IVF/ICSI Support Group

A state of dilemma. Knowing that even when I try use finish my last 2 frozen embryos, I will not get BFP. Should i be stubborn just go for it?
Should I just forget about the plan just continue life and save-up the money for my other kids instead. No additional siblings does not matter?
I questioned myself if I should stop as am aware the procedure little chance for success. Dr has also askes that I should give up.
Hmm, why do you say that you will not BFP even when you used up your last 2 frozen embryos?

Hi, has anyone tried doing IVF via the natural cycle and succeeded? meaning no injections at all. Thanks!
This is possible. Kkh did told me there is such thg call natural ivf. I think need to take a medicine call lethzole or somethg like that. It only depends on 1 egg to ovulate. N thereaftrr retrieved this 1 egg for ivf

No possible to do IVF without jabs.
That's interesting! Didn't know about it. Read on:

https://www.fertilityauthority.com/treatment/-vitro-fertilization-ivf/natural-cycle-ivf

Natural cycle in vitro fertilization (IVF), which requires no fertility drugs to produce multiple eggs, may represent the “greening” of the fertility field. This approach assumes that pregnancy for the “fertility challenged” can occur using just one embryo, and it is closer to what occurs in nature. But as in traditional IVF, the woman’s egg must be harvested, fertilized and transferred to her uterus. Yet for women who want to avoid the emotional roller coasters and potentially unknown long-term effects of fertility drugs, natural cycle IVF may be an ideal option.

What Is Natural Cycle IVF?
With natural cycle IVF, the menstrual cycle is carefully tracked. Then, during an outpatient procedure, the fertility doctor retrieves one egg through a small abdominal incision, which is typically peformed with a transvaginal ultrasound. The egg is then fertilized with the male partner's sperm or donor sperm in the IVF lab and incubated for several days before the embryo transfer. If successful, the embryo will develop into a healthy baby.

In contrast to regular IVF where women must take hormones to prompt the release of numerous eggs and to ripen them, in most natural IVF cycles only the hormone hCG is used to trigger release of the eggs. This not only saves money in fertility drugs and workup procedures, but it also quells worry about the long-term effects of fertility drugs.

History of Natural Cycle IVF
Natural cycle IVF dates back to the first successful human conceived using IVF. Louise Joy Brown, born July 25, 1978, in Manchester, England, resulted from natural cycle IVF. Her mother, who tried to conceive for nine years, used no artificial hormones to produce the single mature egg. The egg was retrieved during a normal cycle, combined with her father’s sperm, fertilized in a lab and transferred to the mother's uterus, where it implanted.

Today's Use of Natural Cycle IVF
In the 1980s, fertility doctors turned away from the natural IVF method when they discovered that hormone injections could control the timing of ovulation and could also stimulate ovaries to release numerous eggs per cycle. Fertility doctors believed that the more eggs a woman produced each month, the more that could be fertilized, thus increasing her chances of pregnancy.

As ovarian stimulation and retrieval techniques have improved over the last 10 to 15 years, fertility clinics have begun transferring fewer embryos per cycle to reduce chances of multiple births, and there is an increase in the number ofsingle embryo transfers. The success with natural cycle IVF is highly dependent on the age of the women.

This is possible. Kkh did told me there is such thg call natural ivf. I think need to take a medicine call lethzole or somethg like that. It only depends on 1 egg to ovulate. N thereaftrr retrieved this 1 egg for ivf
I took lethrozole to induce ovulation after failing 2 ivfs.. its for trying naturally.. not ivfs

It did help me to ovulate but still no baby, so am doing ivf again.. with 3 jabs.

I took lethrozole to induce/ ovulation after failing 2 ivfs.. its for trying naturally.. not ivfs

It did help me to ovulate but still no baby, so am doing ivf again.. with 3 jabs.

Rainflower, the lethrozole need to take just 1 tab or 1 day 1 tab till the ER? Then still need to go for scans? After ER, everything else is the same as medicated Ivf process? Sorry for asking so much. Curious abt this cos nvr know got such thing.

Hmm, why do you say that you will not BFP even when you used up your last 2 frozen embryos?
Age and chromosomes issue not to my advantage as being reminded many times by Dr.
When now is nearer to date to start, feels draining not want to start. Feels tiring to go thru all again with BFN again.
Any way, fostering also got baby to manage thus not necessary be my own to expect.

