IVF/ICSI Support Group

@Mrs Chan00
You are starting cycle in Feb too? Hehe. Yes we must jia you together. I thk all IVF patients are so brave! I didn't imagine I would have chosen to do IVF as I have very little tolerance for pain. But I am surprised that I went through series of blood tests, SIS test and etc. During this journey, I have learnt to be more independent. Going KKH by myself and regularly taking care of my body by drinking red dates Logan tea, raspberry tea and eating lesser unhealthy food. I have never thought I would do so much. But I Guess it's all worth. Let's Jia You together!
Hi Jill.... Yes! I starting my 2nd fresh in Feb!:)

Well, I still failed my 2nd fresh with blast transfer which was a chemical pregnancy actually. Instead of crying over it, we were secretly happy as that was the closest we can get after trying for almost 6 years, failing 7 iui/so-iuis (prior to embarking on ivf), the initial 1st fresh and 1 natural fet. We went on with 2nd medicated fet with blast transfer again which gotten us a bfp finally. Dr Tan HH changed me to be on pergovoris which I felt yield me better quality eggs. It's mostly the quality than quantity that matters. It's also a combination of other factors, body conditioning, acupuncture, taking aspirin and steroids for my thyroid autoimmune issues and a positive mindset which probably helps with the successful implantation subsequently. In all honesty, for each failed cycle I always feel like giving up, giving myself excuses to take a longer break each time and not continue with my TCM sessions. So it really takes a lot of will-power and support from your spouse to help you to get through this. Mind over body ok. You can do it!
Congrats!:)

Such an inspiring story to me at least...ive failed 2 fresh 1 soiui in 2016 already made my world crashed!!! Now i am goin for my 1st medicated fet next month.And may i be so positive as positive as can be after knowing ur story...take care...all the best to me and those who are still in process of holding our miracle ones...

Haha I believe there're more inspiring stories from the sisters here plus I'm not a positive person to start with. Just that with the numerous failed cycles does make me see things differently. As long as you've tried your best, don't beat yourself over it. Sometimes, certain things are beyond our control. All the best to you and the sisters here! Sending everyone here loads of baby dusts!

Congrats on your bfp! Admire your determination and never give up attitude, I think it's about waiting for the good embryo to come along. Can't help but feeling disappointed after failed cycle, the fresh queue will take a few months so i will try naturally in the mean time and take tcm to condition my body.

Congrats!:)

Thank you @cheazoo & @Mrs Chan00. Like I always say, IVF is really all about trial and error, luck and perseverance. It's very normal to feel disappointed after a failed cycle especially all the time, money, effort and hopes are invested but with no returns. But treat it as a learning curve and do up some research and discuss with your doc on what can be done or boost your chances for the next cycle.

Thanks. I just hope it's all worth it. You're not nasty, I had the same thought cross my mind just so that I can get some closure. But of course I'm not giving up without a fight. :)

Dear Almondearie,

It's been a while since I read this forum as I'm really quite drained from my morning sickness. Suddenly I thought of you just as I was abt to go to bed. Why?! Cos I rem reading ur post last aug(with 2 other ladies) and rem that u are going through frozen end of last year or Jan. Really hope u can BFP this time round. So decide to log in n read if there's any good news.

I did mine with Dr THH last nov. I started spotting one week before BT. Then I started on that D letter hormone pill(can't rem name) n U letter vaginal insert. I puke so badly due to such high hormones level in me.
My spotting lasted from week 3 to almost week 8. Then Dr Tan told me that he's confident that spotting would stop by end of year(abt week 9). I was thinking.. "haha. What a joke. No signs of stopping, just subsiding" Guess what, it really stopped. It stopped after 3rd hormone jab. I had flu at week 5 n went to see a GP. GP told me that it usually takes 3 hormones jab to stop spotting. He's right. Dr Tan is right too!

I'm almost 15 weeks pregnant now.

Don't be so worried abt ur spotting ok. its common. Hope u will see the heartbeat soon. Once it's there, all is good. Keep us posted. Jia you. I know it's super stressful. Went through it and totally understand. Pray that u will overcome this difficult period too.

