Any sisters in 2ww? Am feeling better after the pain episode. Glad it went off. Now waiting for implantation which shud be over weekend :). Will go for progesterone bt next week. Don't think I can test early like 10dpo and 12 dpo like my last 2 cycles as am taking hcg jabs every 3 days. Do u all know how long it takes for hcg to wear off from body pls.

if you are taking hcg jabs every 3 days, it's unlikely you can get a true result from home pregnancy test...

for me, the HCG from pregnyl wore off from 6DP2DT cos I've tested and it's -ve.

Ladies, any idea what is the difference between 6 cell, 8 cell, and compacting cell? Thank u in advance
hello cowmoomoo. Hope all's going well for u :)

Here's a really good read written by an embryologist on embryo stages, progression & pregnancy outcomes. He explained the differences & how it relates to pregnancy chances from professional perspectives of an embryologist. Not too chim lingo so readable.
http://fertilitylabinsider.com/2010/11/embryo-stages-progression/

Here's a really good read written by an embryologist on embryo stages, progression & pregnancy outcomes. He explained the differences & how it relates to pregnancy chances from professional perspectives of an embryologist. Not too chim lingo so readable.
seems like, blasties have a higher chance of implantation but most likely it will be a single viable pregnancy, whereas for 2D and 3D embryos, the chances of multiple pregnancies are higher, provided implantation happens.

thanks Dawn! Very informative read! I just done the embryo transfer, no more embryo left that are good for freezing. Hope for the best now.

Haha..... My lifestyle needs to change as work in a stressful environment and lack of sleep. Daily sleep 4-5 hours. Food intake is healthy and mainly home cooked and plain. Less sugar, less salt, less meat and more veggies + fruits. High intake of red beans without sugar at least once a week. 2 times per week for breakfast with 5 types of bean boil till soft. Other days breakfast eat plain oats with milk. Daily run 2.4km minimum on track mill. Think, rest is very important. With my stressful work environment and responsibility for work and home cause me unable to rest proper, insomnia. To see TCM to get body healthy and fit for pregnancy will take years. By then too old already. Just focus on health first. Whichever, aim to do FET before turn 41 be it waste money, time and energy. Just try as a form of experience and journey with no regrets
Hi Teddy75. Already your positive spirits & actions are inspirational. Keep it up & dun let any negativity seep in. It only zaps your mental & emotional strength.
Yes rest is really very important to enable body to recover, regenerate & utilize all the goodness of your diet & excercise.
If u do not have too serious underlying condition in which case needs to be diagnosed & treated with Western meds first, TCM is really worth a try and at least give it 3months. If you r disciplined, it won't need years. You have already done so much, worth considering this as a running a further mile before you take the test.
All the best & jia you.

@Domokunn, don't lose hope. Recuperate well and try again.
Dear Sista, we've all experienced this before, is never easy having to face this. However no matter what happens, brace yourself up. Go ahead cry and release yourself. It may take a few hours or few days, at the end of the day we still must muster courage to stand up and move on.

Happy or sad, life still goes on. So choose the former and don't be too hard on yourself.

You can always try again in few months or whenever you are ready ( give your body and mind a good rest before you embark the next journey).

BT result is out and well..... I am back to square 1. :(
well, my turn tomorrow and I reckon it will be nothing to be happy about too.
I guess, the moment when you know that there are no specific symptoms and still a BFN on the HPT a few days before, more or less, you know what you are in for on beta day (This is my experience from many BFNs)
It's always so sians to get -ve result when you have all the +ve situation in front, like it could be a blastie, fantastic lining, positive vibes etc...The mood is always ruined after seeing the damn single line or even spotting / bleeding on the panties. Then again, the hope to catch that last glimmer of hope at the 13th hour is always there until beta when you hear the nurse say the darned "you are not pregnant"

We belong to the brave category. Why? Who can withstand jabs after jabs after jabs and eating so many eggs in a day? Who can insert ugesterone pills up to the private parts even when you see blood? Who can fall but still stand up after knowing it's a busted cycle and give a simple consolation of "Nevermind, let's try again" to ownself?

The feeling of helplessness and loss is undeniably painful but again, what can we do except to pick up and see what's the strategy to the next cycle? Every BFN is a step closer to the dream of cuddling your baby...

