2016/07 July babies

@gan1972
Adding on, the exclusion my client's baby was given was no payout for all gastro-intestinal disorders. This was because of the doctor's secondary diagnosis that her VIRT was due to gastro-intestinal disorders. Even though Doctor verbally told my client that baby is fine. But insurers will look at every word in a medical report.

To me this was a serious exclusion affecting the baby's whole life. Therefore we waited 3 months to get a memo written by the pd himself to certify that the baby does not have any consequential gastro-intestinal conditions resulting from that hospitalization.

Appealing for exclusions to be lifted can be a lengthy process for agents, but please insist that your agent does it properly for you. Be careful of agents who also hastily just want to 'close your case' and not bother about the possibility of exclusions.

Lastly, best is still talk to your agent. He/ she can advise better on his/her company's underwriting guidelines.

i have some BM now. Need some tips. I am using Philip advent double pump. But as I am new, I am using single pump each time.

1. Do u need to be an upright position or tilt forward

2. Must press pump very hard against ur nipples throughout?

3. Can I use one pump for two breasts? Meaning to say mayb 20 mins on left. Then transfer to right breast for another 20min. So bm from both breasts are stored in a container?

i have some BM now. Need some tips. I am using Philip advent double pump. But as I am new, I am using single pump each time.

1. Do u need to be an upright position or tilt forward

2. Must press pump very hard against ur nipples throughout?

3. Can I use one pump for two breasts? Meaning to say mayb 20 mins on left. Then transfer to right breast for another 20min. So bm from both breasts are stored in a container?
I m using spectra, though is double pump, I m using single ... N milk collected from both into same container.no need press the pump hard and for me doesn't matter whether upright or tilt forward...but I think sitting upright will hurt the back? That is how I feel now coz I have been sitting upright too much during the confinement

Reactions: KWL
Since a long time I Nvr post.. But I definitely want to rant abt this.. Yesterday was the worst of my bf career. I had a blocked duct n develop mastitis so super uncomfortable n weak. N my bb has not been cooperative n open her eye big big from 1am to 3am refusing to sleep. N finally when she fall asleep she woke up I am interval of 30 mins.. Really dun wat she want.
At 5am my savior ( my mum)came n ask me y be keep crying. She settle the bb n took hot towel to massage for me.
Finally I am able to fall asleep but the next day which is today is a torturous day. Head spinning pain n the whole day no appetite. Juz feel like lying on the bed..
Now I wake up to pump take medicine . Bb still with mum. From the way I pump, can still feel that the blocked duct not cleared. Bb refused to latch n that is another headache.

Since a long time I Nvr post.. But I definitely want to rant abt this.. Yesterday was the worst of my bf career. I had a blocked duct n develop mastitis so super uncomfortable n weak. N my bb has not been cooperative n open her eye big big from 1am to 3am refusing to sleep. N finally when she fall asleep she woke up I am interval of 30 mins.. Really dun wat she want.
At 5am my savior ( my mum)came n ask me y be keep crying. She settle the bb n took hot towel to massage for me.
Finally I am able to fall asleep but the next day which is today is a torturous day. Head spinning pain n the whole day no appetite. Juz feel like lying on the bed..
Now I wake up to pump take medicine . Bb still with mum. From the way I pump, can still feel that the blocked duct not cleared. Bb refused to latch n that is another headache.
Hot compress n continue to pump to clear out. Jiayou.

I m using spectra, though is double pump, I m using single ... N milk collected from both into same container.no need press the pump hard and for me doesn't matter whether upright or tilt forward...but I think sitting upright will hurt the back? That is how I feel now coz I have been sitting upright too much during the confinement
Gan1972, me too sit too much backache. Now I trying to lie down as much as I can. 1more wk to end confinement. Now slowly take over to clean up bb n change at evening time. Keep up with feeding time. At night n spending time with nos.1 very tiring. Hopefully when bb is older can sleep thru the night. I wish that day come faster.

Just one more question. How long each breast? Asking n feeling concerned Because fresh bm cannot be stored in room temp for more than 4 hrs.

Just one more question. How long each breast? Asking n feeling concerned Because fresh bm cannot be stored in room temp for more than 4 hrs.
Hi for me,I will pump till my breast are soft every 3 hours but now with milk supply established, I m lazier, so I am starting to drag the hours between pump....coz really tired waking up n pump.
After each pump, I will put the milk in fridge or freezer .
Use new container to store milk after each pump.
U can't mix milk from diff pump sessions unless have the milk at same temp. E.g second milk session shouldn't mix with first which is already in the fridge. Can mix after both in fridge n cool

Gan1972, me too sit too much backache. Now I trying to lie down as much as I can. 1more wk to end confinement. Now slowly take over to clean up bb n change at evening time. Keep up with feeding time. At night n spending time with nos.1 very tiring. Hopefully when bb is older can sleep thru the night. I wish that day come faster.
I have been changing n feeding baby whenever confinement lady is busy....yes do find sometimes very tiring spending tine with number one and especially she is very sticky!

Need to massage n keep pumping...
I feel you,.. My baby has been fussing n refusing to sleep for last few nights!

