IVF/ICSI Support Group

Oh.. Is there a reason u need to do IVF for this round? U have anymore snow bb left?
We tried >2 years for #2 previously, went for checks and sperm count/motility not very good so was advised to do IVF then. This time we also tried almost 2 years, wasn't as lucky to conceive before IVF.

Should have couple of snow bb.

We tried >2 years for #2 previously, went for checks and sperm count/motility not very good so was advised to do IVF then. This time we also tried almost 2 years, wasn't as lucky to conceive before IVF.

Should have couple of snow bb.
I see! Really admire your courage! After 2 still wish to have more and tried IVF! It really takes a lot for a lady to go thru IVF journey. How many kids u wish to have? ;)

I see! Really admire your courage! After 2 still wish to have more and tried IVF! It really takes a lot for a lady to go thru IVF journey. How many kids u wish to have? ;)
My hubby always wanted 4 kids. I hope for 3 cos I have 2 siblings.. Plus I have 2 boys now, hoping for a girl, if it's a girl, it's a bonus, most importantly is still good health.. Took me a while to decide to try IVF as well. I postponed my IVF few months then decide to go ahead as I know my hubby also like to have another..

My hubby always wanted 4 kids. I hope for 3 cos I have 2 siblings.. Plus I have 2 boys now, hoping for a girl, if it's a girl, it's a bonus, most importantly is still good health.. Took me a while to decide to try IVF as well. I postponed my IVF few months then decide to go ahead as I know my hubby also like to have another..
The Govt will love to know this.. Haha.. May I ask how old are u now?

Dear Friends: I nee help!

I have 3 IVF cycles in USA (1st cycle canceled, 2nd & 3rd failed), one IVF at NUH ivf clinic last monht, all failed.

first IVF cycle was in year 2013: 15 follicles, 9 fertilized to day 3-5, but 6 eggs with abnormal chromosome. 2nd cycle 11 follicles, 9 eggs retrieved, 6-7 grow to day 5, fresh transfer 2 embryos in quality 'above Good', result negative. 3rd cycle in year 2014: 9 follicles, 8 eggs retrieved, 6 grow to day 5, fresh transfer 2, result negative. we didn't do genetic test in last 2 cycles due to no money. Protocol: (300 unit meno + 300 Gonal)

This year Feb 2016 I started IVF with NUH P C Wong, long protocol (superfact at beginning to suppress, then 300 unit meno + 150 gonal). 8 follicles, only 2 eggs retrieved, 1 didn't fertilize, 1 grow to Day-3. negative result.

My progesterone level in USA ivf cycles was found low, in Singapore ivf was give 1ml injection of progesterone after egg retrieval.

My question 1). Is the latest NUH protocol not fitting for me since my age is 42+? seems my body didn't respond well to it. I have many follicles when I was in USA. Why this time only 2 eggs retrieved out of 8 follicles?

2) Which IVF clinic in Singapore has technology in succeed IVF implantation stage, like 'embryo glue'? I called Gleneagle clinic, seems they have 'assistant hatching' but they don't do embryo glue. I hope Singapore has such clinic.

3) Does anyone have 'mini IVF' experience in Singapore? Actually I asked the Doctor for 'mini ivf' first because I heard it will only promote embryo with higher quality by minimize dosage, so 1-2 collections get 4-5 good quality eggs that increase chance of pregnancy for women over age 40.

4) my eggs get hurt badly after latest IVF treatment. My AMH is 1.2. What type of medicine can I eat to help repair damage to eggs and restore egg vitality? I plan eat multi vitamins, CoQ-10, exercise. Can anyone recommend any medication, acupuncture, Yoga? Please let me know their name & location.

5) Does anyone go to 'SAFE clinic in Bangkok'? Does anyone have experience with Doctor WiWat at SAFE?They use 'embryo glue + chromosome screen' technology to help women over age 40 succeed pregnant. this could be my last chance of technical help to get pregnant.

Their website: http://www.safefertilitycenter.com/category/success-rates/

thank you very much in your advice!

I have 3 IVF cycles in USA (1st cycle canceled, 2nd & 3rd failed), one IVF at NUH ivf clinic last monht, all failed.

first IVF cycle was in year 2013: 15 follicles, 9 fertilized to day 3-5, but 6 eggs with abnormal chromosome. 2nd cycle 11 follicles, 9 eggs retrieved, 6-7 grow to day 5, fresh transfer 2 embryos in quality 'above Good', result negative. 3rd cycle in year 2014: 9 follicles, 8 eggs retrieved, 6 grow to day 5, fresh transfer 2, result negative. we didn't do genetic test in last 2 cycles due to no money. Protocol: (300 unit meno + 300 Gonal)

This year Feb 2016 I started IVF with NUH P C Wong, long protocol (superfact at beginning to suppress, then 300 unit meno + 150 gonal). 8 follicles, only 2 eggs retrieved, 1 didn't fertilize, 1 grow to Day-3. negative result.

