IVF/ICSI Support Group

hi AmieeTen, actually I did test from 6dp3dt and it's a BFP and getting slightly darker at 8dp3dt today! But I'm very cautious as the last cycle, I also BFP-ed but started spotting a few days later and eventually lost the pregnancy a week later. So my short term goal is to make it to beta without any spotting. I am also running to the toilet each time i feel something, paranoid of spotting. let's Jiayou together!!

Congrats!!!!! Wow!!!!! Next few days will be rejoicing over the BFP!

I'm really paranoid of spotting. Last round, I had spotting and it was a BFN. A few friends had spotting and also BFN. Although spotting may still mean BFP, but I think I'll be terrified once I see any. No symptoms better.

Hopefully I'll cruise through till this weekend then will be good chances.

Last edited:

Congrats VK85 on the bfp! This gd news really gives the rest of us courage and hope to continue this path. Any tips on how to get a bfp for those who are going through Ivf?

hi AmieeTen, actually I did test from 6dp3dt and it's a BFP and getting slightly darker at 8dp3dt today! But I'm very cautious as the last cycle, I also BFP-ed but started spotting a few days later and eventually lost the pregnancy a week later. So my short term goal is to make it to beta without any spotting. I am also running to the toilet each time i feel something, paranoid of spotting. let's Jiayou together!!
Yay Congrats Vk85! Happy for you!! So you BFPed last cycle and also this cycle? I just miscarried in September after my first BFP.. Also wondering if I can be so lucky and can get another BFP with my immediate next cycle. Wishing for some luck, and pray that you have a smooth and healthy one this time :)

thank you all! accepting your wishes very cautiously but my heart will not rest till beta. If only they sell beta-kits like how they sell HPTs..sigh.
Yes Finesse9702 I miscarried/had a chemical pregnancy at almost 6 weeks. That was end of June and this is my next cycle. I am just hoping everything goes well. I am so sorry for your loss but hopefully you too can move on positively.

No tips for now cuz don't wanna jinx anything haha but i find healthy eating helps A LOT to increase egg quality. I actually cut down on many 'supplements' cuz didn't want to stress myself up but my results were better. Of course i changed Dr and she tweaked my protocol so that helped too :)

Hi, I did some changes. Firstly, I switched from NUH to KKH. Secondly, started going for acupuncture since June this year. During stimulation period, it's daily acupuncture to get the optimal egg size. Need to be 18mm and above. Whatever yucky medication from tcm, I drank. I'm still drink the 安胎medication from tcm during this 2ww too.

Hubby went for weekly acupuncture and ate or drank whatever yucky medication that tcm gave.

I believe tcm helps a lot for both of us.

This is a tougher fresh cycle due to long waits at KKH and more injections. Hopefully and praying hard for a BFP. Wonder what it feels like to see 2 lines on pregnancy kit. I pray I'll see it real soon.
Hihi which tcm did u go to?

I am with prof Wong.
CHR nurse count for me and tell me will start on 1 Dec.
How about u? Which doc r u with

I am with Dr Stephen Chew. Oh the nurse hasn't counted for me, but she mentioned should be end Nov. You started Nor-E one day earlier than me but jabbing on 1 Dec.. hmm.. then mine should by right be Dec also. Will ask again when I go for endo scratch this week.

hehehe, hoping to see pinkish implantation spotting har! Relax! Some women breeze through with a BFP without symptoms. You could be one of them! Jia you!
Yeah, that is 1 of the tell-tale sign and only happens one-off. And it is the "must-have" sign from my past experiences. I have no exceptional feeling for this cycle so i am keeping my fingers and toes crossed (so that i dun need to try another cycle). Anyway i only transferred 1 early blast, not sure if that is a good one too.

Congrats!!!!! Wow!!!!! Next few days will be rejoicing over the BFP!

I'm really paranoid of spotting. Last round, I had spotting and it was a BFN. A few friends had spotting and also BFN. Although spotting may still mean BFP, but I think I'll be terrified once I see any. No symptoms better.

Hopefully I'll cruise through till this weekend then will be good chances.
For me, i think no symptoms is even worse. Coz i usually feeling nothing for my PMS except upset stomach. If no exceptional feeling, then no different from AF liao. :(
Anyway. my hub read online that this Dr said having cramps and spotting can be good or bad news. So it is best not to symptom-spot and drive ourselves crazy during 2ww.