Age and chromosomes issue not to my advantage as being reminded many times by Dr.
When now is nearer to date to start, feels draining not want to start. Feels tiring to go thru all again with BFN again.
Any way, fostering also got baby to manage thus not necessary be my own to expect.
Hi sister , just move forwards, don't think too much... Maybe things will be come out with positive

Rainflower, the lethrozole need to take just 1 tab or 1 day 1 tab till the ER? Then still need to go for scans? After ER, everything else is the same as medicated Ivf process? Sorry for asking so much. Curious abt this cos nvr know got such thing.
Oh no, i took letrozole hoping to conceive naturally, so no scan, jabs, ER etc. My problem is irregular ovulation, even with regular menses. So doc introduce this med to me..for my case, i have to take 2 tabs every morning on D2-D6 of menses. Then i use OPK to test positive then can BD hoping for baby.

Wow I am interested to know more since no need to suffer pain through multiple jabs. Any idea about the cost charged by kkh and which type of patient Is suitable for the procedure? :)

Hi letrozole is just like clomid, i don't think is an ivf medicine. It is used to induce ovulation

HI i am new here. Just want to know anyone going to Bangkok to do your IVF protocol?
I will be flying this Fri for ER only for frozen cycle. I hope that i have follicles to collect as i have low AmH and does not react well with the injections.
Hope anyone can share with me if you have done your IVF overseas.

I took lethrozole to induce ovulation after failing 2 ivfs.. its for trying naturally.. not ivfs

Hi sister, i have took letrozole for 5 cycles coz was diagnose having ovulation issue, will be visiting dr sha this month and was wondering if we can request go straight to ivf instead of iui coz heard that i iui has lower chance. I have never to iui before. Will the approve approve this idea ?

Wow I am interested to know more since no need to suffer pain through multiple jabs. Any idea about the cost charged by kkh and which type of patient Is suitable for the procedure? :)
Its offered by my kkh doctor as 1 of e options. He give me 2 options:
1.natural ivf
2. Ivf add saizen
Lethozole is more of to induce ovulation for e natural ivf i think. He wrote it on my case notes this lethozole.

He told me natural ivf maybi can yield better quality egg. But e rate of cancellation is pretty high as this egg must ovulate n reach ideal size. 1 and only ma. I roughly tem e cost is ard $5-6k. Still need or to take this single egg out for my case. Hope this helps. You can checj with yr doc on this

Has applied fostering. Most likely give-up my chance. Should spend more time with the baby care since his just a few months old. Not want to stress my body. Still considering yet to be able to decide.

I believe many of us here are fighting for our first child.
Please cheer up & keep a positive mind ok? At least u alr have e privilge of being a parent!

Has applied fostering. Most likely give-up my chance. Should spend more time with the baby care since his just a few months old. Not want to stress my body. Still considering yet to be able to decide.
I would say take the path of least regret. Whichever decision that makes you comfortable now, think about whether you will have any regrets in future. After you made that decision, focus on the feeling the contentment with what you have and believe your family is complete no matter what is the outcome. Everybody is different and has gone through different experience so if it is me, I am not ready to give up now but I also have my own criteria for deciding what is the final option and when to get there. But you may have other considerations and motivation. Give it some more thought and I hope you will find peace whatever the outcome.

Last edited:
Hi sister, i have took letrozole for 5 cycles coz was diagnose having ovulation issue, will be visiting dr sha this month and was wondering if we can request go straight to ivf instead of iui coz heard that i iui has lower chance. I have never to iui before. Will the approve approve this idea ?
Why not? I mean you are the 1 to decide iui or ivf. My 1st cycle was so-iui n subsequently ivf cycles. Ivf is higher success rate, so actually i agree with u.

I had almost a year of letrozole as last ET was v painful. No preg.. trying 1 last time for ivf, in my 2ww now. Praying hard for bfp.

Dear all

Can i ask what did you ladies do during the dreadful 2WW? Really stay home and only walk around the house? Or did u ladies venture out? I am only on day 2, did my ET on sat, and i am already going crazy. Hahahaha

Dear all

Can i ask what did you ladies do during the dreadful 2WW? Really stay home and only walk around the house? Or did u ladies venture out? I am only on day 2, did my ET on sat, and i am already going crazy. Hahahaha
I really stay home during the 2ww as have no lift where i am living on the 5th floor. Yes, walking ard the house and simple dish washing are my only exercises. I watch tv and read book during 2ww.

You can go out to do 20min brisk walking. Some sis say to do colouring helps to ease the anxiety.

