IVF/ICSI Support Group

I should be doing ER on sat... but hormones result s not good so cannot do a ET this cycle. Need to do frozen..
Hi Deb111,
I did my ER on 9 Jan too but can't do fresh ET as suspected ohss.. hence I'm waiting to do a frozen ET in end Feb. So your booster shot was lucrin? Mine was lucrin.

Hi Deb111,
I did my ER on 9 Jan too but can't do fresh ET as suspected ohss.. hence I'm waiting to do a frozen ET in end Feb. So your booster shot was lucrin? Mine was lucrin.

Booster shot ?? Mine also suspected ohss .. I didn't have a booster shot though. Taking oral med

Booster shot ?? Mine also suspected ohss .. I didn't have a booster shot though. Taking oral med
So sad to not have a fresh transfer.. but many said frozen transfer is not that bad actually as our body is free from all the drugs. The booster shot is the last jab before you go for ER, it's 36 hours prior to your ER.

Hi ladies, will be doing my FET in February. Any tips on what I can do or eat to prepare for my FET?

I'm with Dr Loh at TFC. Does anyone have any experience on his FET process? I'm currently on Progynova and Cardiprin 100 since D2 of my period. Made an appointment to see him on D13. Does anyone roughly know how many days after will he schedule the ET?

Hi

Am wondering if anyone doing IVF at Raffles? Any feedback?

Thanks

Me! I did mine in 2015 with Dr Sheila Loh. It was a very good experience. She's an excellent Dr and her nurse Michelle was wonderful. Didn't have to wait long for most appointments. Scans done by Dr. Blood tests by Michelle. Medicine also dispensed there so you don't have to walk around the hospital.

Me! I did mine in 2015 with Dr Sheila Loh. It was a very good experience. She's an excellent Dr and her nurse Michelle was wonderful. Didn't have to wait long for most appointments. Scans done by Dr. Blood tests by Michelle. Medicine also dispensed there so you don't have to walk around the hospital.
Hi the_spinsterella, hw much u pay in total?

:
So sad to not have a fresh transfer.. but many said frozen transfer is not that bad actually as our body is free from all the drugs. The booster shot is the last jab before you go for ER, it's 36 hours prior to your ER.

Ohhhh I haven taken that yet .. will Have another doc appt on Thurs. yup I was upset when they told me I couldn't do the fresh cycle .. now I can only hope and pray I have quality eggs that can make it thru the freezing and thawing process.

Hi ladies, will be doing my FET in February. Any tips on what I can do or eat to prepare for my FET?

I'm with Dr Loh at TFC. Does anyone have any experience on his FET process? I'm currently on Progynova and Cardiprin 100 since D2 of my period. Made an appointment to see him on D13. Does anyone roughly know how many days after will he schedule the ET?

Depends if u are transferring D3 or D5 embies. Must start putting in utrogestan at least 2 days before the transfer. So could be 3 to 6 days after D13 appt. All the best! :)

:

Ohhhh I haven taken that yet .. will Have another doc appt on Thurs. yup I was upset when they told me I couldn't do the fresh cycle .. now I can only hope and pray I have quality eggs that can make it thru the freezing and thawing process.
Ya I'm so afraid if my survivor can survive the thawing or not... but many said the technology is so advance now, the beanie should be able to survive the thawing... finger cross

Hi ladies, have anyone here taken Biodex for pregnancy and got good results? A friend of mine is recommending me to consume Biodex, product from Malaysia. I have read abt it on the internet but just checking if anyone here can give me good or bad reviews.

Day 13 if your lining is optimal he will arrange for transfer three days later if your embryo is freeze at day 3 or five days later if u doing blasto.

I should be doing ER on sat... but hormones result s not good so cannot do a ET this cycle. Need to do frozen..

I just done the ER today, 10 eggs retrieved. Less than what I have 3 yrs ago. Hopefully all these eggs are healthy and able to develop into blastocyst. Most likely I will be doing endo scratching in Feb and fet in march. What is ur plan?

@HavingHope, don't be sad, fet is actually having higher chance of success nowadays. And like what u said, our body is free from all the drugs..

Cld b implantation cramps. Just relax n enjoy ur cny holidays , dun look much into symptoms so tat u won't feel irritated w every single sign. Like wat my dr said once et, it's really gods will..