Hi all, I have embryo transfer yesterday. Can I drink red dates woldberries drink during 2ww? I m eating Brazil nuts n chicken essence too. What other things can eat?

Hi all, I have embryo transfer yesterday. Can I drink red dates woldberries drink during 2ww? I m eating Brazil nuts n chicken essence too. What other things can eat?
can take the drink as it helps to warm the womb. For some ladies, it can be rather heating esp if you add longan. Can alternate the days if you cannot take it. Maintain a high protein diet during this period e.g. egg, fish, beef, pistachio.

Hi thank you both of you. My nervous 2ww started. Haha last night can't even sleep. I used to sleep with face down. Haha
You have to start getting used to sleeping face-up or sideways cuz when it is a bfp, you shouldn't Zzzz face down anymore. I m in 2ww too and waiting for verdict next week. During these 2weeks, do activities you enjoy so that you can divert your attention away from symptoms spotting. Time passes faster. LOL

You have to start getting used to sleeping face-up or sideways cuz when it is a bfp, you shouldn't Zzzz face down anymore. I m in 2ww too and waiting for verdict next week. During these 2weeks, do activities you enjoy so that you can divert your attention away from symptoms spotting. Time passes faster. LOL

Good luck to u. I m watching funny shows for now. Don't know can last how long. Sooner or later will get bored. Haha

Hi, I did some changes. Firstly, I switched from NUH to KKH. Secondly, started going for acupuncture since June this year. During stimulation period, it's daily acupuncture to get the optimal egg size. Need to be 18mm and above. Whatever yucky medication from tcm, I drank. I'm still drink the 安胎medication from tcm during this 2ww too.

Hubby went for weekly acupuncture and ate or drank whatever yucky medication that tcm gave.

I believe tcm helps a lot for both of us.

This is a tougher fresh cycle due to long waits at KKH and more injections. Hopefully and praying hard for a BFP. Wonder what it feels like to see 2 lines on pregnancy kit. I pray I'll see it real soon.

Do you think KKH is better than NUH?
I did my first at RH and I wish I can go RH but it's expensive and no grant! I can't decide between NUH or KKH.
And maybe I'll try TCM then. My last one yield only 1 normally fertilized and even though I BFP with that, now that I want a no 2, I have to start a fresh cycle again. Grrr.

Must be positive ok. Think positive thoughts. Distract yourself and just relax. I took 1 week off after my ET and just relaxed, go shopping etc.

Last edited:
I also in 2ww time next fri is my blood test... try to be relax

I did my first at RH and I wish I can go RH but it's expensive and no grant! I can't decide between NUH or KKH.
And maybe I'll try TCM then. My last one yield only 1 normally fertilized and even though I BFP with that, now that I want a no 2, I have to start a fresh cycle again. Grrr..
I think there are several factors bah... like whether you have chemistry with the doc, distance from home/office to the hospital etc. I have never tried NUH but is pretty ok with KKIVF. Plus KKH is in a central location so quite convenient in a way.

Yeah, that's why i went back to work immediately after ET. Durng weekends i'll just get busy with the household chores. Time really passes fast when you are occupied.
I'm going to do the same. Rest a couple of days then go to work. Waiting for menses to come before calling KKH to trigger my FET. Shucks I forgot, is it call on first full flow day like fresh cycle? Or once start spotting? I've not done FET before. Any advice will be helpful.

And maybe I'll try TCM then. My last one yield only 1 normally fertilized and even though I BFP with that, now that I want a no 2, I have to start a fresh cycle again. Grrr.

Must be positive ok. Think positive thoughts. Distract yourself and just relax. I took 1 week off after my ET and just relaxed, go shopping etc.
Diferent hospital certainly has diferent protocols and treatment plan for u. Its ultimately based on hw the treatment and body reaction.its like trial error kinda tingy..ive failed my treatment with kkh twice.And am now planning to shift to other hospital.some protocols may have impact on u while others may not ..so reali have to go thru it with open mind..positive or negative at the end of it is to achieve our main goal to have our minions in our life...

I'm going to do the same. Rest a couple of days then go to work. Waiting for menses to come before calling KKH to trigger my FET. Shucks I forgot, is it call on first full flow day like fresh cycle? Or once start spotting? I've not done FET before. Any advice will be helpful.
Hi if natural FET then u can call them on full flow day. If medicated then they should already give u med to take starts from day2. Anyway cycle counts as day 1 only when full flow.

