IVF/ICSI Support Group

Congrats Jill Stuart! V gd result and all the best to your blastocyst!
I have 2 out of 8 eggs fertilized and frozen at day 2. Quite disappointed given the pain I had to go through with the jabs. Prob start in May for FET, hope the embryos will survive the thaw

Thanks ! Don't worry u only need 1 good quality to be your BB! Let's stay strong and rest well till our FET in May. Now I am so worry how to explain to my boss about my next HL.

This is also the common problems for most of the sisters here. Not every employer can understand our difficulties.

Ya true. That's why I was so disappointed when I need to do FET cos in my mind I was thinking I have to take HL for FET again. But I am Glad that I did not do fresh ET as I have Risk of OHSS.

Might not fully utilise the HL for my upcoming FET so that I can go work and occupy myself

Ya true. That's why I was so disappointed when I need to do FET cos in my mind I was thinking I have to take HL for FET again. But I am Glad that I did not do fresh ET as I have Risk of OHSS.

Might not fully utilise the HL for my upcoming FET so that I can go work and occupy myself
As long as your work is not stressful , you may go back to work. If have other choices, better stay home to rest. It is not cheap for a Ivf .

Went back to KHH today. Was informed that the 22 eggs retrieved only 11 will be cultivated to D5 blastocyst. Will be freezing it and thaw it for next FET. Dr advised that it is better to do the FET next month (May) as we need this month to rest and flush out all the medications.

The embryologist will be calling me month end to give me an update of all the embryos. Nurse also told me that my mense is expected to come 10 + days earlier this month.
Hey, may i know why doctor do not do the fresh embryo transfer instead?

Hey, may i know why doctor do not do the fresh embryo transfer instead?

Cos I told doc that I'm suffering chest tightness, breathless and soreness in breast towards the end of my cycle before the trigger jab. So doc told me that I might have Risk of OHSS and he gave me Lurcin Trigger Jab which might reduce the risk of OHSS but the lucrin Jab might affect the lining or something so for sure I can't do fresh transfer.

Hi, my doctor said that my follicle stopped growing last thurs at around 9mm and cancelled my natural fet cycle. Today i tested on opk and detect positive LH line that is quite dark. I am very puzzle can i have LH surge when my follicle is not growing?

Congrats Jill Stuart! V gd result and all the best to your blastocyst!
I have 2 out of 8 eggs fertilized and frozen at day 2. Quite disappointed given the pain I had to go through with the jabs. Prob start in May for FET, hope the embryos will survive the thaw
Jia you and stay positive!

I'm really lucky, during my first fresh when i had only 2 eggs retrieved, i was blessed that both of them also fertilized, or else i think i won't have anything to transfer at all. But still, it was a failed cycle. I'm in the exact same boat as u! On the day of the scheduled transfer, Dr also advised me not to transfer and waste the embryos due to high progesterone level. Since some pple react better to frozen cycle, i can also gamble a bit. Hoping the best for both our upcoming FET, I'm counting down too!

All the best for your FET. Think positive ok. I did mine in 2015 which resulted in my baby boy who is going to be 11mths soon.
But I'm doing a fresh cycle soon.

You were with KKH for the FET? Understand that there is medicated and Natural. Was wondering is it the same? I hope everything will be alright. Guess Dr THH planned carefully for me to prevent me from getting OHSS.

I was under RH. Yup there is medicated and natural FET. Just go with what Dr suggest. Mine was natural but the wait for ovulation can be quite nerve wrecking!

For frozen medicated cycle under kkh,do husband need to come down deposit sperm like fresh cycle? If yes when will the husband need to come down generally?

For frozen medicated cycle under kkh,do husband need to come down deposit sperm like fresh cycle? If yes when will the husband need to come down generally?
Husband doesn't have to come if it's frozen cycle, coz they will be transferring ur already fertilized embryos that were frozen previously. Only us need to go down to ultrasound reviews, scan lining the transfer.

