IVF/ICSI Support Group

@Melody2512, is still the same for IUI as a private patient. I did my 2 rounds of IUI and everytime see different docs including IUI procedures.

For IVF, scans will be still reviewed by a team of docs. Your doc will only do the ET for you.
I feel cheated cos paying so much but your doc doesn't do anything except for choosing your eggs and ET.
Like what other says, you get to choose your own doc which you are more comfortable in.

My friend was referred to Dr Matthew previously by his gynae. My friend told me u/s is done by a team of dr but once a wk Dr Matthew will meet them to review. Mm..

Can meh? I called in to request to switch to private patient under Dr Tan HH but my appt is still at Clinic D. Private Suite is for preg right? Previously was under subsidized then i have never met Dr Tan Tse Yuen b4! Not even on e day of iui, so sad.
Opps, ya, sorry, Private Suite is for preggers....but if you BFP under subsidized, think it will not be in Private Suite..

Just wanted to "throw out" here.
My recently turned 40 years old body turning lousy. In Sep mid, just failed my 2nd fresh transfer. October this month, my cycle was so short that menses finishes at day 2 and was little. I have problems like high blood and cholesterol. Currently have 2 embryos frozen. TCM diagnosis my body weak 气血not enough. Chances of pregnancy slim. So sad that cannot experience pregnancy again. Sigh......

Just wanted to "throw out" here.
My recently turned 40 years old body turning lousy. In Sep mid, just failed my 2nd fresh transfer. October this month, my cycle was so short that menses finishes at day 2 and was little. I have problems like high blood and cholesterol. Currently have 2 embryos frozen. TCM diagnosis my body weak 气血not enough. Chances of pregnancy slim. So sad that cannot experience pregnancy again. Sigh......
If body is weak, TCM can slowly help you adjust back to getting 'warm' it may take time but still is possible. Avoid taking cooling food and cold water. High blood and cholesterol can be combat by exercising.

Is a fact that as we age our body starts to degenerate however there are things that we can continuously do to improve our health and well-being. You still have 2 frozen embbies so there is still a chance of getting preggie. Slim chance does not equal to no chance. Have faith in yourself, and start to do some changes in your lifestyle (exercise, choice of food, adequate sleep), all these will work towards improving your well-being and towards trying to conceive.

Don't let age get you down!

Hi, I would like to check with sisters here doing Ivf because of male factor.

My husband has low vitality (means strong sperms), low count and not a single normal looking sperm. My TCM says with this result, Ivf won't work. So far for my 4 cycles, indeed all failed.

Is my tcm correct to say this? Can anyone prove me wrong?

I think it's always a good idea to start on egg whites while on stim all the way to ET (provided you are at risk of OHSS))...egg whites provide the necessary protein for good quality eggs. you can start 2,3 per day and maybe gradually increase to 4-6..
Thanks!! I check with the nurses too, they saying start on stimulation day. For now with Lucrine injection, just rest and reLax.

Hi ladies, does anyone take red dates longan tea during their ivf? I'm drinking red dates longan tea almost daily to keep my womb warm as i've cold body. Can I still drink daily prior to ER/ET? Pardon my 10000 whys. Haha! Had a failed so-iui so hoping to be in the best form prior going for ivf. As on now, i know need to eat egg whites for better egg quality. Drink raspberry tea & red bean soup for thicker lining.

If body is weak, TCM can slowly help you adjust back to getting 'warm' it may take time but still is possible. Avoid taking cooling food and cold water. High blood and cholesterol can be combat by exercising.

Is a fact that as we age our body starts to degenerate however there are things that we can continuously do to improve our health and well-being. You still have 2 frozen embbies so there is still a chance of getting preggie. Slim chance does not equal to no chance. Have faith in yourself, and start to do some changes in your lifestyle (exercise, choice of food, adequate sleep), all these will work towards improving your well-being and towards trying to conceive.

Don't let age get you down!
Haha..... My lifestyle needs to change as work in a stressful environment and lack of sleep. Daily sleep 4-5 hours. Food intake is healthy and mainly home cooked and plain. Less sugar, less salt, less meat and more veggies + fruits. High intake of red beans without sugar at least once a week. 2 times per week for breakfast with 5 types of bean boil till soft. Other days breakfast eat plain oats with milk. Daily run 2.4km minimum on track mill. Think, rest is very important. With my stressful work environment and responsibility for work and home cause me unable to rest proper, insomnia. To see TCM to get body healthy and fit for pregnancy will take years. By then too old already. Just focus on health first. Whichever, aim to do FET before turn 41 be it waste money, time and energy. Just try as a form of experience and journey with no regrets

My husband has low vitality (means strong sperms), low count and not a single normal looking sperm. My TCM says with this result, Ivf won't work. So far for my 4 cycles, indeed all failed.

