TTC - Trying to Conceive 2017

Visited Dr Tan Siew Buay at Chinatown last Tue, and she said i am very heaty and must take care.. Also shared that I can start using pregnancy test from day 30 onwards and pregnant ladies can book earlier appointments. Got my hopes high and been testing with cheapo test strips since yesterday and today (day 31 and 32) but BFN leh o_O.. Has anyone had experience that TCM 'hinted' pregnancy and it came or did not come true?

Iherb 11% off again!
Rewards Code: HAR2151
Coupon Code: SEPT40
Expiry 5 sep 10am

Been pretty kiasu on eating supplement. =)
i am same as you. so many pills i am popping.
my relatives open up my fridge saw the conceive well inside know i am ttc. but whatever :p

Visited Dr Tan Siew Buay at Chinatown last Tue, and she said i am very heaty and must take care.. Also shared that I can start using pregnancy test from day 30 onwards and pregnant ladies can book earlier appointments. Got my hopes high and been testing with cheapo test strips since yesterday and today (day 31 and 32) but BFN leh o_O.. Has anyone had experience that TCM 'hinted' pregnancy and it came or did not come true?

i will wait for a week after my missed period.

sorry i want to rant again...

i have heavy brown spotting since CD 27~~ but it's not red ! *rolls eyes*

my body is obviously fighting against getting pregnant

sigh...how do i hold a pregnancy in me ?

@%@#%@%#$%#$

btw...since my hubby got me chia seeds earlier, i googled about chia seeds and ttc.
chia seeds somewhat helps in loosing weight (because hubby commented i got slimmer).

and also in ewcm ~! so if anyone ever needs some extra lubricant ;)

Tcm cannot detect pregnancy so early. I ask my tcm before. The pregnancy pulse will only be obvious after few weeks. My tcm can feel appx 5 or 6 weeks preg.

Hi all, got a question.. anyone got the same?

Cm is watery few days after period ends, then never got to ewcm and started drying and becoming pasty... then seem to increase again...

Is this a sign of hormonal imbalance?

Hi

I was supposed to go for fallopian tube scan in kkh. It is an xray.

Anyone know if it is harmful? Need to wait for a few months after the xray scan before trying for baby again?

Feel like skipping this scan..

It is not harmful. U can try one month after the scan. I heard it will help to unblock if yr tube is blocked. I think u better do the test. If is blocked, u still can go for treatment. If it is blocked and u didn't go for scan, it will delay yr ttc process.

Thks for the reply. Im kinda worried..im supposed to call kkh today..still pondering if i shd call.

Im trying for 2nd kid..so i manage to have a 1st one. Been trying for 2yrs..

Hi

I was supposed to go for fallopian tube scan in kkh. It is an xray.

Anyone know if it is harmful? Need to wait for a few months after the xray scan before trying for baby again?

Feel like skipping this scan..

i think you are referring to HSG.
maybe need to check if you are allergic to iodine.
cannot bd before you go for HSG. 1 month from HSG no bd.
the process might be painful for some people.
i insisted my gynae give me pain killers for me to take before i go for HSG.

hope this information helps :)

i am same as you. now trying for no2 also close to 2 years already :(

my no1 was conceived a few months after my HSG. good luck.

I we
i think you are referring to HSG.
maybe need to check if you are allergic to iodine.
cannot bd before you go for HSG. 1 month from HSG no bd.
the process might be painful for some people.
i insisted my gynae give me pain killers for me to take before i go for HSG.

hope this information helps :)

i am same as you. now trying for no2 also close to 2 years already :(

my no1 was conceived a few months after my HSG. good luck.

Hi jayjayqueenie,
yes, i am referring to HSG.

think i will consult the doc again before making another hsg appt

Good morning all. I have now been taking Blackmores Conceive Well Gold for about 1 month and 1 week now.
My last period was on 25th July 2017 (1st day of menses)

Till now it hasn't arrive yet. This morning I used Watson's pregnancy kit to test, it has 2 red lines, which means positive.
BUT I'm scared it's a false alarm as i Googled and read more stories of how other women get fake results too.....