Hi, dolly_gal and piglet02. Thanks for your encouragement. Btw, I'm bleeding on my 12dpo (31/01). Immediately call KK and do a Beta-HCG blood test. HCG is low, only 6.4. Next day was full flow of menses. They asked me back for HCG test again today. HCG run up to 25. Due to full flow of menses, they suspect me is Ectopic Pregnancy. Will do a 3rd HCG test again on Saturday and see Dr THH. So sad..... I failed my 1st fresh cycle. :(:(

Hi, dolly_gal and piglet02. Thanks for your encouragement. Btw, I'm bleeding on my 12dpo (31/01). Immediately call KK and do a Beta-HCG blood test. HCG is low, only 6.4. Next day was full flow of menses. They asked me back for HCG test again today. HCG run up to 25. Due to full flow of menses, they suspect me is Ectopic Pregnancy. Will do a 3rd HCG test again on Saturday and see Dr THH. So sad..... I failed my 1st fresh cycle. :(:(
Hugs hugs meow80, i also been thru etopic recently. I know hw u feel. We all need time to go through it. Wait till the blood test results out and see hw it goes.

Hugs meow80, look at the bright side it means tat u can get pregnant so dun give up. Go tiao ur body n prepare for the next round, u will see ur rainbow bb soon.

I just done the ER today, 10 eggs retrieved. Less than what I have 3 yrs ago. Hopefully all these eggs are healthy and able to develop into blastocyst. Most likely I will be doing endo scratching in Feb and fet in march. What is ur plan?

I should be doing the same thing but I have already done my scratching in Jan. Not sure if I need to repeat the process . Which doc are you with ? I will be doing the ER on sat and this is the first time I'm doing ivf so I do not know what to expect and how long I have to wait for the frozen cycle . Doc told me about 2 months ? If that's the case then it will be in Apr ?

Ladies, please advise on how the frozen cycle work ? What happens after ER to the frozen cycle

I see, thank you for the reply! I too had a miscarriage in sept on my last attempt at ivf. Going got my 2nd fresh cycle in feb.
Skippyloo, I'm in the exact same predicament, mc in Sep too with my last IVF. Attempting this monster again in Feb too. Let's be brave and may we emerge victorious! Same to all the cycle mates in Feb!

Almondearie, so many of us are wishing u the best for this BFP. It's great that you're mentally strong, and also well-balanced. Trying hard to be like you as I step into this phase, again. Once again, Jiayou.. We are all with u!

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Forum mobile app

Hi meow80, i was supposed to do ET on the same day as u (we may be waiting together in the waiting area), i even got changed and went into the surgery room. When dr tan came, he suggested that i wait for another 2 days to do blastocyst. So my actual ET is on 21 jan.
Anyway, my menses came, blood test result is negative. The sad part is my remaining 3 embryos did not make it for freezing. So will have to do another fresh cycle.

Last edited:
I should be doing the same thing but I have already done my scratching in Jan. Not sure if I need to repeat the process . Which doc are you with ? I will be doing the ER on sat and this is the first time I'm doing ivf so I do not know what to expect and how long I have to wait for the frozen cycle . Doc told me about 2 months ? If that's the case then it will be in Apr ?

Ladies, please advise on how the frozen cycle work ? What happens after ER to the frozen cycle

U shd be able to do fet in the next cycle. No need to wait too long. For me I haven done the endo scratching so got to wait for Feb cycle to do that and fet in march.

U have to report to the hospital when ur menses come, then will wait for ur ovulation and schedule for the transfer. After the transfer u will be subscribed for the medication to support the pregnancy. BT will be done in 2wks time.

Just received the call from the hospital. Only have 2 eggs fertilised, :( hope that it will grow into blastocysts.. praying hard..

Skippyloo, I'm in the exact same predicament, mc in Sep too with my last IVF. Attempting this monster again in Feb too. Let's be brave and may we emerge victorious! Same to all the cycle mates in Feb!

Almondearie, so many of us are wishing u the best for this BFP. It's great that you're mentally strong, and also well-balanced. Trying hard to be like you as I step into this phase, again. Once again, Jiayou.. We are all with u!

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Forum mobile app

Are u going for fresh or frozen in feb? My menses is coming next week!! I hope for the best!! And good luck to u!

U shd be able to do fet in the next cycle. No need to wait too long. For me I haven done the endo scratching so got to wait for Feb cycle to do that and fet in march.

U have to report to the hospital when ur menses come, then will wait for ur ovulation and schedule for the transfer. After the transfer u will be subscribed for the medication to support the pregnancy. BT will be done in 2wks time.

Just received the call from the hospital. Only have 2 eggs fertilised, :( hope that it will grow into blastocysts.. praying hard..
Dear tinga

Have faith in them...they will definitely grow to beautiful blasts :)

Are u going for fresh or frozen in feb? My menses is coming next week!! I hope for the best!! And good luck to u!
Hi Skippyloo, mine is frozen.. Have abt 4 blasties in the fridge. I'm already into my second week of progynova.. Should be transferring soon depending on how the lining goes.. It is abt 7.3mm now. Oh great.. And yrs is also frozen? I hope for the best for you too!