-feeling emo-

I guess, the moment when you know that there are no specific symptoms and still a BFN on the HPT a few days before, more or less, you know what you are in for on beta day (This is my experience from many BFNs)
It's always so sians to get -ve result when you have all the +ve situation in front, like it could be a blastie, fantastic lining, positive vibes etc...The mood is always ruined after seeing the damn single line or even spotting / bleeding on the panties. Then again, the hope to catch that last glimmer of hope at the 13th hour is always there until beta when you hear the nurse say the darned "you are not pregnant"

We belong to the brave category. Why? Who can withstand jabs after jabs after jabs and eating so many eggs in a day? Who can insert ugesterone pills up to the private parts even when you see blood? Who can fall but still stand up after knowing it's a busted cycle and give a simple consolation of "Nevermind, let's try again" to ownself?

The feeling of helplessness and loss is undeniably painful but again, what can we do except to pick up and see what's the strategy to the next cycle? Every BFN is a step closer to the dream of cuddling your baby...

-feeling emo-

hello towkayneo.
u are one of the positive ladies around here encouraging us around. jiayou and dont think so much until tmr!!!
hello domokunn, dont give up! jiayou also!!

Catching on TowkayNeo's emo, is still early 2ww for me. Lots of thoughts running through my mind, we all hope for BFP. For those who did not succeed, do cherish the opportunities that you can have another try, go for more cycles etc.

This is my 3rd and will be my last Ivf regardless of the result. As much as I do hope to try again, unfortunately age and financials can be a big hindrance. I quietly pray and hope, at the same time mentally prep myself that if I do not succeed this time, this will be it. I will just have to be content with my precious girl....

Thanks ladies, yeah, though it's abit sians that I am going to hear that darn sentence from the nurse tomorrow, no choice lor. I always think that if the embryo decided to stick, no matter what you do, it will still stick to you regardless. So yeah, just move and think of how to strike BFP the next round (ma ciam finding secret of striking Toto) In the meantime, while waiting to meet THH, I will spend more time with my kid whom I did not carry for the past 2 weeks.

For the 2WW-ers, jia you~~

Thanks ladies, yeah, though it's abit sians that I am going to hear that darn sentence from the nurse tomorrow, no choice lor. I always think that if the embryo decided to stick, no matter what you do, it will still stick to you regardless. So yeah, just move and think of how to strike BFP the next round (ma ciam finding secret of striking Toto) In the meantime, while waiting to meet THH, I will spend more time with my kid whom I did not carry for the past 2 weeks.

For the 2WW-ers, jia you~~
I bet you can't wait to carryhim soon!!! Now every time I see my girl but I can't carry her (esp when she just wake up from her nap) :(

Catching on TowkayNeo's emo, is still early 2ww for me. Lots of thoughts running through my mind, we all hope for BFP. For those who did not succeed, do cherish the opportunities that you can have another try, go for more cycles etc.

This is my 3rd and will be my last Ivf regardless of the result. As much as I do hope to try again, unfortunately age and financials can be a big hindrance. I quietly pray and hope, at the same time mentally prep myself that if I do not succeed this time, this will be it. I will just have to be content with my precious girl....

Ehhh! which age group you belong to? I always have this idea that you are in your mid 30s! Don't be emo la, wa biang, in the midst of 2WW, you must remain +ve. For me, it's different, it's the END of 2WW liaos wor. You want BFP still feel emo, AIYO!

So did doc gave you medication or supplements to improve your lining for next round.
For lining, think the doc will not give anything extra, maybe extra dosage but nothing more than that.

If lining doesn't meet to the cut, the doc will ask you to try for the next cycle. Very sians one.

I am in 2ww too. May i ask why need hcg jabs during yiur 2ww?

Ehhh! which age group you belong to? I always have this idea that you are in your mid 30s! Don't be emo la, wa biang, in the midst of 2WW, you must remain +ve. For me, it's different, it's the END of 2WW liaos wor. You want BFP still feel emo, AIYO!
I'm 40 this year. You don't always wa biang or chibaboom me la! I was very lucky to have success in my first Ivf at 38. how young are you by the way?

Who say is End of 2ww for you? You haven't even go BT and get nurse call! ! So don't anyhow give verdict to yourself!

Hi, I would like to check with sisters here doing Ivf because of male factor.

My husband has low vitality (means strong sperms), low count and not a single normal looking sperm. My TCM says with this result, Ivf won't work. So far for my 4 cycles, indeed all failed.

Is my tcm correct to say this? Can anyone prove me wrong?
Hi Tsf0205, seeking alternative doc's opinion or consulting an urologist might be a good idea.
My DH SA was really bad- count & concentration way below normal & morphology 0% based on Kruger's strict criteria. 0% is round off based on millions or hundreds of thousands in total; it doesn't mean exactly zero morphologically normal sperms. In ICSI, they select the most normal sperms from healthy motile sperms that swim out of the semen on their own. So long as there is one such selected sperm per egg for injection & fertilization, sperm issue is not hopeless. My ivf doc never raise issue with sperms since we proceed with ICSI.