Sperm can generate new batch everytime. I wouldn't said its no hope. It's usually a woman egg quality that affect the result. A good egg can overcome poor sperm quality which is why many people opt for donor eggs. Ivf is a number game.
Your Tcm is very negative!

Hi ladies, does anyone take red dates longan tea during their ivf? I'm drinking red dates longan tea almost daily to keep my womb warm as i've cold body. Can I still drink daily prior to ER/ET? Pardon my 10000 whys. Haha! Had a failed so-iui so hoping to be in the best form prior going for ivf. As on now, i know need to eat egg whites for better egg quality. Drink raspberry tea & red bean soup for thicker lining.
LRD is not suitable for everybody. Everything should be in moderation. If your body can take it then is ok to drink. I don't feel it will have any impact on the cycle.

Hi ladies, mind to explain to me what is long protocol & what is short protocol?
Long protocol start with supression jab like lucrin and usually jab for 21 days plus minus. once blood test confirmed hormone fully suppressed dr will start you on stimulation jab to make your follies grow.
Short protocol start stimulation jab immediately on day 2.
Dr will access which protocol is suitable for you

Long protocol start with supression jab like lucrin and usually jab for 21 days plus minus. once blood test confirmed hormone fully suppressed dr will start you on stimulation jab to make your follies grow.
Short protocol start stimulation jab immediately on day 2.
Dr will access which protocol is suitable for you

Tyvm! Seeing Dr tmr morning for first consultation!

Hi tsf,i pm you

I prefer private cos you can choose your doc. If not wrong, the funding is the same for private and sub patients. Hope this helps.
Thanks purpledragon.
I'm thinking if I go as a private patient, how much will the bills cost for the whole consultations plus tests etc before proceeding to IVF process.

Thanks purpledragon.
I'm thinking if I go as a private patient, how much will the bills cost for the whole consultations plus tests etc before proceeding to IVF process.
E difference of payment before ivf bet subsidised n private patient is less than $500. Based on my experience at kkh

@Melody2512, is still the same for IUI as a private patient. I did my 2 rounds of IUI and everytime see different docs including IUI procedures.

For IVF, scans will be still reviewed by a team of docs. Your doc will only do the ET for you.
I feel cheated cos paying so much but your doc doesn't do anything except for choosing your eggs and ET.
Like what other says, you get to choose your own doc which you are more comfortable in.

Hi Dilemma
You mean you are a private patient but still being seen by different docs?

Am with kkh Dr tan gal. No I didn't decide day 2 transfer. When I was doing fresh in jun dr tan asked me whether want to do day 2 or 5. But now he straightaway do day 2. No idea why. He said embryos looks good coz they took out 4 cell and by transfer got 5 cells.
I am with Dr Tan too... But he was suggested me to do day 5 transfer . I am thinking to transfer at day 3

Many reasons affect uterus lining... like low estrogen, low blood flow to uterus, uterus health etc... your doc would had known the reasons and to recommend/give you the right supplements, med/jabs.

I know low blood flow is about quality of blood which is how much nutrients in your blood. I eat nourishing food such as beef (grass fed) /beef stew, spinach, broccoli... no alcohol and tea/coffee, no ice in drinks... and reduce sugar. I also have been taking prenatal supplements and coQ10, fish oils daily.
Basically I changed by dietary habits and lifestyle (no stress, enough sleep) as we are now in 40s and how much more time we can afford to have babies.

