Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Mummies, any recommendation on which baby bath or wash product you have bought or will be buying? I'm pretty wary of products that claim to be natural and mild for bb but when you see the ingredients, they include lauryl sulphate plus a host of strange chemical names. Till now I'm still struggling to find one that has consistent review that it's safe and a favourite among mummies. Hope you ladies can share your choice.
My younger boy has very bad skin. The brands that I like personally is mainly from Australia (all natural): Baby Gaia, Four Cow Farm, Moogoo. Generally baby doesn't need to use a lot of the soap/shampoo, lotion only when their skin is dry.

Mummies, any recommendation on which baby bath or wash product you have bought or will be buying? I'm pretty wary of products that claim to be natural and mild for bb but when you see the ingredients, they include lauryl sulphate plus a host of strange chemical names. Till now I'm still struggling to find one that has consistent review that it's safe and a favourite among mummies. Hope you ladies can share your choice.
Errrr i just wash with water so cfm chemical free haha...

I know newborn can just wash with water but after sometime need to start using bath soap? Actually how old do we start using soap?
When the kid starts to smell! :p Heh Heh..I think when the baby starts to poo alot and you know that water doesnt remove the stink from the butt.

The nurses taught us to put 2 drops of Johnson & Johnson body wash (Can use desired brand) into the bathing water.

When the kid starts to smell! :p Heh Heh..I think when the baby starts to poo alot and you know that water doesnt remove the stink from the butt.

The nurses taught us to put 2 drops of Johnson & Johnson body wash (Can use desired brand) into the bathing water.

Anyway, try to avoid J&J products cos I personally don't feel very comfy using them though some may say it's an old time brand. Just play safe and those with daughters, avoid putting talc powder onto their private parts. Will increase the risk of ovarian cancer. Maybe those with sons, avoid putting talc powder too.

I know the old folks like to put powder onto the butt cos it prevents nappy rash, keep the butt dry, blah blah blah.

I love mustela products. Love the smell. I also put 花露水in the bathing water for her when she was a baby, smells nice n I was told tat it helps to makes mosquitos stay away from her.now she is bigger no longer put in shower water but I put few drops on her hair when wash cos at this age she sweat badly daily so makes her hair smell nicer Lor..

how to convert? sounds good without needing to get both if possible
Those wooden cots usually will give additional bed guard which u can change, put the mattress to the lowest point and convert to toddler bed, essentially it's still the same size, mattress, just that with the bed guard, the toddler can go up and down the bed themselves

cetaphil for baby??

Finally joining the thread - had my second scan today (8+ weeks) and finally see the heartbeat (didn't hear - dr showed me on the monitor). EDD's mid-Nov. Next appointment is for the First Trimester Screening for Down's Syndrome.
Who is ur doctor? Congrats!

anyone got stokke cot?

Me. My #1 slept in it till abt age 2+ till my #2 came along. Quite a good bed but its ex with no side drop if tts what u prefer. Tho it was marketed quite well, those features of converting it to chairs comes with additional cost. Being a current user, i think dun over-spend and buy an average one that cost 300 to 400sgd. It meets the needs too.

Last edited:

My bb used both mustela and kodomo since he was born. Mustela is quite good but price wise considered high. Kodomo is also bad but can be drying on some babies.

As for body lotion, i used physiogel Hypoallergenic. So far so good. It also works well on my niece who has eczema.

Last edited:

My sister recommended california baby so I've bought my stash of California baby wash, shampoo, powder and cream.

Cool! May approaching liao. Very fast one. Ur #1, 2?

This is my no 1.

Ya, sling is hard to use. Personally, I like Tula. It's ergonomic to the baby's hips (Read more on hip dislocation due to wrong types of carriers)

I was thinking of getting Tula too. Is there a separate infant and toddler one or can just buy the insert?

Hi Milogal, which insurance did you buy? I learnt about AIA where it covers mum during pregnancy and then can transfer to child upon birth. For twins, it'll be double the premium. But it only covers up to $100/day of NICU. U have info on AXA?

Hi babe, I got mine from AIA coz my existing policies are under them so I don't want any headache since I'm familiar with my agent as well. Double the premium for twins? I don't remember leh coz it's 2 separate policies for each baby. I've got no info on AXA but the policies should not differ too much but I heard the loading is more for ivf babies. I may be wrong so best to meet up with the AXA agent to find out more.

Just curious; subsidized patients can follow up at TPS? I thought only private patients at TPS, subsided ones at Clinic C (or A).

I'm discharged from subsidised after my doctor consultation yesterday, as I choose Dr Jessie Phoon as my gynae and she only has private clinic at TPS. So my follow up at TPS will be as private patient.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 90
How's everyone doing??!! Gosh! I've been so swamped with work & watching kdrama that I've like lost touch here! haha...guess some of us already hitting 3rd tri??

On a very sian note, the initial helper that i confirmed have to play us out at all times! Now it's back to helper hunting and the clock is ticking!!! Damn worried that I can't find a suitable one.....sign.....

How's everyone doing??!! Gosh! I've been so swamped with work & watching kdrama that I've like lost touch here! haha...guess some of us already hitting 3rd tri??

On a very sian note, the initial helper that i confirmed have to play us out at all times! Now it's back to helper hunting and the clock is ticking!!! Damn worried that I can't find a suitable one.....sign.....
Wa sian, how near are you to the finishing line..?

ya! time really flies!!....excited yet soooo much worries at the same time. and now with a bomb dropped by the helper issue, is additional stress man.
But somehow, it's a blessing in disguise. It's better that she flew kite now than she pang seh you 1/2 way! At least you know this helper is blacklisted.

But somehow, it's a blessing in disguise. It's better that she flew kite now than she pang seh you 1/2 way! At least you know this helper is blacklisted.

sign ya...but i guess nowadays helpers all like that leh.....very hard to get good & reliable ones. going to interview one now & at the same time shop other agencies. damn sianzzzzzzz

Your agency got refund U the amount?

ya....got tell them they gota refund us since it's their helper fly us plane. but they keep stuffing other bio data to us. we did interview some last sun but all CMI....old birds really hard to deal. i mean if we can get suitable ones from them then ok, but we cannot wait indefinitely also. So opening up our options now. if they dun refund, my hubs is going to lodge a complain.

When come to refund sure many issues de. Unless they can provide other good helper for U then is ok. So I suppose we should choose an agency with more database Incase need to change helper.

Do U girls remember your bb weight at week 29?
Wk 28 abt 1.8kg. But my baby on small side at birth.

ya! time really flies!!....excited yet soooo much worries at the same time. and now with a bomb dropped by the helper issue, is additional stress man.
Ya quite a sian issue man... But on the other hand, really better than turn out to be a terrible helper or play u out later. Hope u find one soon....

Just went for 6 wk scan. It is a singleton. I am so relieved. Got small empty water bag next to the baby though. Mb got twin but dropped liao. In any case, i am just happy it is not twins cos don't think can cope with twins + toddler.

Me. My #1 slept in it till abt age 2+ till my #2 came along. Quite a good bed but its ex with no side drop if tts what u prefer. Tho it was marketed quite well, those features of converting it to chairs comes with additional cost. Being a current user, i think dun over-spend and buy an average one that cost 300 to 400sgd. It meets the needs too.
oh thank you!! my hub like it coz is rounded.. he said no edges..

Back