I'm worried its the fertility pills which caused HCG to be in the urine.

What should i do?

I got no pregnancy symtoms....

Edit: I do have some light spotting i think? Few times when i wipe after urinating, there's a very light red/brown stain on the tissue paper.
Btw, I'm an overweight woman so I think my conceiving chances are not high...
WhatsApp Image 2017-09-05 at 7.13.49 AM.jpg

Last edited:
I wish to do hormone test, can anyone advice? Should i go to gynae or just normal family clinic?

Thank you. Anyway, my AF come already, disappointed...

Good morning all. I have now been taking Blackmores Conceive Well Gold for about 1 month and 1 week now.

Till now it hasn't arrive yet. This morning I used Watson's pregnancy kit to test, it has 2 red lines, which means positive.
BUT I'm scared it's a false alarm as i Googled and read more stories of how other women get fake results too.....

What should i do?

Edit: I do have some light spotting i think? Few times when i wipe after urine, there's a very light red/brown stain on the tissue paper.
Btw, I'm an overweight woman so I think my conceiving chances are not high...View attachment 688357

redish spotting might be implantation bleeding. You can have a blood test to check whether you are pregnant or test again few days later.

Anyway, so happy for you to see positive!

redish spotting might be implantation bleeding. You can have a blood test to check whether you are pregnant or test again few days later.

Anyway, so happy for you to see positive!

I'm really scared and don't wanna be disappointed if it's a false alarm... I havent tell my husband yet.
Blood test as in go to a normal GP to do it?

Sorry for the silly questions.. All along in my life i never cared about such things until after I get married and being 28 yrs old this year.

I'm really scared and don't wanna be disappointed if it's a false alarm... I havent tell my husband yet.
Blood test as in go to a normal GP to do it?

Sorry for the silly questions.. All along in my life i never cared about such things until after I get married and being 28 yrs old this year.
Every month is disappointed month for me so far. I dun dare to test, because i know my period will always come on time.
Dun worry, it might be true as you are young.
I am also asking the same question whether to do blood test at GP or gynae.

Every month is disappointed month for me so far. I dun dare to test, because i know my period will always come on time.
Dun worry, it might be true as you are young.
I am also asking the same question whether to do blood test at GP or gynae.

It really sucks to be a woman, need to worry about all these... I wish you all the best of luck to your TTC journey. Don't be stressed, remember to enjoy intimate time with your husband instead of thinking of conceiving.

My friend had advised me to test again in 2 days time with Clear Blue (more expensive lol) to get an accurate result.

I also stopped taking Blackmores CWG since this morning. Fingers crossed!

Sometime i feel like cry or quit my job, i keep thinking to get pregnant everyday, and no mood to work.
haiz....am i too stress? Hope i can have a long rest...

It really sucks to be a woman, need to worry about all these... I wish you all the best of luck to your TTC journey. Don't be stressed, remember to enjoy intimate time with your husband instead of thinking of conceiving.

My friend had advised me to test again in 2 days time with Clear Blue (more expensive lol) to get an accurate result.

I also stopped taking Blackmores CWG since this morning. Fingers crossed!

The double line is very clear. Should be a clear positive! Congrats!

What should i do?

Edit: I do have some light spotting i think? Few times when i wipe after urine, there's a very light red/brown stain on the tissue paper.
Btw, I'm an overweight woman so I think my conceiving chances are not high...View attachment 688357

Wow congrats! Highly that you are pregnant! My 1st born I don't have any symptoms too never had morning sickness throughout my pregnancy too. Your spotting might be implantation bleeding. You cAn using test kit maybe tml or day after.

Sometime i feel like cry or quit my job, i keep thinking to get pregnant everyday, and no mood to work.

Cannot get too stress with baby making de. Stress will greatly reduce the chances.
I also hope to have second one soon but I guess I might have to face disappointment again due to not enough bd plus stress with handling my girl.
Let's Jiayou tog ok and may we have zsnn blessing soon!

