measure and got 36.2. Went out for dinner and had mutton soup, got 36.6 at around 11pm, before I sleep at 12am last night, I got 36.1, wake up by a phone call at 4am, and heart beat fast due to work and got 36.0, I went back to sleep after 30 min and turn off the aircon

And 730am, my usual bbt chart measure at 36.71?? What is going on? I am still having bloating stomach and today it is 12 dpo.

Yesterday, it was also the same, my bbt was only much higher at 730am, my usual temp time, and bbt will just drift lower

Last edited:
i went as private, so just called prof pc wong directly. went to prof pc wong cuz he seemed to have pretty good reviews and heard that hes a fertility expert. Jessie Phoon didn't really offer much solution and she wasn't even the one who did the procedure for me. i even tried TCM (acupuncture & drinking herbal stuff) with dr tan kian seng in clementi but i ended up with fever for a month and he didn't even know how to treat my fever. had pretty bad experience with his nurses also who openly shared when we should try etc. i was thoroughly embarrassed by them.

So if transfer do U need to do all the test again? Or they will just proceed wit iui? As the tests are quite costly under private

Hmm I don’t tik it’s still ovulating, it’s more of the side effect of the drugs..so did the doc give u anything to reduce the cramps? Per my understanding for mature follicles have to be ard 17-24. If out of 10 eggs, mostly less than 14mm, it’s still not consider optimal. I have only 2 eggs at 17mm and 20mm, doc scan & continues to jab me another 2 days, results : 20mm and 21mm, then I see the smile on his face

The nurses told me to either drink milk or eat 2-4 egg whites to reduce bloatedness and cramps. I ate 4 egg whites daily as i don’t take milk..not so bloated and crampy. Maybe partly bcos i have only 2 eggs. There again I don’t feel much symptoms nor feel any rise in body temp. Only mild headache and slight cramps on off. I can’t expect too much now but I tell myself at least I tried and no regrets in future.
The whole week post iui I was experiencing very bad bloatedness...which means to me I can't wear my pants, n e sides of my lower ab can feel pain n possibly swelling.

Tho MO told me something similar like more than 17 then it's of optimum size la. They also say some may burst if they r too big... Oh well. I just listen with a pinch of salt...

But anyway I have been eating eggs daily... N finally today my bloat seems to be better, yay after 1week post iui... N the o&g clinic prescript me normal Panadol n nothing else. Lol so next time anywhere pain pls take normal panadol n don't waste ur money go to e urgent clinic ~ felt so silly lo.

Hi all,

Isit a must to do 3iui in order to do ivf? I'm this year 36 but my doc insist me to do iui first.

Just a thot
Hi Tirimisu183

I’m also 36 this year :) for me, i’m trying natural cycle iui meaning wait for natural ovulation to take place, no medication just 1 trigger injection to make sure ovulation takes place and the iui procedure will be done.

If this round fails, I will continue SO-IUI with the hormone pills & injections. Overall iui procedures are less taxing on our bodies & minds as compared to ivf.. so perhaps u might want to consider asking your gynae what is the best option for u?

Hope this helps!

On the day my AF was due, 14 dpo, I experience brown discharged, but AF came last night, after a delay of 2 days, sad

Should I go for second cycle of iui immediately?

On the day my AF was due, 14 dpo, I experience brown discharged, but AF came last night, after a delay of 2 days, sad

Should I go for second cycle of iui immediately?

Hi Wynn, i feel you too. My AF delayed 3days. Now abit lost, should be going for 2nd round of IUI.

Hi Wynn, i feel you too. My AF delayed 3days. Now abit lost, should be going for 2nd round of IUI.

Let’s share our experience, during this cycle of failed iui, on 7 dpo, I felt my womb was very cold, like menses coming the next day, so I cooked pork rib soup to make it warm, it did become warmer for a few days and the dip happened a few days later

Attached is my bbt chart, iui done on 13th day of the cycle, ovulation strip the darkest on 14th day

Attachments

• 70499D69-0F10-4F2D-A5F5-BE80F4C14E18.png
    70499D69-0F10-4F2D-A5F5-BE80F4C14E18.png
    459.2 KB · Views: 275
So the more iui we do, the more chance we have? Any scientific research?

My iui failed, went back to book a second iui, and doctor recommend my Husband to do a more complete and detailed sperm test that cost $500+.