Wah...you ladies are superb! During the briefing, the nurse said we have to insert something vaginally 3 times a day during the 2ww right? If going back to work, you all manage to insert? Correct me if I'm wrong as this is my first IVF. Besides that my workplace will count as a 2 weeks HL even when I return to work after a week. I'm in a dilemma if I should take a full 2 weeks of HL or to rest for a week then back to work.

Full flow like fresh cycle then you call KKH..

I am with Dr Stephen Chew. Oh the nurse hasn't counted for me, but she mentioned should be end Nov. You started Nor-E one day earlier than me but jabbing on 1 Dec.. hmm.. then mine should by right be Dec also. Will ask again when I go for endo scratch this week.
I see. What is the reason of doing endo scratch

For me, i think no symptoms is even worse. Coz i usually feeling nothing for my PMS except upset stomach. If no exceptional feeling, then no different from AF liao. :(
Anyway. my hub read online that this Dr said having cramps and spotting can be good or bad news. So it is best not to symptom-spot and drive ourselves crazy during 2ww.

I have not been pregnant before. Thus, not sure how this pinkish implantation look like. But from last night, I had this pinkish discharge(tiny amount) and then brown discharge, looks like some old blood. Dunno if this is the implantation bleeding. I had it last IVF too. But it was chemical pregnancy. Same number of days after transfer as compared to first cycle. It's not those fresh red spotting.

Anyway, like I mentioned, seeing this discharge gave me a nervous breakdown. I cried and couldn't sleep last night.

Hihi, I changed from NUH Prof Wong to KKH Dr THH, as I would like to try a doctor with a bolder approach. I heard from a few friends and consulted some of you at this forum. Quite a lot of people told me that Prof uses a more conservation approach. Fewer eggs are generated. As a result, I had few embryos left.
There were also some ladies who commented on the type of trigger jab that he used. But I wasn't given that jab.

I really generated more eggs and had my first few blasts from KKH( but with tcm this time). But care level at NUH is really remarkable as compared to KKH. At KKH, they operated on factory production model. I can't blame them cos they have a lot more patients. It's hard to get one additional day of mc too. No updates on embryos on daily basis, no bed to rest after ET, nurse don't call u up after ET to ask, n lesser medication support during 2ww and post BT. I really miss the CHR nurses and level of care at NUH. But Dr THH is a important reason why we will stick to KKH eventually. He's truly approachable and experienced.

Anyway, I hope that I'll BFP from this round n no more IVF. My mother told me that one is good enough Liao after she saw what I went through. Think she heartpain to see her daughter going through jabs, acupuncture, yucky medication and stress during 2ww.

I have not been pregnant before. Thus, not sure how this pinkish implantation look like. But from last night, I had this pinkish discharge(tiny amount) and then brown discharge, looks like some old blood. Dunno if this is the implantation bleeding. I had it last IVF too. But it was chemical pregnancy. Same number of days after transfer as compared to first cycle. It's not those fresh red spotting.

Anyway, like I mentioned, seeing this discharge gave me a nervous breakdown. I cried and couldn't sleep last night.
Actually it depends on which day you got the pinkish discharge. If it's like 3DP5DT - 5DP5DT, I would be very happy! It means it's implantation spotting.

Hi, I was on a short protocol at KKH. Retrieved 18 eggs, 16 are matured. By day 3, I have 9 embryos left of grade 4 and 5. They were cultivated to blast. Day 5, I transferred 2 blasts. They are early blast. But my first blasts as I don't have any from first cycle.
Well , that sounds good result , I failed my last fresh cycle with short protocol, I did not response well last round then change to long protocol this , now take 4-5 egg white per day , hope have more eggs to retrieve and cultutive to blast, I also can't remember how many needles plus the acupuncture needles poles on my tummy Liao , and strong mind to resist the favorite food which is not good for egg development , hope everything is worthy when goes to the end. all the best to you .