Hi Wynn. I'm doing natural FET this month.
As I am aware and if I got it right, other sistas doing this month include @joellejo, @towkayneo, @babyluck, @h0peful, @j_snow, @kissryl, @Charmant... believe there are more :)
Are you doing fresh cycle?
All sisters doing ivf cycle this month, All the Best & Jia You!
Hi DawnBB,
I'm doing fresh. And would like someone to share their experience and have buddy sisters to keep in contact during this tough journey that I will be facing soon.

As I am aware and if I got it right, other sistas doing this month include @joellejo, @towkayneo, @babyluck, @h0peful, @j_snow, @kissryl, @Charmant... believe there are more :)

May go with my FET this month too.
Initially wanted to do my last cycle in Dec but since doc scheduled me for endo scratch on 20th this month, I think I might just opt to start on my FET when AF reports late Nov.
For me, this will be my 2nd but final attempt for a rainbow baby. I prepared for the do's and don'ts for my first fresh but it didn't work out. I trust that it was for the best.

This round, I won't be doing anything special. Endo scratch was suggested by my doc even though I was pretty sceptical abt it as I felt strongly that the failure was due to abnormal embryos (due to age, approaching 40 in feb) but doc thinks it's implantation issues.
Have come to terms with myself for whatever outcomes. Nevertheless, want to give my embryos their fighting chance. If it didn't happen for me, I know it's not meant to be and I won't look back with regrets.

Whatever it is, hope all sisters can celebrate the joy and cheers of the festive holidays and look forward to 2016!

Dear all

Hello, I also did my transfer on Saturday. I've been home all day so far: eating, sleeping, watching Korean drama, whatsapp with friends, surfing the web, reading entertainment gossip news.... I'm planning to take a walk at botanic gardens tomorrow. It will be my first day out after the transfer. I'm also going for acupuncture this week. I just tell myself I'm on a holiday at home. Relax... I exchanged number with a lady who also did her transfer on Sat and we text each other everyday. Cycle buddies :)

Last edited:
Why not? I mean you are the 1 to decide iui or ivf. My 1st cycle was so-iui n subsequently ivf cycles. Ivf is higher success rate, so actually i agree with u.

I had almost a year of letrozole as last ET was v painful. No preg.. trying 1 last time for ivf, in my 2ww now. Praying hard for bfp.
Have a good rest and hope you get bfp don't stress you have done your best :)

I went straight into ivf without going thru iui, so it is possible for Dr to approve this if your tests results show that iui is not suitable. Btw, I'm with kkh.

My AF finally came last Saturday and I'll be doing my natural FET this month too! Getting nervous :)

Best wishes to all of us! Embies 们,加油啊!

HI i am new here. Just want to know anyone going to Bangkok to do your IVF protocol?
IW will be flying this Fri for ER only for frozen cycle. I hope that i have follicles to collect as i have low AmH and does not react well with the injections.
Hope anyone can share with me if you have done your IVF overseas.

Hi Sherleyuki.....i am a new member to this forum....actually i am planning to go to Bangkok to do ivf also....is it possible for u to provide me so info on your ivf with Bangkok sunce u are already in the ER stage...thanks..

May go with my FET this month too.
Initially wanted to do my last cycle in Dec but since doc scheduled me for endo scratch on 20th this month, I think I might just opt to start on my FET when AF reports late Nov.
For me, this will be my 2nd but final attempt for a rainbow baby. I prepared for the do's and don'ts for my first fresh but it didn't work out. I trust that it was for the best.

This round, I won't be doing anything special. Endo scratch was suggested by my doc even though I was pretty sceptical abt it as I felt strongly that the failure was due to abnormal embryos (due to age, approaching 40 in feb) but doc thinks it's implantation issues.
Have come to terms with myself for whatever outcomes. Nevertheless, want to give my embryos their fighting chance. If it didn't happen for me, I know it's not meant to be and I won't look back with regrets.

Whatever it is, hope all sisters can celebrate the joy and cheers of the festive holidays and look forward to 2016!
You have been such a strong lady & have come this far. IVF treatment is a partnership with your doc so do have faith in him when you decided to heed his advice. Give this round your best shot and I hope for the best for you & your embies. Jia you!

Hi DawnBB,
I'm doing fresh. And would like someone to share their experience and have buddy sisters to keep in contact during this tough journey that I will be facing soon.
Don't worry :) You won't be alone!
Have you started your stim jabs or which stage are u at this cycle? Must stay positive to keep body in best condition to ride through this journey. Persevere & Jia you!