Hi AimeeTan, so happy for you! Have a smooth pregnancy k.

Thanks for thinking of me... and encouraging me.

I had 2 bleeding episodes spanning over wk 5 and wk 6. Both tapered off. Going off the baby aspirin 1 or 2 days seemed helpful in helping the blood cease. Still don't know what caused the bleeding but the doctors at a&e r damn chilled about it.

I've had 2 jabs and saw my first heartbeat. But still apprehensive becos of my history. Just taking a day at a time and keeping positive.

Other than the D and the U, I'm on progynova too! And I'm not puking, just nausea. I guess my hormones level was really low to begin with.

Sharing my story so that those who go on baby aspirin have some idea if met with a situation like mine.

Hi, anyone continues to take TCM herbal medicine during your IVF process - both stimulation and after transfer? Or do you just continue with acupuncture but stop taking the herbs? I'm likely to start my first IVF next week when my period reports, so wondering if I should continue the herbs. Thanks.

Just to have a check can I still continue my vitamin like coq10, fertile CM, royal jelly etc while on stimulating? Exercising shouldn't be a problem right ?

Hi, anyone continues to take TCM herbal medicine during your IVF process - both stimulation and after transfer? Or do you just continue with acupuncture but stop taking the herbs? I'm likely to start my first IVF next week when my period reports, so wondering if I should continue the herbs. Thanks.
Hi Lapin,
My doctor does not encourage herbal medicine during IVF process as he doesnt know if the content of the TCM will clash with the IVF anot. but he is fine with acupuncture. suggest you check with your doctor, as i know different doctor got different practice. Btw, may i know where u go for acupuncture?

Hi Lapin,
My doctor does not encourage herbal medicine during IVF process as he doesnt know if the content of the TCM will clash with the IVF anot. but he is fine with acupuncture. suggest you check with your doctor, as i know different doctor got different practice. Btw, may i know where u go for acupuncture?

Thanks for sharing:) I go to dr Zou at AMK for TCM and acupuncture.

Such an inspiring story to me at least...ive failed 2 fresh 1 soiui in 2016 already made my world crashed!!! Now i am goin for my 1st medicated fet next month.And may i be so positive as positive as can be after knowing ur story...take care...all the best to me and those who are still in process of holding our miracle ones...

All the best @hajar for yr medicated FET next mth. I hv been reading yr posts. Good luck!!

Dear all

I am starting my ivf cycle very soon. Feel very moody these days that i have to take the ivf step. Been worried about the ethical/religious issue of having to make a choice to discard bad or unused embryos. I am wondering does anyone struggle with this issue?

Hi,
Any Sister jog during Stim? Or are we not supposed to?

From what I understand from the nurse, they dun encourage exercising as during stim the ovaries are bigger than normal and they mentioned it might get twisted. For me I will just avoid any chance to jeopardize the success chances.

Hi all,

I am new to the Singaporemotherhood.. Had been active in reading rather than posting.

I just went through my oocyte retrieval on Friday. Today is day 2. I had 8 eggs retrieved, 6 are matured. 4 were fertilized, 2 were of good quality and 2 are satisfactory. I am scheduled for ET tomorrow.

Questions are
After the OR, did the nurse inject you with Ovidrel? What is the purpose of that injection. The ward nurse told me to bring the ovidrel back to human redevelopment clinic, in case the nurse need to inject me again. I wonder what's that for exactly.

2nd, are satisfactory eggs able to move towards good eggs.. Or the quality will just remain or deteriorate?

Lastly, I am starting to insert estrogen pills and crinone gel. Does the virgina discharge pinky substance out? Is that normal??

Thanks in advance for any reply.
are you doing your ivf with NUH?

1) i had the ovidrel injection after the retrieval. I asked the nurse and if i recall correctly, she mentioned it was to kickstart the body to produce enough estrogen and progesterone to support the uterine lining development

2) i had satisfactory and good eggs too. Not sure if quality will improve, for mine they actually didn't. maybe the rest can share more

3) i had some pink discharge too and i think that was from the crinone pills which from memory are like a red/pink color.... it freaked me out initially because it can look like spotting! but if you see the discharge usually after the pill insertion, it should be the crinone.