Husband doesn't have to come if it's frozen cycle, coz they will be transferring ur already fertilized embryos that were frozen previously. Only us need to go down to ultrasound reviews, scan lining the transfer.
Ahiciciccic....thanks!!! Now solely me to build up those lining!!!!! Go lining triple goooooo... 1st ting 1st may yhr embies survive thawing process...

Cos I told doc that I'm suffering chest tightness, breathless and soreness in breast towards the end of my cycle before the trigger jab. So doc told me that I might have Risk of OHSS and he gave me Lurcin Trigger Jab which might reduce the risk of OHSS but the lucrin Jab might affect the lining or something so for sure I can't do fresh transfer.
Take care, at least everything is under control.

Hi sister, thyroid check is it from doing blood test? How do we know if we got thyroid?

Ladies,
I am cycling for my 3rd FET and I have been combating hyperthyroid - Grave disease for the past 3.5yrs and
like to share the below on how to interpret our thyroid blood works.

Would also like to highlight that our IVF doctors are reproductive endocrinologist(RE) who takes care of our
reproductive hormones and any other issues related to auto-immunity which affects our fertility should be
handled by an rheumatologist with sub-fertility interest while thyroid issues should be addressed by an endocrinologist.
Therefore, I recommend that each of us should take charge of our own individual profiles and knock on the right doctor doors.

2 Distinct Types of Thyroid Disease :-

1) Hypothyroid aka Hashimoto Disease (Insufficent Thyroid Hormones)
- Elevated TSH with Low T4 readings
- Symptoms : https://www.endocrineweb.com/conditions/thyroid/hypothyroidism-too-little-thyroid-hormone

2) Hyperthyroid aka Grave Disease (Too much thyroid hormones)
- Elevated T4 with Low TSH readings
- Elevated TSH Receptor antibodies (TrAB)
- Symptoms : https://www.endocrineweb.com/conditions/hyperthyroidism/hyperthyroidism-overview-overactive-thyroid

For those ladies who are have implantation failures or repeated MCs, give a check if the following thyriod antibodies
are elevated too :-
a) Thyroid peroxidase antibodies (TPOab)
b) Thyroglobulin antibodies (TgAB)

Anyone who needs more info can drop me a PM.

Hi ladies, I am new to this group and i need some advise.

Some background of my journey:

2 failed IUI back in Dec 2016 and Jan 2017

Started IVF in Feb 2017. I had Gornal F and Lucrin during my IVF cycle. Trigger was on 18 Feb and Egg retrieval was 20 Feb. As my doctor is going to do a frozen transfer for me, I had my period on 5 March (2 weeks after egg retrieval)

Doctor wanted my body to rest first so I am supposed to go back to him during my 2nd period cycle after egg retrieval.

My expected period was supposed to be on 2 April but until today, period has not come. I am very very worried about it. When I called the clinic the nurses told me it is not common. Currently I am on Norethisterone 5mg 2 tablets twice a day to regulate the period. But after 5 days of medication, I still don't get my period.

Has anyone experience this before? Sincerely seeking for advise from you all :)

Hi ladies, I am new to this group and i need some advise.

Some background of my journey:

2 failed IUI back in Dec 2016 and Jan 2017

Started IVF in Feb 2017. I had Gornal F and Lucrin during my IVF cycle. Trigger was on 18 Feb and Egg retrieval was 20 Feb. As my doctor is going to do a frozen transfer for me, I had my period on 5 March (2 weeks after egg retrieval)

Doctor wanted my body to rest first so I am supposed to go back to him during my 2nd period cycle after egg retrieval.

My expected period was supposed to be on 2 April but until today, period has not come. I am very very worried about it. When I called the clinic the nurses told me it is not common. Currently I am on Norethisterone 5mg 2 tablets twice a day to regulate the period. But after 5 days of medication, I still don't get my period.

Has anyone experience this before? Sincerely seeking for advise from you all :)
Hi! my period didn't come when i am still taking norethisterone. it only comes 2 or 3 days after i finish taking the pills.