My progesterone level in USA ivf cycles was found low, in Singapore ivf was give 1ml injection of progesterone after egg retrieval.

My question 1). Is the latest NUH protocol not fitting for me since my age is 42+? seems my body didn't respond well to it. I have many follicles when I was in USA. Why this time only 2 eggs retrieved out of 8 follicles?

2) Which IVF clinic in Singapore has technology in succeed IVF implantation stage, like 'embryo glue'? I called Gleneagle clinic, seems they have 'assistant hatching' but they don't do embryo glue. I hope Singapore has such clinic.

3) Does anyone have 'mini IVF' experience in Singapore? Actually I asked the Doctor for 'mini ivf' first because I heard it will only promote embryo with higher quality by minimize dosage, so 1-2 collections get 4-5 good quality eggs that increase chance of pregnancy for women over age 40.

4) my eggs get hurt badly after latest IVF treatment. My AMH is 1.2. What type of medicine can I eat to help repair damage to eggs and restore egg vitality? I plan eat multi vitamins, CoQ-10, exercise. Can anyone recommend any medication, acupuncture, Yoga? Please let me know their name & location.

5) Does anyone go to 'SAFE clinic in Bangkok'? Does anyone have experience with Doctor WiWat at SAFE?They use 'embryo glue + chromosome screen' technology to help women over age 40 succeed pregnant. this could be my last chance of technical help to get pregnant.

Hi, seems like u have quite a number of embryos from ur 3 cycles in usa. U didn't do frozen transfer? Some people respond better to frozen cycle rather than fresh cycle.

I doubt spore has embryo glue.

You can try accupunture. Currently I'm with dr Zou at amk. U can Google for more infor

I also did endometrial scratch this round.. Did u do for ur previous cycles?

Hi, seems like u have quite a number of embryos from ur 3 cycles in usa. U didn't do frozen transfer? Some people respond better to frozen cycle rather than fresh cycle.

I doubt spore has embryo glue.

You can try accupunture. Currently I'm with dr Zou at amk. U can Google for more infor

I also did endometrial scratch this round.. Did u do for ur previous cycles?

Hi Dreamscometrue: thanks for prompt kind reply! I didn't do frozen transfer at USA due to work schedule. I forgot if any frozen embryo left, probably not or low-quality. no, I didn't know and didn't do the 'endometrial scratch' when I was in USA. Which clinic you did the scratch at Singapore? I'm afraid Singapore has very limited methods in help egg transfer succeed. Doctor here don't pay attention to it!

Any info will help me. I will google Dr Zou at AMK.

Hi Dreamscometrue: thanks for prompt kind reply! I didn't do frozen transfer at USA due to work schedule. I forgot if any frozen embryo left, probably not or low-quality. no, I didn't know and didn't do the 'endometrial scratch' when I was in USA. Which clinic you did the scratch at Singapore? I'm afraid Singapore has very limited methods in help egg transfer succeed. Doctor here don't pay attention to it!

Any info will help me. I will google Dr Zou at AMK.
I'm under prof Wong at nuh. Here they don't promote the scratch due to Low evidenc. In fact he suggested acupuncture to me. I did both anyway..

Hi ladies,
Am 4dp5dt today and tried resuming my normal activities. Went walk my dog for less than 5km. Everything felt normal until about the last 1/5 of the journey where I felt this numbness in my lower right pelvic area. Had to significantly slow down the pace. And even after I sit down to rest, I can feel pulses of the numbness on and off. :oops: Is this something to worry about? Anyone else experience this before during the 2ww?

Hi hi, I'm thinking since this is probably your last ivf, maybe it is crucial to go through PGS screening which Thailand clinics offer. But that's also dependent on how many eggs they can retrieve and fertilize cos many embryos will be filtered out so u will need many eggs to retrieve to have a good success rate of PGS normal embryos for transfer.

I did my PGS at a Bangkok clinic but not at SAFE... Pm me if you want more info. All the best!

I was running until early part of stimulation, switched to swimming until ER and ET. Didn't exercise for about 1 week post ET, after that did light exercises like walking when my discomfort from the procedures decreased.

Physical activities are fine as it helps in blood circulation, however listen to your body and avoid high-impact high-intensity exercises due to potential ovarian torsion (as ovaries will be swollen during stimulation and at least a few days post ET).
Thanks skyangel..

Dear ladies,
Can anyone advise me when will ET will place with medicated FET, as in after the liningscan, approximately how many more days will ET then take place?
Thanks!