Haiz, same here.. every month i see red, i cry a river out. Whenever i talk to my mum about ttc, i also cry a river. Till the extend she haf to scold me that my life is not all about ttc. But i really cant help to think about it. =(

Cannot get too stress with baby making de. Stress will greatly reduce the chances.
I also hope to have second one soon but I guess I might have to face disappointment again due to not enough bd plus stress with handling my girl.
Let's Jiayou tog ok and may we have zsnn blessing soon!
Hope zsnn won't forget my request....pray hard!!

Haiz, same here.. every month i see red, i cry a river out. Whenever i talk to my mum about ttc, i also cry a river. Till the extend she haf to scold me that my life is not all about ttc. But i really cant help to think about it. =(
I know that stress will reduce the chance but still cant help to keep thinking....
Hopeful i will go through this hard time.

Don't say that dear. You MUST relax and keep praying! stress is no good for you and your partner!

The double line is very clear. Should be a clear positive! Congrats!

Wow congrats! Highly that you are pregnant! My 1st born I don't have any symptoms too never had morning sickness throughout my pregnancy too. Your spotting might be implantation bleeding. You cAn using test kit maybe tml or day after.

Thanks ladies :)
I'll update again in 2-3 days time when I test with a better kit again.

Irene...You r not alone...Most of us here face the same issues...Don't stress yrself too much....I also wish to quit my job but no point also staying at home doing nothing...Put some positive vibes and hope all of us here can achieve what we really wanted; a baby...

hi guys! I wanted to share my ivf experience cuz i'm still so excited with this! Well we've been trying to make a bb like for 5 years or so, we thought it was just some minor problem whatever. Finally I went to the doctor to make ALL analyses and figure things out, and the result was that i wasn't fertile, I had NO eggs at all, just empty folices. We live in Malmo and u know it was expensive to do IVF here, so we started to look for clinics in Czech Republic, Russia and Ukraine and finally we chose "New Life" in Ukraine... u know, we came there, made all analyses once again, and they found a perfect egg for me like within a month! Yeah, so i went under the procedure of IVF and in May I gave birth to my son Andreas**** We are so happy now, it was way cheeper than it would be in Sweeden. I only have their e-mail, i don't remember the website unfortunately [email protected]
Do you know this is a SINGAPORE forum???

Irene...You r not alone...Most of us here face the same issues...Don't stress yrself too much....I also wish to quit my job but no point also staying at home doing nothing...Put some positive vibes and hope all of us here can achieve what we really wanted; a baby...
Babe, thanks for your kind words....I must be optimistic and the best are yet to come.

Hi all... i used Clear Blue this morning... Feel happy yet nervous, don't know what to expect...
Can anyone recommend me a good GP in the west?
So after doing blood test, will the GP refer you to a Gynae...?

Sorry for the noob questions!

View attachment 688450
Congrats babe!! The first thing i come to office is wanting to see your good result!!
Hope can have some good luck from you.
But i dun have gynae to recommend at this moment!
Congratulation once again!!

Hi all... i used Clear Blue this morning... Feel happy yet nervous, don't know what to expect...

View attachment 688450
congrats babe!! U want to see pte or sub obstetrician in the west?? U actually can skip GP if u want to see obstetrician privately, instead of subsidize. if u wan subsidy, then have to go polyclinic take referral letter =)

Congrats babe!! The first thing i come to office is wanting to see your good result!!
Hope can have some good luck from you.
But i dun have gynae to recommend at this moment!
Congratulation once again!!

Thanks Irene. I have been "natural" without checking Ovulation dates and all that. So far nothing.
Then I took Blackmores CWG for like 1 week and checked my O week, done the deed 3 times during O week. Don't think about baby or pregnancy. Just relax and enjoy the moment with your partner. That's what i did :)

congrats babe!! U want to see pte or sub obstetrician in the west?? U actually can skip GP if u want to see obstetrician privately, instead of subsidize. if u wan subsidy, then have to go polyclinic take referral letter =)

Thanks babe!
Subsidy will be best. Is there any subsidy if straight away go KKH to do blood test?

