IVF/ICSI Support Group

Thanks. I call tmr bah. Not likely I can start my cycle since so close to cny. And my hub haven’t done blood test.

Is this your first cycle?

My hubby did his blood test on the same day I did my first scan. The result was not out in time, so I had to go back the following morning for my medication. Mine is not the first cycle, and my hubby did his blood test around 11am plus. Maybe if your hubby could do his earlier, the result will be out earlier.

Maybe call early in the morning, and check with them.

Yes, there is still government subsidy for 1 more IVF but you may wanna check how much more could you use from your Medisave. There is a cap you could use from your Medisave.

Govt subsidies and Medisave usage is different. Govt subsidies can use for 3 fresh cycle - up to 7.7k while Medisave for fresh can only use 6k, 5k,4K for 3 cycle . Total cap is 15k for lifetime.

So is depend if she got use the Govt co-funding for iui, if have, she had exhaust the Govt grant and next fresh cycle no more co-funding

Last edited:
Govt subsidies and Medisave usage is different. Govt subsidies can use for 3 fresh cycle - up to 7.7k while Medisave for fresh can only use 6k, 5k,4K for 3 cycle . Total cap is 15k for lifetime.

So is depend if she got use the Govt co-funding for iui, if have, she had exhaust the Govt grant and next fresh cycle no more co-funding
Yes have used up for soiui, i rem the nurse say no more cofund, considering whether to go jb to do it however i am worried abt the transportation for both of us and medical concerns...

I started spotting now so menses full flow should be coming tomorrow. I just need call KKHIVF and inform them to arrange appointment for scan? This is my first cycle so very blur on how the procedures are. Why hubby need to blood test? Can i take Blackmores conceive well gold together with the jabs?

@Sevs thanks for sharing gal. I was shortlisting few Dr's in private. Dr Sheila loh@ Raffles Dr Suresh Nair @ Virtus and Dr Cheng @ TMC. Yeah since no more subsidy shud try private. Dr Tan is v nice in kkh but I don't like the factory protocol where u can see him only er et n scan review done by different ppl. N this time my lining was 15mm and I had follicles 29mm 25mm 23 mm but they went ahead. We can't discuss like in private I think. hope to strike with the change. I have made appt to see Dr Sheila vasoo as well as I had 3 mc before. I saw Dr choolani after my 3rd bfp to save the pregnancy but ended in mc also. N he did all the tests about 5k N only my sugar a bit high rest was OK. I need a doctor to monitor my hormone levels before during N after ivf and heard Dr Sheila helps in that. So will be seeking her guidance. Dr Suresh wait shud be quite long I think. But did he have enough time to discuss with you after appts N did u see him in Virtus for all appts er N et.

I see Dr Nair in his own clinic, Dr Nair can do embryo retrievals and transfers in afew hospitals/fertility centre. In Dr Nair's clinic IVF patients are considered priority i feel. No doubt his waiting time is long, but when it is your turn he doesnt rush into things. He takes time to explain and answer your queries if you have any.

He is very careful. For e.g. he'll test hormone levels 1 week after embryo transfer which i think some drs don't. I had bleeding scares twice in my first trimester and he makes sure he sees me on tt day to scan anything wrong anot. Third trimester i had v bad cramps and his nurses wont brush me off saying if theres bleeding den come in.. (which is wad some of my ivf friend encountered in other clinic)

Cheng @ tmc is LC Cheng? U probably might wan to tk into consideration tt LC cheng doesnt do births anymore if im not wrong. (I might be wrong!) U'll need to find another gynae after bfping. Hope this post helps.

I see, then I think I dint use the Government grant when I did my SOIUI that is why I still have the grant for my 3rd IVF

I started spotting now so menses full flow should be coming tomorrow. I just need call KKHIVF and inform them to arrange appointment for scan? This is my first cycle so very blur on how the procedures are. Why hubby need to blood test? Can i take Blackmores conceive well gold together with the jabs?

HI, i took Blackmores conceive well gold + tcm 2 months before my planned IVF cycle in Nov.
After the first scan, i have unusual cysts around the follicles and 1 leading follicle and the rest are much smaller. i was told to do blood test to check on my hormone levels and my planned cycle was cancelled. The nurse asked me why this scan was different compared to 6 months ago. What did i take? I replied honestly and Dr asked me to stop all Blackmores + TCM. Only take folic acid. i managed to start end Dec when the scan results shows normal. No cysts and all small follicles (uno unusual difference).

i think you go for scan and see the results first. If unsure, check with the nurse.

Today went for 1st scan after menses. Was told that I have 3 big follicles and have to take blood test if can proceed. Result came back and doc gave the green light to proceed. But have to see Dr review on this Friday if can continue with this cycle. Anyone has this situation before? This is my 3rd fresh cycle. My previous 2 cycles I never had this issue..

Today went for 1st scan after menses. Was told that I have 3 big follicles and have to take blood test if can proceed. Result came back and doc gave the green light to proceed. But have to see Dr review on this Friday if can continue with this cycle. Anyone has this situation before? This is my 3rd fresh cycle. My previous 2 cycles I never had this issue..

I have this too. Found a cyst in ovarian for the first scan and it was not present in my previous cycle. I googled it and saw that it’s quite common to have cyst (one type is called corpus letum cyst and another is follicular cyst) and it will go away by itself. As long as it does not affect estrogen level it should be okay.

Is it cos your dosage for the stims was high?

HI, i took Blackmores conceive well gold + tcm 2 months before my planned IVF cycle in Nov.
After the first scan, i have unusual cysts around the follicles and 1 leading follicle and the rest are much smaller. i was told to do blood test to check on my hormone levels and my planned cycle was cancelled. The nurse asked me why this scan was different compared to 6 months ago. What did i take? I replied honestly and Dr asked me to stop all Blackmores + TCM. Only take folic acid. i managed to start end Dec when the scan results shows normal. No cysts and all small follicles (uno unusual difference).

i think you go for scan and see the results first. If unsure, check with the nurse.