Hi Skippyloo, mine is frozen.. Have abt 4 blasties in the fridge. I'm already into my second week of progynova.. Should be transferring soon depending on how the lining goes.. It is abt 7.3mm now. Oh great.. And yrs is also frozen? I hope for the best for you too!

No... used up my frosties on last fet. Got to start the fresh cycle all over again! Is ur dr thh?

Hi meow80, i was supposed to do ET on the same day as u (we may be waiting together in the waiting area), i even got changed and went into the surgery room. When dr tan came, he suggested that i wait for another 2 days to do blastocyst. So my actual ET is on 21 jan.
Anyway, my menses came, blood test result is negative. The sad part is my remaining 3 embryos did not make it for freezing. So will have to do another fresh cycle.

Hi g2hong, sorry to hear your bfn. were your 3 embryos sent for freezing at day 5? I failed my 1st fresh this Jan too. THH transferred 2 day 2 embryos and it resulted in a bfn. I have 1 frozen grade 4 left and don't know if I should try to blast it. If it doesn't survive I will have nothing to transfer.

Can I ask if anyone has been through similar predicament? can't decide whether to transfer day 2 or blast for FET after failed fresh.

Hi g2hong, sorry to hear your bfn. were your 3 embryos sent for freezing at day 5? I failed my 1st fresh this Jan too. THH transferred 2 day 2 embryos and it resulted in a bfn. I have 1 frozen grade 4 left and don't know if I should try to blast it. If it doesn't survive I will have nothing to transfer.

Can I ask if anyone has been through similar predicament? can't decide whether to transfer day 2 or blast for FET after failed fresh.

Why don't do another fresh cycle instead? maybe can ask your doc to re-adjust the dosage and see. At least if have some for frozen, then no need to worry if it doesn't survive after thaw then wasted another cycle. if for me, i will go another fresh cycle

Last edited:

Hihi, I also only got 1 d2 frozen left. Never thought abt blasting it. But thinking of going for fresh cycle instead of using it as it may not survive and thought I shld go for a fresh since I'm hitting 35 in a few mths time. Alrdy failed 2 fresh.

Why don't do another fresh cycle instead? maybe can ask your doc to re-adjust the dosage and see. At least if have some for frozen, then no need to worry if it doesn't survive after thaw then wasted another cycle. if for me, i will go another fresh cycle

Thanks for sharing lady081980 and cen, I wasn't looking forward to another round of jabs right after a failed fresh. If the frozen embryo survives then I may not need to go through another round. But I do agree that time is running out and I have to get as many eggs as possible.
If this frozen doesn't survive thaw or blast, will that be considered as a round of FET since we have 3 rounds subsidized?

How many was retrieved?
Did your doc do icsi or self fertilized ?

Hi cheazoo, mine are actually day 4 embryos. Not yet reach the blastocyst stage. The embryologist advise that they need to observe my remaining 3 embryos for another 2 days before they can freeze but they didnt survive so no freezing done at all.
If i were u, i will choose to do a fresh cycle since u only have 1 frozen embryo left. If it didn't survive after thaw or after blast, u will have to skip this cycle. I understand that its not easy to go through all the injections and medications all over again but it gives us another chance to get better quality eggs.

Hihi, I also only got 1 d2 frozen left. Never thought abt blasting it. But thinking of going for fresh cycle instead of using it as it may not survive and thought I shld go for a fresh since I'm hitting 35 in a few mths time. Alrdy failed 2 fresh.

It's such a difficult call, what did your doc advise u? Frozen may have better results since u have not done it before? 35 is not that old, but we only have 3 rounds of subsidized fresh :( do u think resting for a longer time might improve ur body condition and egg quality before jumping into another fresh?

Actually if you have only 1 frozen left, chances are Dr Tan HH will advise you to go for another fresh. That's what happened to me but I was also prepared to go for another fresh after failing my 1st fresh and 1 natural fet. Then, I still had 1 D3 frozen so it makes more sense to go through another round of fresh cycle than risk having nothing to transfer if my D3 doesn't survive for another fet. And when you do a fresh cycle, they will actually transfer using the embryos from your 2nd fresh cycle instead of the existing frozen one. Dr Tan might also tweak your jab dosage or change to a another jab altogether which might actually produce better quality eggs. So now I'm left with a very weird combination of 1xD3 from 1st fresh and 1xBlasto from 2nd fresh. I know its hard to go through rounds of jab again but no pain no gain. Just focus on your ultimate goal (read: Baby!!) and you will bite the bullet and get through it. Jia you!