Agree with Bunny & hengcai that sperms may improve. DH sperms did improve over time & by latest 3rd ICSI, though still 0% morphology, count & concentration improved way beyond normal criteria. This increases the pool of sperms for lab to select best sperms. DH started TCM since jan'15 and stopped after the last ICSI as we wil be going for FET next cycle. TCM doc said he can rest since generally healthy already and if need again for future ICSI, can restart as acupuncture is not meant to be forever non-stop measure.

DH also improved lifestyle habits, watch diet but not extreme so can sustain (still hv his daily morning teh but no cold or sugary drinks, eats home-cooked meals on weekdays dinners and on wkends as much as we can), exercise 2-4 times weekly.

One thing we did replaced water bottles and home food storage containers with glass type. He used to drink v frequently from plastic bottles. We also change to natural phthalates free detergent & shower gel. I stopped perfumes & nail polishes (but must still cover grey hairs haha). BPA, phthalates & pvc are proven damaging for fertility. We try to adopt what is beneficial to our health & hope for the best. When we see improvement, we can't pinpoint what it is but something must hv gone right and hope to get closer to our goal. Even if not, we console ourselves that we hv done our best.

Don't give up. Jia you k.

I'm 40 this year. You don't always wa biang or chibaboom me la! I was very lucky to have success in my first Ivf at 38. how young are you by the way?

Who say is End of 2ww for you? You haven't even go BT and get nurse call! ! So don't anyhow give verdict to yourself!
I am 33. Come on laaaa, not difficult to know yes or no regarding such things! When's your 2WW? that time really wasted never meet up face to face. In the same room somemore!!!

Hi Tsf0205, seeking alternative doc's opinion or consulting an urologist might be a good idea.
My DH SA was really bad- count & concentration way below normal & morphology 0% based on Kruger's strict criteria. 0% is round off based on millions or hundreds of thousands in total; it doesn't mean exactly zero morphologically normal sperms. In ICSI, they select the most normal sperms from healthy motile sperms that swim out of the semen on their own. So long as there is one such selected sperm per egg for injection & fertilization, sperm issue is not hopeless. My ivf doc never raise issue with sperms since we proceed with ICSI.

Agree with Bunny & hengcai that sperms may improve. DH sperms did improve over time & by latest 3rd ICSI, though still 0% morphology, count & concentration improved way beyond normal criteria. This increases the pool of sperms for lab to select best sperms. DH started TCM since jan'15 and stopped after the last ICSI as we wil be going for FET next cycle. TCM doc said he can rest since generally healthy already and if need again for future ICSI, can restart as acupuncture is not meant to be forever non-stop measure.

DH also improved lifestyle habits, watch diet but not extreme so can sustain (still hv his daily morning teh but no cold or sugary drinks, eats home-cooked meals on weekdays dinners and on wkends as much as we can), exercise 2-4 times weekly.

One thing we did replaced water bottles and home food storage containers with glass type. He used to drink v frequently from plastic bottles. We also change to natural phthalates free detergent & shower gel. I stopped perfumes & nail polishes (but must still cover grey hairs haha). BPA, phthalates & pvc are proven damaging for fertility. We try to adopt what is beneficial to our health & hope for the best. When we see improvement, we can't pinpoint what it is but something must hv gone right and hope to get closer to our goal. Even if not, we console ourselves that we hv done our best.

Don't give up. Jia you k.
Ya ya, TCM confirm can improve sperm quality - Mark Lee, the TCS celebrity said out loud that he went to Kang De Mei (TCM by Tan Siew Buoy) for treatment and they have a daughter. My guy friend also went to Tan Siew Buoy for sperm issues and bingo, he is a father of 2 gals lo

I am 33. Come on laaaa, not difficult to know yes or no regarding such things! When's your 2WW? that time really wasted never meet up face to face. In the same room somemore!!!
You so young no wonder you know all those chibaboom la! Haha mine is 3 Nov.

Never mind definitely can meet someday! Is not like we are living in different countries!

If you don't mind me asking, why are you trying this route at such a 'young' age? For me, is because after I got married at early 30s I was too engrossed in climbing the corporate ladder. Is only when I reach late 30s then I decide for family planning.

Thanks ladies for the encouragement. Have already make appt w dr for review and next week. When the nurse called n told me my reading is less then 1, was so :( worst then my fresh cycle.