I just had a day surgery to remove the polys. Today was a follow up w the doctor to know the result, however this registrar doctor in kkh say mine the polys not cancerous yet and she is asking me to prevent it for like 3 months by inserting something in thru viginal and This means no menses for like 3 months or don't do anything but this means if grow back, it will spread and be cancerous or eat tablet for 3 months. I am so confused and lost and when I asked this registrar doctor to review, she seem so impatience and raise voice. Wanted asked more but decided not cause so not patience.

I need lose 5 more kg as I gain a lot while I was pregnant w my boy n delivered my boy on jan 2016.

Any of u been thru this and can tell me ur opinion?

Last edited:
I just had a day surgery to remove the polys. Today was a follow up w the doctor to know the result, however this registrar doctor in kkh say mine the polys not cancerous yet and she is asking me to prevent it for like 3 months by inserting something in thru viginal and This means no menses for like 3 months or don't do anything but this means if grow back, it will spread and be cancerous or eat tablet for 3 months. I am so confused and lost and when I asked this registrar doctor to review, she seem so impatience and raise voice. Wanted asked more but decided not cause so not patience.

I need lose 5 more kg as I gain a lot while I was pregnant w my boy n delivered my boy on jan 2016.

Any of u been thru this and can tell me ur opinion?
suggest take your polyps op report to seek 2nd opinion from another pte gynae outside. I had Non cancerous polyps removed last oct and when I saw dr Tan he didn't mention any thing to take or insert or turning cancerous. Sounds like need to verify...but don't start to worry!

suggest take your polyps op report to seek 2nd opinion from another pte gynae outside. I had Non cancerous polyps removed last oct and when I saw dr Tan he didn't mention any thing to take or insert or turning cancerous. Sounds like need to verify...but don't start to worry!

I tot so too. But unsure where to seek second opinion

had my ER on Saturday and till today is day 5 . They have 4 v good and 4 satisfactory eggs but I dun really understand what it means .. is it good to start the frozen cycle immed after the first Menses ? I had OHSS that's why I couldn't do fresh cycle implantation . Anyone can share about the process of the frozen cycle as well ? Thanks

had my ER on Saturday and till today is day 5 . They have 4 v good and 4 satisfactory eggs but I dun really understand what it means .. is it good to start the frozen cycle immed after the first Menses ? I had OHSS that's why I couldn't do fresh cycle implantation . Anyone can share about the process of the frozen cycle as well ? Thanks
Which hospital ru with? Different hospital has different procedures. For kkh, if ur natural FET then no need to take any pills and just go for scan and test for ovulation. If positive, they will arrange for ET according to ur eggs frozen day. If medicated FET then u need to take pills to prepare for lining. I think need to start taking it from day2 of ur menses. Then nurse will ask u to come down for scan around day12-13.

My first scan today show 6 follicles after 9 days of Nor e. Will the number increase with injection or will maintain throughout the ivf cycle?

Which hospital ru with? Different hospital has different procedures. For kkh, if ur natural FET then no need to take any pills and just go for scan and test for ovulation. If positive, they will arrange for ET according to ur eggs frozen day. If medicated FET then u need to take pills to prepare for lining. I think need to start taking it from day2 of ur menses. Then nurse will ask u to come down for scan around day12-13.
Ohhhh I'm with nuh ... cos doc say it takes 6 weeks so I'm not sure why ...

Thanks so much...my only 2 embbies left.pray they survive the thawing process....
All the best to u Hajar, have been following u as well, may u be lucky and we will find success this round!

Rest of ladies, anyone doing transfer this week? Looking for cycle buddies! :)

Ohhhh I'm with nuh ... cos doc say it takes 6 weeks so I'm not sure why ...
Need to wait 6 weeks to start FET or whole process take 6 weeks? When I canceled my fresh cycle, doc said can start when next menses come but my menses messed up that month. So I can only start following month.