I think this depends on individual milk supply, I used to be pumping 45 mins and now only pump 20-30mins Coz I don't see any milk coming out then I stop.

I pump both breasts at same time for 30mins. Can't do longer as I feel restless after half hr. But after that I enjoy hand express for 2mins each side. Just wanna squeeze out and see the squirts very shiok :p

Last nite seems to be a monstrous night for us.

My bb also started fussing from 9pm-12plus, drank 3 feeds in 4-5hrs compared to 3hrly in the day.

Pooped at 3am and screamed the house down when changing his diaper. And I was not involved bcos I was putting my elder to bed. His 3am cries woke my elder as well so I have 2 kids crying one after the other. Super sleepy now...

For the first week, do u all do latching all the time during the day? How long is each latch? My little one likes to suckle until fall asleep. If u pull in advance, will wail. So I normally wait for the little one to release the nipple. It could be about 1hr. And the demand for next feed in usually less than 1hr.

I got a milk monster

First week did latch more but I was so tired latching her as she could go for hrs if I let her. Max I could latch 1.5hrs and that includes her sleep mode. During paedi appt, I told her the situation and she said that's too long. 20-30min each breast is ok.

So I don't latch her so long anymore. Once she sleeps, I will try to wake her to drink (not just suck for comfort). But then I also know she needs the comfort at times. So will also latch in such case but I only give 20mins comfort suckle as she falls asleep easily while at that. Thank god so far she is alright when I break the latch. Still zzz

And she is never ever full from latching as she falls in n out of sleep. I love the bonding of latch but honestly I don't really have the patience to drag long as I know all I need to give is bottle next and then she will be full and sleep in cot for good.

@KWL looks like we are going thru exact same situation. Bubbles is latching for comfort I suspect, always have to be prompted to suck and is sleepy milk monster.

Since my 2nd night in kkh she has been super needy from 2-6 am, and tires herself out eventually after we top up with formula. I was reluctant to do so initially, but with her jaundice at 210++ levels, no choice, almost every feed is supplemented now, which makes latching an even bigger nightmare as she gets lazy after taking the bottle.

My boobs are also engorged pretty much all the time now, and luckily, had a chance to speak to kkh lactation consultant or i wouldn't know that my nipples were blocked, hence only drips, not sprays. Heck, I didn't even know it was supposed to spray. Spent 2 hrs hand massaging nipples and boobs and finally, a spray! But yield is still low, bb is now 6 days old and I only managed to pump and express 30-40ml (after latch) and it takes an hr to do so with Avent single :(

Have u all joined at breastfeeding mums FB grp?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sgbreastfeedingmums/

V helpful to get real time support too.

With regards to swollen and painful boobs, if it is established that it is not mastitis, apply cold compress first, then latch. This was the advice given to me by the lactation consultant. The logic is, since hot promotes flow, yet the flow can't get out, it makes the swelling worse. So cold compress reduces swelling first , then latching promotes flow, after which less painful then go ahead and warm compress to release the milk. I had to do this a couple of days as my boobs were starting to get hard and painful to massage, and I use Avent cold/hot compress.

Can your bbs sleep well/long after a latch? Wanna find out if this is common. Mine absolutely cannot. She loves to latch (so do I as it is a bonding) but she doesn't get enough intake from latch (fall asleep).

Actually it depends on her at times. If I sleep beside her after latching (if she drinks enough), she will fall asleep. Then both of us can sleep together long till I woke up. Not sure if she finds it secure and she usually sneak up to me.

@redvel - u r brilliant! I love how u converted ur sports bra to a hands free pumping bra, lol!

@KWL - I'm in my second week, still latching almost all the day feeds. I do so so that I don't have to pump in the day. Leh cheh. I try to get away with 2 pumps a day, once in the middle of the night, and once before my massage, else lie on front boobs will hurt. Don't be discouraged by ur yields from expressing, it's still early days. I prefer my manual pump over my medela PISA, I'm just a control monster, I like it fast so manual works for me. When I express, one hand will b holding the pump while the other will be squeezing and massaging the breast gently, I find this helps the milk flow. U can try massaging while pumping. U will get the hang of it gradually. Hang in there!

@snowfern - 30-40 ml after latch is a great step! Good job.

Do U all remember ur average milk output for the first week?

Can I also ask the mummies who have delivered on 1 July - what is ur baby weight gain by now? Thanks!

On a side note, The good and happy thing is I have learnt how to change diapers Liao!

Can I also ask the mummies who have delivered on 1 July - what is ur baby weight gain by now? Thanks!

On a side note, The good and happy thing is I have learnt how to change diapers Liao!
I checked my little record... Day 4 was first time i pumped. 30ml. Next morning pumped 40ml. Now at day 22, I pump 60-110ml. I pumped 5-6x a day. I hope it'll get better. Now half the time have to give FM.

She is 3.5kg now, vs NB 3.065kg.

Haha well done on new milestone! I still remember first time changed diaper I realized I was sweating when done (she was wailing throughout).

I haven't mastered well bottle feeding. Just now halfway she got choked.