Hi everybody. I will soon.b goin for ivf in may bt don realli knw wat to expect n will let nature tk its course. I understand once ivf starts u nd to on off go bk to hosp and might nd to be on lik 2wks med leave? Bt isit necessary? Jz curious

Wann rant a little today also. Knowin that I might haf to tk med leave in the coming mths, I infrmed my colleague that I might b on leave n med appt before hand so she wont b taken aback when the time comes. I wanted to kp this issue private..She started askin if I was preg. I said no. Then she say so u tryin for bb huh? I was lik tinkin to reply or jz ignre her msg. Seriously if ppl giv u a 1 word ans then jz stop probing rite

Dear ladies,
Can anyone advise me when will ET will place with medicated FET, as in after the liningscan, approximately how many more days will ET then take place?
Thanks!
Depends your lining thickness.. If thick enough to proceed then will be the number of days your embryo is. Ie if your embryo is day3, then ET 3 days later.. Something along that line

Hi everybody. I will soon.b goin for ivf in may bt don realli knw wat to expect n will let nature tk its course. I understand once ivf starts u nd to on off go bk to hosp and might nd to be on lik 2wks med leave? Bt isit necessary? Jz curious

Wann rant a little today also. Knowin that I might haf to tk med leave in the coming mths, I infrmed my colleague that I might b on leave n med appt before hand so she wont b taken aback when the time comes. I wanted to kp this issue private..She started askin if I was preg. I said no. Then she say so u tryin for bb huh? I was lik tinkin to reply or jz ignre her msg. Seriously if ppl giv u a 1 word ans then jz stop probing rite

Hi there,
For myself, including the baseline scan I took 4 half days off for the scans and blood test. KKH gave 19 days HL from the day of ER. Of cos if u feel better already and prefer to go back to work early you can do so. For myself I just take the full break as my work can get stressful with lots of OT.

I guess some people just dunno know when to stop their curiosity. Or they probably think we are closer to them than what we actually are. I told my colleague whom I've to pass work to during that 2ww early as well. He asked if I'm ok at first, which I replied not to worry, it's not life threatening issue. Then he went on to act smart and ask "women's issue?" which i simply replied "u don't have to know" to shut him off. But he went on to ask how he should reply if other people ask him. *roll eyes*

:( Can't sleep as stressed over work and 2nd appointment visit to check on uterine lining (still deciding whether to go see gynea tomorrow or Tuesday, hoping another day may increase the uterine lining)

If my HL is confirmed, i'm worried about whether I can complete my work in time. if not confirmed, it means cancelled cycle. stressed....

Not sure whether is it due to the estrogen which is causing my down mood, felt depressed with little support from boss. Ai...

Don get too stress although I knw its hard. My work also quite stress but try not to think bout it after wk

U started wif ivf alrd? I hope everytin will b well wif e procedure n I don realli haf to take full 2wks hl. I told my boss I will b tkin freq leave n med appt n he tot I was preg alrdy.

Just keep your moods up ya!

for the scan to see bb heartbeat, can hubby go in with me? can take video of the ultrasound?
I'm with TFC. Every scan since the first at wk 6, my doc would ask my hubby to standby with his phone to take video then he starts the scan. Do take video if your Ivf center or doc allows because usually the printout is not clear but the video is a blessing. You can review it as many times as you like and can even take snapshots from the video.

I hear of embryo glue but it doesn't seem to be widely used in Sgp. At least The embryologist at TFC where I did my Ivf never mentioned it while they focus on ICSI fertilisation skills, proper treatment (centrifugal wash if needed before swim up and selection) of sperms, appropriate culture medium that support cleavage stage embryos and further culturing to day-5 if needed, and assisted hatching if needed esp for frozen cycles.

We were dealing with poor sperm quality and Ivf was our only hope. No issue on my side but as I started Ivf, I realised advanced age did have an impact on my egg quality. Apart from eating healthy balanced meals, cut out processed foods and toxic household or personal care products as much as possible, I did brisk walking to enhance blood circulation and attended Tcm acupuncture by Dr Seah Ai Wei from Thomson TCM. Supplements I took include prenatal multivitamin tablets which included folic acid, CoQ10, Royal jelly capsule and Dhea (2x25mg daily). Dhea was suggested by doc. I also took high protein rich foods like eggs, chicken or beef essence and also foods that supposedly aid implantation like brazil nuts, walnuts, avocadoes, mixed beans cooked with porridge or with pork bone broth.

I started all these measures after failing my first fresh cycle in Jan 2015. I succeeded at FET in Dec 2015 with eggs from my 3rd fresh cycle in Sep 2015. By then, we saw very good improvement in both hubby's sperms and my egg quality. We managed to have good number of embryos from 3rd fresh to try culture to day-5 blastocysts for the first time. I also did intralipid for my ETs since my 2nd transfers as my doc applies this as prevention measure against possible autoimmune issues. I didn't do endo scratch as my doc advised that my womb is fine with ideal thickness and triple lining for every ET so he feels that I do not need it.