I also haf 2 tiny pinkish discharge last nite at 2dp4dt. My gynae told mi yesterday is implantation day..not sure is it implantation Bleeding as I last cycle I bfp don't have implantation bleeding

Last edited:
Hihi, I changed from NUH Prof Wong to KKH Dr THH, as I would like to try a doctor with a bolder approach. I heard from a few friends and consulted some of you at this forum. Quite a lot of people told me that Prof uses a more conservation approach. Fewer eggs are generated. As a result, I had few embryos left.
There were also some ladies who commented on the type of trigger jab that he used. But I wasn't given that jab.

I really generated more eggs and had my first few blasts from KKH( but with tcm this time). But care level at NUH is really remarkable as compared to KKH. At KKH, they operated on factory production model. I can't blame them cos they have a lot more patients. It's hard to get one additional day of mc too. No updates on embryos on daily basis, no bed to rest after ET, nurse don't call u up after ET to ask, n lesser medication support during 2ww and post BT. I really miss the CHR nurses and level of care at NUH. But Dr THH is a important reason why we will stick to KKH eventually. He's truly approachable and experienced.

Anyway, I hope that I'll BFP from this round n no more IVF. My mother told me that one is good enough Liao after she saw what I went through. Think she heartpain to see her daughter going through jabs, acupuncture, yucky medication and stress during 2ww.
you've done a very good write up on the differences between NUH and KKH! LOL.

you've done a very good write up on the differences between NUH and KKH! LOL.

Thanks. I thought thoroughly and prayed before making the switch. I also read through the comments and even the old ones in this forum and the other forums.

My mother kept telling me that the doctor is the key person for IVF. Must look for a good one. She kept emphasizing.

It's for reference. I'm sure both centers are very good. Both docs are superb. But it also boils down to which doc you have a better chemistry with. One lady in this forum told me. If you can get as many eggs out when you are young, do it. That seems to sealed the deal and we decided to change.

Some ppl may not agree cos it's quality over quantity. But when age is catching up, it's quantity and quality.

Hey ladies, read this news http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/criteria-set-for-ivf-embryo-screening-trial
I wonder how they will choose couples for this trial? Any ideas?

hi @Wanbaby ,
I think as long the ladies belong to either of two criteria factors, they will be eligible to choose for embryo screening option in 3 hospitals.

Extracted from press release articles:

A woman must be 35 or older, or have experienced at least two failed pregnancies or implants, to take part in a clinical trial to genetically screen embryos before they are implanted.

The National University Hospital (NUH) will be leading the trial, which will start next year. There is no age restriction for women who fall into the second category.

The government-funded study will be conducted at NUH, Singapore General Hospital and KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital, said NUH consultant Lim Min Yu, from its department of obstetrics and gynaecology

Hi mountainbaby! How was the endo scratch? I am going for mine later this week.

Which hosp and Dr are you with? :)

Hi catinthesky, the endo scratch was ok. It is actually like a bad cramp. I sat down to rest for about 10 minutes before moving around. Was ok after tt. Hopefully yours will be too =)

I am at KKH with Dr THH.

can take the drink as it helps to warm the womb. For some ladies, it can be rather heating esp if you add longan. Can alternate the days if you cannot take it. Maintain a high protein diet during this period e.g. egg, fish, beef, pistachio.

May I know how often to drink the read date drink? And how many red dates to put for boiling?

AmieeTan, since it was 5DP5DT, it sounds very positive! Anyway there's nothing we can do even if it's not so we might as well be happy and positive and spread happy vibes to our embies. I am trying to do that though it is very difficult, I must admit.

if you were 5DP5DT yday, you can start POAS thurs or fri. Wishing you all the best and hoping for a healthy BFP for u!

hi @Wanbaby ,
I think as long the ladies belong to either of two criteria factors, they will be eligible to choose for embryo screening option in 3 hospitals.

Extracted from press release articles:

A woman must be 35 or older, or have experienced at least two failed pregnancies or implants, to take part in a clinical trial to genetically screen embryos before they are implanted.

The National University Hospital (NUH) will be leading the trial, which will start next year. There is no age restriction for women who fall into the second category.

The government-funded study will be conducted at NUH, Singapore General Hospital and KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital, said NUH consultant Lim Min Yu, from its department of obstetrics and gynaecology

2 failed implants is regardless fresh and frozen right?

Any ladies here who are doing IVF and also seeing Dr Tan Siew Buoy? Finally seeing her after 6 months of waiting(because i had to change my earlier appt in Aug).

Back