Thank you for sharing then i better don start the Blackmores conxeive well gold first, going for my first scan tomorrow morning at 8am. Hope can proceed as i have PCOS and my previous scans always have many follicle/cysts around my ovaries. Update you all tomorrow! Jia you!!

I’m on Day 4 of stimms and my bloated abdomen is quite painful at times till I can’t sit or stand for long. It’s also pressing against my bladders. Also experiencing mild shortness of breath like when I walk up the stairs. Is this consider OHSS?

I have this too. Found a cyst in ovarian for the first scan and it was not present in my previous cycle. I googled it and saw that it’s quite common to have cyst (one type is called corpus letum cyst and another is follicular cyst) and it will go away by itself. As long as it does not affect estrogen level it should be okay.
Thks for your reply :) Btw, did you get pregnant for this cycle?

I’m on Day 4 of stimms and my bloated abdomen is quite painful at times till I can’t sit or stand for long. It’s also pressing against my bladders. Also experiencing mild shortness of breath like when I walk up the stairs. Is this consider OHSS?

You may want to call and check with them. I am also on my stimulation jab now and has been feeling very giddy, nauseous and vomited once with slight diarrhoea. Was advised to go to O&G yesterday morning, suspect that I might have mild OHSS and food poisoning...

Hi ladies. Did anyone do natural fet at NUH before? I’m currently on it. I was advise to start first dose of crinone gel at 5-6pm but because I overslept, did it only at 6.50pm. The subsequent doses I’m told to take it every morning. I’m just wondering if there is a special reason for the 5-6pm instructions? Been trying to contact the clinic but no one is picking up the phone, could be too busy.

Hi ladies. Did anyone do natural fet at NUH before? I’m currently on it. I was advise to start first dose of crinone gel at 5-6pm but because I overslept, did it only at 6.50pm. The subsequent doses I’m told to take it every morning. I’m just wondering if there is a special reason for the 5-6pm instructions? Been trying to contact the clinic but no one is picking up the phone, could be too busy.

I don’t think one hr diff will affect anything. 5 to 6pm is just a guide.

I did my first scan yesterday morning, detected 3 big follicles and many small ones but lucky all smaller than 0.9cm thus i can proceed with the jabs yesterday. Learn how to jab myself with the pen, not as scary as i thot it will be. Nurse advise Dr Sadhana was away for vacation from Jan to 24 Feb so my ER will be done by another on shift doctor. Hope i will have some good quality eggs, cross my fingers!

I also have a question, how soon does THH allow a FET cycle after a fresh cycle? Trying to plan my absences for work.
Is 2 menses cycles later ok?

I also have a question, how soon does THH allow a FET cycle after a fresh cycle? Trying to plan my absences for work.
Is 2 menses cycles later ok?
I was in a similar situation and recall him asking if I was looking at doing it the next month so I infer that he allows patients to do it in the next cycle. More often, it’s your own readiness/ comfort level and other considerations like blockout dates, leave or travel plan that some people may choose to do it later. Personally, I think at least 2 cycles will be good to flush out the jabs/hornomes and try to get cycle back on track.

I was in a similar situation and recall him asking if I was looking at doing it the next month so I infer that he allows patients to do it in the next cycle. More often, it’s your own readiness/ comfort level and other considerations like blockout dates, leave or travel plan that some people may choose to do it later. Personally, I think at least 2 cycles will be good to flush out the jabs/hornomes and try to get cycle back on track.
many thanks, miloqueen. it has been years since I did FET.
Definitely not the next immediate cycle, I agree. just starting on my menses, and it's more painful than usual. as you said, I also feel the hormones are not fully flushed out yet. my hair is also still in horrible condition.
but I'm hoping for cycle 2 at end of feb cause a delay of 1 month more. hopefully he will not "object" cause he always tells me not to rush my fresh cycles.

many thanks, miloqueen. it has been years since I did FET.
Definitely not the next immediate cycle, I agree. just starting on my menses, and it's more painful than usual. as you said, I also feel the hormones are not fully flushed out yet. my hair is also still in horrible condition.
but I'm hoping for cycle 2 at end of feb cause a delay of 1 month more. hopefully he will not "object" cause he always tells me not to rush my fresh cycles.
If you are seeing him before the cycle, then good to ask for his recommendation. I have the impression FET is usually open date and when you feel you are ready, just call back on D1 of menses and can do it that cycle. I’m also planning to do FET after CNY so maybe we will be cycle buddies. Hopefully, we nail it this time and win the jackpot!

If you are seeing him before the cycle, then good to ask for his recommendation. I have the impression FET is usually open date and when you feel you are ready, just call back on D1 of menses and can do it that cycle. I’m also planning to do FET after CNY so maybe we will be cycle buddies. Hopefully, we nail it this time and win the jackpot!

I will see him one week before my estimated start date. and by then its too late for my peace of mind.

hopefully the new year brings good tidings to all of us.

Anyone knows what’s the expiry for all the ivf medications? I have leftover from 2016/ 2017 and wonder if I can take them for my frozen cycle later.

Hi ladies,
I have just done my stims and have a few boxes extra of medication left (still in sealed box and storing in the fridge) and would like to sell it away -
❤️ 2 boxes of Gonal-F, 300IU (expiry date: 09/2019)
❤️ 3 boxes of pergoveris, 150 IU/75IU (expiry date: 06/2021)
❤️ 1 piece of cetrotide, 0.25mg (expiry date:10/2019)

PM me if interested. Thanks ☺️

Back