I believe you are younger than me. So if I can, you should be more than able to thicken the lining.
Thanks sister .
Ya I have been trying whichever way to thinking my lining , go for scan tomorrow and see how first

Sperm can generate new batch everytime. I wouldn't said its no hope. It's usually a woman egg quality that affect the result. A good egg can overcome poor sperm quality which is why many people opt for donor eggs. Ivf is a number game.
Your Tcm is very negative!
I'm just wondering, if it's donor eggs, will the bb still be considered the mum's child? I know it grows inside the mum's womb, but in terms of DNA, will the child still carry the mum's DNA? Just trying to find out more in case I'll need a donor egg in future (touch wood)

I think sperm can be improved.My husband has very bad result as he diagnosed with varicocele. Poor count, poor motality and poor morphology. But after he taking the chinese herbs and pure cordyceps and drink alkaline water everyday for 3 mths, the result were good during ivf. And we manage to conceive with 1st ivf. Embrologist said with assisted, they are able to pick good sperm as they man produce millions of sperm. So shld be nt a major as compared to woman with limited egg. Tcm always like to say their medicine can help to improve to conceive naturally, but for my experience , dont know what they did, i seen many of them can mess up my normal cycle and delay to menses to 40 plus days and make things worse. So really up to individual when come to tcm. They can make things worse.
Hi, may I know how u prepare cordyceps? And what's alkaline water?

Like what other says, you get to choose your own doc which you are more comfortable in.[/QUOTE]

And ER too right?

I read some literature.. which says that the skill of the surgeon when performing ET is very important... Guess that's what we are paying for as well :)

I think sperm can be improved.My husband has very bad result as he diagnosed with varicocele. Poor count, poor motality and poor morphology. But after he taking the chinese herbs and pure cordyceps and drink alkaline water everyday for 3 mths, the result were good during ivf. And we manage to conceive with 1st ivf. Embrologist said with assisted, they are able to pick good sperm as they man produce millions of sperm. So shld be nt a major as compared to woman with limited egg. Tcm always like to say their medicine can help to improve to conceive naturally, but for my experience , dont know what they did, i seen many of them can mess up my normal cycle and delay to menses to 40 plus days and make things worse. So really up to individual when come to tcm. They can make things worse.
Sperms will be a major issue if he has very severe sperm problems. And to cure is not easy for some. Can try supplements and tcm for 3 to 6 mths to see if can help. Most can,only some minority will be not much help..

Good luck

Hi hengcai,which tcm did yr hubby went?

Ya. Google kangen water. We took this water since june. Cordyceps we bought from 福华。small box ard 1k. Grind into fine powder can last for 3 mths for one small teaspoon per day. He also took with american ginseng. He used to have very poor health, always fall sick and got flu easily . Now his health is much more better. Not only help in sperms but also overall well being.
Grind into powder and eat like that?

My husband did not go to tcm. Only me. I thought it was my problem as he did not go for sperm check intially. The 1st three yrs when started trying. I always thought it was my problem. Now i think back how silly I was. That time i just googled the tcm. I tried dr bai at chung hwah, 陈美娥, dr zhang ji qiu at ma kuang, 王淑茵at toa payoh. All failed . They supposed to improve my period cycle but they further delay my menses cycle. It was bad experience with tcm.
Then wat chinese herbs yr dh take lei? U mention he take 1. Chinese herbs n 2. Codyceps

Btw, we only found out he got sperm issue last year november. Did not knw his results was so bad, only 4.7 millio per millitter. during ivf he got almost 30 million per milliliter. So actually it is good improvement and embryologist said with these sure can pick up good number of sperms.
As long as got 1 million sperms. Its enough for icsi. No worries. This result isnt bad at all.

Thanks for sharing on e thgs that he is eating :)

Hi Dilemma
You mean you are a private patient but still being seen by different docs?
Hi vickypinky,
Yes I'm a private patient under kkh.
For KKH scans will be reviewed by different docs after each ultrasounds. IUI also done by any available doc.
I only see doc once IUI completed to discuss on next course of action if failed.

I m having my first appt today wif dr jerry chan. Kinda of nervous.. anybody noes y is at children tower private suite and not at woman tower?

Last edited:

hello tsf0205, somehow i agree with bunny..
the doc i consulted mentioned most impt is eggs quality. afterall ivf is choosing the best few sperm to do the procedure.
all about chances i suppose. dont give up! be positive, is thanks to the many ladies like hi_mei for reminding is impt to be positive.

jiayou! and meanwhile we just continue to 'tiao' our body. :)

hello, I m silent reader here n would like to find out any sis here gone thr egg donor process? hope u can share ur experience n ur thots. pm me. thank you

I'm just wondering, if it's donor eggs, will the bb still be considered the mum's child? I know it grows inside the mum's womb, but in terms of DNA, will the child still carry the mum's DNA? Just trying to find out more in case I'll need a donor egg in future (touch wood)
definitely more or less will have the surrogate mother's DNA...cos the fertilized embryo needs to be implanted into her uterus and surely DNA is involved.

Back