Hi. I am a new member here. I had an iui last month and it failed. Before we did the iui, the gyne asked me if i did an hsg before. I said yes but that was 4 years ago. After the iui we did an hsg and he said that my tubes were blocked and there are mucus. Do you guys think he should have done the hsg first? He is a private doctor and i have spent a lot already with the first iui. I am so down and frustrated now.

Hi. I am a new member here. I had an iui last month and it failed. Before we did the iui, the gyne asked me if i did an hsg before. I said yes but that was 4 years ago. After the iui we did an hsg and he said that my tubes were blocked and there are mucus. Do you guys think he should have done the hsg first? He is a private doctor and i have spent a lot already with the first iui. I am so down and frustrated now.

Hi Mum725,

Not too sure why your doctor forgo the HSG scan before your IUI. Did you check with him? I did a HSG scan 2 yrs ago when i had a endometriosis op. Recently went for my fertility check as i'm ttc this year. My doctor scheduled me for a HSG scan again to see if any of my tubes are block before going back for another round of consultation.

Hi Mum725,

Not too sure why your doctor forgo the HSG scan before your IUI. Did you check with him? I did a HSG scan 2 yrs ago when i had a endometriosis op. Recently went for my fertility check as i'm ttc this year. My doctor scheduled me for a HSG scan again to see if any of my tubes are block before going back for another round of consultation.

I am so sad as I felt that the iui was a waste of time, money and emotions. I think I already spent about 6k for the iui and lab tests. I have been TTC for 8 years already. I did not talk to him yet about this because I don't want to sound like I am complaining.

Last edited:
I am so sad as I felt that the iui was a waste of time, money and emotions. I think I already spent about 6k for the iui and lab tests. I have been TTC for 8 years already. I did not talk to him yet about this because I don't want to sound like I am complaining.
Hi mum725,

Recommend you go KKH or NUH for details check before start the iui or ivf.
The cost would be cheaper and can pay via medisave.
If u are consider IVF, there is subsidiary as well from govt.

For HSG test,is that result okay for 4 years ago? Just this time HSG checking have blocked tube problem? If blocked tube for one side only, mean still able to conceive naturally.

Be more positive, as luck will coming.

Thanks... any cash paid? u bingo?
Actually only registration fee need to pay by cash which is $133.75. We decided to pay all by cash in case I need to go for IVF. I didn’t bingo.
My next Doc review will be May 2019. Then decide whether go for 2nd so iui or ivf.

Actually only registration fee need to pay by cash which is $133.75. We decided to pay all by cash in case I need to go for IVF. I didn’t bingo.
My next Doc review will be May 2019. Then decide whether go for 2nd so iui or ivf.

Me too =/

But i thinking upgrade see Dr TanHh. N i still thinking if to go ivf straight or not. I felt me under subsidized clinic, e MOs seems like clueless n sometimes dunno what to do... imagine they called consultant to ask,how u feel at that instance...

Me too =/

But i thinking upgrade see Dr TanHh. N i still thinking if to go ivf straight or not. I felt me under subsidized clinic, e MOs seems like clueless n sometimes dunno what to do... imagine they called consultant to ask,how u feel at that instance...
Initially I wanted to go in
Me too =/

If upgrade to see Dr TanHh, will it also need to wait for very long to see him.

I did encountered doc said she confirmed with her boss when she suggest to me to do so iui first instead of ivf.

Last edited:
Initially I wanted to go in

If upgrade to see Dr TanHh, will it also need to wait for very long to see him.

I do encountered doc said she confirmed with her boss when she suggest to me to do so iui first instead of ivf.
My case being subsidised patient, I was only offered iui first. The MO said if fail then we will discuss about ivf...

Anyway. My colleague who met him says long wait too. Even as pte patient there’s tons of ppl waiting to see him, and the norm was about 1 hour. N sometimes he need to go off during clinic hours for some emergencies...

Hi All, anyone encountered after failed IUI the following mth not ovulating or delay ovulation?
Which type of iui - natural or SO-iui u did? I did natural iui and when it failed, the next cycle ovulation is still quite the usual timing. If it’s SO-iui, maybe is the hormonal adjustments?