GP wont be able to do the test for you. better to go to gyne or KKH if you need to have subsidy.
as you are still at early stage ultrasound scan wont be able to see anything yet so not to worry about this:)
Congrats!

Thanks Irene. I have been "natural" without checking Ovulation dates and all that. So far nothing.
Then I took Blackmores CWG for like 1 week and checked my O week, done the deed 3 times during O week. Don't think about baby or pregnancy. Just relax and enjoy the moment with your partner. That's what i did :)

Thanks babe!
Subsidy will be best. Is there any subsidy if straight away go KKH to do blood test?
babe, i dont think u need blood test. probably scan to check ur pregnancy weeks first, though now might be still early. Hmm i not sure about kkh, but i know about nuh both subsidy and pte =)

Thanks babe!
@babyfats babe, so happy for u! i have been TTC for 9mths, been check o week too but still no news. makes me wonder if i ovulate much later though my cycle usually 27-30. HD and i just start blackmores products yester.

congratulations once again! =)

GP wont be able to do the test for you. better to go to gyne or KKH if you need to have subsidy.
as you are still at early stage ultrasound scan wont be able to see anything yet so not to worry about this:)
Congrats!

My friend recommend me to go Women's Clinic. I'll go there and see how it goes from there :)

@babyfats babe, so happy for u! i have been TTC for 9mths, been check o week too but still no news. makes me wonder if i ovulate much later though my cycle usually 27-30. HD and i just start blackmores products yester.

congratulations once again! =)

Blackmores got some good reviews when i searched online. I think once you having CM, it means it's the O week. jiayou! :)

My friend recommend me to go Women's Clinic. I'll go there and see how it goes from there :)

Blackmores got some good reviews when i searched online. I think once you having CM, it means it's the O week. jiayou! :)
Women's clinic at?

I did have obvious CM and done the deed, but still no good news =(

Last edited:

View attachment 688450

Congrats babyfats! Last time GP nurse told me test kit is over 99% accurate. Actually both test kit and blood test detect the hcg hormone to confirm pregnancy. So I think blood test may be unnecessary. You may want to see gynae to get ultrasound scan to check the sac and you have safe pregnancy. Usually less than 6 weeks is quite difficult to see heartbeat so gynae will tell u to go back for follow up scan after a week or two.

Thanks babe!

Congratulations !!! yea false positive is rare. no need blood tests. of course u can still do it if u want to triple confirm.

Go to polyclinic if u want Subsidy. that's the only way (or Emergency dept, but don't do that) or if u already have subsidy under some other specialty, and happen to be seeing the doc, they will help to refer u (key is u are existing subsidised patient).

if it's first pregnancy, uncomplicated the O&G usually won't see u so fast. maybe after 6-8weeks onwards (from yr last menses)

Congrats babyfats! Last time GP nurse told me test kit is over 99% accurate. Actually both test kit and blood test detect the hcg hormone to confirm pregnancy. So I think blood test may be unnecessary. You may want to see gynae to get ultrasound scan to check the sac and you have safe pregnancy. Usually less than 6 weeks is quite difficult to see heartbeat so gynae will tell u to go back for follow up scan after a week or two.

Yes, but I googled and it said that some fertility pills will cause your urine to contain HCG.
So i decided to stop Blackmores CWG for 2 days, then test again after 48 hours just to make sure. Yesterday I called up a women's clinic, they said next week then can come. Now scan also cannot see anything. haha

Congratulations !!! yea false positive is rare. no need blood tests. of course u can still do it if u want to triple confirm.

Go to polyclinic if u want Subsidy. that's the only way (or Emergency dept, but don't do that) or if u already have subsidy under some other specialty, and happen to be seeing the doc, they will help to refer u (key is u are existing subsidised patient).

if it's first pregnancy, uncomplicated the O&G usually won't see u so fast. maybe after 6-8weeks onwards (from yr last menses)

Polyclinic need to wait very long right? Only being refered by polyclinic then have subsidy..? Which hospital will the polyclinic refer you to?