Thanks for the reply! Appreciate it. May I know how long your period delayed before you start taking Norethisterone? And how long were you on Norethisterone?
No worries. I was on nor-e after my miscarriage, not because my period was delayed. some ladies (not with KKH) took nor-e to time their menses before starting fresh/FET cycle.

No worries. I was on nor-e after my miscarriage, not because my period was delayed. some ladies (not with KKH) took nor-e to time their menses before starting fresh/FET cycle.
So sorry to learn about your loss. Hope you're coping ok now :)

My Nor-e will last me until Thursday. So I should expect my period by Sunday, hopefully? :(

Hey all,

I've had egg retrieval done yesterday (10/4/17) at KKIVF Centre. ET is scheduled for Day 3, which is this Thursday. This is my 2nd cycle after a failed cycle last August. No ET then cos our two embryos were multi nucleated.

Received a call from the embryologist this morning, apparently out of the 7 eggs retrieved, 4 were ICSI'ed, only 1 fertilized. The embryologist told us to submit a fresh semen sample so that they could ICSI the 3 unfertilized eggs again, thus increasing the chances of them getting fertilized.

Is this even possible? Can ICSI be repeated on previously injected eggs?? It didn't cross my mind to ask the embryologist this cos I was scrambling to get to KKIVF Centre earlier today. I can't seem to find any answers on Google.

Thus, I'm wondering if anyone here has had any similar experience. Any inputs would be much appreciated.

Hey all,

I've had egg retrieval done yesterday (10/4/17) at KKIVF Centre. ET is scheduled for Day 3, which is this Thursday. This is my 2nd cycle after a failed cycle last August. No ET then cos our two embryos were multi nucleated.

Received a call from the embryologist this morning, apparently out of the 7 eggs retrieved, 4 were ICSI'ed, only 1 fertilized. The embryologist told us to submit a fresh semen sample so that they could ICSI the 3 unfertilized eggs again, thus increasing the chances of them getting fertilized.

Is this even possible? Can ICSI be repeated on previously injected eggs?? It didn't cross my mind to ask the embryologist this cos I was scrambling to get to KKIVF Centre earlier today. I can't seem to find any answers on Google.

Thus, I'm wondering if anyone here has had any similar experience. Any inputs would be much appreciated.
Just trust the doctors and staffs are trying their best to make it possible. Good luck & baby dust to you.

Hey all,

hi, i believed the embrologist was talking about the balanced 3 eggs that wasnt injected with e soldiers yet. wasnt injected was due to them not mature earlier on. only mature eggs can be injected
perhaps afer 1 day,e eggs mature so they ask u to produce soldiers for injections. at this stage,just follow their suggestion n hope for the best. i personally ganna this sort of call before. husband go again.

hi, i believed the embrologist was talking about the balanced 3 eggs that wasnt injected with e soldiers yet. wasnt injected was due to them not mature earlier on. only mature eggs can be injected
perhaps afer 1 day,e eggs mature so they ask u to produce soldiers for injections. at this stage,just follow their suggestion n hope for the best. i personally ganna this sort of call before. husband go again.
I guess that is a possible explanation. Thanks for putting my mind at rest @connie_hopeful!

Reactions: cen
Hi all, just wanted to share how important supplements are in our IVF journey.

During my first fresh, I had 7 retrieved, 4 fertilised but 2 later arrested so nothing to freeze. I trans 2 and BFN.

Now I'm in 2ww of 2nd fresh, I had 5 retrieved, 4 fertilised (2 graded "very good", 2 graded "good"). Trans 2 and freeze 2.

Between the two cycles I started taking COQ10 (Ubiquinol version), DHEA (not suitable for PCOS ladies), and melatonin (during stim period only). On top of that I continued prenatals. Also, I stopped using perfume and nail polish as these two products are most toxic to fertility.

Don't know if will BFP this round but just wanted to share that the egg quality did seem to improve. I know my numbers are small, but I'm 38 and ovarian reserve is on borderline side, so quality is most important to me now.