My appt suppose to b today.. rch den i noe that i m not susbsidise patient.. hence nv get to c dr jerry chan.. now at polyclinic getting referal letter

-feeling emo-

Hi towkayneo, i feel like crying after reading yr post. Yes, we are all bravo!! Still.... wish and hope for the best for u tomorrow.

Thanks ladies for the encouragement. Have already make appt w dr for review and next week. When the nurse called n told me my reading is less then 1, was so :( worst then my fresh cycle.
Hi Domo, it means implantation did not take place..that's quite fast for doc review..

-feeling emo-

Thanks! Well said. Ur ang mo very powderful haha all the best to u tml, it is only conclusive after ur BT. Don't give up yet.

Hi Domo, it means implantation did not take place..that's quite fast for doc review..
I called n make appt make, don't wanna wait n wait. Wait 1 day also like that, wait longer also the same so might as well face the music and look forward Lor. Any reason y implantation doesn't take place? I don't understand y my body is like rejecting the embryos. :|

You so young no wonder you know all those chibaboom la! Haha mine is 3 Nov.

Never mind definitely can meet someday! Is not like we are living in different countries!

If you don't mind me asking, why are you trying this route at such a 'young' age? For me, is because after I got married at early 30s I was too engrossed in climbing the corporate ladder. Is only when I reach late 30s then I decide for family planning.
Me sway la..got ectopic pregnancy at the age of 29 and removed the affected tube. Tried natural but not successful hence resort to IVF. Sway sway, during the process and after failing 1 fresh and 1 frozen, found out that the other tube was not healthy, so made a decision to hack it away. The following month BFP at the age of 31.

What reading is it? So far when nurses call me, they only inform me +ve or -ve. Didn't know about this reading thing..
You got to ask the nurse or during the review, you must ask the doc about the reading. If beta is 0 or 1,2, it may mean that implantation did not take place, so you can work on the implantation portion next time round

I see, so can ask the nurse when they called us for BT results.

There won't be any need for me to improve/work on for this time is my last time..

Hi Teddy75. Already your positive spirits & actions are inspirational. Keep it up & dun let any negativity seep in. It only zaps your mental & emotional strength.
Yes rest is really very important to enable body to recover, regenerate & utilize all the goodness of your diet & excercise.
If u do not have too serious underlying condition in which case needs to be diagnosed & treated with Western meds first, TCM is really worth a try and at least give it 3months. If you r disciplined, it won't need years. You have already done so much, worth considering this as a running a further mile before you take the test.
All the best & jia you.
Again, thanks e encouragement. Mentioned my routine lifestyle for more than 10 years. Cannot BFP also cannot help. Fated.

I'm just wondering, if it's donor eggs, will the bb still be considered the mum's child? I know it grows inside the mum's womb, but in terms of DNA, will the child still carry the mum's DNA? Just trying to find out more in case I'll need a donor egg in future (touch wood)
When you are pregnant using donor eggs & hubby's sperms, the bb's DNA will be genetically related to the donor female & your hubby. Bb will not be genetically related to you but YOU are still the bb's mother tho just not genetically related.

A good read on an opinion as to when to consider donor eggs & what are the considerations (not just technical, but social & emotional issues) for deciding whether to bear a child using donor eggs -
http://fertilitylabinsider.com/2014/08/q-from-u-when-should-you-consider-donor-eggs/#comments

I read someone posted abt her AMH levels few days back. I went to dig out my previous blood test. Once I did with Tmc, it was only 8.2 pmol/L which was considered low for my age. then when I went to nuh for pre ivf blood test, the amh became 17.7 which is normal. It makes me wonder how accurate is AMH

When you are pregnant using donor eggs & hubby's sperms, the bb's DNA will be genetically related to the donor female & your hubby. Bb will not be genetically related to you but YOU are still the bb's mother tho just not genetically related.

A good read on an opinion as to when to consider donor eggs & what are the considerations (not just technical, but social & emotional issues) for deciding whether to bear a child using donor eggs -
http://fertilitylabinsider.com/2014/08/q-from-u-when-should-you-consider-donor-eggs/#comments
So if one day somehow do DNA test, it will show unrelated lor.. Aiyo, watched too much drama shows.. And how abt blood? Will the blood type be off? Like if both parents are same blood group like A, and donor egg woman is B, then bb can be B? Then it will be so obvious right.

Hahaha, you watched the 10pm HK show right..the Coco and the Colby :p Yeah, bb can be B too...
surrogate mothering is like that one mah...