Sorry for the questions!

@babyfats when i was pregnant with my #1 i have brown discharge up till 8 weeks. in between i switched my gynae and 2nd gynae gave me hormone pills to
stabilize my pregnancy.

Yes, but I googled and it said that some fertility pills will cause your urine to contain HCG.
So i decided to stop Blackmores CWG for 2 days, then test again after 48 hours just to make sure. Yesterday I called up a women's clinic, they said next week then can come. Now scan also cannot see anything. haha

Polyclinic need to wait very long right? Only being refered by polyclinic then have subsidy..? Which hospital will the polyclinic refer you to?

Sorry for the questions!

Hey no worries.

Blackmore is not fertility drugs. just supplements. u shld continue esp if u are not taking folate or folic acid separately. very important to take this during early stages, that's why they always ask women to take before they know they are preggers. u need minimally 800 mcg folate, some will say 400 mcg.

Polyclinic is quite fast these days, u can call ahead for appt. I was just there 2 weeks ago at clementi. i called their contact ctr ard noon because I can't book online and was given 215pm. I arrived on time and was called within 10-15min. early morning or after lunch slots prob move faster.

They will usually refer u to the nearest hospital. so western area will be NUH.
Central and elsewhere prob KKH or SGH. u could try asking if u have preference, eg near yr house or work. maybe they can help (not certain) so prob easier if u go to the area u want.

hope this helps.

Hi all~ can i check if anyone has the semen analysis report stating teratozoospermia and what did the doc advised? The doc only told me there are some abnormality but it is overall ok. I have PCOS and has been TTC for a while.

This month was a rollercoaster. I fell and had an ankle sprained. CD 17 and still not ovulating according to OPK. :( Not sure is it due to the stress on my body (it was really painful). How do you keep your mind free from stress and be happy (even though everyone is practically announcing their pregnancy? It's so easy for people to say ITS TIME TO GET PREGNANT!! But they don't know...

I went for a short trip last month to get everything off my mind and i managed to have +ve OPK but when I'm back, everything seems off. :( #justranting.....

Hi all~ can i check if anyone has the semen analysis report stating teratozoospermia and what did the doc advised? The doc only told me there are some abnormality but it is overall ok. I have PCOS and has been TTC for a while.

This month was a rollercoaster. I fell and had an ankle sprained. CD 17 and still not ovulating according to OPK. :( Not sure is it due to the stress on my body (it was really painful). How do you keep your mind free from stress and be happy (even though everyone is practically announcing their pregnancy? It's so easy for people to say ITS TIME TO GET PREGNANT!! But they don't know...

I went for a short trip last month to get everything off my mind and i managed to have +ve OPK but when I'm back, everything seems off. :( #justranting.....

hey no worries about your husband. fortunately for guys it's not the end of the world. seems like they can produce sperms indefinitely. out of the many abnormal sperms, there's bound to be the winning swimmer.

i was in another support group few years back that shared the supps that guys can take. maybe you can encourage your hubby to take to improve his sperm profile.

my ovulation, period and all are on track. but i can't get pregnant. sigh...

i have been sick for about a week or so now. coming week is my fertile week. i might ovulate soon.

but feeling so sick. i wonder if i should skip this cycle.

imagine, coughing and coughing while bd

it's a mood killer.

hey no worries about your husband. fortunately for guys it's not the end of the world. seems like they can produce sperms indefinitely. out of the many abnormal sperms, there's bound to be the winning swimmer.

i was in another support group few years back that shared the supps that guys can take. maybe you can encourage your hubby to take to improve his sperm profile.

my ovulation, period and all are on track. but i can't get pregnant. sigh...
That's really comforting to hear. But I hope to give him a little 'scare' so he can quit smoking or at least cut down by a bit.

At least you have one thing lesser to worry about! I hope I can stabilize my ovulation soon. I've gone to the extend that I might want to jump into ivf but I know I shouldn't. At least for now.

Back