Baby dust to everyone! :)

During my first fresh, I had 7 retrieved, 4 fertilised but 2 later arrested so nothing to freeze. I trans 2 and BFN.

Now I'm in 2ww of 2nd fresh, I had 5 retrieved, 4 fertilised (2 graded "very good", 2 graded "good"). Trans 2 and freeze 2.

Between the two cycles I started taking COQ10 (Ubiquinol version), DHEA (not suitable for PCOS ladies), and melatonin (during stim period only). On top of that I continued prenatals. Also, I stopped using perfume and nail polish as these two products are most toxic to fertility.

Don't know if will BFP this round but just wanted to share that the egg quality did seem to improve. I know my numbers are small, but I'm 38 and ovarian reserve is on borderline side, so quality is most important to me now.

DHEA you eating which brand and version? transferred Day 3 ?

hi congrats for your better results. how many months did u take dhea for this cycle? does yr hubby has fertility issues?

I have got a call from the embryologist today.

My ER is on 6/4/17. They told me that I have:

6/4/17 -retrieved 22 eggs,
7/4/17- out of 22 eggs 17 were injected with sperm via ICSI
8/4/17- 14 were fertilized via ICSI
10/4/17- 5 only became blastocyst , the rest were degenerated and discarded
12/4/17- Today only 2 of them able to surivive as Blastocyst via the freezing. 1 of them is fully expanded and 1 of them is medium expanded.

Asked where did the rest of the embryos went to? They said it was discharged as they were degenerating.

In my heart, I was thinking if it is a good choice to put it as blastocyst as I didn't choose to freeze it as D2 or blastocyst.

I really hope the D2 will be able to become my bb.

What will happen if we only left 1 embryo, will doc advise us to do ER again?

Does blastocyst stands a higher chance of becoming a baby?

The embryologist told me D2 embryo is not as strong as blastocyst.

I'm so worry now and really hope I will get a baby and another baby in future.

22 eggs but now only left 2 blastocysts, is the result pathetic?

Embryologist told me the frozen blastocyst will survive 90% of thawing process. May I know do u wait for next menses to do FET or wait another month to do FET?

12/4/17- Today only 2 of them able to surivive as Blastocyst via the freezing. 1 of them is fully expanded and 1 of them is medium expanded.

Asked where did the rest of the embryos went to? They said it was discharged as they were degenerating.

In my heart, I was thinking if it is a good choice to put it as blastocyst as I didn't choose to freeze it as D2 or blastocyst.

Embryologist told me the frozen blastocyst will survive 90% of thawing process. May I know do u wait for next menses to do FET or wait another month to do FET?

I had roughly the same figures as u too. Retrieved 20 eggs. And down to 6 D2 embryos which was frozen. After two transfers which failed, am left with last 2. My doctor doesn't really support blastocyst as believe embryos thrive better in womb. But For my next cycle, if I have more D2, I may consider to wait for blastocyst.

I had roughly the same figures as u too. Retrieved 20 eggs. And down to 6 D2 embryos which was frozen. After two transfers which failed, am left with last 2. My doctor doesn't really support blastocyst as believe embryos thrive better in womb. But For my next cycle, if I have more D2, I may consider to wait for blastocyst.

Is blastocyst better than D2? I'm really so worried.

I'm with KKH too. Had to wait for next next menses to start FET.

For my case:
Fresh 1 - 24 eggs retrieved, 6 D2 frozen. All 6 survived the thaw and grew, so for my case is 100% survival rate.
Fresh 2 - 30 eggs retrieved, 5 blastocysts frozen.

I'm with KKH too. Had to wait for next next menses to start FET.

For my case:
Fresh 1 - 24 eggs retrieved, 6 D2 frozen. All 6 survived the thaw and grew, so for my case is 100% survival rate.
Fresh 2 - 30 eggs retrieved, 5 blastocysts frozen.

So good at least u have 5 blastocysts. So for this menses cycle is not recommended to do FET right?

Back