Me too =/

Hi.. I’m seeing Dr THH as private and might be starting my ivf cycle in June. I haven’t decide whether to really kickstart this ivf journey cos it’s like quite stressful :(
I tried twice natural iui and failed.. thinking should try so-iui before embarking on ivf.

Which type of iui - natural or SO-iui u did? I did natural iui and when it failed, the next cycle ovulation is still quite the usual timing. If it’s SO-iui, maybe is the hormonal adjustments?

Normal IUI.. Quite usual but still ovulating for that month?

My case being subsidised patient, I was only offered iui first. The MO said if fail then we will discuss about ivf...

Anyway. My colleague who met him says long wait too. Even as pte patient there’s tons of ppl waiting to see him, and the norm was about 1 hour. N sometimes he need to go off during clinic hours for some emergencies...

I think wasn’t offered iui because previously I already given few cycles of clomid with high dosage by private gynae. She was the one who told me to go public hospital to go towards ivf path.

Omg. It might be even longer than 1hrs. I might not have enough annual leave.

Hi.. I’m seeing Dr THH as private and might be starting my ivf cycle in June. I haven’t decide whether to really kickstart this ivf journey cos it’s like quite stressful :(
I tried twice natural iui and failed.. thinking should try so-iui before embarking on ivf.
Ahh, then I think my queue is even longer le... e appt desk haven get back to me =/

Yes still ovulating for that month cos AF came shortly after the TWW and starting the next iui cycle... may I know how was your TTC journey?

Bbsparkle, maybe my ovulation came early without my notice. My AF delay for 3days too. Cause i normally ovulate on d11 but when tested using digital kit double line but no smiley face.

TTC for 2yrs ++.. You?

When ur next IUI cycle and how many mth apart from 1st IUI

Bbsparkle, maybe my ovulation came early without my notice. My AF delay for 3days too. Cause i normally ovulate on d11 but when tested using digital kit double line but no smiley face.

TTC for 2yrs ++.. You?

When ur next IUI cycle and how many mth apart from 1st IUI
I’m currently waiting for O day.. now at Day19 (my cycle got longer i.e. 34 days)... doing natural iui at Raffles with Dr Sheila Loh.

My previous 2 iuis were done at TMC by Dr Paul. Succeeded at 2nd iui but miscarriaged.
Both my hubby and I decided to take a 6 month break and now starting this TTC journey again.. been trying for 2 years too since 34 yo!

Which gynae u seeing right now?

I’m currently waiting for O day.. now at Day19 (my cycle got longer i.e. 34 days)... doing natural iui at Raffles with Dr Sheila Loh.

My previous 2 iuis were done at TMC by Dr Paul. Succeeded at 2nd iui but miscarriaged.
Both my hubby and I decided to take a 6 month break and now starting this TTC journey again.. been trying for 2 years too since 34 yo!

Which gynae u seeing right now?

Why suddenly change doc? I currently with Dr Chin @ Gleneagles 1st iui failed last mth.

U took normal iui or so iui?

Why suddenly change doc? I currently with Dr Chin @ Gleneagles 1st iui failed last mth.

U took normal iui or so iui?
Wanted to have a lady gynae this time for a change :) this cycle will be normal iui... if failed this cycle will go for SO-iui.

How about yours? Your 1st iui is normal iui with trigger jab?

Wanted to have a lady gynae this time for a change :) this cycle will be normal iui... if failed this cycle will go for SO-iui.

How about yours? Your 1st iui is normal iui with trigger jab?

Yes 1st normal iui without jab and etc.

Hub and you both ok as in medical report?

Last edited:
Hi,ladies,first timer here and would like to try iui as well . As it was the first time doing it,is there any recommendation for a gd consulting place?

Thanks.

Yes 1st normal iui without jab and etc.

Hub and you both ok as in medical report?
Me & Hub didn’t really go for thorough fertility checkup.. for hub - mainly is the sperm analysis at the actual iui day. For me - I did a couple of blood test after my miscarriage.. mainly my ovarian reserve is kind of low for my age.

Did u and hub did any specific fertility test?

Hi,ladies,first timer here and would like to try iui as well . As it was the first time doing it,is there any recommendation for a gd consulting place?

Thanks.

Do you have any preference - private or gov and whether going to use the $15k once a lifetime subsidy?

How many years u have been TTC and did u see any gynae before?

Back