I had ohss so my increase was a lot ... I started off day 1 scan with 9 follicles on one side and towards the end I had close to 20

Hope that I have an ideal result like yours. Still hv to go for PGD & cultivate to day5 blast

Last edited:
are you doing your ivf with NUH?

1) i had the ovidrel injection after the retrieval. I asked the nurse and if i recall correctly, she mentioned it was to kickstart the body to produce enough estrogen and progesterone to support the uterine lining development

2) i had satisfactory and good eggs too. Not sure if quality will improve, for mine they actually didn't. maybe the rest can share more

3) i had some pink discharge too and i think that was from the crinone pills which from memory are like a red/pink color.... it freaked me out initially because it can look like spotting! but if you see the discharge usually after the pill insertion, it should be the crinone.

Hihi,

Yes yes.. I did my ivf with NUH. I just went to NUH for the last Ovidrel jab on Monday and they too told me the same thing on the jab as well as the discharge...

Now I wonder how u all manage the 2 weeks wait... I had done 3x of iui before and the 2 weeks wait always come with failure... This time my first ivf.. I am quite worried as I only put in 1 8 cell embryo and managed to only freeze 1 7 cell embryo... Worried but forcing a strong front. I don't know who to confine in, so I came inside here for some support..

All the best to u Hajar, have been following u as well, may u be lucky and we will find success this round!

Rest of ladies, anyone doing transfer this week? Looking for cycle buddies! :)
Well hopefuly....thanks so much...can only pray for the best for embbies to survive thaw process and continue in be positive that is...haha...gd luck for urs tooo......

Hihi,

Yes yes.. I did my ivf with NUH. I just went to NUH for the last Ovidrel jab on Monday and they too told me the same thing on the jab as well as the discharge...

Now I wonder how u all manage the 2 weeks wait... I had done 3x of iui before and the 2 weeks wait always come with failure... This time my first ivf.. I am quite worried as I only put in 1 8 cell embryo and managed to only freeze 1 7 cell embryo... Worried but forcing a strong front. I don't know who to confine in, so I came inside here for some support..
Yes admit that 2weeks wait is a torture.esp after that ends with failure...gota go thru it no choice.haha..some ladies watch alot comedies drama... Etc runningman korean drama anitin comedy la...den again we can nvr let out our itchyness off symptoms googling.hahaha....well all the best to u and us who are still on this journey....take care....

Hihi,

What is a 8 cell and 7 cell ?? How many days is that?

You managed to go for PgD ?? I wanted to but they said not ready ..

yes, i manage to go for PGD, need to pay for the kit before they order from overseas, take within 3 mths for the kit to arrive then can start the ivf. that is during nov~dec'16 time

What is a 8 cell and 7 cell ?? How many days is that?

The embryologist uses no. of cells on a day 3 to determine the quality of the embryo. So for day 3, 8 cell is considered good embryo with of cos other factors. Anyway the embryologist only told me I have 2 good embryos out of the 8 extracted... So she chosen the best of the 2.. Which is the 8 cells... The rest I google to understand more. Hehehe..

The embryologist uses no. of cells on a day 3 to determine the quality of the embryo. So for day 3, 8 cell is considered good embryo with of cos other factors. Anyway the embryologist only told me I have 2 good embryos out of the 8 extracted... So she chosen the best of the 2.. Which is the 8 cells... The rest I google to understand more. Hehehe..

thanks for the explanation .. cos I have been asking the embryologist but I couldn't really understand what's she telling me .. I managed to freeze 3 at day 5 .

If you dun mind me asking.. how much was it ?

9k plus by cash. expire 3 months of opening. also it depend on how many embryo being tested. more than 5, additional of 1k plus biospy ($2800)

i think got 1 lady here also doing PGD, in the end didnt do transfer becos all her embryos are abnormal.

9k plus by cash. expire 3 months of opening. also it depend on how many embryo being tested. more than 5, additional of 1k plus biospy ($2800)

i think got 1 lady here also doing PGD, in the end didnt do transfer becos all her embryos are abnormal.
Wow.. that's a hefty sum .. wishing you best of luck and may yours be healthy and become your Miracle baby

Back