Actually if you have only 1 frozen left, chances are Dr Tan HH will advise you to go for another fresh. That's what happened to me but I was also prepared to go for another fresh after failing my 1st fresh and 1 natural fet. Then, I still had 1 D3 frozen so it makes more sense to go through another round of fresh cycle than risk having nothing to transfer if my D3 doesn't survive for another fet. And when you do a fresh cycle, they will actually transfer using the embryos from your 2nd fresh cycle instead of the existing frozen one. Dr Tan might also tweak your jab dosage or change to a another jab altogether which might actually produce better quality eggs. So now I'm left with a very weird combination of 1xD3 from 1st fresh and 1xBlasto from 2nd fresh. I know its hard to go through rounds of jab again but no pain no gain. Just focus on your ultimate goal (read: Baby!!) and you will bite the bullet and get through it. Jia you!

Hi milogal88, thanks for sharing your story. Hope u got a bfp on your 2nd fresh? :) how was your response after the change? Doc retrieved 13 eggs from me but only 7 fertilized and 3 usable only.

Hi milogal88, thanks for sharing your story. Hope u got a bfp on your 2nd fresh? :) how was your response after the change? Doc retrieved 13 eggs from me but only 7 fertilized and 3 usable only.

Well, I still failed my 2nd fresh with blast transfer which was a chemical pregnancy actually. Instead of crying over it, we were secretly happy as that was the closest we can get after trying for almost 6 years, failing 7 iui/so-iuis (prior to embarking on ivf), the initial 1st fresh and 1 natural fet. We went on with 2nd medicated fet with blast transfer again which gotten us a bfp finally. Dr Tan HH changed me to be on pergovoris which I felt yield me better quality eggs. It's mostly the quality than quantity that matters. It's also a combination of other factors, body conditioning, acupuncture, taking aspirin and steroids for my thyroid autoimmune issues and a positive mindset which probably helps with the successful implantation subsequently. In all honesty, for each failed cycle I always feel like giving up, giving myself excuses to take a longer break each time and not continue with my TCM sessions. So it really takes a lot of will-power and support from your spouse to help you to get through this. Mind over body ok. You can do it!

Well, I still failed my 2nd fresh with blast transfer which was a chemical pregnancy actually. Instead of crying over it, we were secretly happy as that was the closest we can get after trying for almost 6 years, failing 7 iui/so-iuis (prior to embarking on ivf), the initial 1st fresh and 1 natural fet. We went on with 2nd medicated fet with blast transfer again which gotten us a bfp finally. Dr Tan HH changed me to be on pergovoris which I felt yield me better quality eggs. It's mostly the quality than quantity that matters. It's also a combination of other factors, body conditioning, acupuncture, taking aspirin and steroids for my thyroid autoimmune issues and a positive mindset which probably helps with the successful implantation subsequently. In all honesty, for each failed cycle I always feel like giving up, giving myself excuses to take a longer break each time and not continue with my TCM sessions. So it really takes a lot of will-power and support from your spouse to help you to get through this. Mind over body ok. You can do it!
Such an inspiring story to me at least...ive failed 2 fresh 1 soiui in 2016 already made my world crashed!!! Now i am goin for my 1st medicated fet next month.And may i be so positive as positive as can be after knowing ur story...take care...all the best to me and those who are still in process of holding our miracle ones...

Hugs meow80, look at the bright side it means tat u can get pregnant so dun give up. Go tiao ur body n prepare for the next round, u will see ur rainbow bb soon.

Thanks @dolly_gal and @babymonkey for ur encouragement.
Ytd HCG was upto 59.4. After met Dr Tan. I'm confuse. At 1st what he told us he still unable to confirm the HCG keep running up is becoz of the previous hormone injections or Ectopic pregnancy. He want us back to KK next Sat again. When we going to end the consultant, he told us I'm 4 wk pregnant but due to low HCG and the embryo was not healthy, of course he was not suggest us keep it. I'm confuse it... So now I'm 4wk pregnant or becoz of hormone injection?! o_O

Congrats on your bfp! Admire your determination and never give up attitude, I think it's about waiting for the good embryo to come along. Can't help but feeling disappointed after failed cycle, the fresh queue will take a few months so i will try naturally in the mean time and take tcm to condition my body.

Hi all,

I am new to the Singaporemotherhood.. Had been active in reading rather than posting.

I just went through my oocyte retrieval on Friday. Today is day 2. I had 8 eggs retrieved, 6 are matured. 4 were fertilized, 2 were of good quality and 2 are satisfactory. I am scheduled for ET tomorrow.

Questions are
After the OR, did the nurse inject you with Ovidrel? What is the purpose of that injection. The ward nurse told me to bring the ovidrel back to human redevelopment clinic, in case the nurse need to inject me again. I wonder what's that for exactly.

2nd, are satisfactory eggs able to move towards good eggs.. Or the quality will just remain or deteriorate?

Lastly, I am starting to insert estrogen pills and crinone gel. Does the virgina discharge pinky substance out? Is that normal??

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Back