Reactions: KWL
Tuna, of course i googled and thanks to Mr Google on the bra idea :p

With the cut out bra, I can really massage both breasts while pumping so save a lot of time! (Rather than massage before pump).

Tuna, of course i googled and thanks to Mr Google on the bra idea :p

With the cut out bra, I can really massage both breasts while pumping so save a lot of time! (Rather than massage before pump).
Gonna try this too. No need to spend a fortune buying a hands free pumping bra, yet achieve the same effect! Super! Thanks for sharing!

Hi mine was 3.2kg last Thursday vs 2.9kg at birth,
Ha I can change diaper but still have occasional accidents such as pee n poo onto bed or me during change!

I belong to the low milk supply group haha my first week only manage to pump 5ml for both side. Now second week I manage to pump 40-50ml. Hopefully next week can have more:)

Hello to c section mummies, how is your recovery ? I still feel pain when I stand up and get off the bed. I also cannot carry my baby and walk around too long.

Hello to c section mummies, how is your recovery ? I still feel pain when I stand up and get off the bed. I also cannot carry my baby and walk around too long.
How many days are you post delivery? I am ok but will feel pain when sneeze...other than that walking carrying baby no issue.
I delivered 1/7 and this is second c section

Last edited:
Just went to The doctor. No progress in The dilation at all. She is suggesting 2 options 1) either 23 or 23 (Edd) July to have a c-sec or, 2) 25 July to induce (Edd +2). But based on my height n weight of bb now, she said 50 percent chance of natural n emergency c-sec. So I have to decide by today.

Have you pop!?

I haven brought my girl to any pd yet so I dunno her weight. I tot the first check up will be around first month when she had her first injection?
I always read that all the babies like comfort latching and it seems like only mine doesn't like comfort latching. She really loves bottle feeding. Think the teat is better than my nipple and the flow is better.
I'm still recovering from my mastitis and think I squeeze my breast till it's quite bruised. Hopefully it recovers soon and I can see a spray of milk coming back again

How many days are you post delivery? I am ok but will feel pain when sneeze...other than that walking carrying baby no issue.
I delivered 1/7 and this is second c section
Two weeks plus, I delivered on 5 July and this is my first c section. Are U still wearing the binder?

Mine had to do first check up at day 12 due to jaundice follow up.

Now we all know verluv doesn't have a weighing scale at home lol.

I checked my little record... Day 4 was first time i pumped. 30ml. Next morning pumped 40ml. Now at day 22, I pump 60-110ml. I pumped 5-6x a day. I hope it'll get better. Now half the time have to give FM.

She is 3.5kg now, vs NB 3.065kg.

Haha well done on new milestone! I still remember first time changed diaper I realized I was sweating when done (she was wailing throughout).

I haven't mastered well bottle feeding. Just now halfway she got choked.

Feeling very encouraged by the support everyone is showering!

Redvel- A very good weight for baby girls! My newborn is also above 3kg and have unlimited demand for milk. Which was why I struggled at the start as husband was against formula milk

As I had little knowledge about breast feeding, ur record helps a lot! I am using hand expression now as my nipples are still very sore from earlier "injuries". I can express about 30-40ml each time now. It is still in drops form but after persistent self-massage, I am getting tiny sprays of milk at times. I think it will improve over time.

I had a normal delivery.

My stitches are starting to give me pain only on Day 6. I cut off painkillers since I was discharged but started eating this morning due to excruciating pain. Anyone same?

And for the lochia, how long does it take to end?

You're definitely on the right track KWL. many times I felt down seeing I could only yield that "little" BM. But so long you pump/latch regularly, and constantly remind yourself that FM doesn't do injustice to your baby, you and your baby are doing just fine. Stress, big or small, is no good for yield ya.

I was facing same as you. I cried on day6 too (the day my jaundice bb was discharged) because my wound down there hurts (plus bad back ache etc). I moved too much during the earlier days and I think I had some abrasion there. I already stopped painkillers before I discharged.

But it heals eventually. The stitches also started to fall off 3 days ago. Today at day23, very slightly spotting only.

Thanks for the encouragement redvel!

I felt better after taking the painkiller. But I still wanna control medicine intake.

Another thing that motivates me - I am losing weight real fast. Have dropped 7kg in 6 days! 5kg away from pre-pregnancy weight.

Talking abt weight loss, not losing weight as fast as with LO but gradually still losing. I think it's becos I am eating better cos CL is a good cook, and I drink all the essence of chicken and bird nest which i skipped the last time.

LO is approx 4.7kg today! Which is almost a pack of rice! No wonder I find my back aching tho I dun carry him much still.

I had my LO crying while changing diapers at 1plus am, end up waking my elder son... So 2 screaming kids is no joke in the late nite. Zzzzzz...

Two weeks plus, I delivered on 5 July and this is my first c section. Are U still wearing the binder?
1st time csect is painful. The wound is raw. Take time to heal. I wear binder. During the day when I need to move ard. At night I took painkiller. This time is my 2nd csect heal faster cos same cut. Now going my 4th wk, I still wearing binder n daytime got chance lie down n rest.

Back