I really stay home during the 2ww as have no lift where i am living on the 5th floor. Yes, walking ard the house and simple dish washing are my only exercises. I watch tv and read book during 2ww.

You can go out to do 20min brisk walking. Some sis say to do colouring helps to ease the anxiety.
@Skmm, @rainflower, @Toolbox, hang in there! Stay positive & root for your embies to stick. Hope to catch your bb dusts soon!

Its offered by my kkh doctor as 1 of e options. He give me 2 options:
1.natural ivf
2. Ivf add saizen
Lethozole is more of to induce ovulation for e natural ivf i think. He wrote it on my case notes this lethozole.

He told me natural ivf maybi can yield better quality egg. But e rate of cancellation is pretty high as this egg must ovulate n reach ideal size. 1 and only ma. I roughly tem e cost is ard $5-6k. Still need or to take this single egg out for my case. Hope this helps. You can checj with yr doc on this
Hi Connie_hopeful, how have you been? You started on natural ivf cycle?

Dear all

Hi, for the cycle I succeeded 2years back, the only time I ventured out was for my tcm acupuncture sessions and a few meals downstairs. Really stay at home most of the time. Watch tv, write blog on my ivf journey (daily tracking of symptoms), surf net, sleep, cook simple meals and washing of dishes.

Followed most of the steps above but did not succeed this time. Dunno y. Probably my elite embryo did not excel and implant.....

May i know which doctor r u with ?
Minnnie dearie, I too went straight to ICSI when results showed that DH swimmers not good for IUI. So I have never done iui. Typically if hubby's swimmers are ok and you do not hv any serious condition other than ovulation, doc like to suggest trying so-iui. You will also hv injections to stimulate follicle growth but with lower dosage then iui to inject sperms into your uterus. The fertilization will be in-vivo, i.e. within your body. Benefit is that the sperm that manage to fertilize the egg is the fittest having won the rest of sperms naturally.

Don't worry too much. Let your doc do the necessary, clarify any questions or doubts you have with your doc and hear her out first. Have faith that doc wants success for you with least burden or stress on you physically, financially, emotionally & mentally as much as you do. Jia you!

Hi, for the cycle I succeeded 2years back, the only time I ventured out was for my tcm acupuncture sessions and a few meals downstairs. Really stay at home most of the time. Watch tv, write blog on my ivf journey (daily tracking of symptoms), surf net, sleep, cook simple meals and washing of dishes.

Followed most of the steps above but did not succeed this time. Dunno y. Probably my elite embryo did not excel and implant.....
In this battle, there is no guarantee of success but we still try our best within our means. Even if it doesn't work this time, no regrets and don't give up yet if you can. I hope you recover soon both physically & mentally to try again when you feel ready. All the best. Stay strong k.

Don't worry :) You won't be alone!
Have you started your stim jabs or which stage are u at this cycle? Must stay positive to keep body in best condition to ride through this journey. Persevere & Jia you!
Not yet, have to call on Wed to book appointment for my 1st scan n jabs.

Hi Connie_hopeful, how have you been? You started on natural ivf cycle?
Hi dawn,

All e best to you. No i havent start anythg yet.
Not on natural ivf. My kkh doctor has left. I have put kkh on hold for e moment.

Currently, Discussing with my boss on e option of unpaid leave. Thereafter will be plugging courage n $ to take a gamble n embark on my fresh journey soon. Ya still trying for a #1...

Sort of last try for us liao.

Sisters who had been thru multiple cycles and/or having their last cycle, thank u all for sharing your experiences. Your strength throughout the ttc journey is commendable cos gotta bear the pain of injection and sore body parts, dreading the long 2ww and worrying symptoms (or no symptoms) to confirm +ve BT... they say mom is the best and the strongest person on earth... i believe for everyone here been thru the emotional roller coaster and still strong to accept the results!

Sisters having their cycles this month and those going on future cycles ... have faith, stay positive, eat right, rest well and jiayou!

@Toolbox really??? So coincidental. I was in the ET room at abt 10.50am? Might have seen u during the wait. Hehehhehee.

@babycomecome @rainflower wao. U ladies are so disciplined. I couldn't even stay in bed for more than an hour apart from sleeping. I was roaming around the house. Trying to find things to do. Ended up checking my work email. I think work time passes fast. Hahahaha. But i wanna enjoy this holiday too. So My mom ended up doing all my groceries shopping so i can bake n cook tomorrow to kill time.

Back