Sgp law doesn't allow PGD testing unless you have genetic medical reason. I was getting frustrated after repeated failures having transferred good or excellent looking embryos but not knowing if they were chromosomally normal. I had already prepared to consult dr Choolani clinic for reproductive immunology testing as well as to do next Ivf at Safe under Dr Wiwat in Bangkok if my last FET wasn't successful. I chose dr Wiwat as I know a number of success stories with him from women who are advanced age and/or with Low or diminished ovarian reserve.

Don't give up hope. This journey requires much perseverance. It is not easy but to stop trying will never get you there. At least we tried and have no regrets.

Last edited:

Just smile and ignore your colleague. If you tell her it's personal and insist on not saying more, she can't do much and will have to leave it as that. Rather keep your mind positive and focused on your journey. It is indeed necessary to attend the scans during ovarian stimulation as doc need to monitor closely when your follicles are ready for maturation. The timing is very critical. As for the 2ww after embryo transfer, you are given 2weeks HL thereabout and it is actually good to rest and have a stress free time during this period esp if you have a more stressed and physically strenuous job. Another option is to take at least the first week after ET off as that would be the critical implantation window. Some also find that being at work can keep their mind occupied and less worrying over the 2ww symptoms and such. All the best :)

Just smile and ignore your colleague. If you tell her it's personal and insist on not saying more, she can't do much and will have to leave it as that. Rather keep your mind positive and focused on your journey. It is indeed necessary to attend the scans during ovarian stimulation as doc need to monitor closely when your follicles are ready for maturation. The timing is very critical. As for the 2ww after embryo transfer, you are given 2weeks HL thereabout and it is actually good to rest and have a stress free time during this period esp if you have a more stressed and physically strenuous job. Another option is to take at least the first week after ET off as that would be the critical implantation window. Some also find that being at work can keep their mind occupied and less worrying over the 2ww symptoms and such. All the best :)
Just wonder why hospital give 4 days HL for frozen ET but 18 days HL for fresh cycle ET?

Just wonder why hospital give 4 days HL for frozen ET but 18 days HL for fresh cycle ET?
At TFC we are given standard HL starting from ET till BT for FET same as fresh cycle except for fresh, HL starts from ER.

I read that for KK, if you like, you can request beyond the standard 4 days HL for FET too if I'm not mistaken. Not sure for the rest.

At TFC we are given standard HL starting from ET till BT for FET same as fresh cycle except for fresh, HL starts from ER.

I read that for KK, if you like, you can request beyond the standard 4 days HL for FET too if I'm not mistaken. Not sure for the rest.
Nuh gave 17 days HL for FET and 19 days for fresh

:( Can't sleep as stressed over work and 2nd appointment visit to check on uterine lining (still deciding whether to go see gynea tomorrow or Tuesday, hoping another day may increase the uterine lining)

If my HL is confirmed, i'm worried about whether I can complete my work in time. if not confirmed, it means cancelled cycle. stressed....

Not sure whether is it due to the estrogen which is causing my down mood, felt depressed with little support from boss. Ai...
Hi, i can fully understand what you are going through now, i was like you for my second cycle. Feeling torn between ivf and work. We wanted to b successfully in both work and ivf..and this thought makes us more stress. Just take one thing at a time. My personal experince told me that we will still weight ivf more than work and we must b prepared that this definitely will affect our work performance. Jia you, girl.

Those who gotten bad bloating, how do you all managed it? My tummy looked 5 months pregnant..
Did you contact your Ivf center about your condition? They should advise what to monitor and at which point you need medical attention. At TFC, if I rem correctly, if abdomen girth extended by beyond 5cm (updated) compared to pre-ET, breathlessness and dark coloured urine, we need to call clinic and they may arrange urgent consultation to check and treat if required. Otherwise continue those measures to relieve OHSS and rest well, avoid heavy load or streneous activities to avoid ovarian torsion. As you are preggy, hcg will continue to rise and you have to bear with it till symptoms improve but definitely need medical attention if symptoms worsen before hcg peaks and decline naturally towards end of first tri.

Last edited:
Did you contact your Ivf center about your condition? They should advise what to monitor and at which point you need medical attention. At TFC, if I rem correctly, if abdomen girth extended by beyond 5inches compared to pre-ET, breathlessness and dark coloured urine, we need to call clinic and they may arrange urgent consultation to check and treat if required. Otherwise continue those measures to relieve OHSS and rest well, avoid heavy load or streneous activities to avoid ovarian torsion. As you are preggy, hcg will continue to rise and you have to bear with it till symptoms improve but definitely need medical attention if symptoms worsen before hcg peaks and decline naturally towards end of first tri.

I have been told 5 cm instead of 5 inches. Think better to contact the center just incase. Take good care Hope2016.

Oh I see, thanks sister

Back